Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493622 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 4:19am On Apr 27, 2016
Hebraham:
dislike hypocrisy and let's get the fact right (1) fishmeal remain the most essential ingredient why (2).blood meal remain the highest ingredient in crew protein. (3) other animal with high crew protein such hydrolys feather meal that are major animal protein meal that are common in our environment 4) unfortunately the inclusion of blood meal in feed production is not allow in so many country as a result of the problem of mad disease were, it is allowed 13.4 percent inclusion as been scientifically recommended in the production of feed also, catfish can only utilise about 65% and its inclusion in feed production should not exceed 20% in feed production.
with these statement of fact quality feed can only be achieve with some percentage of fish meal. and for one to achieve 50% C.P at least 25% fish meal will be required in feed production. With these my submission 60% C.P cannot be achieved with #220.

Well said. Pls try and read thru my postings again and u will see the formula i said they are using. Just PKC, blood meal, maize flower and wheat offal. They don't add any fish meal or gnc or soya, yet they claim the feed is 60cp. I pity for those gullible minds who will not listen to my cry and I won't keep quite becos I believe in the truth. The cost of the feed is not even up to hundred naira and they are selling it for #220

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 4:29am On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=Businesstools post=45065320]Please house,

I am a first timer in fish farming. I have been making use of Coppens. And so far, my fish have been doing great. I bought some local feeds on this thread (Name withheld), but I'm scared of administering it to my fish. I don't want to tell stories that touch. The neutral persons (4 of them in number) that have used this same feed told me emphatically that they did not observe any impact on their fish as claimed by the producers, marketers and promoters of the said feed.

The distributors and those advertising the feed are all partners in crime. The honest distributors among them are just praying to sell their remain junk called 60% feed and withdraw from it. The oldest and most reliable form of advertising is referral. Let those that have used the feed speak up and educate d house about their findings. Pls rise to the occasion n speak up if u have conscience.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 5:19am On Apr 27, 2016
fzero:
sometimes i seem not to understand some folks, if u try out a feed without result stop using it and get the feed that better suit u.
Truth be told how many of us has taken it upon ourselves to test the so called foreign feed?Not at all because it is branded foreign. Excel said because a feed is cheap doesn't make it bad which i totally agree. Right from time immemorial fish farmers have been loosing their hard earned cash with the same imported feed like wise me. I remember i lost more than half of my stock using top feed who did i run to with all their CP i achieved nothing. From experience farmers tend to blame their shortcomings on a new feed most especially when it is cheap.
Cheap feed can be very good, most times that I don't hav time to go sit @ feedmill i buy a locally made feed here #160 per kilo but now #180 i hav result for that even without knowing the CP, wen u hav ur own ppl deceiving you it's a bad thing... do u knw wat Topfeed went thru cos of their bad feed production? U can't just produce trash and sell u will face the music. You think becos u don't or didn't speak up against topfeed some other ppl didn't? We hav SON, NAFDAC & NDLA if u don't knw they don't take things like this likely. No man is a island against justice. Let those with good testimony come up n talk. They can't cos they were all burnt.

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:00am On Apr 27, 2016
let the testifiers come out and let complainers give the house vivid details of their experiences. NO LIES PLS

The answers we want are; when did you start the use of the feed, is there any negative impact on your fishes i.e. did they die,shrink or become diseased(before you are in any hurry to come into conclusion, NOTE WITH FOREIGN FEED SOME OF THIS COULD HAPPEN under poor water mangement and over feeding.

what kilogram did you feed and what was the result, you dont expect to feed 500grams and expect to see a kilogram fish, even the foreign feeds wont give you that.

Did you start at fingerlings/juveniles in using the feed in question, what is the reputation of the breeder you bought your fish feeds from?

Was there any prior relationship(business) between those for or against the feed in question that the forum dont know?

When this answers are given by both parties; the real issues can be determined by those that choose to decifer accurately

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 6:56am On Apr 27, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
let the testifiers come out and let complainers give the house vivid details of their experiences. NO LIES PLS

The answers we want are; when did you start the use of the feed, is there any negative impact on your fishes i.e. did they die,shrink or become diseased(before you are in any hurry to come into conclusion, NOTE WITH FOREIGN FEED SOME OF THIS COULD HAPPEN under poor water mangement and over feeding.

what kilogram did you feed and what was the result, you dont expect to feed 500grams and expect to see a kilogram fish, even the foreign feeds wont give you that.

Did you start at fingerlings/juveniles in using the feed in question, what is the reputation of the breeder you bought your fish feeds from?

Was there any prior relationship(business) between those for or against the feed in question that the forum dont know?

When this answers are given by both parties; the real issues can be determined by those that choose to decifer accurately

Indeed you are a man full of wisdom there is more to it than just the feed. Ur last question is spot on
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Jswart: 7:10am On Apr 27, 2016
Does is feed in question have a name. Let the users name the feed so that those that have used it can give a review about it.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by walexy001: 7:27am On Apr 27, 2016
i wonder why some people just go online and publish what they are not sure of im using this same feed for some time and in fact i see alot of changes and guess what i just got my new order of the new reformed sinking pellet yesterday and infact im happy i did ok so pls let tolerate our self even in the midst of personal egos ok ONE LOVE

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 11:40am On Apr 27, 2016
Am not talking about any other feed other than the self acclaimed GELATIN FEED. The producers and their cohorts claimed the crude protein is 60% and I bought 300kg as my first order from a distributor at ikutun and even posted a video of my fishes accepting it. But to my surprise, after ordering 1 tonne, for 150k they sent me what my fishes could not even swallow. I called the guy and he told me to return it of which I did and I collected my money from him. After some days I went to agege to mill my own feed and to my greatest disappointment, I saw the feed in question. It was there the guys working at the milling house told me that the owner of gelatin feed is only using just PKC , maize flower, blood meal and wheat offal to produce his feed. I was not surprised but I had to be sure of it cp protein and I took the feed to animal care at Agege where I paid 5k for testing it. D result was 14.9% cp. So where in the world did they get their 60% cup without fish meal, no soya, no gnc.

Pls, do the right thing and ensure any feed be it local or foreign is tested before buying in bulk. A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 11:42am On Apr 27, 2016
walexy001:
i wonder why some people just go online and publish what they are not sure of im using this same feed for some time and in fact i see alot of changes and guess what i just got my new order of the new reformed sinking pellet yesterday and infact im happy i did ok so pls let tolerate our self even in the midst of personal egos ok ONE LOVE
Pls name the feed so others can testify its efficacy
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Jesusbaby6(f): 11:46am On Apr 27, 2016
There is more to this than meets the eye. What if the workers are to blame?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 12:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
Nigeria is in the state it is because of our mind set. #OccupyNationalAssemble is on going to drive home some point to our leaders. We are here discussing in parables issue that hav cost some farmers a fortune, Stonedigital don't mince words with any1 on this issue again pls.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
Jesusbaby6:
There is more to this than meets the eye. What if the workers are to blame?
Am not trying to blame anyone. Just do your background check before buying any feed, mostly the local feed and ask if they offer money back guarantee if u are not satisfied with the feed.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 12:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=chilanfarms post=45086959]Nigeria is in the state it is because of our mind set. #OccupyNationalAssemble is on going to drive home some point to our leaders. We are here discussing in parables issue that hav cost some farmers a fortune, Stonedigital don't mince words with any1 on this issue again pls. [/quote

I rest my case.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
fzero:

Indeed you are a man full of wisdom there is more to it than just the feed. Ur last question is spot on
GOD HAS ALL THE WISDOM, I will read thru and state my observation/ share an experience
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by walexy001: 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
LOL.......LOL.....LOL
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
stonedigital:
Am not talking about any other feed other than the self acclaimed GELATIN FEED. The producers and their cohorts claimed the crude protein is 60% and I bought 300kg as my first order from a distributor at ikutun and even posted a video of my fishes accepting it. But to my surprise, after ordering 1 tonne, for 150k they sent me what my fishes could not even swallow. I called the guy and he told me to return it of which I did and I collected my money from him. After some days I went to agege to mill my own feed and to my greatest disappointment, I saw the feed in question. It was there the guys working at the milling house told me that the owner of gelatin feed is only using just PKC , maize flower, blood meal and wheat offal to produce his feed. I was not surprised but I had to be sure of it cp protein and I took the feed to animal care at Agege where I paid 5k for testing it. D result was 14.9% cp. So where in the world did they get their 60% cup without fish meal, no soya, no gnc.

Pls, do the right thing and ensure any feed be it local or foreign is tested before buying in bulk. A word is enough for the wise.
it is obvious now that you did business with gelatin feed manufacturers/distributor,which happen to be the debated feed in question. you said they did great before,but the 1 tonne wasnt palatable for the fishes. question will be, why was the first one accepted and the second rejected? is it the makers or the distributors intent or fault? lets leave that for others to analyse. Thank God you were paid on promptly. About the cp that was evaluated not accurate, reality is the older in age the less cp needed by your catfish for growth. so, there is no need to state what ever you know your feed does not possess. My brother, great you opened up on the issue at hand.

Robonski i believe many would be expecting your input in respect of this crucial issues that means a lot.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by komakan(m): 2:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=stonedigital post=45076368][/quote] 60% crude protein indeed. Rubbish feed. Many farmers in my territory came to me to find out the authencity of the feed and told them YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. If the producer of the feed fails to give out a good fish seed as promised definitely the fact on 60% cp in his feed is zero. D worst part if his attitude is to insult you when you level any complain.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
komakan:
60% crude protein indeed. Rubbish feed. Many farmers in my territory came to me to find out the authencity of the feed and told them YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. If the producer of the feed fails to give out a good fish seed as promised definitely the fact on 60% cp in his feed is zero. D worst part if his attitude is to insult you when you level any complain.
na wa ooh, i hope all this issues is not beyond all what we are reading here sir

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=excelsiorfarm post=45091167] it is obvious now that you did business with gelatin feed manufacturers/distributor,which happen to be the debated feed in question. you said they did great before,but the 1 tonne wasnt palatable for the fishes. question will be, why was the first one accepted and the second rejected? is it the makers or the distributors intent or fault? lets leave that for others to analyse. Thank God you were paid on promptly. About the cp that was evaluated not accurate, reality is the older in age the less cp needed by your catfish for growth. so, there is no need to state what ever you know your feed does not possess. My brother, great you opened up on the issue at hand.

Robonski i believe many would be expecting your input in respect of this crucial issues that means a lot.

[/quote
I have kept quiet for long about your insinuations and now I know why they say patience is a virtue reserved for the wise. Thank God I waited for u to unravel your stomach before telling everyone the truth. I warned everyone to check with the quality of the local feed they buy I subsequently mentioned the feed I used which I is gelatin feed of which our professor soft claimed that it contain 60% crude protein I have prooof that its a scaam. Instead of u to tell me to submit the test I did or bring the 2 bags left that soft refused to refund me, all u could deduce from the whole matter is its not the producers fault. Am afraid u leave me no choice but to assume u are defending your allies and friends. But let me spell it out to you that any business that is set on defrauding people of their had earned money will not last. I assure u now that soft does not have more customers like when he first started and that is only becos he put profit first before quality. We are not talking about a particular batch that is faulty, but almost everyone that used gelatin and harvested their fish feel they have been scammed. Mind u, a clear conscience fears no accusation. Tell soft and if robinski is part of this, I won't be the only one who will be disappointed .this is the world wide web (internet). I wonder how long they think they can get away with this. I rest my case. Good luck everyone. What goes around comes around. Nothing good can come out of blood money my friend

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by komakan(m): 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=stonedigital post=45092122][/quote] Nice one. You have said it all my brother. I have nothing to explain anymore.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=stonedigital post=45092122][/quote] i don't keep pals & i don't even know any of you at that.when some people rose against aquatic1,i defended him because i could read between d lines,but later he err.its children that is afraid to speak truth & those curring for favour.iam not your friend,that i write doesn't equate us as partners.iam not faceless,i have my details & pic on nairaland & linkedin,fb,so i choose those i associate with,am not in any group or whatsapp because i stand by my name as an individual always. we asked everyone to come,will1 or two speak for them? God as given a name that compromise isn't needed,note that. I don't need your test,i already advice d feed makers to be accurate in there info.Who knows if any two bags is left,did you say it,already said robonski should come & clear issues.Should i parley any,i don't need it,i am contented,even if its little.Maybe i should tell u where i did d electrificatn for a street in lagos or ask my name where am from.So,let those affected speak

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
walexy001:
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
Robonski come & clear issues, silence isnt it or ask whosoever had dealings with those complaining to clarify things
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
i don't keep pals & i don't even know any of you at that.when some people rose against aquatic1,i defended him because i could read between d lines,but later he err.its children that is afraid to speak truth & those curring for favour.iam not your friend,that i write doesn't equate us as partners.iam not faceless,i have my details & pic on nairaland & linkedin,fb,so i choose those i associate with,am not in any group or whatsapp because i stand by my name as an individual always. we asked everyone to come,will1 or two speak for them? God as given a name that compromise isn't needed,note that. I don't need your test,i already advice d feed makers to be accurate in there info.Who knows if any two bags is left,did you say it,already said robonski should come & clear issues.Should i parley any,i don't need it,i am contented,even if its little.Maybe i should tell u where i did d electrificatn for a street in lagos or ask my name where am from.So,let those affected speak
can you remember one of the wailers wanted to set up his own whatsapp group from this thread, but i challenged him, they want to also rub your name in the mud to achieve their aim. U are wiser sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
na wa ooh, i hope all this issues is not beyond all what we are reading here sir

I thought u said am here to blackmail gelatin,? My friend u can now see the proof u refused to see. Am waiting for Robinski becos he is somebody I look up to and personally contacted before establishing my farm. I wonder why he went to work for somebody that is not straight forward. God will surely reward those that are making life difficult for honest farmers like me.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
fzero:

can you remember one of the wailers wanted to set up his own whatsapp group from this thread, but i challenged him, they want to also rub your name in the mud to achieve their aim. U are wiser sir
see by the grace of God the name God had given cannot be rubbish.If i wanted to have accrued fortune by now it could have being achieve.Agricnetwork,the op encouraged me to work with(i declined even after suggesting d name & posting 4 or 5 writeup),do u know y?i saw a young man with something to offer,but i didn't want any attachment cos i don't like association outside church. About d whatsapp u mentioned,i didn't even notice it because any group,association or union talk,i don't even waste time on such.I don't have robonski's number,inform him we await clarification on some issues against his products
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
stonedigital:

I thought u said am here to blackmail gelatin,? My friend u can now see the proof u refused to see. Am waiting for Robinski becos he is somebody I look up to and personally contacted before establishing my farm. I wonder why he went to work for somebody that is not straight forward. God will surely reward those that are making life difficult for honest farmers like me.
quote me where i said you want to blackmail gelatin,who knows is gelatin you speak of?who is d owner he works for?All this i don't know & not interested in. What matters is what is d truth, and not hear say. And i am not your friend

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
[b]Hello everyone, i just read about the experience some individuals encountered while using the Gelatin feed, If you rightly used a feed with all best management in place from good seed, water management, good stocking density etc and the result was poor desist from using the feed. i have in some occasion used some feed that was poor and i backed out its as simple as that. The motive behind the creation of the gelatin feed is to reduce the overall cost of feeding to maximize profit of which we firstly produced the powdered form, we moved on to the pellet which we had some issues with the bonding now we have rectified that with the new magnet floating feed, and we will keep on improving on the feed and bagging which is on its way.

Someone said its cp is 14.9 of which only blood meal alone is higher than that. Talking of scamming i have transacted business with lots of individuals over the past years majority from nairaland worth millions of naira some i have never seen before they only had faith in me and no one has ever come up and said robonski is a scam. I rather put my energy on more positive/productive things than to produce a feed that wont live up to its expectation, As i type the feed is on Nafdac desk for review. Details will be out very shortly.The feed has a customers forum if a user have any issue with the feed.[/b]

N.B I am fully aware that there are some individuals working against Me in particular its not even about the feed.. only GOD knows their motive. Well this is not the first time i have encountered such. We will come out victorious.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by red3nity: 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
please i'll like to connect fish farmer living in Asaba Delta State , opening a fish farm soon, please call 08028607412
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by pumppie: 5:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
fzero:
sometimes i seem not to understand some folks, if u try out a feed without result stop using it and get the feed that better suit u.
Truth be told how many of us has taken it upon ourselves to test the so called foreign feed?Not at all because it is branded foreign. Excel said because a feed is cheap doesn't make it bad which i totally agree. Right from time immemorial fish farmers have been loosing their hard earned cash with the same imported feed like wise me. I remember i lost more than half of my stock using top feed who did i run to with all their CP i achieved nothing. From experience farmers tend to blame their shortcomings on a new feed most especially when it is cheap.
I once maintained that the best local feed is perhaps the one you make yourself while paying attention to all nutritional needs of your fish in terms of CP etc. I make bold to say that most of our commercially available feeds lack integrity. They only work on most people’s mentality by claiming exaggerated CP because most people will fall for it. (We always want to save cost while maximizing profit). Mind you sir, TOP feed you mentioned is a locally made feed and not foreign.

And please for the fact that a feed is floating (extruded) does not make it foreign. I have read on this thread some feed formulation by ABLX and trust me they are not cheap to make. But the question is, is he getting results? Yes he is getting results. And that is why he can boldly say locally made feeds are better than foreign made. This does not mean we can’t have feeds that are cheap and will give results. Indeed results are a variable subject.

It is true that even some foreign feeds do have less CP than they claim, but truth is they are not always as bad as most locally made feeds. I am also aware that some of them have reference farms here where they get feedbacks on performance and adjust where necessary. This is why some now have feeds that are cheap and with lower CP.

On the feed in question, I was reading with keen interest and I am happy we don’t have to be in suspense cos the name has been revealed and we know the producer(s) and as excelsiorfam has pointed out, for the sake of integrity and rubbishing your wonderful initiative, it is of paramount importance for issues raised here on the quality and integrity of gelatin feed to be addressed asap. I will also beg to also comment on the agege issue that was mentioned. Regards.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
Robonski, good you came on. Let everyone make their decision. Choose your path.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
robonski15:
[b]Hello everyone, i just read about the experience some individuals encountered while using the Gelatin feed, If you rightly used a feed with all best management in place from good seed, water management, good stocking density etc and the result was poor desist from using the feed. i have in some occasion used some feed that was poor and i backed out its as simple as that. The motive behind the creation of the gelatin feed is to reduce the overall cost of feeding to maximize profit of which we firstly produced the powdered form, we moved on to the pellet which we had some issues with the bonding now we have rectified that with the new magnet floating feed, and we will keep on improving on the feed and bagging which is on its way.

Someone said its cp is 14.9 of which only blood meal alone is higher than that. Talking of scamming i have transacted business with lots of individuals over the past years majority from nairaland worth millions of naira some i have never seen before they only had faith in me and no one has ever come up and said robonski is a scam. I rather put my energy on more positive/productive things than to produce a feed that wont live up to its expectation, As i type the feed is on Nafdac desk for review. Details will be out very shortly.The feed has a customers forum if a user have any issue with the feed.[/b]

N.B I am fully aware that there are some individuals working against Me in particular its not even about the feed.. only GOD knows their motive. Well this is not the first time i have encountered such. We will come out victorious.

Robinski finally u responded. I guess its about time. U said blood meal alone is more Dan 14.9%? , but at what percentage per 100kg is it advised?. I wasn't show if u are still with soft or not, that why I have to give u the benefit of the doubt. But I don't think there is need for reservations anymore. House, my allegation will be backed by proofs as I will attach documents of my findings to prove that not all that glitters are gold. Funny

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.