Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493663 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cleavon(m): 8:59am On Apr 25, 2016
Please educate us..so we don't spend our hard earn financial contribution on some CON artist esp in this hard economy..though is barbaric for someone to try or trick some one of his or her hard money..thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:07am On Apr 25, 2016
@stonedigital, i noticed u earlier on this thread, what happened? if u cant say sir, then hold your peace. God bless

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Babateemd: 10:56am On Apr 25, 2016
I need a fish pond to rent for breeding of about 10,000 fingerlings. Rent time. One year.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by phunkey101: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ttalk:

My location is Abuja but it was designed in Lagos

Thanks for ur response, but Please give details of who did it n hw much it cost u. I need one too.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
phunkey101:

Thanks for ur response, but Please give details of who did it n hw much it cost u. I need one too.

You give specification of what you want. Mine was 7.5 diesel engine a nd it drives both grinding and pelleting unit. It cost 150k but the price will increase if u are using higher engine like 9.5, 11 00, 11 10, 11 15 etc
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bolajogs(m): 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
I need water testing kits and I base in Osogbo,pls can anybody help me out.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
robonski15:
Hello great farmers, if you have fishes (melange and table size) for sale within Lagos and ogun state kindly contact me Asap. Thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
@stonedigital, i noticed u earlier on this thread, what happened? if u cant say sir, then hold your peace. God bless

Hello house, am not here to dent anybody's image or business. All am trying to say is please and please, try and check what ever anybody is trying to sell to u on this forum or any Wattsup group to avoid waste of ur hard earned money. Like I said earlier, if its feed u are buying, buy little and take it to a lab for test to know the composition of the feed. Especially those that are selling local feed on this forum. Most of dem, mark my words, most of them just lie to about the protein content and sell u rubbish and at d end of the day, opt out of fish business, saying it doesn't pay. Pls we should do the needful and stop being lazy cos fish farming is not a lazy man's business.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ttalk:

You give specification of what you want. Mine was 7.5 diesel engine a nd it drives both grinding and pelleting unit. It cost 150k but the price will increase if u are using higher engine like 9.5, 11 00, 11 10, 11 15 etc
@Talk, please I would like to chart with u privately. Kindly drop your number so that I can call u
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2016
stonedigital:

Hello house, am not here to dent anybody's image or business. All am trying to say is please and please, try and check what ever anybody is trying to sell to u on this forum or any Wattsup group to avoid waste of ur hard earned money. Like I said earlier, if its feed u are buying, buy little and take it to a lab for test to know the composition of the feed. Especially those that are selling local feed on this forum. Most of dem, mark my words, most of them just lie to about the protein content and sell u rubbish and at d end of the day, opt out of fish business, saying it doesn't pay. Pls we should do the needful and stop being lazy cos fish farming is not a lazy man's business.
good u wrote what happened(part,which is ok).Anyone doing animal production will/should understand that whatever u feed your animals would determine end result. Garbage in Garbage out.If fish seeds are good & u give junk as feed,performance will be poor,don't blame breeder.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by pumppie: 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
stonedigital:

I think there is more to this than what u have said. Well, if u decide to keep quite and not be specific no p. Its ur choice. As much as there are credible farmers, consultants and products around it pains d heart that a lot of people and products indeed lack integrity. This lack of integrity issue is d difference between most of our local feeds and d so called foreign feeds. My advice, if u cannot professionally prepare ur own feed which might not be cheap too to be honest, use any of d available feeds that have stood d test of time and with intergrity too. Its not about d numbers u stock, its about how well u can manage it. So stock only what u can adequately cater for instead of seeking cheap alternatives promising u high cp but a scam. Don't worry tho prosperity will surely judge all those scammers!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 9:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
pumppie:
I think there is more to this than what u have said. Well, if u decide to keep quite and not be specific no p. Its ur choice. As much as there are credible farmers, consultants and products around it pains d heart that a lot of people and products indeed lack integrity. This lack of integrity issue is d difference between most of our local feeds and d so called foreign feeds. My advice, if u cannot professionally prepare ur own feed which might not be cheap too to be honest, use any of d available feeds that have stood d test of time and with intergrity too. Its not about d numbers u stock, its about how well u can manage it. So stock only what u can adequately cater for instead of seeking cheap alternatives promising u high cp but a scam. Don't worry tho prosperity will surely judge all those scammers!
AMEN!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dondo83(m): 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
robonski15:

It might be as a result of the new environment or direct sunlight.

oga rob, i lost my phone and your number. kindly send your number again to my box ceegee22000@yahoo.com or send me a message on whatsapp so i can readd u.. name on whatapps is dondo or demola not sure what u kno
w me as.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:02am On Apr 26, 2016
dondo83:

oga rob, i lost my phone and your number. kindly send your number again to my box ceegee22000@yahoo.com or send me a message on whatsapp so i can readd u.. name on whatapps is dondo or demola not sure what u kno
w me as.

Chairman I can seem to find you on my list. Kindly add me on 08061682047. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Businesstools(m): 7:59am On Apr 26, 2016
Thanks for bringing it to our notice.
stonedigital:

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
Hello house, I have catfish for sale:
The 1.5kg is 550per kg:
1kg is 530per kg
500g is 450 per Kg.
250g is 430per kg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
fzero:
sometimes i seem not to understand some folks, if u try out a feed without result stop using it and get the feed that better suit u.
Truth be told how many of us has taken it upon ourselves to test the so called foreign feed?Not at all because it is branded foreign. Excel said because a feed is cheap doesn't make it bad which i totally agree. Right from time immemorial fish farmers have been loosing their hard earned cash with the same imported feed like wise me. I remember i lost more than half of my stock using top feed who did i run to with all their CP i achieved nothing. From experience farmers tend to blame their shortcomings on a new feed most especially when it is cheap.

Hello friend, I feel ur plight, and believe it or not am only trying to warn innocent farmers that buy feeds(especially the local) about the composition of the feed they are buying and giving to their fish. I went to Agege and was surprise that a member of this forum is only using PKC, maize flower, blood meal and wheat offal to produce a feed that they sell to innocent souls. I mean, can u buy such combination for 220per kg and give to your fish?. If not, the least I would ve expected from u is to encourage young farmers to do the right thing and ensure whatever feed they are to use should be tested to avoid losses

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Businesstools(m): 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
Please house,

I am a first timer in fish farming. I have been making use of Coppens. And so far, my fish have been doing great. I bought some local feeds on this thread (Name withheld), but I'm scared of administering it to my fish. I don't want to tell stories that touch. The neutral persons (4 of them in number) that have used this same feed told me emphatically that they did not observe any impact on their fish as claimed by the producers, marketers and promoters of the said feed.

The only persons who have told me good stories about this feed are the distributors, and you know their opinions cannot be unbiased.

Is there anyone who has bought and used any of the local feeds advertised on this thread, please come and share your experiences with us. Neutral persons please.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 6:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
Businesstools:
Please house,

I am a first timer in fish farming. I have been making use of Coppens. And so far, my fish have been doing great. I bought some local feeds on this thread (Name withheld), but I'm scared of administering it to my fish. I don't want to tell stories that touch. The neutral persons (4 of them in number) that have used this same feed told me emphatically that they did not observe any impact on their fish as claimed by the producers, marketers and promoters of the said feed.

The only persons who have told me good stories about this feed are the distributors, and you know their opinions cannot be unbiased.

Is there anyone who has bought and used any of the local feeds advertised on this thread, please come and share your experiences with us. Neutral persons please.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Businesstools(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
I'm aware that using Coppens through-out will not give me any profit. So I intend to switch to local after 2 months.
fzero:

I made use of coppens i did not make any profit due to its high cost and no significant increase in fish price(we should look into that also).
i bought one of the local feed advertised on this thread though it got my water really polluted cos of the bonding which i had to change water often not easy for me but i made my first ever profit in fish farming using the feed the fishes added tremendous weight which i hv never experienced before shocked, i just got samples of the new improved floating feed from them and working perfectly no more pollution, good thing dey improved on the feed. Dont judge by hearsay test it yourself
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 7:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
Businesstools:
I'm aware that using Coppens through-out will not give me any profit. So I intend to switch to local after 2 months.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
Businesstools:
Please house,

pls let's get your input(those with genuine proof as fishfarmers)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
fzero:
sometimes i seem not to understand some folks, if u try out a feed without result stop using it and get the feed that better suit u.
Truth be told how many of us has taken it upon ourselves to test the so called foreign feed?Not at all because it is branded foreign. Excel said because a feed is cheap doesn't make it bad which i totally agree. Right from time immemorial fish farmers have been loosing their hard earned cash with the same imported feed like wise me. I remember i lost more than half of my stock using top feed who did i run to with all their CP i achieved nothing. From experience farmers tend to blame their shortcomings on a new feed most especially when it is cheap.
a foreign feed does not necessary mean d feed is better.Some are just names.A foreign feed distributor that i once questioned why there's another new variation in their feed CP,he said "so there could be price difference".i won't mention d feed type,but it is a foreign feed.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 26, 2016
Wahala dey ooo.
Time to get the feed tested and compare with other feeds vis a via f price.

E speakilekwe ( in Nkoli naa nsukka's voice)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2016
stonedigital:

Hello friend, I feel ur plight, and believe it or not am only trying to warn innocent farmers that buy feeds(especially the local) about the composition of the feed they are buying and giving to their fish. I went to Agege and was surprise that a member of this forum is only using PKC, maize flower, blood meal and wheat offal to produce a feed that they sell to innocent souls. I mean, can u buy such combination for 220per kg and give to your fish?. If not, the least I would ve expected from u is to encourage young farmers to do the right thing and ensure whatever feed they are to use should be tested to avoid losses
aside composition,the environment wherein your fishes grow play a key role in d effectiveness of whatever feed type u use.Just to point those out.Also d additive added enhances d release or conversion of nutrient to the fishes.Many things are involved in feed production,though i won't condemn or applaud any.Lets be sincere in our dealing.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:32pm On Apr 26, 2016
mercylicious:
Wahala dey ooo.
Time to get the feed tested and compare with other feeds vis a via f price.

E speakilekwe ( in Nkoli naa nsukka's voice)
Come teach me your language & its interpretation
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
fzero:

very true, get the new floating feed as adevertised, i introduced my colleague to the feed and he has since never stopped using it,Note that not everybody is happy when something good is gaining ground there will always be critics to jeopardize one's effort(they are seven of them spreading false rumor and causing havoc)dont ask how i knew lol. also most users of the feed are guest who dont comment they only read. waiting to hear more users speak up
pls let those that had use the feed in question speak out, not every silence is ok.Silence is not golden when the truth is meant to be told. Indeed not everyone appreciates success & progress of others.I had seen it on this thread B4,but d culprits faded away(though this isn't to support your assumption).No wise man rise by pulling others down. Therefore let them do abit of clarification for many would be expecting it for re assurance.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2016
A WORD OF ADVICE, THIS FORUM IS NOT ABOUT FORMING CLIQUES,IT IS TO HELP ASPIRING FISH FARMERS & TO CONSOLIDATE KNOWLEDGE WITH INSIGHT OF EXPERIENCE & PRACTICING FISH FARMERS. LETS COME OUT HONEST IN OUR WAYS,DEALING. JESUS IS LORD

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Hebraham(m): 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2016
dislike hypocrisy and let's get the fact right (1) fishmeal remain the most essential ingredient why (2).blood meal remain the highest ingredient in crew protein. (3) other animal with high crew protein such hydrolys feather meal that are major animal protein meal that are common in our environment 4) unfortunately the inclusion of blood meal in feed production is not allow in so many country as a result of the problem of mad disease were, it is allowed 13.4 percent inclusion as been scientifically recommended in the production of feed also, catfish can only utilise about 65% and its inclusion in feed production should not exceed 20% in feed production.
with these statement of fact quality feed can only be achieve with some percentage of fish meal. and for one to achieve 50% C.P at least 25% fish meal will be required in feed production. With these my submission 60% C.P cannot be achieved with #220.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:18am On Apr 27, 2016
Hebraham:
dislike hypocrisy and let's get the fact right (1) fishmeal remain the most essential ingredient why (2).blood meal remain the highest ingredient in crew protein. (3) other animal with high crew protein such hydrolys feather meal that are major animal protein meal that are common in our environment 4) unfortunately the inclusion of blood meal in feed production is not allow in so many country as a result of the problem of mad disease were, it is allowed 13.4 percent inclusion as been scientifically recommended in the production of feed also, catfish can only utilise about 65% and its inclusion in feed production should not exceed 20% in feed production.
with these statement of fact quality feed can only be achieve with some percentage of fish meal. and for one to achieve 50% C.P at least 25% fish meal will be required in feed production. With these my submission 60% C.P cannot be achieved with #220.
there is a difference in giving want we know and what is googled/obtainable. Have Nigeria stopped use of blood meal in feed production? we are in Nigeria and there is no agency regulating what any one decides to put in his/her feed. That is why I ask you to post it here(fish thread) when you posted it on my business thread because I don't believe in secrecy when vital issues or trust needs to be given and I don't keep pals too. I still await the producers of this feed in question to justify themselves because keeping quiet will only ruin their initiative. possibly they could educate all on what or how they were able to achieve their feat.

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:29am On Apr 27, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
pls let those that had use the feed in question speak out, not every silence is ok.Silence is not golden when the truth is meant to be told. Indeed not everyone appreciates success & progress of others.I had seen it on this thread B4,but d culprits faded away(though this isn't to support your assumption).No wise man rise by pulling others down. Therefore let them do abit of clarification for many would be expecting it for re assurance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.