Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1498765 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
pumppie:
my dear brother, I strongly understand ur line of thought. I was only briefied on d possibilty of making that much in a short while which I gave a brief breakdown. Its a projection based on a proven model upon which other successful models have been made. Mind u, d original model was just for 6000 fingerlings to melange. So sure not all can do over 4.5m or so, but all can benefit even on a small scale. And at more convenient time I will give details of about 2 different models on melange fish that can change peoples life In a short period. N.b: d difference in model is just with the type of feed used). Its no top secrete, its probably what most of us know but ignore.

I applaud ur efforts and that of d creator of d thread and all other professionals....will be back soon. Tnx

pumppie, I acknowledge your view and I would await to get insight from your model in mind. Continue your work and lets share ideas to the benefit of all. We learn from every one.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
Ttalk:
Good afternoon my people, i just want to use this medium to thank selfless member of this forum who have been generous with information to young catfish farmers and i have been tutored by so many of you despite being far apart but your advise has been the light that illuminate the darkness world of fish farming.

One of my resolution to produce 50% of my feed by myself this year [2016] has been achieved with the designing of a locally produced grinding and pelletising machine that i now use to produce my rich pelletised feed. The 2 in 1 diesel machine uses one motor to drive the grinding as well as the pelletising machine and it has been very efficient.

My thanks goes to our professor in feed formulation, our amiable Ab1x for his contribution and advice on feed formula. I am very proud to announce that my 2mm feed with 40% fishmeal, 45% animal protein and 54.7 crude protein is less expensive compare to coppens 2mm. It is an eye opener that our local feeds if well formulated is far richer than the so called foreign feeds.

Mr Robonski, Soft777, Oga excellesoir, Chilanfarm, Komakan, Phemmy, Mecylicious, Billy and my respectable Nuvemberz, you are wonderful people, you have driven the passion to take calculated risk into our lives and we would not disappoint you.

Thank you all
Congrats, it is a laudable achievement and indeed this is another evidence that this thread had being impacting many lives positively. Remain bless and your coast be enlarge into greater works in fish farming and feed production.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Businesstools(m): 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
I heard some farmers produce fish feed with broiler starter and plenty of soya beans. They say it's cheaper and not different from the ready-made feed in terms of result. It it true? Secondly, how do they do it?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cleavon(m): 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
And also what is the percentage and feed formulating formula

Businesstools:
I heard some farmers produce fish feed with broiler starter and plenty of soya beans. They say it's cheaper and not different from the ready-made feed in terms of result. It it true? Secondly, how do they do it?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
pumppie:
Though I haven’t seen the report you guys are talking about neither do I know this guy but yes 5m even in maximum 3months is possible with mélange fish farming.
60,000 fingerlings to be feed with #3,960,000 to attain average weight of 400g will give you a total of 24,000kg (800baf) and a gross return of #10,320,000 if u sell at #430/kg.
Cost of fingerlings and feeding (excluding miscellaneous) amounts to #4,560,000
Profit= #5,760,000

Mr pumppie thank you very much for you analysis, A farmer can achieve more it all boils down to the capital you put in. the more capital the more profit.. What i was trying to point out is the guy should at least give some analysis/shed more light on how to achieve that.. This is a faceless forum anybody can come online and say what he has not achieved before.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
heartbitmi:
i honestly think you should ask questions where necessary or you can as well ignore the comment. i actually requested Mr Ola (pumppie) and mr israel adediran (mr fish) to comment on this issue of whether 5m can be achieved within that space or not, the latter declined for very respectable reasons. both men are contemporaries and my mentor and foremost consultants. my self and many others have benefited greatly from mr ola's melange model which yields over 100% ROI. i think there are more subtle ways of making requests from people you don't just order them or come at them in such a tone just because this is internet. please kindly be mindful that you may not be the best professional in this field observing things on this thread, some don't even make comments. it is my desire to encourage such heavy weights to make comments so as to further grow this thread and help more people. so please if you have questions or need clarifications kindly and politely ask. regards.

Hello sir, nobody is saying it cannot be achieved, it is very achievable.. @ the red bolded yes mr excelsior may not be the best professional but he has taken it upon himself as his advice/input on this thread from inception has assisted fish farmers in Nigeria, sparked the mind of individuals to see the opportunities in fish farming as a whole.. We are not seeking for heavy weights, what we seek are farmers whose experience can bolster other farmers to achieve success.. No man is an island. cheers
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ohamng: 5:44pm On Apr 23, 2016
Pls let things get settled and move on. Don't let the good things spoilt, pls.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
robonski15:

Hello sir, nobody is saying it cannot be achieved, it is very achievable.. @ the red bolded yes mr excelsior may not be the best professional but he has taken it upon himself as his advice/input on this thread from inception has assisted fish farmers in Nigeria, sparked the mind of individuals to see the opportunities in fish farming as a whole.. We are not seeking for heavy weights, what we seek are farmers whose experience can bolster other farmers to achieve success.. No man is an island. cheers
bro i love this thread cos it brings check & balance. indeed no man is an epitome of knowledge or experience. Mr fish, i know because i had been to his shop towards gowon/iyana ipaja & had been to his farm when dynamo farms was my client(before lack of integrity affected them). God is d best, i learn from everybody & had learnt from u too. Let all the good work continue, such things don't deter me from doing what is right.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
ohamng:
Pls let things get settled and move on. Don't let the good things spoilt, pls.
Nothing to settle, just chit chat that would bring the best to all. It makes d thread stronger & assist in checkmating any that would want to affect d good work that many Nigerians & foreigners are enjoying. I still commend d op & many others that had/is keeping this thread alive through thick & thin. It is just water under d bridge. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hello great farmers, if you have fishes (melange and table size) for sale within Lagos and ogun state kindly contact me Asap. Thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2016
Businesstools:

You can search for Ab1x feed formulation on this thread, it includes broiler starter and soya..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnwal: 11:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
robonski15:

I am proud of you.

Do you have any material on start up in small scale
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by 3276reliance: 7:42am On Apr 24, 2016
Introducing a water pump that works 24/7 without electricity or fuel. Check my thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/3044126/introducing-water-pump-works-24
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by heartbitmi: 9:56am On Apr 24, 2016
robonski15:

Indeed, ‘To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge’. Socrates….indeed no man is an island of knowledge OP as u have noted. And I have not in any way challenged the works or contributions of anyone on this thread for everyone is benefiting. In a clear statement that all can understand, you have highlighted the reason for explicit elaboration of facts we present here and it is noted. On heavy weights, are they not humans or not prone to errors too? It’s obvious the point I’m making is not clear I may say, and honestly I am not in any position to coax any to see my point as suggested. Please let’s forge ahead to other important matters….regards.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ifedayour007(m): 10:26am On Apr 24, 2016
ab1x:

I love your question. Like my oga at the top adviced earlier, Robonski; you need to know the source of ur fingerlins.

You need to make use of coppens at least for 1 and a half month

After which you switch over to local feeds(2mm size). Here is the formula that I used in my farm and I can confirm to you authoritatively that I can boast of fish weighing between 2KG to 2.5KG within four months, 1 week.

FM (Danish) 72% 40
Toasted Soya 20
GNC 20
Indomie or biscuit 20
Premix 1
Lysine 1
Vit C 200grams
DCP 1
Molasis 10
Floxinor 1
Salt 1

Sorry, I don't use maize, cassava flake, koko garri, Wheat offal, rice meal, pKC or what have u.

I used the above formula for 3 and half month after which I change to;

FM (local) 20
Broiler starter 50
GNC 40
TS 40
Flour 30
Indomie 20
Premix 1
Lysine 1
Vit C 150grams
Salt 1
Molasis 10
Floxinor 1

Please note that floxinor is just a kind of antibiotics to prevent them from illness or sicknss so to say.

You must also avoid excess salt because it will reduce the weight of fish since salt itself is medicinal in nature.

Above all, stop using short cut in rearing fish otherwise u will see short cut at selling point. Use the right formula and see the power of right formula. Just my two cents.

@ab1x thanks for sharing this. Please which of the broiler starter(product) you use? And please how authentic is this formula, cause someone is about to start using it. Plz reply. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ifedayour007(m): 10:42am On Apr 24, 2016
aquatic1:

As you have said the method you are conversant about is removing the male sperm, and stitch it back, and the male will eventually die, try and come for the seminar to have full knowledge about it, no need of removing the sperm, the male won't die, and the chance of getting more sperm is large.

@aquatic1 please when is your next seminar and when?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 11:45am On Apr 24, 2016
Ifedayour007:

@ab1x thanks for sharing this. Please which of the broiler starter(product) you use? And please how authentic is this formula, cause someone is about to start using it. Plz reply. Thanks.

Use the starter.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by remros2: 11:52am On Apr 24, 2016
retin01:
I bought post fingerling and 1.8 mm durante it lasted for about 2weeks , 2mm durante 2bags it lasted for about a month, 3mm durante 2bags and I now switch to motifeed 4mm 3bags, motifeed 6mm 12bags, motifeed 9mm about 14bags. but all d bags is about 33bags which is about 500kg feeds. and I just finish drying some of d fish, am a novice like u oooh
@retin01 well done bro. how many post fingerlings did u stock pls?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ifedayour007(m): 1:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
ab1x:

Use the starter.

Which of the starter please? Top feed? Vital? Or any?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 1:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ifedayour007:

Which of the starter please? Top feed? Vital? Or any?

Top feed is fine
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
Today I will like to warn us all here from falling victim of fraud, alot has been happening lately and some farmers hav been defraud of their hard earned money by some ppl they trust here thru sales of seed and feed. Don't be deceived by face or sweet mouth find out about the company before parting with your money. In a sad mood as I drop dis little piece because some of my fellows are been hurt by ppl they became loyal to cos they were giving dem cheap solutions to challenges on their farm..... farmers open ur eyes n ears.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
chilanfarms:
Today I will like to warn us all here from falling victim of fraud, alot has been happening lately and some farmers hav been defraud of their hard earned money by some ppl they trust here thru sales of seed and feed. Don't be deceived by face or sweet mouth find out about the company before parting with your money. In a sad mood as I drop dis little piece because some of my fellows are been hurt by ppl they became loyal to cos they were giving dem cheap solutions to challenges on their farm..... farmers open ur eyes n ears.
There's no need to hide them pls, pls post them. That way, we know it isn't just a post my brother.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
My advice to all aspiring fishfarmers, pls do not be trick by words or even by claims.Also to awake our common sense,some individuals might even have multiple accounts.I had in my short time seen a few things & i would like to mention two. That a service is expensive doesn't make it good & that a service is cheap doesn't make it bad. Preferable you ask for a referral on whosoever service you solicit or plan to solicit.I had been to a farm that N30m was spent & nothing to show/gain,the massive dam i once posted is d farm.And it was a consultant that did it. I wont condemn any because I am not a judge and it is only wisdom to hear from all parties where there is disagreement before even saying anything worthwhile.My little advice to consultant, be careful.Why? dynamo farms i mentioned was the foremost fishfarm at a time & major training center that people come around the nation to learn from,the question is where are they today?this is a player that could advertise in two pages of guardian newspaper every week(EVERY WEEK), minimum at least a page. lack of integrity killed that wonderful vision & business.if u have been around,u will know them then.In conclusion,lets be wise, God will bless our good efforts and endeavor

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
Anybody that refuse a visit to his o her farm is a graud star becos it won't cost the farm a dime unless they have something to hide. Anybody that refused to show u their factory and they want to sell u feed will only send u rubbish and give a million reasons why your fish did not grow. Who ever is buying ready made local feed should buy little and test it for quality at animal care for authenticity. U have all been warned. We have criminals among us who only care about their pocket, not caring about who get burned.
And finally, d great minds we once had have sold their conscience becos of peanut they are paying them. What a shame

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:20pm On Apr 24, 2016
pls lets know what is happening, in plain words. Lets hear it in plain words & not parable.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Saf999(f): 10:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
Thanx for the reply am very grateful
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
Saf999:
Thanx for the reply am very grateful
Thank God, I wish you all the best
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:12pm On Apr 24, 2016
stonedigital:
Anybody that refuse a visit to his o her farm is a graud star becos it won't cost the farm a dime unless they have something to hide. Anybody that refused to show u their factory and they want to sell u feed will only send u rubbish and give a million reasons why your fish did not grow. Who ever is buying ready made local feed should buy little and test it for quality at animal care for authenticity. U have all been warned. We have criminals among us who only care about their pocket, not caring about who get burned.
And finally, d great minds we once had have sold their conscience becos of peanut they are paying them. What a shame
brother it interest me to know what went down. pardon be, but I like to know what happen and I also believe some would appreciate it too. Maybe it was an oversight or whatever, lets know. I also encourage that feeds be tested when in doubt.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by phunkey101: 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ttalk:
Good afternoon my people, i just want to use this medium to thank selfless member of this forum who have been generous with information to young catfish farmers and i have been tutored by so many of you despite being far apart but your advise has been the light that illuminate the darkness world of fish farming.

One of my resolution to produce 50% of my feed by myself this year [2016] has been achieved with the designing of a locally produced grinding and pelletising machine that i now use to produce my rich pelletised feed. The 2 in 1 diesel machine uses one motor to drive the grinding as well as the pelletising machine and it has been very efficient.

My thanks goes to our professor in feed formulation, our amiable Ab1x for his contribution and advice on feed formula. I am very proud to announce that my 2mm feed with 40% fishmeal, 45% animal protein and 54.7 crude protein is less expensive compare to coppens 2mm. It is an eye opener that our local feeds if well formulated is far richer than the so called foreign feeds.

Mr Robonski, Soft777, Oga excellesoir, Chilanfarm, Komakan, Phemmy, Mecylicious, Billy and my respectable Nuvemberz, you are wonderful people, you have driven the passion to take calculated risk into our lives and we would not disappoint you.

Thank you all

Please what is ur current location and hw much did it cost you to install
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 11:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
[quote author=excelsiorfarm post=45012748] brother it interest me to know what went down. pardon be, but I like to know what happen and I also believe some would appreciate it too. Maybe it was an oversight or whatever, lets know. I also encourage that feeds be tested when in doubt. [/quote
I will come out clean by tomorrow. Am not afraid of anybody so long am clean, what ever they do won't affect me spiritually won't affect me in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:02am On Apr 25, 2016
[quote author=stonedigital post=45013461][/quote] though i don't know what all this is about, i would go & rest, DV no evil shall happen to any. lets know the issues & see how wisdom can be given or things corrected/resolve. good night & God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 8:58am On Apr 25, 2016
phunkey101:

Please what is ur current location and hw much did it cost you to install

My location is Abuja but it was designed in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.