Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,658 members, 7,837,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64987 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 12:18am On Jul 24, 2013
Boomark:

This not what i expect from you. I asked you some questions and expect you to either agree or disagree with me.

This is a cheap way to dodge my questions. I don't cut corners. If you cannot answer me then it is worthy that you discard all that you believe as a catholic and start afresh but not as a catholic. I don't like throwing words here and there. Answer me or we end the discussion knowing fully well that you can't offer anything.
you should be the one to change your church, I don't think they are teaching you the right thing, discard all that you believe and start afresh as a catholic. Thanks
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 12:28am On Jul 24, 2013
Chukskalidon:
So from your mind and its natural power of logic, all you could do is to quote Bible verses, cross your legs with a cup of coffee while interpreting what was constructed by the Holy Spirit. So, from your arguement, does it mean Jesus has no mother...does it mean anyone who hears his word and keeps is automatically become his mother and so we should channel the honour to such a person? You interpreted a Bible by saying Jesus despises his own mother-the womb through which Christianity is established. You scraped inability to interprete the Bible to the detriment of the people as among the sins against the holy spirit.. I was hoping to see a single word that signifies you may have a little knowledge of theology but am sure you're just a novice under the influence of a satanist who gives himself the honor of a christian Pastor. A pastor that has no degree on the lowest proffesion you can think off. Can someone call himself a pastor yet he has no knowledge of philosophy talk more of theology and traditions of the church. Mary did not remain a virgin after the birth of Jesus and Jesus had many brothers...lol u amaze me. Do u knw why scripturists spent years in Jewish custom, Greek and Italy(Romans), the Bible has a lot to do with traditions of these three countries. Let me advice you with the book of prov. 13vs 3...to avoid destroying your life be careful of what you say.
I don't know where he (4everGod) is getting all this from, he can't interpret the Bible and he likes arguement.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 12:40am On Jul 24, 2013
nnatom:

read it carefully again, luke1:43. Why am i so favoured dat d mother of my lord shld come to me.
Listen to dat, THE MOTHER OF MY LORD SHOULD COME TO ME.
If this doesn't sound clear to u, let me put on a clear note.

Is she nt highly blessed for her to be given dat great opportunity to carry and nurse our lord and saviour for d purpose of our redemption.

To crown it up, in luke1:48 she said and i quote, Henceforth, i.e from now on, all generations,including ours o,shall call me BLESSED.

My brother, let stop dis ranting and give her dat honour, she deserves it. Even God honoured her by giving her d opportunity to carry his only begotten Son.

My brother shey e easy? No, no be moi moi.
they don't want to hear the truth at all, they keep argueing, they are the one that know why they are all againt the Mother of God.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by BERNIMOORE: 12:57am On Jul 24, 2013
THE MARIAN PRAYER OF
POPE JOHN-PAUL II

[size=14pt]Sustain us, O Virgin Mary, on our journey of faith
and obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Mother of God
and our Mother, Mary!
[/size]

see one of the links; i can supply other links too
http://prayers.viarosa.com/Prayers2BlessedVirginMary.html

this raise some questions demanding a honest and unedited answer!

Since Our Lady of Fatima (the Virgin Mary) asserts an equivalent position to Christ with respect to mediating salvation, we have a problem on our hands since 1 Timothy 2:5 together with Hebrews 7:23-25, Acts 4:11-12 and John 14:6 clearly and unequivocally state that Jesus Christ is the eternal and sole mediator who can save us and that he is the only way to the Father. Can the Virgin Mary have any possible rivaling salvaging role that also happens to be supported by scripture? No, it doesn’t… because salvation is a business done by Jesus and Jesus only.

sacred Scriptures leaves no room for doubt or compromise.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 24, 2013
talk2chichi: I don't know where he (4everGod) is getting all this from, he can't interpret the Bible and he likes arguement.
He is in no doubt under a profit-motivated man who is ready to fall back on charms because of money and constructs the house of God with 4 pieces of woods with a zinc...binding them and inculcating them with heresy while setting his eyes on being a millionaire yet he will always call himself a pastor.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by BERNIMOORE: 1:01am On Jul 24, 2013
Pope John Paul made more than 40 pilgrimages to her shrines at Lourdes and Fatima. He wrote in his Apostolic Letter of Oct. 16, 2002, the following words:

“I entrust this Apostolic Letter to the loving hands of the Virgin Mary, prostrating myself in spirit before her image in the splendid Shrine built for her by Blessed Bartolo Longo, the apostle of the Rosary.”

or this;
The Glories of Mary by Alphonsus de Liguori explicitly mentions Marian worship in the fifth stanza of the hymn, “Mary, Virgin of Virgins” (page 589).
[size=14pt]“Queen thou art, whom all things worship,
Earth and hell, and heaven above;
But thy heart o'erflows with goodness,
Just and sinners feel thy love.”[/size]
http://willingshepherds.org/Aspirations%20to%20Mary.htm

and to cap it all,
Embroidered inside all of Pope John Paul’s robes was the phrase, “Totus tuus sum Maria,” which means, “Mary, I am all yours.”
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 1:01am On Jul 24, 2013
chukwudi44:

the funny thing is that the church keeps growing on daily basis even in the face of this atacks.The opposition to the church is the one that keeps shrinking and chnging
Arianism-non chalcedonians-orthodoxy-protestantim -pentecostalism-WOF
the church will keep growing for the gate of hell shall never prevail againt it, catholic church can never be compared to other churches. Thanks chukwudi for defending our church.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 1:10am On Jul 24, 2013
Chukskalidon:
He is in no doubt under a profit-motivated man who is ready to fall back on charms because of money and constructs the house of God with 4 pieces of woods with a zinc...binding them and inculcating them with heresy while setting his eyes on being a millionaire yet he will always call himself a pastor.
may God help him out. Thanks Chukskalidon for defending our church.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Richieboyn: 1:59am On Jul 24, 2013
ochongonoko:

My pastors are not dead, mary is..

MUMU! BIG ONE!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Richieboyn: 2:07am On Jul 24, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]

MY FELLOW CATHOLICS, UNA GET TIME OOOOO. ISN'T IT CLEAR THAT THIS PROTESTANTS ARE JUST OUT FOR RIDICULE AND THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN LEARNING ALL WHAT WE'RE SAYING? MY OPINION IS THAT YOU SHOULD LEAVE THEM AONE! NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU BATHE A PIG-IT WILL ALWAYS REMAIN A PIG! NO MATTER ALL WE SAY HERE, DE WILL ALWAYS DECIDE TO CONTINUE BEING MUMUS. SO LETZ STICK TO OUR FAITH AND LEAVE THIS MUMUZ WHO KEEP SAYING WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW. THEIR MUMURITY IS BEYOND HUMAN HELP, BUT I BELIEVE GOD WILL INTERVENE IN THEIR LIVES. AMEN.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 24, 2013
BERNIMOORE: Pope John Paul made more than 40 pilgrimages to her shrines at Lourdes and Fatima. He wrote in his Apostolic Letter of Oct. 16, 2002, the following words:

“I entrust this Apostolic Letter to the loving hands of the Virgin Mary, prostrating myself in spirit before her image in the splendid Shrine built for her by Blessed Bartolo Longo, the apostle of the Rosary.”

or this;
The Glories of Mary by Alphonsus de Liguori explicitly mentions Marian worship in the fifth stanza of the hymn, “Mary, Virgin of Virgins” (page 589).
[size=14pt]“Queen thou art, whom all things worship,
Earth and hell, and heaven above;
But thy heart o'erflows with goodness,
Just and sinners feel thy love.”[/size]
http://willingshepherds.org/Aspirations%20to%20Mary.htm

and to cap it all,
Embroidered inside all of Pope John Paul’s robes was the phrase, “Totus tuus sum Maria,” which means, “Mary, I am all yours.”
I will leave this to you as you haven't directly insinuated anything. I will take it to be you want it that way unless there are future changes or insinuation(s).
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 24, 2013
talk2chichi: may God help him out. Thanks Chukskalidon for defending our church.

[b]Defending your church? I thought you said you had knowledge! The Church belongs to Jesus as He is the Head of the Church and it does not belong to an institution or anyone. Your Church indeed! He who knows not and knows that he knows not, teach him, he will learn. It is obvious that you lot are beyond being taught even when it is obvious that your Popes always demanded worship towards Mary you hide under the word honour and they confuse you. Do you realise that God is never an author of confusion? Why is your precious catholic institution so full of confusion and conflicting views from what the bible boldly declares. Let me help you with an answer, Is it not because men have mixed their own traditions with the pure undiluted word of God?

The day I got born again I stood before my earthly father and preached Jesus to him and told him that if he dies today hell would be his portion and I was very bold in doing so you know why, because the message is greater than the messenger. Today my father is a born again child of God. Jesus is all in all and everything consists in Him and through Him. Mary a woman who with her own mouth called Jesus her savior and her Lord in Luke 1: 46-47. Yet Catholics speak up and say that Mary is now at par with Christ the Savior of the world. They are being deceived by the very catholic institution they so adore and dont even know it.[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 24, 2013
talk2chichi: may God help him out. Thanks Chukskalidon for defending our church.
Am obliged to say nothing but the whole truth about the activities of the Holy Church instituted by Jesus Christ through St. Peter, the first Supreme Pontiff avoiding doctrinal bickerings and the pride it brings but at the same time proclaiming and evangelizing with the Holy doctrines of the Church. So, I would rather pray to antagonists of the Church to please evangelize basically with their own doctrine (thats if they have one) and avoid antagonism. And beside what can I do to thank Our lord Jesus Christ for the numerous helps rendered to me and my fellow brethrens through the Rosary and intercessions of the Saints and His precious Mother on this Porta Fidei. Thank u

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 24, 2013
"Proof that Mary was a sinner, needed a saviour, had more than five
children, and is not mediatrix"

[b]This document is from the perspective of what the Bible has to teach regarding the
rightful place, and call God had upon Mary’s life; the Mary who bore Jesus into the
world when conceived in her womb by the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18-23).
The Bible makes it very clear that God called Mary as a vehicle for Jesus Christ to be
born into the world; a unique and special calling of God upon her life.
In the Old Testament there is a prophecy from the Book of Isaiah where God made
provision for a virgin to conceive a son whose name would be Immanuel – the fulfillment
of this prophecy found in Matthew 1:23. This prophecy relates to a righteous woman
whom God would use, in her virgin state, to give birth to Jesus Christ. This
prophecy of Isaiah was given about 750 years before Jesus’ birth. (1)
God speaking through the prophet Isaiah said,
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall
conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14) (KJV)
With references to the Bible, Mary was chosen by God, as was previously prophesied by
Isaiah for the divine purpose of delivering the holy child Jesus into the world. unique and
special
The Roman Catholic Church (RCC) are in breach to what the Bible teaches with regards
to Mary, attributing her to a place of exaltation only Jesus Christ is worthy of receiving.
Beside Jesus Christ, no one else can ever be, nor ever will be worthy of exaltation the
RCC give Mary; which is both blasphemous and idolatrous.
The Bible is the only source which records truthful reference about Mary’s life, therefore
one needs to read and study the account of Mary’s life which will shed light upon the
truth of what is written about her. Today the Bible is written in our vernacular so that
every person can know what God’s plan of salvation for each of us is. (2)

The infallibility of the Bible

[b]The Bible has been refuted by many people, and some of the many who have attempted
to disprove its infallibility have eventually become its most dedicated proponents.
Embarking upon to disprove the truth of the Bible, the words of Scripture have instead
reproved skeptic’s lives of sin, righteousness and judgment, brought them to the place of
surrender, and liberated them.
The Bible has the ability to speak into the deepest recesses of our lives and expose every
part. The writer of Hebrews said,
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two
edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and
of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents
of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12) (KJV)
We cannot escape the Bibles message to us. When its been read and trusted, them who
have laid their dependence on it have found it to provide the life Jesus Christ says it 2
would. This is what makes the Bible true to what it says – the Bible does to one what it
says it will do. Embrace it with your life, and live by its words.
Jesus promised by saying,
If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall
know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:31, 32) (KJV)
Jesus had this to say in regard to His word when a woman approached Him about His
(Jesus’) mother’s womb and breasts being blessed because they had conceived and
nurtured a great prophet into the world (Luke 11:27), but Jesus’ reply to this woman was,
Yea, rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
(Luke 11:28) (KJV)
Jesus said it was more blessed to follow the instruction of His word than be sentimental
about His mother who bore Him. The Bible says that God is not a respecter of persons
which means that no-one gets preferred treatment (Acts 10:34; Mt. 11:11). Following
what God instructs us in His word is more important for our salvation than anything else.
Salvation cannot be found in Mary, neither can salvation be found in any saint the RCC
has canonized. Salvation can only be found in Jesus Christ of whom we can come
directly to through the Father. Jesus said,
“… I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by
me.” (John 14:6) (KJV)
Below I have compiled a study comparing from a biblical perspective what the RCC
teach about Mary.[/b]
[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]Mary was a sinner

Firstly, the Bible tells us that “all” men have sinned, including Mary the earthly mother
Jesus, and have fallen short of the glory of God according to what Romans 3:23 says.
Through one man (Adam), sin entered the world and death spread to all men. As death
came through Adam, so life has come through Jesus Christ (Romans 5:12-15).
King David writing in the Psalms says that he was brought forth in iniquity and in sin
when his mother conceived him, saying that we have all been brought forth in iniquity,
all been born into sin. Reference of this is found in Psalms 51:5. Only Jesus Christ was
without sin. The Bible tells us,3
For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses,
but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. (Hebrews
4:15) (NASB)
The RCC claims that Mary’s virginity is perpetual. It would have been impossible for
Mary to remain a virgin if she had a large family to her husband Joseph. Reference of this
is found in Matthew 13:55, 56.
Another RCC claim is Mary’s sinless state. Again, it was impossible for Mary to have
been sinless because under Jewish law a woman who gave birth to a first born male was
required to offer a sacrifice for sin. These Jewish laws were still in effect during the time
of Jesus’ birth and ministry. The apostle Paul says,
But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a
woman, made under the law, (Galatians 4:4) (KJV)
Read Luke 2:21-23 for verification of the law requiring a mother to offer sacrifices for
the birth of her first born son.
Ascribing to Mary a state of sinlessness is another attempt by the RCC to exalt Mary to
the place only the Lord Jesus rightfully possesses.
That Mary was not only a virgin before the birth of Christ but after her family of children
to Joseph, Rome claims,
The deepening of faith in the virginal motherhood led the Church to confess
Mary’s real and perpetual virginity even in the act of giving birth to the Son
of God made man. In fact, Christ's birth ‘did not diminish his mother’s
virginal integrity but sanctified it. ’And so the liturgy of the Church
celebrates Mary as Aeiparthenos, the ‘Ever-virgin’” (3)
Elaborating upon what has already been said, the first thing needing to be understood is
Jesus was born under the law of Moses, therefore, according to the Law of Moses every
Jewish mother that gave birth to her first male child had to offer sacrifices to God. One of
the sacrifices was a burnt offering, and the other was a sin offering. This is in accordance
to the Talmud (law of Moses) found in the book of Leviticus chap. 12. In order to get a
better understanding of this, Leviticus chap. 12 needs to be read in conjunction with Luke
2:21-23.
By offering the required sacrifices according to the law, Mary admits her sinful state and
offers those sacrifices according to the “ ... law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or
two young pigeons” one a burnt offering, and the other a sin offering (Luke 2:24).
Luke’s record in conjunction with Leviticus 12 says “And if she be not able to bring a
lamb, then she shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons; the one for the burnt
offering, and the other for a sin offering” (Leviticus 12:cool.
Mary and Joseph were possibly unable to afford a lamb, so instead brought a pair of
turtledoves, and two young pigeons: one for the burnt offering, and the other for the sin
offering. Upon Mary’s own admission of being a sinner she presents these sacrifices to
the Lord.

Richard Bennett, ex-catholic priest writes:
The unadorned truth is that like all other genuine believers, Mary of
Bethlehem was a sinner saved by God’s grace, through faith, not by any 4
essential righteousness or preserving grace granted in her own birth, nor any
elevation of virginity within marriage as a higher call than what the Lord has
decreed in His word. In this way she was and is truly blessed among
women!” Read Luke 1:28, 42 for reference.[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]Mary, God’s handmaiden of low estate

Mary admits her position as being a handmaiden of low estate, and no more than this. She
acknowledges how God uses her as a vessel to give birth to our Lord and Saviour Jesus
Christ. Admitting that Jesus Christ is her Saviour, she also admits her need of salvation.
By Mary’s own words, she removes any idea of pre-eminence so as not to assume herself
above God’s calling of her.
For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from
henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. (Luke 1:48) (KJV)
Mary had more than five children
There is very clear evidence recorded in the Scriptures that Jesus had a family which
consisted of brothers and sisters. How could it be possible for Mary to ever have
remained or continued being a virgin if having given birth to children after her birth of
Jesus while married to Joseph. For Mary to be declared "immaculate" and “Aeiparthenos,
the ‘Ever-virgin’” by the RCC is certainly not in accord with what the Bible teaches.
Consider this biblical reference about Mary having had children to Joseph after her birth
of Jesus.
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his
brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are
they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?
(Matthew 13:55, 56) (KJV)

In another, and seemingly desperate attempt to preserve the tradition that Mary remains
forever a virgin, the Church of Rome refute the passage of Scripture, Matthew 13:55, 56,
saying that the Mary referred to there is not the Mary who conceived Jesus.
Rome claims,
Against this doctrine the objection is sometimes raised that the Bible
mentions brothers and sisters of Jesus. The Church has always understood
these passages as not referring to other children of the Virgin Mary. In fact
James and Joseph, ‘brothers of Jesus’, are the sons of another Mary, a
disciple of Christ, whom St. Matthew significantly calls ‘the other Mary’.
They are close relations of Jesus, according to an Old Testament expression.
(5)
If the Catechism claims that it was another Mary recorded in Matthew 13:55, 56, they
twist the Scripture to suit their own objective and mislead many from the truth. Recorded
clearly in Matthew 13:55, 56 is reference that Mary, the mother of Jesus, had many
children to Joseph.
Besides Rome’s exhalation of Mary, could this not be an attempt to portray her as a role
model for nuns and priests to live a celibate life?[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]Is Mary the “mediatrix” between man and God?

If we try but fail to meet God’s expectation of us, He will understand, have mercy, and
lead us to repentance because Jesus, who made Himself a propitiation for our sin,
represents the believer before God and mediates for us.
The Bible says,
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the
man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5) (KJV)

Atonement for our sin had to first be accomplished through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the
cross leading to His death, resurrection, and ascension. This had to all result before He
could become our high priest and mediator before God on man’s behalf. By His own
sufferings, Jesus is now able to identify with our suffering as our faithful high priest
providing pardon for our sins.
Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that
He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things
pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For
since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is
able to come to the aid of those who are tempted. (Hebrews 2:17-18)
(NASB).
Unless we are repentant of our sinful acts and behavior, and ask the Lord’s forgiveness,
we will never experience the liberty He has abundantly provided for us by His saving
grace. The Bible declares “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us
our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9).
It is encouraging to
note what Isaiah prophesied regarding how Jesus painstakingly took upon Himself all our
affliction (Isaiah 53:3-8; Matthew 8:17; 1 Peter 2:21-25). In our failure to live
righteously, and repenting of our sin behaviour, the sacrifice paid on the cross, His blood
which was shed for the washing away of our sin, and believing in what He did for us will
make us acceptable to the Father in redeeming us back to God. This is the only means
upon which we can be saved.
In man’s unregenerate state there is no good work one can do to appease or obtain favor
with God or of which we think can make us righteously acceptable before Him. The
Bible says, “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as
filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken
us away.” (Isaiah 64:6).
To reject what the Bible says about the salvation God has brought through Jesus Christ
His Son, brings God’s wrath upon us.

Another false claim Roman Catholicism teaches is that God is angry when we fail in His
expectation of us, and that Mary is there to appease Christ’s anger by her intercession for
us. This is scripturally unfounded and in no way biblically supported. Consider this
scripture:
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if
any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the
righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours
only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2:1, 2)6
That Roman Catholicism teaches Mary advocates before Jesus Christ for the forgiveness[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2013
4everGod:

[b]Defending your church? I thought you said you had knowledge! The Church belongs to Jesus as He is the Head of the Church and it does not belong to an institution or anyone. Your Church indeed! He who knows not and knows that he knows not, teach him, he will learn. It is obvious that you lot are beyond being taught even when it is obvious that your Popes always demanded worship towards Mary you hide under the word honour and they confuse you. Do you realise that God is never an author of confusion? Why is your precious catholic institution so full of confusion and conflicting views from what the bible boldly declares. Let me help you with an answer, Is it not because men have mixed their own traditions with the pure undiluted word of God?

The day I got born again I stood before my earthly father and preached Jesus to him and told him that if he dies today hell would be his portion and I was very bold in doing so you know why, because the message is greater than the messenger. Today my father is a born again child of God. Jesus is all in all and everything consists in Him and through Him. Mary a woman who with her own mouth called Jesus her savior and her Lord in Luke 1: 46-47. Yet Catholics speak up and say that Mary is now at par with Christ the Savior of the world. They are being deceived by the very catholic institution they so adore and dont even know it.[/b]
I was hoping you present a tangible arguement or evidence for your assertions.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]Is there an addition to the tri-unity of God?

[b]Christ Jesus along with the Father and the Holy Spirit, are the Godhead, the all Holy One.
The RCC claim that Mary is also the All Holy One, entitling her advocate, helper, and
mediatrix. Only Jesus Christ is worthy of such titles. To even remotely consider Mary
worthy of such titles, and place divine roles upon her is blasphemous. The official
teaching of Rome adds insult to blasphemy in attempting to call Mary, the mother of
Jesus, the All Holy One.
The Vatican claims,
“By asking Mary to pray for us, we acknowledge ourselves to be poor sinners
and we address ourselves to the ‘Mother of Mercy,’ the All Holy One.” (9)
“From the (Roman Catholic) Church he (the Catholic) learns the example of
holiness and recognizes its model and source in the all-holy Virgin Mary...”
(10)8
The Bible makes clear that there are three that bear record in heaven, and not four, that is
if Mary is to be included:
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the word, and
the Holy Spirit: and these three are one. (1 John 5:7) (KJV)
[/b]
[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 10:02am On Jul 24, 2013
Richieboyn: [color=#990000][/color]

MY FELLOW CATHOLICS, UNA GET TIME OOOOO. ISN'T IT CLEAR THAT THIS PROTESTANTS ARE JUST OUT FOR RIDICULE AND THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN LEARNING ALL WHAT WE'RE SAYING? MY OPINION IS THAT YOU SHOULD LEAVE THEM AONE! NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU BATHE A PIG-IT WILL ALWAYS REMAIN A PIG! NO MATTER ALL WE SAY HERE, DE WILL ALWAYS DECIDE TO CONTINUE BEING MUMUS. SO LETZ STICK TO OUR FAITH AND LEAVE THIS MUMUZ WHO KEEP SAYING WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW. THEIR MUMURITY IS BEYOND HUMAN HELP, BUT I BELIEVE GOD WILL INTERVENE IN THEIR LIVES. AMEN.
it better we leave them alone like you said and let stick to our faith.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 10:19am On Jul 24, 2013
Chukskalidon:
Am obliged to say nothing but the whole truth about the activities of the Holy Church instituted by Jesus Christ through St. Peter, the first Supreme Pontiff avoiding doctrinal bickerings and the pride it brings but at the same time proclaiming and evangelizing with the Holy doctrines of the Church. So, I would rather pray to antagonists of the Church to please evangelize basically with their own doctrine (thats if they have one) and avoid antagonism. And beside what can I do to thank Our lord Jesus Christ for the numerous helps rendered to me and my fellow brethrens through the Rosary and intercessions of the Saints and His precious Mother on this Porta Fidei. Thank u
I really thank God for He is faithful and just to all.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 10:39am On Jul 24, 2013
4everGod:

I never said the church is ours or we are the founder, I use the word “our“ cos we are both catholics, the catholic church is a universal church own by nobody but Jesus Christ. You feel your church is the best, if I come over to your church I will point out a lot of wrong things you guys are doing their, I notice something in you “you misinterpret a lot whatever you read, without taking your time to understand before relying“ please work on it. Thanks
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 24, 2013
talk2chichi: I never said the church is ours or we are the founder, I use the word “our“ cos we are both catholics, the catholic church is a universal church own by nobody but Jesus Christ. You feel your church is the best, if I come over to your church I will point out a lot of wrong things you guys are doing their, I notice something in you “you misinterpret a lot whatever you read, without taking your time to understand before relying“ please work on it. Thanks

If you pray to Mary, or anyone in Heaven, not only will God ignore you entirely, but you are sinning against God. 1st Timothy 2:5, “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” We are to pray in Jesus' name for everything we need and desire, because Jesus is the God-man. As men we pray to the man Christ Jesus; and as God Jesus speaks to God the Father on our behalf. The only way to God the Father is through His Son, Jesus Christ. God does not listen to those who come to Him through Mary, nor Peter, nor saint Anthony, nor any other saint. You MUST come through the precious name of Jesus (John 14:6). Mary is NOTHING! Peter is NOTHING!

Jesus is everything! Amen.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 24, 2013
talk2chichi: I never said the church is ours or we are the founder, I use the word “our“ cos we are both catholics, the catholic church is a universal church own by nobody but Jesus Christ. You feel your church is the best, if I come over to your church I will point out a lot of wrong things you guys are doing their, I notice something in you “you misinterpret a lot whatever you read, without taking your time to understand before relying“ please work on it. Thanks

The Catholic Mary is NOTHING. It is a sin to recognize, pay tribute to, honor, sing about, worship or elevate Jesus' mother as being anything more than a vile, guilty, filthy, dirty, rotten, SINNER! Mary died an earthly death (Romans 6:23), and today is in Heaven, as a sinner saved by God's wondrous grace. Mary is not honored in Heaven above anyone else. Jesus plainly stated in Matthew 11:11 that the greatest human ever born amongst women was John the Baptist (not Mary). Jesus also said he that is LEAST in the kingdom of Heaven is greater than John the Baptist. So Mary is no better than anyone else, neither on earth nor in Heaven. Mary is not to be praised in any special way, for to do so is idolatry.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 24, 2013

You'd better forsake all forms of self-righteousness, and trust solely upon the redeeming Savior. Jesus came to pay a sin debt He did not owe; because we owed a massive debt of sin we could not pay. The price has been paid in full by Jesus' precious blood (1st Peter 1:18-19). But you must receive this gift through faith in Christ. All one must do to be saved is cease from trusting in their self-righteous works; and instead BELIEVE on Jesus, the Christ, the Son of God, for forgiveness of sins. Salvation is simple and easy, as simple as walking through a door, if that Door is Jesus. John 10:9, “I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” It's that simple. If you'll come as a guilty sinner in need of forgiveness, and believe on the Lord Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God, you will be saved (Romans 10:13). It's not what you're doing that gets you to Heaven, it's where you're looking. Look to Jesus!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 24, 2013

[b]Oh, listen my friend, you'd better forsake the evil w/hore of Catholicism and instead seek the truth. Jesus said in John 4:23 that God the Father seeks for people who will worship Him in spirit and truth; not in religious ceremony and falsehood. Catholicism is religion, religion and more religion; but true Christianity is of spirit and truth. Catholics don't care about the truth; they blindly believe whatever their priests tell them. The final authority of the Catholic Church is the Vatican; whereas the Final Authority of the true Church is the Word of God. Damn the Catholic Church!

I mean no unkindness. I love all people, Catholics included. However, I do hate Satanic deceptions and lies that blind men to the truth of God's Word. You cannot worship God in Sacraments (a word not even found in the Bible). God wants to be worshipped in spirit from our heart. John 17:17 tells us that God's Word is truth, which sanctifies us. 1st Peter 1:23 tells us that we are born-again by the Seed of God's holy Word. Yet, Catholics are brainwashed by their Catechisms, manmade traditions and doctrines of devils. I speak only the truth. Religion is a road to Hell and destruction (Matthew 7:21-23).[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]"Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols" -Psalm 97:7

The Vatican II Council and the New Catholic Catechism reaffirmed that Mary is the sinless Mother of God, that she ascended bodily to Glory (i.e., the Assumption of Mary) and was crowned as the Queen of Heaven, that she can hear and answer prayer. Of course, no such teachings are found ANYWHERE in the Bible. Mary is NOT the queen of heaven, she did NOT ascend bodily, and Mary certainly is NOT sinless! The mother of Jesus was a sinner!

Where in the world did anyone ever get the twisted idea that Mary was sinless? No such teaching is taught in the Word of God. The Bible is clear in Romans 3:23 ... "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." That includes Mary! The ONLY sinless being who ever walked this earth was the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (2nd Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15).

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God..." -Exodus 20:4,5[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]Again, there is NOTHING taught in the Bible about praying a Rosary, counting beads, etc. In fact, Jesus condemned vain repetitions, "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking" (Matthew 6:7). So why do Catholics disobey God? The Catholic Rosary is largely a prayer to Mary. The Rosary is blasphemy! Though Catholics like to point out that they are not praying to Mary, the 2nd of the ten commandments clearly prohibits and warns us NOT to BOW DOWN to any graven image. God in the 2nd commandment even goes as far as to warn us against bowing down to the likeness of anything in HEAVEN OR EARTH.

Mary worship is a sin! Pope John Paul II is a great Mary lover. In his book Crossing the Threshold of Hope, the Pope testifies that his personal devotion to Mary was developed at Marian sites such as Jasna Gora (home of the Black Madonna) in his homeland of Poland. The Pope has "Totus Tuus" (All Yours) embroidered on his papal garments, designating his "abandonment to Mary"

After the Pope was shot during an assassination attempt in May 1981, he attributed his subsequent recovery to Mary, and it was at shrines such as Jasna Gora and Fatima that he has expressed his thankfulness to the "Queen of Heaven." He prays to Mary daily. This is an abomination unto the Lord.

"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." -Isaiah 42:8[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats..." (1st Timothy 4:1-3). It's not difficult at all to EXPOSE the demonic Catholic faith if a person is simply willing to believe the Bible over Catholic tradition--but that's the BIG PROBLEM ... Jesus said in Matthew 15:9, "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." The Bible teaches that Peter had a wife (Matthew 8:14). Yet, Catholic priests are wrongfully denied the God-given privilege to marry. The results have been tragic.

It's almost impossible to convince a Catholic that all of their priests, archbishops, cardinals, and even the Popes are heretics. I can tell you with great certain my friend--they are all LIARS! How can I be so bold as to say such a thing? It's simply because I have in my hand the eternal, inspired, inerrant, infallible, preserved, Words of God. Most Catholics DON'T genuinely believe the Bible. Rather, they have sold their souls to a bunch of religious charlatans (priests) who commit blasphemy by claiming to have the power to forgive your sins.

Even the self-righteous hypocritical Pharisees knew better than to be so arrogant as to claim the power to forgive someone's sin ... "And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying ... Who can forgive sins, but God alone?" Woe unto the Catholic Church, for it is a prisonhouse of religion. Romans 10:3,4 proclaims, "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 24, 2013
They have begun reporting me now and banning my ID. The truth must be told!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]It is so strange how the Word of God condemns the Catholic religion in plain Words; yet, Catholics BLINDLY follow the Pope and priests. It says in Matthew 23:9, in black and white, even in the Catholic Douay Bible, not to call any man "Father." Yet, that is exactly what Catholics call their priests, cardinals, and Bishops.

The Bible plainly states in 1st Timothy 4:1-3 that false teachers would come to us, teaching doctrine of devils: forbidding to marry, and forbidding to eat meat. The celibacy requirement for all priests is a devilish doctrine. The Catholic forbiddance of meat, or certain meats, on certain days, are doctrines of devils. God plainly tells us to enjoy the meat He has given us to eat, as long as we are thankful for it (1st Timothy 4:4).

Mark 7:6-13 plainly teaches that we are never to follow the traditions of men. Yet, the Catholic religion is one big conglomerate of traditions fabricated over the centuries. It wasn't until the year 1950 that Pope Pious XII decided to make the Assumption of Mary an official Catholic doctrine, a doctrine not found anywhere in the Bible.

Exodus 20:4,5 couldn't be any clearer that even BOWING down to a statue is idolatry. Yet, Catholics foolishly claim that they are not worshipping the statues they are bowing down to. BUT, God forbids us from even bowing to statues. In fact, the Bible is so clear on this matter that the Vatican has even REMOVED the second of the Ten Commandments to deceive you. No wonder 1st Timothy 4:2 states, "Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron." Everything that the Catholic Church has taught you is twisted, corrupted, and damnable!!!

And their conscience's are calloused, harder than steel. In the old days, a wounded soldier would sterilize and seal his would by placing a red-hot sword over the affected area. Ouch! As you can imagine, placing a red-hot sword over any area of your body is going to kill all sensation to that area for a very long time. The Bible teaches that false prophets have their hearts seared, as with a hot iron. In other words, the same sun that melt the wax, hardens the clay. The Bible directs us to "Refuse profane and old wives' fables..." Every Catholic needs to REFUSE to believe the lies of Catholicism any longer, and turn instead to the precious Word of God.[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]The Roman Catholic church is a cesspool.

There is NOTHING in the Bible about praying to statues. There is NOTHING in the Bible about not eating meat on Fridays. There is NOTHING in the Bible about worshipping the dead. There is NOTHING in the Bible about digesting Jesus' flesh and blood. The Catholic religion can't make up it's mind and keeps changing it's dogma (doctrine). In fact, here's a long list of Catholicism's manmade heresies and when they were fabricated. Catholics just keep making it up as they go.

Catholicism is a lie of the devil, a prison-house of religion. If I didn't sincerely care about people, then I wouldn't take the time to WARN you. The Catholic religion is all a bunch of Satanic lies based upon traditions and ridiculous manipulations of the Word of God. I plead with you as a friend, obey the Bible by turning to the Lord Jesus Christ in faith and forsaking the lies of the Catholic church. Their teachings will take you to hell with them if you're foolish enough to follow them. Don't do it. Salvation is NOT found in a religion, but in a Person--the Lord Jesus Christ! You need Christianity friend, NOT churchianity.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (Reply)

Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / Rape: Victoria Nkong 'Bishop Akinola Micheal Fowowe Attempted To Rape Me'

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.