Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,747 members, 7,813,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Why SKYFALL Sucked!! - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why SKYFALL Sucked!! (17249 Views)

Swing And A Miss(ThrowBack Edition): Skyfall / Perspective On Skyfall Needed / Skyfall Review - Jump In Wit Ur Opinions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by Brisingr(m): 1:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
1 year after the movie una still dey find why skyfall sucked o kare
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by leverage(m): 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
mr.magoo:
@forreelinc it is not weakness I'm not just going to argue with you anymore, what really irritates me is the way you all immaturely nitpick on plotholes and not give the movie a chance, for me the plot of the movie doesn't contribute shiit to my liking the movie / not there are other more relevant things like how the movie was shot I.e camera angles, cinematography, texturing etc. What about the acting? That was out of this world, the action scenes? Is something you would watch over and over again its the perfect mix of thrill and fun skyfall remains a classic anyday anytime and non of your pointless and irrelevant ranting would change that.

grin bobo oti frustrate

yoji: Am wit u on that. No movie will survive the intense level of nit picking they subject skyfall to. It's just selective nitpicking to prove a poin that's all. Skyfall was classic with a refreshing retro feel. As good as gravity was, profs wanted to attack it on d grounds of scientific details nobody cared about but they were reminded it was a movie not a documentary. So no b today.

This one your own na just to dey yan enter bush what does gravity have to do with skyfall now?is gravity fake? Does gravity have plot holes the size of a house? Is gravity severely unrealistic and boring? Stop it skyfall sucks and you know it.
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by 33117(f): 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
yoji:
Am wit u on that. No movie will survive the intense level of nit picking they subject skyfall to. It's just selective nitpicking to prove a poin that's all. Skyfall was classic with a refreshing retro feel. As good as gravity was, profs wanted to attack it on d grounds of scientific details nobody cared about but they were reminded it was a movie not a documentary. So no b today.

grin hmmm! Mr. I belong. You just want us to know sha that you have seen gravity, let me guess you like gravity becos the critics and fans welcomed it right? "Refreshing Retro feel" for skyfall. You are no more using the 1bn dollar excuse, I like your style man you don't give up hehehe
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by yoji: 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2013
33117:

grin hmmm! Mr. I belong. You just want us to know sha that you have seen gravity, let me guess you like gravity becos the critics and fans welcomed it right? "Refreshing Retro feel" for skyfall. You are no more using the 1bn dollar excuse, I like your style man you don't give up hehehe
So in my gravity analysis, what u could pick up from there was that i had seen it? what's d big deal about seeing it? Aren't dvds 250bucks anymore? I liked it cos of d space feel #datzall . I'l check up on d fans and critics later. Am surprised u didn't criticise d suit Daniel Craig wore as well.
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by 33117(f): 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
shocked. You call that an analysis ROTFL. Yoji three things
1. Skyfall sucks: it is a meaningless movie with a 5 year olds imagination and cheap gimmicks which are cringe worthy, feel free to argue otherwise
2. You are an "I belong fan": you jump unto the fan wagon of any movie which has high ratings and box office turnover while giving the sketchy reasons for liking them
It is becoming more obvious than usual
3. Gravity: your "ANALYSIS" on gravity made no sense and wasn't related with "why skyfall sucked" in any way they are scientists right? We are just bond fans tackling the worst bond movie on the planet there's is a FINE line between both of us
There you have it now go do what you do best which is to either leave this thread or post another one of your weak tweets

yoji:
Am surprised u didn't criticise d suit Daniel Craig wore as well.

undecided oh would you look at that? You just did

6 Likes

Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by brothers(m): 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
mr.magoo:
. What about the acting? That was out of this world.

Acting chops? OMG you are mentioning acting chops in skyfall? Let's put that to rest shall we?
First there was daniel craig whose character we couldn't even establish, he played the aging MI6 agent quite lazily and inconsistently that at the end of the movie we don't know who bond actually is in this movie, what emotional problem is facing and quite frankly we don't even know if he conquered his problems supposing there were any

Then there was naomi harris who was more focused on looking sexy that she didn't realise she was actually laffing and breaking character(that's right I noticed) some scenes are totally ruined by her mere appearance . always holding back laffter. So much that her voice kept shaking during conversations

Berenice malorhe I initially thought she was a meth addict when she kept shaking during her conversation with bond only to hear later that she was trembling at the mere mention of her boss she is one of the worst bond girls I have ever seen

Speaking of bosses, javier bardem remember him? The guy with zero human emotion more focused on his fake-ASSS theatrics and monologue-ing that it was like he was acting a broadway play and just. Like daniel craig his character interpretation was also poor and every single scene he appeared in always cause you to laff your head and its not becos he is a comic but rather becos he is just a laffable villain played by an actor who cudnt tell between scary and comic relief

Ben whishaw played the IT guy who says his lines like he is reading it out of a book seriously just look at his face and you would see no facial gestures even when silva hacked them I thot "wow Q is so brave he isn't even scared" but then he kept doing it on and on and finally when he did it in the scene where mallory walks in on their plan I concluded that yes Q isn't brave he is just played by a terrible actor

Judi dench, I would have loved to see more fire from one of my favourite characters but she just looked bored in this one and seemed to have misplaced her colorful display of QOS acting chops somewhere in her apartment or something she just sleezed around and when it was time for her to die, at a point I thot she was taking a break to rest, it was when bond covered her eyes that I knew "oh M just kicked the bucket" the worst part was when she saw silva., she should have at least stuttered a bit or ask everyone to leave her alone with him but perhaps she might not be to blame it might be the director.

Ralph fiennes was totally unnoticeable and probably had like maximum 20 words to say in this movie so I cudnt really categorize his acting chopps

So my friend don't mention acting chops, the only acting chops worth mentioning is an actor who is not identified as the actor that got the role but rather as the role itself

1 Like

Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by mrmagoo(m): 9:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
Hmmmn so skyfall has a poor script, poor acting and poor action scenes, its budget isn't special cos apparently it is not a record breaker, it got high ratings that doesn't matter also becos the critics saw the older rather campy unrealistic bond attributes in it,creativity is an area I can't even visit cos you will all launch at me with the different popular franchises that skyfall adapted cinematography is ruined by its over dependence on CGI. One question is skyfall really that bad I mean there has to be something you like about that movie right? Something that I. Am permitted to like about the movie to me skyfall can be described in one word... CLASSIC
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by leverage(m): 10:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
@mr.magoo good question well my answer is no skyfall has nothing gOod about it in one word I will describe skyfall, "FLAWED"

1 Like

Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by kobosmart(m): 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
33117:

shocked. You call that an analysis ROTFL. Yoji three things
1. Skyfall sucks: it is a meaningless movie with a 5 year olds imagination and cheap gimmicks which are cringe worthy, feel free to argue otherwise
2. You are an "I belong fan": you jump unto the fan wagon of any movie which has high ratings and box office turnover while giving the sketchy reasons for liking them
It is becoming more obvious than usual
3. Gravity: your "ANALYSIS" on gravity made no sense and wasn't related with "why skyfall sucked" in any way they are scientists right? We are just bond fans tackling the worst bond movie on the planet there's is a FINE line between both of us
There you have it now go do what you do best which is to either leave this thread or post another one of your weak tweets

Wow I think someone has locked up again
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by 33117(f): 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
kobosmart:

Wow I think someone has locked up again

Yea loox like some1 did but don't worry he will get back later
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by mrmagoo(m): 2:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
@33117 no babes I'm still here with my opinion scratch that I mean with the fact that skyfall is a classic and the best bond movie they have ever produced feel free to come at me with any arguments I'm here for you grin
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by forreelinc(m): 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
@mr.magoo typical of a skyfall fan no reason no fact just a "skyfall is a classic" post and we are supposed to believe you my guy state ur reason scratch that I mean state the facts that support this theory
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by mrmagoo(m): 10:56pm On Nov 03, 2013
forreelinc: @mr.magoo typical of a skyfall fan no reason no fact just a "skyfall is a classic" post and we are supposed to believe you my guy state ur reason scratch that I mean state the facts that support this theory

You wanna talk facts? How about the fact that this movie made a billion dollars at the box office, or that this movie is rated 93% on rotten tomatoes the most respected website for honest movie reviews, that's fact for you broda
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by forreelinc(m): 11:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
mr.magoo:

You wanna talk facts? How about the fact that this movie made a billion dollars at the box office, or that this movie is rated 93% on rotten tomatoes the most respected website for honest movie reviews, that's fact for you broda

@mr.magoo how about the fact that the same rotten tomatoes makes the same mistakes with their rating giving no country for old men 92%. Or giving the white velvet or the thief of baghdad 100% it didn't deserve how about the fact that skyfall didn't win shiit at the oscars what about the fact that movie critics like roger ebert did a 180 and said that the movie portrays the dumbest MI6 in espionage history how about the fact that skyfall has been long forgotten by now I bet we are the only ones talking about it, its so called high rating and gross earnings have been topped by gravity and iron man 3 accordingly these movies aren't even that great just to show you it isn't a big deal, how about the fact that #skyfallhaters are increasing by the second on twitter and social blogs some people even make money out of foking with this movie. See my guy give me facts which will dazzle me to the extent that I will overlook/forget skyfall's numerous plot holes,poor writing, lazy adaptations and beyond stellar performance please state the facts.
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by mrmagoo(m): 12:25am On Nov 04, 2013
@forreelinc okay so how about the fact that skyfall being the most popular pictures of 2012 and the highest grossing movie of 2012 of course by this time with the couple of movies out there of course skyfall wouldn't be as popular focus on the release date :p
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by forreelinc(m): 12:48am On Nov 04, 2013
@mr.magoo guess what? Skyfall isn't even among the top 10 popular movies in 2012 that's right even tho they had the most expensive marketing campaign and promo, and it wasn't the highest grossing either do your research. And still we aren't convinced about the classic status you are dubbing on skyfall grin its really pathetic
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by 33117(f): 12:52am On Nov 04, 2013
forreelinc: @mr.magoo guess what? Skyfall isn't even among the top 10 popular movies in 2012 that's right even tho they had the most expensive marketing campaign and promo, and it wasn't the highest grossing either do your research. And still we aren't convinced about the classic status you are dubbing on skyfall grin its really pathetic

Mtchew! @ magoo please cud u move your "I belong" infected assss to the nearest skyfall I belong fan club and stop posting crap about this awful movie am sure someone's saved you a seat
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by mrmagoo(m): 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
forreelinc: @mr.magoo guess what? Skyfall isn't even among the top 10 popular movies in 2012 that's right even tho they had the most expensive marketing campaign and promo, and it wasn't the highest grossing either do your research. And still we aren't convinced about the classic status you are dubbing on skyfall grin its really pathetic

@forreelinc LWKMD so skyfall isn't among the top ten best movies of 2012? Oya humor me sir tell me what movies are actually on this list I know u hate the movie but guy what's with the lies which movie was now the highest grossing movie of 2012? lol
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by forreelinc(m): 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
mr.magoo:

@forreelinc LWKMD so skyfall isn't among the top ten best movies of 2012? Oya humor me sir tell me what movies are actually on this list I know u hate the movie but guy what's with the lies which movie was now the highest grossing movie of 2012? lol

grin guy why u like to dey disgrace ursef you no go ask question first you go just jump inside nairaland begin dey argue blindly well if its embarrassment you are looking for
According to IMDB:
1. Dark knight rises
2.Django unchained
3.The hunt
4.Avengers
5.Life of pi
6.The hobbit
7.The perks of being a wallflower
8.Gangs of wusseypur
9.Barfi
10.Kahaani
11.Silver linings playbook
12.Argo
Long story shot skyfall is actually no. 19 on this list
Then according to rotten tomatoes
1.The invisible war
2. 56 up
3. The waiting room
4.More than honey
5.Planet of snail
6.Wild bill
7.Jiro dreams of sushi
8.Beware of mr baker
9.The island president
10.The loved ones
Well let's just say the"critically acclaimed" skyfall is no. 54 on the list then speaking of turnover skyfall is only the fourth highest after avengers, the dark knight rises and hunger games so yea I feel it is only fair to say that your skyfall isn't a classic
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by 33117(f): 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
forreelinc:
I feel it is only fair to say that your skyfall isn't a classic

You know what makes this movie the worst hollywood has ever produced? It is so meaningless,what kind of movie were they trying to make? Was it a movie showing a human bond if it was then where is his vulnerability or emotions? Was it supposed to be a thriller? If it was then why was it so predictable where was the element of surprise before silva takes a shot u already know he is taking a shot. Who even. Won at the end? The good guys? The bad guys?the list isn't recovered,M dies then silva also dies and M gets her time to shine in court so who won? The only reason this movie was even featured in hollywood was just becos it is a bond movie
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by kobosmart(m): 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
33117:

You know what makes this movie the worst hollywood has ever produced? It is so meaningless,what kind of movie were they trying to make? Was it a movie showing a human bond if it was then where is his vulnerability or emotions? Was it supposed to be a thriller? If it was then why was it so predictable where was the element of surprise before silva takes a shot u already know he is taking a shot. Who even. Won at the end? The good guys? The bad guys?the list isn't recovered,M dies then silva also dies and M gets her time to shine in court so who won? The only reason this movie was even featured in hollywood was just becos it is a bond movie

Exactly! babe you are heaven sent. That is the question what is the essence of this movie what is the message what were they planning to do with it this doesn't even qualify as a stunt movie cos the action scenes were God-awful. No message, no content, no perspective, no clarity just a moving pictures and you're calling it a classic? Well sha you be nigerian, I don't expect you to know the meaning of the word classic cos english no be our official language
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by mrmagoo(m): 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
@33117 what is with all the name calling "low IQ fan", "weak posts",now "I belong"? Why don't you just fuuk-off u're one of the most jobless persons I've ever seen and your posts are very ridiculous and irrelevant @kobosmart its a puzzle how imbeciles like you are allowed to own smartphones it is a movie just like every motion picture, a coming of age story featuring an under-dog a villain and a rise to glory with a few stains if you don't understand that then perhaps you are better off watching tom and jerry or power rangers. retards
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by kobosmart(m): 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
mr.magoo:
it is a movie just like every motion picture

grin no be classic again na movie now abi? Na wa for una skyfall fans o una no fit even defend movie wey u claim to like guy we need a debate and if aint gonna give us any then shhh! And allow us to jonze with this movie
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by 33117(f): 1:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
@kobosmart you must excuse my friend he can't get directions to his "skyfall I belong" fan club and its a bit frustrating, @magoo why don't you simply ask there seem to be quite a few of y'all here.
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by 33117(f): 1:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
@kobosmart you must excuse my friend he can't get directions to his "skyfall I belong" fan club and its a bit frustrating, @magoo why don't you simply ask for directions there seem to be quite a few of y'all here.
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
mr.magoo:
it is a movie just like every motion picture, a coming of age story featuring an under-dog a villain and a rise to glory with a few stains

Hehehe maaaaaan! Don't tell me nonsense #skyfallsucks

grin
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by brothers(m): 9:02am On Nov 09, 2013
lanreajirobaju:

Hehehe maaaaaan! Don't tell me nonsense #skyfallsucks

grin

Coming of age story with a rise to glory and a few stains? What are you talking about ? If it was a coming of age story, the villains master plan wouldn't have been a shoot out with back up of another shoot out,the hard drive was even stolen by a hired gun which just made the so called "modern day villain" into another regular bond villain besides cyber terrorism is a myth So there's no new concept in the movie and if it was a rise to glory why did bond fail all his missions? why did M die? This movie was trying so hard to be remembered that it put its nickles in a twist. The story otherwise looked like hey, a woman shouldn't be in charge cos her emotions get the best of her resulting in killing valuable agents and reckless assignment delegation which went around and ended up biting her in the arse resulting in her death. I was even surprised when bond got re-instated becos hey the guy didn't pass his return tests or his missions. So what the fuuckk are you talking about.
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by mrmagoo(m): 9:29am On Nov 09, 2013
brothers:

Coming of age story with a rise to glory and a few stains? What are you talking about ? If it was a coming of age story, the villains master plan wouldn't have been a shoot out with back up of another shoot out,the hard drive was even stolen by a hired gun which just made the so called "modern day villain" into another regular bond villain besides cyber terrorism is a myth So there's no new concept in the movie and if it was a rise to glory why did bond fail all his missions? why did M die? This movie was trying so hard to be remembered that it put its nickles in a twist. The story otherwise looked like hey, a woman shouldn't be in charge cos her emotions get the best of her resulting in killing valuable agents and reckless assignment delegation which went around and ended up biting her in the arse resulting in her death. I was even surprised when bond got re-instated becos hey the guy didn't pass his return tests or his missions. So what the fuuckk are you talking about.

Is that why legendary critic roger ebert called skyfall " the re-invention of 007 with riveting action,thrills and emotional depth"? Oya argue na abi them brainwash the guy? smiley
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by brothers(m): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
mr.magoo:

Is that why legendary critic roger ebert called skyfall " the re-invention of 007 with riveting action,thrills and emotional depth"? Oya argue na abi them brainwash the guy? smiley
What does that have to do with anything roger ebert likes a terrible film that's good for him, but that doesn't make it a good movie. Thank you
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by friendlyadvice: 9:41am On Nov 10, 2013
@magoo roger ebert? the same. Roger ebert that hated despicable me 2 and the same roger ebert who called QOS the worst bond film ever becos there was no bullet proof office door in M's office and there was no moneypenny and Q plus it had no useless bond gals? The same roger ebert that hated taken 1 and gave hurt locker a high rating? My! I neva knew he was legendary.
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by forreelinc(m): 11:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
@friendlyadvice I think he is calling roger ebert "legendary" simply becos he has been reviewing movies for a decade now, ogbeni that's a veteran reviewer not a legendary reviewer chuck it up to the nigerian education system and cheating during SSCEs english language happens to be nigeria's no.1 problem
Re: Why SKYFALL Sucked!! by 33117(f): 11:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
mr.magoo:

It is so pathetic that I am of the same nationality as an I belong fan, so because roger ebert said all that, automatically skyfall is a classic? Roger ebert is just a human being subjected to bias and preferential treatment like everyone else even if it means ignoring the QOS path that skyfall took of gloom, doom and gritty seriousness which he claimed to have hated in his QOS review.

undecided yea! You must really feel ridiculous right now following the review of a senile old man(RIP)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How To Activate And Reset Dstv Decoder After Subscription/payment In Nigeria / Favourite Movie Quotes / Domak Shelter Rewards Big Dreams Talent Show Housemates With Land, Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.