Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Questions For Frosbel On Tithing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing (12101 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
[quote]Against:

But there are some questions still remain on why tithing may be justifiable. And they include
1. Abraham payed tithe to a type of Christ in Genesis 14 and Hebrew 7 lent a word to it. And if Abraham is the father of faith, whose faith we are called to imitate, Romans 4, is this not a veritable reason to tithe?

4 things to note about Abraham's tithing :

1. It was not on his personal wealth or income
2. It was paid once
3. It was a tithe of war booty.
4. Abraham was before the LAW, there was no Law to tithe.

2. Somewhere in Proverbs the bible teaches that we should honor the Lord with our substance and give him the firstfruit of our increase. Is this another reason to tithe?

Jesus Christ has fulfilled this requirement.

Jesus Christ is our firstfruits .

"But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming," - 1 Corinthians 15:23

1 Corinthians 15:20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

We are simply to give as the Holy Spirit leads us .
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
In one of your discuss on tithe you analyzed Hebrew 7, as a reason not to tithe. Can you please shed some light on this in the light of my present question.

Goshen addressed this in great detail, I suggest he helps us and re-posts here for further reading.

thanks,

1 Like

Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
@op
i may so say you did run well, WHO HINDERED you that you should not obey the truth? This persuasion is not from God, a little leaven leavens the whole lump. i can bet on how true these words always are, watch.
1. Tithing is not legalistic, whatever that means. But i obviously don't see it in colossians2. But the antitithers agree on your point, so long as it helps their cause. If one quotes the same colossians to justify tithing, they'd cry blue murder and Scripture twists. Jo's principles readily come to mind.
2. As shallow as concluding that the OT prophets like Jeremiah, Ezekiel and co never observed the Passover as there is no Bible record, or Daniel was not circumcised, or none of the disciples had a wife or mother-in-law except Peter.
3. Neither is there Scripture evidence that the Sabbath was on Sunday.
4. i cannot speak for your meaning of the word 'recently' and your denomination discrimination.
5. What is wrong with prosperity? Do you want/pray for a prosperous life or a life of suffering and want?
6. Almost all of the Bible is primarily to a jewish audience, what does it matter? In the real new testament, there is no Jew or Greek, circumcision and uncircumcised mean nothing. In the twisted new testament, its all about holier than them, sects and denominationalism bigotry.
7. Read Matthew 23:23 until you see light. These things ought to be done.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 3:03am On Mar 30, 2013
Lol

1 Like

Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by petres007(m): 9:46am On Mar 30, 2013
Image123: @op

Of course they should. As well as the others Jesus mentioned in that same chapter/discourse:

Finally, to insist that Jesus’ statement in verse 23 was directed at the Church means that everything else he said there would apply to the Church as well. Here’s what I mean:

Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, saying: “The Church sits in Moses’ seat.
– verses 1-2

The Church says but does not do – verse 3

The Church binds heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. “But all the Church’s works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. “They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, – verse 4-6

“But woe to you, O Church, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

“Woe to you, O Church, hypocrites! For you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.

“Woe to you, O Church, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
- verses 13-16 (NKJV).

I believe you get the point.

See: http://www.acts1711daily.com/2012/10/02/israel-the-church-the-tithing-ordinance-part-iv-common-arguments-in-favour-of-tithing/

and http://www.acts1711daily.com/2012/10/02/israel-the-church-the-tithing-ordinance-part-i-the-purpose-of-the-tithe/

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 30, 2013
[quote author=Image123]@op
i may so say you did run well, WHO HINDERED you that you should not obey the truth? This persuasion is not from God, a little leaven leavens the whole lump. i can bet on how true these words always are, watch.

And what is this leaven, was it money or tithes as your kind would want to make us believe ?

Paul goes on to list some of these little leavens :

"The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God." - Galatians 5:19-20

1. Tithing is not legalistic, whatever that means. But i obviously don't see it in colossians2. But the antitithers agree on your point, so long as it helps their cause. If one quotes the same colossians to justify tithing, they'd cry blue murder and Scripture twists. Jo's principles readily come to mind

We do not have a cause as we have no money to benefit from, our cause if to free the sheep of God from Judaizers and charlatans who try to bring them back under the law and curse, when they are actually under grace and free will giving by the leading of the Holy Spirit.

2. As shallow as concluding that the OT prophets like Jeremiah, Ezekiel and co never observed the Passover as there is no Bible record, or Daniel was not circumcised, or none of the disciples had a wife or mother-in-law except Peter.
3. Neither is there Scripture evidence that the Sabbath was on Sunday.
4. i cannot speak for your meaning of the word 'recently' and your denomination discrimination.
5. What is wrong with prosperity? Do you want/pray for a prosperous life or a life of suffering and want?
6. Almost all of the Bible is primarily to a jewish audience, what does it matter? In the real new testament, there is no Jew or Greek, circumcision and uncircumcised mean nothing. In the twisted new testament, its all about holier than them, sects and denominationalism bigotry.

The rest of your post is , sorry to say, incoherently illogical.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by petres007(m): 9:59am On Mar 30, 2013
Image123:

Holding on to a single verse while ignoring its context and to whom the passage was addressed is one of the hallmarks false teachers. These things ought to be done indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 10:50am On Mar 30, 2013
Thank U Frosbel for that explanation.
I was reading Goshen's thread but it was diverted so much that it was difficult to follow his discuss, especially reading from a Nokia phone. Goshen pls I request you put the whole discuss in one piece and paste it on this thread. Thank you all for helping me.
Image 123, at the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses a matter is confirmed. I would take you seriously if you can find another instance in the NT where Jesus alluded to tithing directly or indirectly
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by petres007(m): 11:01am On Mar 30, 2013
DrummaBoy: Thank U Frosbel for that explanation.
I was reading Goshen's thread but it was diverted so much that it was difficult to follow his discuss, especially reading from a Nokia phone. Goshen pls I request you put the whole discuss in one piece and paste it on this thread. Thank you all for helping me.
Image 123, at the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses a matter is confirmed. I would take you seriously if you can find another instance in the NT where Jesus alluded to tithing directly or indirectly

I'm not sure he'll find one to oblige you with.

But you do need to pay attention to the context of that passage to better understand Jesus' allusion to tithing there.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 11:16am On Mar 30, 2013
DrummaBoy: .
You would take me seriously? As in, seriously? i don't need you to take me seriously, it matters not. i'm yet to see one passage, one witness speak against tithes in all of Scripture, old and new. You're ready to go against tithes without one single witness, but you need three witnesses for believing. I'll say like Abraham, neither would you believe even if you were presented 3 witnesses.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 11:23am On Mar 30, 2013
petres_007:

Holding on to a single verse while ignoring its context and to whom the passage was addressed is one of the hallmarks false teachers. These things ought to be done indeed.
refusing to learn from previous discussion is a characteristic of itching ears. BT W, i was not making seven points, but answering parallel to the OP's initial post where he gave a cursory and partial interpretation of Matthew 23:23.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by DrummaBoy(m): 11:44am On Mar 30, 2013
[quote
author=Image123]
You would take me seriously? As in, seriously? i don't need you to take
me seriously, it matters not. i'm yet to see one passage, one witness
speak against tithes in all of Scripture, old and new. You're ready to
go against tithes without one single witness, but you need three
witnesses for believing. I'll say like Abraham, neither would you
believe even if you were presented 3 witnesses. [/quote]

[quote
author=Image123]
You would take me seriously? As in, seriously? i don't need you to take
me seriously, it matters not. i'm yet to see one passage, one witness
speak against tithes in all of Scripture, old and new. You're ready to
go against tithes without one single witness, but you need three
witnesses for believing. I'll say like Abraham, neither would you
believe even if you were presented 3 witnesses. [/quote]

Yes, image, give more instances than Matt 23:23. Rule no 1 in biblical exegesis is that a matter becomes doctrine when it can be found in more than one place in scripture. Jesus said 'without leaving other undone' but he didn't mention tithe. Now assuming he alluded to tithe in that scripture where else did he talk about it?
How do we base a practice on just one Scripture? Even the Hebrew 7 was not arguing for tithe. Hope u get my point?
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 11:58am On Mar 30, 2013
^ we don't need to assume. Behold, it was plainly mentioned in the verse and encouraged. Give me one Scripture where the doctrine of don't give tithes is stated both clearly or unclearly.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by petres007(m): 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
Image123: ^ we don't need to assume. Behold, it was plainly mentioned in the verse and encouraged. Give me one Scripture where the doctrine of don't give tithes is stated both clearly or unclearly.

Maybe we should take it one at a time, good sir.

how is it that you so valiantly fight to defend Christian tithing but would have nothing to do with the other hundreds of OT ordinances? How does tithing remain valid for the Christian but the other laws do not?
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
and who said the above? you.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
and who said the above? you. And you've skipped the part where you get to give us one Scripture.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Yes, image, give more instances than Matt 23:23. Rule no 1 in biblical exegesis is that a matter becomes doctrine when it can be found in more than one place in scripture. Jesus said 'without leaving other undone' but he didn't mention tithe. Now assuming he alluded to tithe in that scripture where else did he talk about it?
How do we base a practice on just one Scripture? Even the Hebrew 7 was not arguing for tithe. Hope u get my point?

Brother, do not be fearful of MEN, throw away their lies and stamp on their deceptions, they can do nothing.

The Tithe is a LIE and anyone who preaches it , is preaching a LIE.

The Judaizers ignore all the laws that have no $$ attached , and pick out the only one that satisfies their greed.

In order not to be confused by deceivers, please read some very good articles from this web site http://banpreachergreed.tripod.com/
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 2:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
I have asked the tithe teachers this question but NEVER got an answer. It is mostly the law (of Moses) keepers that mixes Grace with the law of Moses but what does the scripture says? Cast out the bondwoman and her child.

When you expose the tithe teachers, they will run to Abraham's tithe and claim it was BEFORE the law BUT when the teach & practice tithe, they CANNOT BUT QUOTE Malachi to threaten folks which the Malachi text is according to the law.

Here is my question I have always asked again, hope ANY TITHE TEACHER WILL ANSWER US. The question is, Abraham lived and GAVE tithe when the law of Moses was not officially formal, WHERE AND WHEN IN SCRIPTURES DOES ABRAHAM TITHE BECAME A LAW FOR CHRISTIANS?

Tithe teachers, give us an answer please. Thank you.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by christemmbassey(m): 2:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
Goshen360: I have asked the tithe teachers this question but NEVER got an answer. It is mostly the law (of Moses) keepers that mixes Grace with the law of Moses but what does the scripture says? Cast out the bondwoman and her child.

When you expose the tithe teachers, they will run to Abraham's tithe and claim it was BEFORE the law BUT when the teach & practice tithe, they CANNOT BUT QUOTE Malachi to threaten folks which the Malachi text is according to the law.

Here is my question I have always asked again, hope ANY TITHE TEACHER WILL ANSWER US. The question is, Abraham lived and GAVE tithe when the law of Moses was not officially formal, WHERE AND WHEN IN SCRIPTURES DOES ABRAHAM TITHE BECAME A LAW FOR CHRISTIANS?

Tithe teachers, give us an answer please. Thank you.
let me answer for them, ' we pay tithe because our 'father of faith', Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek, a type of Christ'. BUT UNFORTUNATELY FOR THEM, ABRAHAM IS NOT OUR FATHER.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
grin grin grin @ Christemmbassey, is that a FINAL answer or you want to ask the audience or call any of your tithe friends - Bidam, Image123, Ola, Joagbaje etc? grin grin grin
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
Goshen360: grin grin grin @ Christemmbassey, is that a FINAL answer or you want to ask the audience or call any of your tithe friends - Bidam, Image123, Ola, Joagbaje etc? grin grin grin
Are you inviting me into an argument that has been over flogged in this forum? Since the op is convinced that tithing is not biblical why should i obliged you? I have enough bible sense not to engage in such frivolities and to avoid foolish and unlearned arguments, which do gender strife, and the servant of the Lord must not strive.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2013
Bidam: Are you inviting me into an argument that has been over flogged in this forum? Since the op is convinced that tithing is not biblical why should i obliged you? I have enough bible sense not to engage in such frivolities and to avoid foolish and unlearned arguments, which do gender strife, and the servant of the Lord must not strive.

Yes, I want you answer the question when and where in scriptures did Abraham tithe BECAME a LAW to Christ's followers.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
Goshen360:

Yes, I want you answer the question when and where in scriptures did Abraham tithe BECAME a LAW to Christ's followers.
Tithing is a scriptural principle that works just like prayer,faith,praise,worship.It is not legalistic, it all depends on the light(revelation,illumination,insight) a believer is able to receive from God's word..when a believer says he has been tithing for 15yrs and now realizes tithing is not scriptural i get sad..that means all he has been doing for the past 15 years is LEGALISTIC. A believer need to train himself to get illumination from God's word..it is like healing, without getting insight when reading "by his stripes i am healed" you might give up if you discover the pain is still there.We don't give up on God when things don't go our way that is the spiritual growth God desires for His children.Without passing a test of faith in your finances..how can God give you the nations? Luke 16:11 says, “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.“
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by christemmbassey(m): 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2013
Goshen360: grin grin grin @ Christemmbassey, is that a FINAL answer or you want to ask the audience or call any of your tithe friends - Bidam, Image123, Ola, Joagbaje etc? grin grin grin
i will like to call a friend, em em em.... My big bros Joa
Ola
123 and em well i no trust prophet bidam o. Quiz master pls guide us-is Abraham the father of the jews or christians or both?
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
Bidam: Tithing is a scriptural principle that works just like prayer,faith,praise,worship.It is not legalistic, it all depends on the light(revelation,illumination,insight) a believer is able to receive from God's word..when a believer says he has been tithing for 15yrs and now realizes tithing is not scriptural i get sad..that means all he has been doing for the past 15 years is LEGALISTIC. A believer need to train himself to get illumination from God's word..it is like healing, without getting insight when reading "by his stripes i am healed" you might give up if you discover the pain is still there.We don't give up on God when things don't go our way that is the spiritual growth God desires for His children.Without passing a test of faith in your finances..how can God give you the nations? Luke 16:11 says, “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.“

grin grin grin Bidam, is that the answers to where and when in scriptures Abraham's tithe BECAME A LAW for Christians to obey. Or you dont understand it means for something to BECOME A LAW FOR EVERYONE?

2. I used to pay tithe too in the past but it doesn't make me MORE blessed than those who don't pay. In truth, I am MORE blessed and rich when I began to practice the Grace based giving of the New testament.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
Goshen360:

grin grin grin Bidam, is that the answers to where and when in scriptures Abraham's tithe BECAME A LAW for Christians to obey. Or you dont understand it means for something to BECOME A LAW FOR EVERYONE?

2. I used to pay tithe too in the past but it doesn't make me MORE blessed than those who don't pay. In truth, I am MORE blessed and rich when I began to practice the Grace based giving of the New testament.
you see where your problem lies..you were doing it as if it was a burden NOT JOYFULLY AND CHEERFULLY.YOU NEVER REALLY DID HAVE INSIGHT ON THAT PART OF SCRIPTURE DID YOU?
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by petres007(m): 6:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
Bidam: Tithing is a scriptural principle [/color]

Kindly define what you mean here by "principle".
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
Bidam: you see where your problem lies..you were doing it as if it was a burden NOT JOYFULLY AND CHEERFULLY.YOU NEVER REALLY DID HAVE INSIGHT ON THAT PART OF SCRIPTURE DID YOU?

Lolz grin grin grin I know you CANNOT answer that question. grin On the contrary, it was when I caught the true revelations of Grace based giving of the New testament that I became MORE blessed.

Can you kindly step aside for the rest of the tithe teachers mentioned to come give us answers to my question. Thank you.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 6:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
petres_007:

We ALL know that is the LIES they always resort to when scrutinized. The bible calls it a "CAMMANDMENT", they call it "PRINCIPLE". grin
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2013
petres_007:

A Spiritual truth that governs your Christian conduct or behavior.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
Goshen360:

Lolz grin grin grin I know you CANNOT answer that question. grin On the contrary, it was when I caught the true revelations of Grace based giving of the New testament that I became MORE blessed.

Can you kindly step aside for the rest of the tithe teachers mentioned to come give us answers to my question. Thank you.
the question actually looks like an atheist question "Does God exist?
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 6:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
Bidam: the question actually looks like an atheist question "Does God exist?

grin grin grin YOU know I believe God do exist. Bidam, you can't answer the question, do us a favor, kindly STEP ASIDE, I need Image123 to STEP FORWARD NOW TO ANSWER THE QUESTION. Thank you. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Download Nigeria Gospel Praise And Worship Instrumental (by Naijachristians) / Sexual Immorality____ Satan's Bait / 12 Ways To Identify Pharisees In Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.