Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? (15439 Views)

. / Why Is It Hard For Most Young People To Save Money?? / Why Young People Should Invest In Shares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by Peterwins(m): 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
manie:

Who are your stock brokers? I will advice you to sack them and move over to mine. I use stock brokers that controls 60% of the trade on the exchange.

I stand to be corrected 3 million units of NB be shares can be bought within maximum of 10 trading days in 2007. Do not forget that the stocks that were never available in 2006 to 2008 were the banking and insurance stocks.

A lot of gullible investors sold their blue chip stocks like NB, Guinness, Unilever, PZ, Total< Flour Mill to invest in Private Placements between 2006 and 2008. That was why these stocks had attractive PE ratios because they were on offer.

Who are your stock brokers? I will advice you to sack them and move over to mine. I use stock brokers that controls 60% of the trade on the exchange.

Please name your brokers that controls 60% of trade on the exchange and I will tell you how they (infact every investor) also lost not less than 60% of their investments in mid/late 2008 and 2009. The NSE lost about N7 trillion then. From an average market capitalisation of over N12 trillion to an average market capitalisation of about N5.5 trillion.

I stand to be corrected 3 million units of NB be shares can be bought within maximum of 10 trading days in 2007.

I wish this was a statement of fact rather than fiction in 2007. Perhaps by institutional investors such as mutual fund managers.

Do not forget that the stocks that were never available in 2006 to 2008 were the banking and insurance stocks.

Another half truth. The banking stocks where readily available (banking consolidation era), while the insurance stocks (penny stocks like Guinea Insurance, Mutual Benefit Insurance, etc ) where not.

A lot of gullible investors sold their blue chip stocks like NB, Guinness, Unilever, PZ, Total< Flour Mill to invest in Private Placements between 2006 and 2008. That was why these stocks had attractive PE ratios because they were on offer.

Gullible investors? Really!!! I rather not use the word gullible but misinformed (ill advised) investors who where misled by their biased "professional" advisers who claimed to know the "market" more than the "market woman".

Talk is cheap but right (proper) information is power.
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by manie(m): 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
Peterwins:

Please name your brokers that controls 60% of trade on the exchange and I will tell you how they (infact every investor) also lost not less than 60% of their investments in mid/late 2008 and 2009. The NSE lost about N7 trillion then. From an average market capitalisation of over N12 trillion to an average market capitalisation of about N5.5 trillion.

I stand to be corrected 3 million units of NB be shares can be bought within maximum of 10 trading days in 2007.

I wish this was a statement of fact rather than fiction in 2007. Perhaps by institutional investors such as mutual fund managers.

Do not forget that the stocks that were never available in 2006 to 2008 were the banking and insurance stocks.

Another half truth. The banking stocks where readily available (banking consolidation era), while the insurance stocks (penny stocks like Guinea Insurance, Mutual Benefit Insurance, etc ) where not.

Gullible investors? Really!!! I rather not use the word gullible but misinformed (ill advised) investors who where misled by their biased "professional" advisers who claimed to know the "market" more than the "market woman".

Talk is cheap but right (proper) information is power.

10 stock broking firms control 60% of transaction on the exchange and 2 of my stock brokers are consistently on this list.

If you use a big stock broking firm 3 million units of NB is not a big deal to be sold in 10 trading days. I am very sure you know about cross deals. You also know that blue chip stocks were not popular in 2007. Investment was not based on fundamentals but on sentiments in 2007. Stocks like NB, Guinness, UAC, Unilever were old school stocks. Do you know that the market was doing far mo0re than the current transaction in 2007, than what we are experiencing.

I was a margin trader between 2004 and 2008 doing a monthly turnover of over 40 million on the exchange in 2007. How can a stock broking firm that have more than 200 people doing higher transaction find it difficult to buy 3 million units of NB. And don't forget that I was trading and still trading with 4 stock broking firms.

Expand your horizon and you will see possibilities.
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by manie(m): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2013
These are the top 10 brokers accounting for 61% of transaction in 2nd week of February 2013.

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=7721&catid=15
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by Peterwins(m): 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
manie:

Why do you think this is a rare feat in 2007? Can you compare the daily transaction on the exchange with what we have now? Don't forget that was the era of margin trading? I was an active margin trader doing a monthly trading turnover of over 40 million Naira in 2007.

Yes. A very rare feat (for an individual investor) on stocks like Nestle, PZ Cussons, Cadbury(on technical suspension at a time), Unilever, etc in 2007.

The acquisition (purchase) of 3 million shares of these stocks by an individual investor on the floor of the exchange in less than "ten (10) working/trading days in 2007" is rather misleading but possible with bank stocks.

At a point in time (over a long period) the quantity (inclusive of the no. of deals) of bank stocks traded where over 70% of the overall quantities traded on the NSE.

I have no qualms with your claims (prowess) but I seek a more balanced (truly professional) approach to certain issues or discussions especially because of naive investors.
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by manie(m): 2:10pm On Mar 27, 2013
Peterwins:

Yes. A very rare feat (for an individual investor) on stocks like Nestle, PZ Cussons, Cadbury(on technical suspension at a time), Unilever, etc in 2007.

The acquisition (purchase) of 3 million shares of these stocks by an individual investor on the floor of the exchange in less than "ten (10) working/trading days in 2007" is rather misleading but possible with bank stocks.

At a point in time (over a long period) the quantity (inclusive of the no. of deals) of bank stocks traded where over 70% of the overall quantities traded on the NSE.

I have no qualms with your claims (prowess) but I seek a more balanced (truly professional) approach to certain issues or discussions especially because of naive investors.

Because those were the happening stocks, even though they were over valued. I was presumed to be a crazy investor in 2007 and 2008, when I started selling some of my bank stocks to increase my holdings in the old reliable stocks like NB, Guiness, PZ.

Now the reverse is the case, I have sold my NB and all my NESTLE, to increase my holdings in 2 bank stocks which I will not name. I see NB, PZ, Nestle and Unilever to be currently over priced.
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by Tolo2: 4:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
K_ONE: Is it advisable to invest #500,000 in this FGN bond/t bills? Or make i just buy keke napep(tri cycle) put for road make them dey deliver daily?? Pls, I need advice o!

Buy the keke Napep only if you want to turn the N500,000 into change.

Please buy the FGN bonds or Treasury bills.

Low interest of course but lesser risk and you get your money back in full.
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by nell07(m): 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
manie:

Investment lesson number 1, do not over pay for any investment. Be it real estate, stock or business.
There are houses selling for 60 million Naira in lagos, that can bearly generate a rental income of N2 million.

That 1 million dollars would have bought 3 million units of Nigerian Breweries in 2007. The investment would have given a dividend of over 30 million Naira over the last 4 years. And the 3 million units of Nigerian Breweries shares will be worth almost 500 million Naira on March 25th 2013.

Please sir,
is there any way to contact you? Email maybe . I'm a corps member who desperately needs to pick brains like yours... This is mine : macdestiny@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by Chekitaut: 9:32am On Mar 28, 2013
Haulage is really helping, is lucrative if carried out in a proper way.
For more info call: access my signature below
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by AE3(f): 6:30am On Mar 29, 2013
mikolo80: GUY,PLANT PLANTAIN PALM OR COCOA TREES
Mikolo, can you shed more light on this please?
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
Hahah, nice thread.
I know the op will be more confused by now.
No 1 thing is to save.
No 2 is to invest ur savings. Balance ur investment- TB, shares and property. Also make sure u hv liquid cash at every point in time in ur savings acnt.
You can start up wit shares- small units for 10k,20k etc can be bought. Tb requires some money. Sum banks and investment houses take min of 1M to buy tb for u. Also real estate needs capital. I don't think there is any locatn u can get property less than 300, 350k. Don't buy land in a village- they are difficult to sell. Instead, when u come to a city, try and see the direction the city is developing towards. Locate land along dt side within ur financial ability and buy. Make sure u r buying frm d right source cos a lot of ppl are duped. If u r buying frm a family, make sure u hv d consent of all d members. Try and secure any land u buy wit atleaset face me I face u kind of building, or atleast, a bq. Also check the govt plan for dt location and make sure there is no plan of a govt project passing thru d land- like railway,major road, high tension transmission or oil pipeline. If u r buying frm an estate, see d place u r buying and make sure its ok. Do sumtin on the land immediately, if u don't, they will sell it and give u another place. Also, make sure u get legal docs for ur property. If u can get c of O, please do, very important.
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by FXKing2012(m): 4:09pm On Mar 29, 2013
@OP and others, I'll give you an advice and I'm sure you'll thank me for it in some years to come.

Whatever the investment vehicle you choose, make sure it is one than can be easily turned into cash or one that is located in your state or region. So if you are going for land try to make sure it is located in the SE if you are Igbo, in the SW if you are Yoruba, etc etc. This is because investment is long term thus the need to think long-term when making investment decisions if you dont want to stand the chance of losing your investments in the not too distant future.

Now, why do I hold this position? It's because Nigeria may not exist as one entity after 2015. The best case scenario is that the gradual disintegtation of Nigeria will start in 2015, this has already been predicted by the sponsors - the U.S - and we are already seeing the writing on the wall.
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by pdf90(m): 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
fuckluv: Good advice all through. I would recommend land purchase and also invest in transport buses and get it insured.
I happen to have tried transportation business in Lagos and if no be God person fit get high b.p .
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by dbucas: 6:37am On Nov 21, 2013
For me FOREX TRADING is d best wen u get d knowledge from a proffesional trader. Cal me on 08036812455 if u want 2u learn.l
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by boluwajokosegun: 8:07am On Nov 21, 2013
THE GREEN OIL WELL- Jatropha (Biofuel Biz)
This is new in Nigeria but not new in other countries , u can make a lot of money every year for 40 to 50 years with one time investment by being a biofuel farmer. We at eesteeresources have Jatroha plantation, as i speak we set up farm for investors & buy back the seeds after 6 months of planting the 2 months old seedlings , we sell hybrid seedling @ N40 per stand,As a member of our farmers club, we write feasibility study on agric biz, send news letter, we help to rent private/ govt land@ less than N2,500 per acre we have 300 acres of arable land in the west for lease & some for sale to interested investors who are member of our farmer’s club-registration fee is N3,500 . Presently MTN uses biofuel to run their base stations all over the country, In this business there is no waste because both oil & shaft is marketable besides there are people who plant & use the biofuel to run their generator in Oyo state more so we have foreigners waiting to buy the cake. Jatropha plant seeds for up to 50 years & seed is ready for harvest when the plant is 8 months old , Jatropha seed cake can be mixed with energy sources such as maize to compound livestock feeds, and it is relatively cheap. The juice from the leaves can be used in the treatment and prevention of many ailments. The stem can be cut and used as a chewing stick to cure bleeding gums, smelling mouth and so on. Toothpaste can be produced from it. Presently in Nigeria ceiling board is produced from Jatropha, better than asbestos, they are environmentally friendly, very cheap and affordable
“Charcoal for bleaching palm oil for the production of oil used in the making of soaps and insecticides has been produced from Jatropha. The oil is not yet used for human consumption, but it can be used in the production of pesticides.
“Jatropha is a solution provider to the problem of climate change. One plant of Jatropha absorbs about 20 kilograms of carbon dioxide per year.If you want to know more buy our comprehensive jatropha proposal- 25k
1. As I speak the house has done the first reading of a bill to include Jatropha biofuel into our petrol (10-20)%. interested persons should please call Gbenga on 08182355047 or 08136650972 (9am to11pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 11pm- Sunday) for more details- We are also into plantain, pineapple, palm tree, rubber ,moringa ,maize, cassava, vegetable ,melon ,watermelon ,cabbage plantation farm , you can also buy all kinds of seedlings from us. We also have quail, glasscutter, rabbit ,snail, ostrich ,Flightless-guinea fowl , imported turkey
2. Nigeria has no business importing food at all. We have everything; God has blessed this country. We have land, cheap labour, we have great sunshine and we have population to eat what we produce. Nigeria should not be importing food; Nigeria should be self-sufficient and should be a net exporting country for food

3. We also build incubators that use Jatrophat as fuel , infact we convert room to incubator. If you are a serious investor please call Gbenga on 08182355047 or 08136650972 (9am to 11pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 11pm- Sunday)– Eesteeresources-agriculture-based entrepreneur.
agric4wealth8020..com, eesteeresources@gmail.com
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by toaspromo(m): 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
How about investing in your health and future
this will guarantee you a lifetime prospertiy opportunity to travel around the world
own your desired house and your dream ride with just 2800 naira in less than a year

call me 08098780059 and i wil;l show you how
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by mikolo80: 3:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
AE3:

sorry for long reply
but its kinda self explanatory innit/
and besides na theory i sabi(i'm still working on the practicals)
Re: How Should Young People Invest Their Extra Cash? by mikolo80: 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
AE3:

sorry for long reply
but its kinda self explanatory innit/
and besides na theory i sabi(i'm still working on the practicals)
but lots of threads with said details
or you could just visit your neighborhood university agric dept and get a consultant
or partner with local farmers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / 100 Million Naira To Invest / Bitcoin Is In Trouble Ether Is Coming For Number 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.