Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64920 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Kaycee7(m): 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
naijadeyhia: All the catholic apologists have scampered for cover because they have been exposed.
We've been answering the same questions and stressing the same points from page 1 of this thread. We are not here to argue wit any1 but to defend our faith. Our work here is done.
P.S: For 24+ hours, you're the only person still posting on this thread. Ciao.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 12:40am On Jul 27, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Is Christ not the head of the church? Would christ give differents rules to different churches? If Christ is giving rules to the church would he do so outside His very word? Just answer my question,

who is a priest and who are those whom the bible regards as priests in the New Testament?

In the old testament only priests are allowed into the holy of holies of the temple but in the new Testament where is the Holy of holies located?

Who is a priest?
A priest is a person autorized to perform the sacred rituals of a religion, especially as a mediatory agent between human and one or more multiple deities. They also have the authority or power to administer religious rites, in particular rites of sacrifice to, and propitiation of of, a deity or deities. Their office or position is the priesthood, a term which also may apply to such persons colletively.

Who are those whom the bible regards as priests in the New Testament?
All christians are priests, according to the New Testament: their offerings are spiritual offerings of praise to God's Name. All christians are priests of God.

In the new Testament where is the Holy of holies located?
Behind the second veil was a sacred tent called the Holy of Holies.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 12:50am On Jul 27, 2013
Kaycee7: We've been answering the same questions and stressing the same points from page 1 of this thread. We are not here to argue wit any1 but to defend our faith. Our work here is done.
P.S: For 24+ hours, you're the only person still posting on this thread. Ciao.
it better we leave them and carryon with our faith because they will keep arguing, may God help them. Amen
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 12:54am On Jul 27, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Like I said, I am leading you somewhere. My first question was not meant to be my last but the second question is my last. I want to help you link scripture to scripture so you can see the truth.
you can't lead me anywhere, I will be the one to help you so that you can see the truth.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 1:21am On Jul 27, 2013
naijadeyhia: its now 24hrs and my catholic apologist (talk2chichi) still cannot answer a simple question i asked her. Keep running o
you are funny, so you think I can't answer your questions, what I don't have is much time to start typing it because am using my phone and I can't do that in the office, it may not be immediately, but I will surely answer the question. It not today I have been meeting people like you now, I made them know that catholic do everthing to glorify God and not man, you are just saying whatever that comes out from your mouth cos I could not answer immediately, if I have your time you will be the one to run, I am a catholic and will remain a catholic, so if you like try to say evil against the church, you are decieving yourself, you can say that to those that don't know their faith.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 1:38am On Jul 27, 2013
naijadeyhia:

The rules guiding Christianity are just 2.

1. love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind;

2. And love thy neighbour as thyself.

Confirming this are the scriptures below:

John 8:41-43

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

John 14:15

[size=15pt]15 If ye love me, keep my commandments[/size].'

What are the commandments of Jesus? His Words are His commandments but does the catholic Church keep those commandments or have they formulated their own which is non existent in the words of Christ.
what I notice about you is you misunderstand a lot, you hardly understand simple statement one wrote, instead you will interpret it to your favour.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 27, 2013
talk2chichi:

Who is a priest?
A priest is a person autorized to perform the sacred rituals of a religion, especially as a mediatory agent between human and one or more multiple deities. They also have the authority or power to administer religious rites, in particular rites of sacrifice to, and propitiation of of, a deity or deities. Their office or position is the priesthood, a term which also may apply to such persons colletively.

Who are those whom the bible regards as priests in the New Testament?
All christians are priests, according to the New Testament: their offerings are spiritual offerings of praise to God's Name. All christians are priests of God.

In the new Testament where is the Holy of holies located?
Behind the second veil was a sacred tent called the Holy of Holies.

[b]According to you in the new testament all Christians are Priests right? Does this not mean that all Christians are not allowed to get married? So if all Christians are priests then all Christians are authorized to perform the sacred rituals of a religion, especially as a mediatory agent between human and one or more multiple deities (In this case God). They also have the authority or power to administer religious rites, in particular rites of sacrifice to, and propitiation of of, a deity or deities. Their office or position is the priesthood, a term which also may apply to such persons colletively. (This is your definition) So Chichi are you a priest?

Also in the new testament the Holy of holies is no longer in a tent, it is in you because your body is now the temple of the Holy Spirit and this is what qualifies you to be called a priest of God because only a priest is allowed in the holy of holies which is now inside of you.

The holy of holies isnt a thing it is the person of the Holy spirit who is the spirit of Christ and this spirit now dwells in every believer the moment they accept Christ as their Lord and Savior. Do you have the holy spirit Chichi? Simply because you are not aware where the holy of holies now resides thats why you gave me an old testament location of the holy of holies when i asked you for the new testament location. If you want scripture references ask me and i will provide them for you to read.[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by JOYCEOUS(f): 7:46am On Jul 27, 2013
Truth is, u all r FANATICS!!!.

Notin else.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by REO86: 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
talk2chichi: I say a very big AMEN, GLORY TO JESUS AND HONOUR TO MARY.

Did the Church give birth to the Bible or the Bible gave birth to the Church
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by eameh30: 4:02am On Aug 17, 2013
Acidosis:

grin relax dear... you are my sister. Atleast we use the same bible, and all I'm saying aint my own "words" but God's....
Guy! I think U have a problem. Leave d guy alone. For Ur information;we also tell d saint to pray to Jesus on our behalf because they are holy and the bible said: the prayer of a sinner is an abomination onto God. Guy! Follow your way let's meet there. We can't accept yours do you understand?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Swit5: 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
Jn14:13-14 Jesus said "I will do whatever u ask in my name,so dat d Father may be glorified in d son. If in my name u ask me for anything,i will do it".

Mary is d beast of Rev 13 &17.
Rev14"Those who worshiped d beast & its image & receive a mark on their foreheads or on their hands,they will also drink d wine of GOD's wrath"

Roman cath call mary Bright morning star.

Rev22:16".It is I JESUS... d Bright morning star"

ANGELUS= time-6=1 ,2,3,4,5,6=6
12=7,8,9,10,11,12=6
6=1,2,3,4,5,6=6
= 666.
The satanic sign of Egyptian pyramid with an eye is found in Roman cath church.

Children of GOD read d word & be enlightened..
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Kaycee7(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
Swit5: Jn14:13-14 Jesus said "I will do whatever u ask in my name,so dat d Father may be glorified in d son. If in my name u ask me for anything,i will do it".

Mary is d beast of Rev 13 &17.
Rev14"Those who worshiped d beast & its image & receive a mark on their foreheads or on their hands,they will also drink d wine of GOD's wrath"

Roman cath call mary Bright morning star.

Rev22:16".It is I JESUS... d Bright morning star"

ANGELUS= time-6=1 ,2,3,4,5,6=6
12=7,8,9,10,11,12=6
6=1,2,3,4,5,6=6
= 666.
The satanic sign of Egyptian pyramid with an eye is found in Roman cath church.

Children of GOD read d word & be enlightened..
Let me get this straight. The Messiah was brought into this world by the beast? Are you sure you're sane?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
Kaycee7: Let me get this straight. The Messiah was brought into this world by the beast? Are you sure you're sane?
hehehe
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Kaycee7(m): 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ubenedictus: hehehe
My brother, I tire ooo.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by SalC: 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
Kaycee7: Let me get this straight. The Messiah was brought into this world by the beast? Are you sure you're sane?
Lol don't mind him. In a bid to discredit our blessed mother some of them will end up insulting Jesus directly or indirectly without knowing it.
Too bad!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 8:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sal C: Lol don't mind him. In a bid to discredit our blessed mother some of them will end up insulting Jesus directly or indirectly without knowing it.
Too bad!

may God forgive them for they do not know what they are doing.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by unongu(m): 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
frosbel: nothing , no one bows to Mary, to do so is to commit a grave sin against GOD.

I wonder why non-Catholics totally misconstrue the idea of veneration to the Blessed Virgin Mary. There are even misconceptions that Catholics worship Mary. Catholics honour the Blessed Virgin Mary, not worship her. The Bible’s account of Mary’s humility and obedience to the message of God as delivered by Angel Gabriel, have made her an exemplar for all ages of Christians. Catholics are just as aware that Mary was a human creature and therefore, not entitled to the honours which are reserved to God alone. In Catholic theology, there are three types of worship:
Latria: This is adoration which is given to God alone. Mary is not adored because God forbids it and, the Canon Law of the Catholic Church which is based on Divine Law, forbids it.
Hyperdulia: This is reverence, a special type of honour given to Mary the mother of Jesus Christ. Catholics feel that Mary is entitled to a great measure of exaltation because, in choosing her as the mother of Redemption, God Himself exalted her.
Dulia: This is a form of reverence, a special type of worship given to the Saints and Angels.
Catholics heap tributes and honour to the Blessed Virgin Mary because they earnestly desire to be followers of God, as most dear children. Why call Mary Blessed? Mary herself professed in the Gospel of Saint Luke 1:48-49 that, “For behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because He that is mighty hath done great things to me; and Holy is His name”. Mary the mother of Jesus Christ is referred to by name more than twenty times in the Bible , thus, the honour and recanting her name while saying the Rosary:
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
And blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by enochdestiny(m): 10:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ishilove:
Honoured to the point of asking her to pray for us?
i wonder ooo satanic siege is in catho....lic church God have mercy on u
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Syncan(m): 6:33am On Aug 12, 2014
enochdestiny: i wonder ooo satenic siege is in catho....lic church

In your ignorance, even the spelling of satan has eluded you.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Project400: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2016
shocked shocked shocked
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Auki: 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2016
Both nothing happen. Shaitan, the outcast, has deceived U concerning ur religion. God created everything with out partners,son,wife other partners created by you and ur forefathers. Show me what Jesus or merry (peace be on them) created when they were around or now.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by clevop11: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2016
Popowaa:
Pls i will appreciate it a lot if any catholic can enlighten us on this.

The truth is that she is d fastest link to Jesus. Faster than your direct prayers. Jesus can't say no to her request. (check d wedding at cannan).
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2016
SalC:
Lol don't mind him. In a bid to discredit our blessed mother some of them will end up insulting Jesus directly or indirectly without knowing it.
Too bad!
you are dishonoring Jesus
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2016
[quote author=unongu post=19621748]
I wonder why non-Catholics totally misconstrue the idea of veneration to the Blessed Virgin Mary. There are even misconceptions that Catholics worship Mary.
did angel Gabriel tell you to venerate Mary
Catholics honour the Blessed Virgin Mary, not worship her
did God tell you to honor Mary
The Bible’s account of Mary’s humility and obedience to the message of God as delivered by Angel Gabriel, have made her an exemplar for all ages of Christians
if Mary was alive today she would be ashamed of catholics
Catholics are just as aware that Mary was a human creature and therefore, not entitled to the honours which are reserved to God alone. In Catholic theology, there are three types of worship:
you hell guilty of transferring the glory of God to a mere creature like Mary
Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Latria: This is adoration which is given to God alone. Mary is not adored because God forbids it and, the Canon Law of the Catholic Church which is based on Divine Law, forbids it.
the law will judge you
Hyperdulia: This is reverence, a special type of honour given to Mary the mother of Jesus Christ. Catholics feel that Mary is entitled to a great measure of exaltation because, in choosing her as the mother of Redemption, God Himself exalted her.
so you guys has a special reverence you give to Mary alone in other words Mary shares your devotion.
Was it God that chooses Mary or Mary choose God?
If God choose Mary then Mary has nothing to boast of.
Dulia: This is a form of reverence, a special type of worship given to the Saints and Angels.
Catholics heap tributes and honour to the Blessed Virgin Mary because they earnestly desire to be followers of God, as most dear children. Why call Mary Blessed? Mary herself professed in the Gospel of Saint Luke 1:48-49 that, “For behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because He that is mighty hath done great things to me; and Holy is His name”. Mary the mother of Jesus Christ is referred to by name more than twenty times in the Bible , thus, the honour and recanting her name while saying the Rosary:
wow @ bold you worship Mary and angels.
[i]
[s]Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
And blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen[/s]
. Keep on worshipping queen of heaven
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
clevop11:

[s]
The truth is that she is d fastest link to Jesus. Faster than your direct prayers. Jesus can't say no to her request. (check d wedding at cannan).[/s]

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Jesus is the fastest and d only means.
Jesus does not need Mary but Mary need Jesus
Jesus created Mary.
Mary is dead but Jesus is alive.
Mary is totally unqualified to handle your prayers only Jesus is worthy
Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by analice107: 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
I actually understand both extremes - one of making something of Mary and one of making nothing of her. I think that either is a snare.

When a person serves the Lord well, they deserve honor. They are worthy examples of how we ought to be with the Lord. Mary is a grand example of true submission to the Lord. She is also a good example of the meaning of sacrifice. But it dishonors her to make her something that she is not nor has ever been.

In any case, for my Roman brothers and sisters, I get the thought that the family in heaven and on earth is one family and it means the same to you to ask a saint whp has been called home to pray for you as it means to ask one yet on earth to pray for you. But there is a significant difference. The saints above have been freed from their labors (including watching for their brethren), they are resting and waiting for us. Until we are all together, they must rest and wait for their glorious bodies. It is our part today to work, pray, preacb, in short, labor and run the race set before us. If anyone ought to pray, it is us. If there is anyone for whom we must pray, it is us. If there is anyone of whom we may ask prayer, it is one another on this side of the divide. Let us not trouble our brethren whose labors are over, they have earned a right to rest.

Of course, none of this means that they're uninvolved in the War of the Cross. They very much are. Their labors yet produce. Every book they've written, prayers they've said, letters they've authored, everything in which they obeyed will continue to grow in power and bless their brethren yet wearing the earthly tent. Every bit of their labors is a living power available to believers on this side of the divide to fight a good fight with. But they themselves have nothing more to give until we are all together with the Lord. Then our new labors will begin together and carry on through eternity.
Hallwlujah. I so love this.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by analice107: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
Wow. Catholics. It's well Ooo. Hmmmm
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Alexandro15: 11:18pm On Aug 10, 2016
solite3:

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Jesus is the fastest and d only means.
Jesus does not need Mary but Mary need Jesus
Jesus created Mary.
Mary is dead but Jesus is alive.
Mary is totally unqualified to handle your prayers only Jesus is worthy
Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Mary is the fastest way to Jesus
Jesus is God
So, Mary is the fastest way to God.
Simple logic
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Alexandro15: 11:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=48316313][/quote]

If an angel can honour her by saying " hail, full of grace!" then who am I not to honour her. Am I holier than Angel Gabriel? Note also that "full of grace" was said as a title not greeting.

You also asked if God told you to honour Mary. I wonder if to honour someone is a sin. Didn't God tell you to honour your parents? What more his.

God chose Mary and Mary chose God. God sent her a message and she accepted by saying she was God's handmaid. So she made a choice. God respects our will.

How does the hail Mary prayer equate to worshipping Mary. That's an absurdity. Asking your pastor to pray for you does it mean you are worshipping him? Read the prayer again with a liberal mind:

"hail Mary full of grace the lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, Amen".
Please point out the wrong thing about this prayer.

Worship is a thing of the mind. If I am Worshipping Mary, I'd know. I honour her as the mother of God and because God himself honored her.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 11, 2016
Alexandro15:

Mary is the fastest way to Jesus
Jesus is God
So, Mary is the fastest way to God.
Simple logic
I laugh at your statement, you don't need any way to Jesus rather Jesus is the way.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Have you forgotten Jesus is both man and God so you don't need mary rather you need Jesus to restore you broken relationship with God.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Alexandro15: 8:42am On Aug 11, 2016
solite3:
I laugh at your statement, you don't need any way to Jesus rather Jesus is the way.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Have you forgotten Jesus is both man and God so you don't need mary rather you need Jesus to restore you broken relationship with God.

How does your quotation in anyway relate to what I said. I said Mary is the fastest way to Jesus. The quotation said "no one comes to the FATHER." Mary intercedes for us to the SON. There is only one mediator between God and man and that is Jesus. But there are many mediators between Jesus and Man. The priests and pastors are one of them.
You say my relationship with God broken. Far from it. I have a close relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. .However,you have to check on yourself. You are attacking Christ body, the church.

I don't know why you people are so uncomfortable with us saying that we pray to Mary that she may pray for us to her son Jesus. When infact, you ask your pastors, most of whom are sinners and do not really know God, to pray for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply)

Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media" / Daniel Obinim Flogs Teenagers For Sex Act (Video) / Bisola Johnson: T.B. Joshua Addresses Rape Accusation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.