Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Questions For Frosbel On Tithing - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing (12098 Views)

A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by debosky(m): 11:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
frosbel:

always misinterpreting my statements, not sure why smiley

There is no other interpretation that can be ascribed to Tithing is wrong from all perspectives and is a doctrine of demons other than that I have done.

Using words like wrong 'from all perspectives' leaves little room for any other interpretation. So maybe the issue is with your wording?

Tithing can preached in the right context of how it was practiced and how it was fulfilled in Christ our Lord.

However, to preach it as a mandatory practice among the brethren is simply and worryingly false.

On this we both agree. smiley
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 11:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
^ Plus, using tithe as a means to curse God's people and threaten them for curse. A Christians is NOT blessed and cursed AT THE SAME TIME. We are already blessed because of what Christ did, not tithing CANNOT CURSE US OR BE A MEANS OF CURSE TO US.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 31, 2013
[quote author=debosky]

There is no other interpretation that can be ascribed to Tithing is wrong from all perspectives and is a doctrine of demons other than that I have done.

I agree, wrong wording.

Thanks !

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by alexleo(m): 12:10am On Mar 31, 2013
debosky:

No one is exercising a monopoly here - but your view is a dangerous one which can open the door for an 'anything goes' perspective.

I do not consider teaching tithing as mandatory for Christians because it is not recorded as taught in the biblical record of the early Christians as mandatory. That is not a matter of interpretation in my view.

However, I do agree the Holy Spirit can minister to an individual to give 1,5, 6, 10 or even 20% of his/her income. That is left to the individual and the Holy Spirit.

whether it is right to make tithe mandatory or not is what i dont know( at least based on the points that you people have made against it so far) but what I am saying is that the bible did not condemn it and we shouldnt condemn it. Whatever reasons people are bringing here to condemn tithing remains their own views because none of the quotations in the bible outrightly condemned tithing. Yes the apostles didnt tithe yet they didnt condemn it too. So why should somebody come and outrightly condemn it? Where it was mentioned in the new testament there was no condemnation of it and none of those quotations branded it as a sin or an evil. Yes its easy for people to accept the cheap anti tithe message because most of them started tithing with the mindset of becoming rich and when they have read from you people that giving tithe does not make them rich they find it unreasonable to continue it but those of us who are giving tithe with the mindset to support God's work and also for the fact that tithing is in the bible and its not condemned, WE CANNOT STOP. My dear, human beings easily accept cheap messages and anti tithing is one of such cheap messages. Who wouldnt stop tithing easily when he is told that he wouldnt benefit anything from it as he thought before entering into it. See how easy it is for people to accept anti tithing message and quit from it under the cloak that it is evil and sin, yet i tell you, how many of such people have also dropped the sin of fornication, adultery and lying etc as easily as they ve dropped tithing? I know that most of the people here claiming they are dropping it because it is evil are just empty barrels that are making noise. If it is evil, have you also easily dropped other evil acts in your life? Only God knows. We know that for most of you anti tithers, Its not about dropping an evil practice its all about the flesh that always wants to gain all the time( same flesh is driving those pastors who preach tithe as if thats what holds their life). Its very easy to drop tithing because it translates to more savings, yet when it comes to this other sins, it becomes hard to drop. This flesh likes cheap gospel and I WILL NOT ALLOW MYSELF TO ACCEPT CHEAP GOSPEL. TITHING IS NOT EVIL AND IT IS NOT WRONG.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by alexleo(m): 12:17am On Mar 31, 2013
Goshen360: ^ Plus, using tithe as a means to curse God's people and threaten them for curse. A Christians is NOT blessed and cursed AT THE SAME TIME. We are already blessed because of what Christ did, not tithing CANNOT CURSE US OR BE A MEANS OF CURSE TO US.

And this is a place i may say I agree with you to some extent. But i disagree with total condemnation of tithing
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 12:36am On Mar 31, 2013
Let's put Hebrews 7 in a very clear perspective before some folks say we only have head knowledge and not revelational knowledge as if you must not understand the text before we can properly apply it or get revelation out of it. It's very simple and eternally clear - Hebrews 7 ENDED TITHE. You can call all your pastors or theologians together to contend what is written in Hebrews 7. Here's is it,

5And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Here is where it started from. Here we have the first use of the word "commandment". It was ascribed to tithe. That is, every COMMANDMENT IN SCRIPTURE is ALWAYS SPECIFIC. In this verse, the COMMANDMENT IS TO TAKE TITHE by the sonS (many) of Levi and these sonS of Levi are those who functioned in the Levitical Priesthood and Aaron being the priest. A must read to understand this concept is NUMBERS 18.

16Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

The second use of the word "commandment" is in verse 16 above. What is this commandment SPECIFIED for? The context tells us from verse 13-15 that, this "commandment" means the REQUIREMENT FOR BEING A LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD. Everyone who takes tithe MUST be from from the tribe of Levi BUT Christ is NOT from that tribe so also Melchizedek because his genealogy wasn't mentioned or unknown. Hence, Christ in the order of Melchizedek came from the tribe of Judah and was not MADE AFTER THE LAW OF CARNAL COMMANDMENT, that is what not made a priest in the carnal requirement of the Levitical priesthood. Therefore, this second "commandment" is to meet the requirement for being a levitical priesthood - One must be born into the family of Levi. This is what God commanded in Numbers 18. Christ could NOT receive tithe BECAUSE he wasn't from Levi family, he would violate the law of Moses according to Numbers 18. The Apostles could NEVER collect tithe because they understand those who God gave the commandment of verse 5 to - to the Levites. They're NOT from Levi and so they can never take tithe. That's why the Apostle never taught it or received it and that's why it was NEVER recorded that the Apostles received tithe from anyone. NEVER!

Therefore, we have two "commandmentS" BUT the writer doesn't use both in PLURAL as in with -s. Since we have TWO "commandment" showing us in the context, we should have expected to have both in plural but no, it is not. This is because BOTH are taken as a WHOLE OR ONE just as the WHOLE 613 laws of Moses is being refer to as ONE - law, not lawS in many scriptures.

We can also know what the "commandment" of verse 16 is referring to if we are not sure by consulting other translations. Here is it,

Expanded Bible (EXB)
16 He was not made a priest by ·human rules and laws [or regulations about physical descent/ancestry] but through the power of his life, which ·continues forever [or is indestructable].

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
16 He was made a priest, but not because he met the requirement of being born into the right family. He became a priest by the power of a life that will never end.

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
16 That person is a priest, not because he met human requirements, but because he has power that comes from a life that cannot be destroyed.

You can check more translations here: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews%207:16&version=GW

to be continue
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Alwaystrue(f): 12:43am On Mar 31, 2013
debosky:

If you abolish the requirement for priesthood, to whom do you give tithes? Where have tithes not been given to a priest? Even Abram's tithe went to a priest did it not?

If, by your assertion, the requirement for a priesthood has been abolished, then it follows logically that those acts associated solely with priesthood are also abolished. Do you agree?

I am sure the scriptural quotes linking to how the priesthood has changed to that of Jesus, using Melchizedek as description was not lost on you. I am also sure what you see changed there was just the priesthood.

Alwaystrue:

Numbers 18:21
21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

Matthew 23:23
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

I Corinthians 9:13-14
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Amplified
13  Do you not know that those men who are employed in the services of the temple get their food from the temple? And that those who tend the altar share with the altar [in the offerings brought]? 14  [On the same principle] the Lord directed that those who publish the good news (the Gospel) should live (get their maintenance) by the Gospel.

2 Corinthians 11:8
8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.

The intent or the reason why God instituted tithe remained, the receiver changed. That is all.

Anyway, I would like to hear the reponse from the OP, Drummaboy based on what he posted and what the scripture shows.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 1:40am On Mar 31, 2013
18For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Now, this is the third use of the word "commandment" - it is still singular. However, the writer had used 2 commandments aforehand - verse 5 & 16.

Goshen360:

Therefore, we have two "commandmentS" BUT the writer doesn't use both in PLURAL as in with -s. Since we have TWO "commandment" showing us in the context, one should have expected to have both in plural but no, it is not. This is because BOTH are taken as a WHOLE OR ONE just as the WHOLE 613 laws of Moses is being refer to as ONE - law, not lawS in many scriptures.

Now, what is the "commandment" going before that is dis-annulled in verse 18? Definitely it MUST include "commandment"...TO TAKE TITHE & "commandment"...to be MADE A LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD, that is requirements to be a Levitical Priesthood. Oh my God, this is so powerful revelation. The Bible calls ALL believers NOW KINGS AND PRIEST UNTO GOD and yet WE ARE NOT FROM FROM THE TRIBE OF LEVI. We don't have to meet that requirement no more. Why? Here is the answer,

12For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

When the law changes, the priesthood changes. When the priesthood changes, the law regulating it must also change.

Now, some folks argue based on some translations like NLT of verse 18 that it was ONLY the priesthood that is disannulled. All we have to do is go back to those verse even from NLT. They even made it clearer.

5Now the law of Moses required that the priests, who are descendants of Levi, must collect a tithe from the rest of the people of Israel,a who are also descendants of Abraham. New Living Translations

From NLT, verse 5 says the PRIESTS MUST COLLECT TITHE.....this is the "commandment" that is spoken about in verse 5 from other translations and in Numbers 18.

16Jesus became a priest, not by meeting the physical requirement of belonging to the tribe of Levi, but by the power of a life that cannot be destroyed. New Living Translations

Verse 16 confirms the REQUIREMENT we talked about. One MUST belong to the tribe of Levi. You getting it?

Now, verse 18 in New Living Translations says in Grand finale,

18Yes, the old requirement about the priesthood was set aside because it was weak and useless.

Now, if we take this verse to argue that it is ONLY the requirements about the (levitical) priesthood thst is SET ASIDE. It destroys the whole context and where the priesthood was established. The context of verse of verse 12 is ALSO DESTROYED from the NLT.

12And if the priesthood is changed, the law must also be changed to permit it.

Now, if the OLD REQUIREMENT ABOUT THE PRIESTHOOD IS SET ASIDE, What happens to the LAW that permits it? Scripture says the LAW MUST ALSO CHANGE If it is the priesthood requirement that is set aside, the law governing it or that permit it MUST also change. One of the laws that permit or govern the priesthood of Levi is, to take tithe - THAT MUST ALSO CHANGE. Another law that permit or regulates the Levitical priesthood is to minister before the altar. That too MUST change! There's also a law that the priest must collect tithe and give tenth part to Aaron, THAT TOO MUST CHANGE. There's a law that the priests must not do other work or own a land, ALL THOSE MUST CHANGE. etc.

FInally, everyone MUST read Numbers 18. The commandment there was for the LEVITES to take tithe and then from what they collect, they give tenth part to Aaron the priest. In today's world, if tithe is to be practiced as commanded, it is the church workers that fits the perfect description of Levites then and they are the ones to collect tithe and the church pastors will fit Aaron the priest to receive tenth part.

Those who say it is ONLY the priesthood that is set aside, and the tithe remains. To whom was the tithe commanded to? If that priesthood is therefore set aside, it automatically follows that the tithe too ascribed to the priesthood is also set aside along side the priesthood they claim is set aside. The priesthood cannot be set aside aside and the tithe remains. If they know how that is done, that the priesthood is set aside and the tithe remains, they should explain to us.

Thank you!
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 1:51am On Mar 31, 2013
Alwaystrue:

I am sure the scriptural quotes linking to how the priesthood has changed to that of Jesus, using Melchizedek as description was not lost on you. I am also sure what you see changed there was just the priesthood.

If you agree the priesthood changed, then you MUST AGREE that the law MUST ALSO CHANGE. Hebrews 7:12.

The law that regulates the entire priesthood MUST ALSO CHANGE. One of such law is to TAKE TITHE. Does the law to take tithe still remain while the priesthood is changed? We need an answer please.

Alwaystrue:

The intent or the reason why God instituted tithe remained, the receiver changed. That is all.

Anyway, I would like to hear the reponse from the OP, Drummaboy based on what he posted and what the scripture shows.

Again, the receiver changed right? So MUST THE LAW CHANGE! Do you know the Levite don't exist IN THE BODY OF CHRIST NO MORE. If the receiver changed, so MUST THE LAW (to receive tithe) TOO CHANGE. Or the entire law that governs the receiver. The levites were to take tithe and give tenth part to Aaron, Numbers 18. Where is that practiced today in the church? Those who work to assist the pastors are equivalent of Levites. We do not have Levites among the body of Christ. We have Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Evangelist etc. For you to agree to that receiver changed, then you must agree the law regulating everything about the receiver too MUST change.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 7:55am On Mar 31, 2013
Alwaystrue:

Since the below scriptures are deceit to you, do leave me to do according to God's word that I have mixed with faith. Thanks.

Genesis 14:19-20
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: 20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Hebrews 7:1-2
1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

Hebrews 7:8-9
8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

Numbers 18:21
21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.

2 Corinthians 31:4-5
4 Moreover he commanded the people that dwelt in Jerusalem to give the portion of the priests and the Levites, that they might be encouraged in the law of the Lord.

5 And as soon as the commandment came abroad, the children of Israel brought in abundance the firstfruits of corn, wine, and oil, and honey, and of all the increase of the field; and the tithe of all things brought they in abundantly.

Matthew 23:23
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

I Corinthians 9:13-14
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

2 Corinthians 11:8
8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.

Scriptures cannot be deceit. Deceit arise from interpretations. Quoting scriptures is not telling us anything. Your pastors continue to deceive you with their interpretation of the scriptures. The apostles did a good job without the use of tithe. We still rely on their letters after 2000 years! You think it was tithe that preserved the scriptures? The work of God will be done tithe or no tithe.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 8:22am On Mar 31, 2013
Alwaystrue:

It is not just the receiver that changed, the command to give tithe was also affected. The tithe instituted by God was beneficiary specific. The nature of the tithe was also specific. God did not say anybody serving the function of priest is entitled to the peoples tithe. The tithe was the tribe of Levi inheritance, and God did not take away that inheritance when he changed the priesthood. You will be going against God's command by giving the Levites tithe to your pastor. Btw, you are not even eligible to give God's tithe.

I agree with you that the intent or reason God instituted tithe remained. your application of that intent today is a personal decision, it is not a commandment that is applicable to all Christians. You should be careful in applying God's tithe intent so it does not become a law for you. You run the risk of rejecting the spirit and conducting your giving based on laws issued by your pastor or imposed on self.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 10:20am On Mar 31, 2013
debosky:

If you abolish the requirement for priesthood, to whom do you give tithes? Where have tithes not been given to a priest? Even Abram's tithe went to a priest did it not?

If, by your assertion, the requirement for a priesthood has been abolished, then it follows logically that those acts associated solely with priesthood are also abolished. Do you agree?
But you know she was referring to the levitical priesthood. na wa oh.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 10:26am On Mar 31, 2013
frosbel:

always misinterpreting my statements, not sure why smiley

Tithing can preached in the right context of how it was practiced and how it was fulfilled in Christ our Lord.

However, to preach it as a mandatory practice among the brethren is simply and worryingly false.
you're always too proud to accept your mistakes. Any literate fellow knows the exact meaning of what you wrote. Your foxily changing it to what Debo's saying is alarming. Jesus died for you also.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 10:32am On Mar 31, 2013
alexleo:

whether it is right to make tithe mandatory or not is what i dont know( at least based on the points that you people have made against it so far) but what I am saying is that the bible did not condemn it and we shouldnt condemn it. Whatever reasons people are bringing here to condemn tithing remains their own views because none of the quotations in the bible outrightly condemned tithing. Yes the apostles didnt tithe yet they didnt condemn it too. So why should somebody come and outrightly condemn it? Where it was mentioned in the new testament there was no condemnation of it and none of those quotations branded it as a sin or an evil. Yes its easy for people to accept the cheap anti tithe message because most of them started tithing with the mindset of becoming rich and when they have read from you people that giving tithe does not make them rich they find it unreasonable to continue it but those of us who are giving tithe with the mindset to support God's work and also for the fact that tithing is in the bible and its not condemned, WE CANNOT STOP. My dear, human beings easily accept cheap messages and anti tithing is one of such cheap messages. Who wouldnt stop tithing easily when he is told that he wouldnt benefit anything from it as he thought before entering into it. See how easy it is for people to accept anti tithing message and quit from it under the cloak that it is evil and sin, yet i tell you, how many of such people have also dropped the sin of fornication, adultery and lying etc as easily as they ve dropped tithing? I know that most of the people here claiming they are dropping it because it is evil are just empty barrels that are making noise. If it is evil, have you also easily dropped other evil acts in your life? Only God knows. We know that for most of you anti tithers, Its not about dropping an evil practice its all about the flesh that always wants to gain all the time( same flesh is driving those pastors who preach tithe as if thats what holds their life). Its very easy to drop tithing because it translates to more savings, yet when it comes to this other sins, it becomes hard to drop. This flesh likes cheap gospel and I WILL NOT ALLOW MYSELF TO ACCEPT CHEAP GOSPEL. TITHING IS NOT EVIL AND IT IS NOT WRONG.
WORD
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 31, 2013
Image123:
you're always too proud to accept your mistakes. Any literate fellow knows the exact meaning of what you wrote. Your foxily changing it to what Debo's saying is alarming. Jesus died for you also.

Hmmm, mind reader and accuser.

In other words I was lying, lol

smiley

Remember the warning about bearing false witness.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 10:49am On Mar 31, 2013
Goshen360:

LIES, there's bible verse that says tithe HAS COME TO AN END! Will you repent if we show you again?
There is no such verse except you're trying to twist that verse that says something about the end of THE LAW. Tithe is not the law, infact you already know that Jesus said mercy, judgment and faith are more significant parts of the law than tithes. You have a problem with the letter.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 10:52am On Mar 31, 2013
frosbel:

Hmmm, mind reader and accuser.

In other words I was lying, lol

smiley

Remember the warning about bearing false witness.
i'm not reading your mind, i read your post. You've even admitted later to making a mistake, duh.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 11:01am On Mar 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

This is very false statement. If tithe was essential for the work of God, the apostles would have collected tithe. Please don't let anybody deceive you.
you forgot to add that the practice of tithing is more sustainable universally and in any time frame as compared to following the steps of dropping all our property at some apostle's feet.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 31, 2013
Image123:
i'm not reading your mind, i read your post. You've even admitted later to making a mistake, duh.

ok
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 31, 2013
Image123:
you forgot to add that the practice of tithing is more sustainable universally and in any time frame as compared to following the steps of dropping all our property at some apostle's feet.

First off, one simple question, why was tithing not once preached or practiced by the early church, I have read the acts of the apostles, the letters by the apostles and the brothers of Jesus , and cannot find ONE reference to tithing.

Do you think they missed something, or there is something we know today that they did not know then?

Secondly , the property was not dropped at the feet of the apostles, it was the proceeds from the property, besides, the proceeds were transparently used for the needs of the poor , not for the building and maintenance of large temples and churches.

There is no transparency in the use of money today in most churches, the sheep have become dumb sheep and they give their wealth out without a care in the world on how it is used.

"For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need." Acts 4;34-35
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 11:21am On Mar 31, 2013
debosky:

I am yet to see one passage, one witness speak against animal sacrifices in all of Scripture both old and new. Is that valid reason to teach tithing as a mandatory practice for Christians? After all animal sacrifices are also from before the law.

What about the 5 offerings mentioned in Leviticus? Where are they 'spoken against' in scripture?
i was answering him directly from his questions, showing that that's not enough reason. What 5offerings are you referring to?
on animal sacrifice, see Isaiah 1:11,12,13 Psalm 51:16,17 and Hebrews10:6-10
The whole of Hebrews is trying to tell us there is no more need for animal sacrifices BECAUSE Jesus has come as a Better substitute, the Lamb of God. There is yet no better substitute for the tithe practice.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 31, 2013
Image123:
i was answering him directly from his questions, showing that that's not enough reason. What 5offerings are you referring to?
on animal sacrifice, see Isaiah 1:11,12,13 Psalm 51:16,17 and Hebrews10:6-10
The whole of Hebrews is trying to tell us there is no more need for animal sacrifices BECAUSE Jesus has come as a Better substitute, the Lamb of God. There is yet no better substitute for the tithe practice.

what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 11:24am On Mar 31, 2013
frosbel:

one simple question, why was tithing not once preached or practiced by the early church, I have read the acts of the apostles, the letters by the apostles and the brothers of Jesus , and cannot find ONE reference to tithing.

Do you think they missed something, or there is something we know today that they did not know then?
if you cannot find ONE reference to tithing, why do you state without a shadow of doubt that tithing is wrong?
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 11:26am On Mar 31, 2013
frosbel:

what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
are you trying to ask a question?
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 11:28am On Mar 31, 2013
Image123:

Any form of giving can easily be sustained if only you can make true Christians of the congregation. Sustainability should not override the commandment for Love driven giving.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 31, 2013
Image123:
are you trying to ask a question?

Jesus is the fulfillment of the law and the prophets of which the tithes was part , and you erroneously suggest that ONLY the TITHE was not fulfilled.

Boy, you have derailed badly.

May God help you, I do honestly hope this is not the LIE you teach to whoever sits under your teaching.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

Any form of giving can easily be sustained if only you can make true Christians of the congregation. Sustainability should not override the commandment for Love driven giving.

100% true.

In fact , you are more likely to give away all under no compulsion , than when it becomes an obligatory burden, something Pharisees like to place on the shoulders of unsuspecting believers.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 11:46am On Mar 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

Tithing is a form of giving, remember? Not all forms of giving are sustainable, that's why the practice of having all things in common didn't last. Do you practice this new testament form of giving, abi na so so mouth you get?
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 11:48am On Mar 31, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus is the fulfillment of the law and the prophets of which the tithes was part , and you erroneously suggest that ONLY the TITHE was not fulfilled.

Boy, you have derailed badly.

May God help you, I do honestly hope this is not the LIE you teach to whoever sits under your teaching.
you love making suggestions on my behalf
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Image123(m): 12:27pm On Mar 31, 2013
BTW, on Gosh's long division of Hebrew 7, all he ended up saying is that the priesthood is no longer required to be of Levi origin. That's why Jesus can be High Priest from the tribe of Judah. That's why gentiles can claim priesthood under the new covenant.
Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2013
Image123:
Tithing is a form of giving, remember? Not all forms of giving are sustainable, that's why the practice of having all things in common didn't last. Do you practice this new testament form of giving, abi na so so mouth you get?

Remember the statement that those refusing to work should not eat. The practice of having all things in common was not meant to last. Telling people to give 10% of their income to the pastor is also not sustainable. Remove the conditions of blessings attached to tithe by pastor and you'll see the tithing population reduce. If you continue to focus on sustainability, then you miss the gospel message. Christ and the apostles were never after sustainability of giving by recommending a giving type.

The idea of giving a tenth can make some to give under compulsion and also restrict others from giving more. This is not the message from Christ and the apostles.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Frosbel On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
Image123:
There is no such verse except you're trying to twist that verse that says something about the end of THE LAW. Tithe is not the law, infact you already know that Jesus said mercy, judgment and faith are more significant parts of the law than tithes. You have a problem with the letter.

There is no such verse except you're trying to twist that verse that says something about the end of THE LAW.

If it says something about the END OF THE LAW....of Moses perhaps. I don't know why you're always talking from both sides of your mouth. One time, you will come out saying the law had not ended and here you're saying the verse is talking about the end of the law. Either way you wanna take it - If the law is ended according to you, is the tithe not included in the law that had ended? Do you have another separate law for tithing other than what you have in the law of Moses? There's nothing to twist about Hebrews 7, it's very clear. Take it that it was the priesthood that had changed, then the law regulating them MUST also change. Take it that verse 18 disannulled tithe, it is still gone. As long as you agree that the Levitical Priesthood is gone, you indirectly agree but might not say that tithe is also gone because they own the sole commandment to take tithe ACCORDING TO THE LAW. You're a law keeper so you should understand keeping some part of the law of Moses that says the Levites own the tithes ACCORDING TO THE LAW.

You have a problem with the letter.

Yes, I have a big problem with the letter(s). That letter(s) is THE LAW OF MOSES. Read 2 Corinthians 3:6 in all other translations and you see, the "letter" is the LAW OF MOSES, that kills. I'm also willing to tear it (the law of Moses) down so that Grace can abound in the body of Christ - That's the same job Apostle Paul did with those Judaizers of his days like what we have today too in the body of Christ, tearing down keeping the Mosaic laws for Christians, Galatians 2:18 in all available translations. Those who're trying to mix some part of the law of Moses with Grace of Christ are simple doing contrary to the Apostolic order in Acts 15 and you've proved yourself to be one of them.

When Apostle Paul said, "the letter killeth...". Many thinks he was talking about not following what is written in black and white. He was actually talking about the LAW OF MOSES, THE WRITTEN LAW...that resulted to killing\death. If we're not to follow the letters as in what is written in black and white, why then does the Apostle wrote,

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Brothers and sisters, I have applied this to Apollos and myself for your sake. You should learn from us not to go beyond what is written in Scripture. Then you won't arrogantly place one of us in opposition to the other.

NET Bible (©2006)
I have applied these things to myself and Apollos because of you, brothers and sisters, so that through us you may learn "not to go beyond what is written," so that none of you will be puffed up in favor of the one against the other.

New International Version (©2011)
Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

1 Corinthians 4:6

Image123, you're going beyond what is written for Christians. The Christian age started when the New Covenant of Christ engrafted us, the Non-Jew into the Covenant of God. We do not have the law of Moses in the first place. It wasn't written to us. I have given you more than 10 scriptures in the past, the law wasn't written to us but we can learn from it as the scriptures says BUT IT DOES NOT APPLY TO US.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God. Romans 3:19

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Download Nigeria Gospel Praise And Worship Instrumental (by Naijachristians) / Sexual Immorality____ Satan's Bait / 12 Ways To Identify Pharisees In Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.