Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1500231 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayosat(m): 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
merry Christmas in advance to you all. i just arrived from redemption camp, and boy i m tired. I hope u all went to overflow on your business too cos we need God e. complement of the season all.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
yemiakeem: Pls ppl i nid hep wit dis pg tin, at first it wasnt easy gettin a chemist dat has but eventually got one dat does, i was given a small bottle which was labelled wit a photocopied paper which reads ''potassium permanganate B.P made in france'' wen opened i found a black powdery substance of 5ml. My quest is hw do i recognise it n hw much it is sold cus i bought dis at #150

That's the way it is. They sell it for 120 naira per one.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem: 6:33am On Dec 15, 2013
ab1x:

thanks big bro, i appreciate.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ijobaorun(m): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2013
ab1x:

morning bros, pls can weather (cold) affect fishes not to eat well or what can cause such? I noticed yesterday nd dis morni dat they are not coming for feed as usual.
Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ijobaorun:
morning bros, pls can weather (cold) affect fishes not to eat well or what can cause such? I noticed yesterday nd dis morni dat they are not coming for feed as usual.
Thanks.

I noticed that too. Weather condition can of course have a great influence on the fish eating habit all other things being equal. You've nothing to worry about. Just ensure that their water is always clean and you feed them regularly. In due time, they will starting again.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ijobaorun(m): 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2013
ab1x:

I noticed that too. Weather condition can of course have a great influence on the fish eating habit all other things being equal. You've nothing to worry about. Just ensure that their water is always clean and you feed them regularly. In due time, they will starting again.
But how can I achieve regular clean water using earthen pond? If I am adding new water regularly, hope its okay.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ijobaorun:
Thanks.
yes, fishes eat less in cold weather & if extreme,they wont eat
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Juliana7: 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
Excelsiorfarm, Ab1x, Robonski and other contributors to this thread, you guys ROCK! Pls anybody with table size catfish(from 1kg and above)for sale in lagos pls. Contact thru 07036429533, 08057870227 or email@ phrazefarms@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ijobaorun(m): 7:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
excelsiorfarm: yes, fishes eat less in cold weather & if extreme,they wont eat
Thanks. Its true, they came out better in d afternun.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 5:27am On Dec 17, 2013
Ijobaorun: .
But how can I achieve regular clean water using earthen pond? If I am adding new water regularly, hope its okay.

It depends on the type of pond you're using for instance if it is flow through method, you don't need to change water till the very last day. However if it is the stagnant one, you need to change their water every two weeks and also pump fresh water on them once in a while. The bottom line is fresh water makes fish eat more, stay healthy and avoid unnecessary sickness which hitherto saves cost.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dremark2613(m): 5:31am On Dec 17, 2013
buy and stock up while these offers last.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 6:07am On Dec 17, 2013
Juliana7: Excelsiorfarm, Ab1x, Robonski and other contributors to this thread, you guys ROCK! Pls anybody with table size catfish(from 1kg and above)for sale in lagos pls. Contact thru 07036429533, 08057870227 or email@ phrazefarms@gmail.com

Thanks. If you can come down to Ijebu Ode, Ogun State. I presently have stock that I want to get rid of. They are all 1KG above and between happy Xmas in advance.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TopeMel(f): 11:35am On Dec 17, 2013
Dear Farmers,

Can anyone help with a comprehensive feasibility study pack for Catfish?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
TopeMel: Dear Farmers,

Can anyone help with a comprehensive feasibility study pack for Catfish?
let MrExcelsior see to that
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Juliana7: 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
@Ab1x. Pls sir as regard the sells (our catfish) furnish me withyour phone number and email address. Merry christmas and happy new in advance to u
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 6:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
Juliana7: @Ab1x. Pls sir as regard the sells (our catfish) furnish me withyour phone number and email address. Merry christmas and happy new in advance to u

My cell number is on my handle. You can call me anytime. I still have over a ton in the pond. Some people came from Lagos today to buy 600KG. Contact me asap pls.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
saheed':
let MrExcelsior see to that
let him present is target, it can only be a summary i can give to him
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
ab1x:

It depends on the type of pond you're using for instance if it is flow through method, you don't need to change water till the very last day. However if it is the stagnant one, you need to change their water every two weeks and also pump fresh water on them once in a while. The bottom line is fresh water makes fish eat more, stay healthy and avoid unnecessary sickness which hitherto saves cost.
oga mi sir, pls i need ur help ooo i have quoted u several times u dnt respond, sir i need assistance inform of loan or feed pls my fish is just two month old, is my cooperative dat bleeped me up, they didnt gv me the require amount i requested for if not i will not hav any problem pls try ur best for me, my farm is located at ikangba ijebu ode, pls u can come and inspect it, help a brother pls. Tanx Sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by FirstPrinciple(m): 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
Aleshyto: oga mi sir, pls i need ur help ooo i have quoted u several times u dnt respond, sir i need assistance inform of loan or feed pls my fish is just two month old, is my cooperative dat bleeped me up, they didnt gv me the require amount i requested for if not i will not hav any problem pls try ur best for me, my farm is located at ikangba ijebu ode, pls u can come and inspect it, help a brother pls. Tanx Sir.
lets partner i was planning on coming over to tht area to start mine but my frnd over told me that there is no pond available presently for rent . i know ikangba .... after seico
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by FirstPrinciple(m): 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
^^^ or is ur farm located in agoro farm?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cross234(m): 12:38am On Dec 18, 2013
Hello am Fatai by name am new to catfish farm and presently am raising
1000 fingerlines they are 22 days from stocking today and i want to
raise them to table size like 0.5kg but am having serious problem on
the quantity of feed that i will be giving them and is it two or three
time a day i should be giving them. am currently using Multi-feed so
please i need your help on this my worries:
1) Quantity of feed that i should be giving to 1000

2) How many time should i be feeding them per day

3) Which type of the different feeds out there can you advice me to me using.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lagbaja(m): 6:12am On Dec 18, 2013
First Principle: ^^^ or is ur farm located in agoro farm?

Feed them 6% of their body weight. You can project their body weight from average weight. Ensure they are eating otherwise you are polluting the water. Another method is to spot feed.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:12am On Dec 18, 2013
cross234: Hello am Fatai by name am new to catfish farm and presently am raising

Thank you so much
feed they btw 4-6 % totally body weight daily,overfeeding brings pollution,diseases and death, if u want to increase a bit,make sure your are doing flowthru(good/clean water mgt),divide d feed to two or three times depending on water mgt,NOTE- we are in cold season,they will respond better in warm water & oxygen is generally low in d morning,except u are doing flowthru/using aerator,concerning feed,water mgt & temp plays a key role to result
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 8:35am On Dec 18, 2013
First Principle: lets partner i was planning on coming over to tht area to start mine but my frnd over told me that there is no pond available presently for rent . i know ikangba .... after seico
let me find out if there is pond availability, me i dey ikangba powerline
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by FirstPrinciple(m): 9:28am On Dec 18, 2013
Aleshyto: let me find out if there is pond availability, me i dey ikangba powerline
ok thanks i would realy appreciate
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Aleshyto: oga mi sir, pls i need ur help ooo i have quoted u several times u dnt respond, sir i need assistance inform of loan or feed pls my fish is just two month old, is my cooperative dat bleeped me up, they didnt gv me the require amount i requested for if not i will not hav any problem pls try ur best for me, my farm is located at ikangba ijebu ode, pls u can come and inspect it, help a brother pls. Tanx Sir.

I'm sure that there will be people willing to render assistance to you at Ikangba. I know there are a lot people there. Please do talk with people in your farm to see if they can be of help or if that does not work, then go to where u make local feeds before am sure they will be willing to give the feeds to you on credit. That's the way things are run.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
First Principle: lets partner i was planning on coming over to tht area to start mine but my frnd over told me that there is no pond available presently for rent . i know ikangba .... after seico

I have ponds if you are willing to buy or rent. One is at Odoyanta at Irewon and the other one is at IWORO around Ogbogbo area also in Ijebu Ode. You can check my handle for my cell number(s).
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
cross234: Hello am Fatai by name am new to catfish farm and presently am raising

Thank you so much

You're welcome on board. My take is there is no specific amount of feeds that I can recommend for your fish. While 1000pieces of fish that are at age can eat 2mm 15KG for 4 days, another 1000 pieces else where can eat 2mm 15KG for 5days or more. It all depends on the way you manage your farm. Please ensure their water is clean at all times, make use of on a spot feeding technique and also take time to feed them very well without pouring the feeds into the water any how, when they are okay with the feeds they will naturally leave the spot while some fish can still stay on the spot and there is nothing you can do to make them scatter but you need to observe their mouth and the feeds to be able to determine if they are picking it. I'll advise you feed them twice in a day that is morning & evening. Forn ow, coppens is still the best so I will advise you to get that. At this stage, they should be eating 2mm now. Hope that helps ?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
ab1x:

I'm sure that there will be people willing to render assistance to you at Ikangba. I know there are a lot people there. Please do talk with people in your farm to see if they can be of help or if that does not work, then go to where u make local feeds before am sure they will be willing to give the feeds to you on credit. That's the way things are run.
sir im new in dat place for now but i hv 50k left with me, i went to d manager of the feed mill today but i culdnt c him cos he is not available but i will book an appointment with him tomorrow, i will let u knw d outcome, tanx for ur concerns
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by FirstPrinciple(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
ab1x:

I have ponds if you are willing to buy or rent. One is at Odoyanta at Irewon and the other one is at IWORO around Ogbogbo area also in Ijebu Ode. You can check my handle for my cell number(s).
ok thanks! how much do dey go for in terms of rent , what type of pond are they and how many fish can they contain
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
HELLO HOUSE. PLEASE I DIRECT THESE QUESTIONS TO OUR LEARNED TEACHERS SUCH AS ROBONSKI, EXCELSIOR, ABX ETC

PLEASE HOW CAN I CONSTRUCT A HATCHERY USING 1000 LITRES AQUATIC WHITE TANK?

WHATS THE CHEAPEST MODE OF HOUSING THAT I CAN USE FOR THE HATCHERY

WHICH IS BETTER TO USE A FLOW-THROW SYSYTEM OR RE-CIRCULATIORY SYSYTEM?

HOW MANY FRIERS/FINGERLINGS CAN TWO 1000 LITRES AQUATIC TANKS CONTAIN?

WHATS THE ESTIMATE FOR CONSTRUCTION OF A STANDARD HATECHERY BASED ON THE REQUIREMENTS I STATED ABOVE?

HOW MUCH WILL IT COST ME TO CONSTRUCT IT AND MOST IMPORTANTLY CAN I CONSTRUCT IT ON MY OWN?

WHAT QUANTITY OF LIVESTOVIT CAN I APPLY IN A 1000LITRES PLASTIC TANK AND HOW CAN I APPLY IT SUCCESSFULLY?

PLEASE YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE WILL BE HIGHLY TREASURED. THANKS

PLEASE YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE WILL BE
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
PLEASE CAN THE LEARNED TEACHERS ALSO GIVE ME INFORMATION ON THE NEAREST CO-OERATIVE SOCIETY IN PORT HARCOURT/ SOUTH SOUTH REGION

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS AND REQUIREMENTS OF JOINING CAFAN ESPECIALLY IN THE SOUTH SOUTH

WHERE CAN I BUY TILAPIA FINGERLINGS IN PORT HARCOURT.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL. YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.