Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1494427 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2013
excelsiorfarm: those bro that we come from same country are always perfecting counterfeit,hence since u aint buying bags,go to reputable distributor,but what many fail to know is this feed are brought in low quantity & easily expire,hence many buy expired feeds.it is wise to check label of open ones,also if u can afford it,buy d plastics or sealed bag of 5Kg.i use raanan.n
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:12am On Dec 04, 2013
excelsiorfarm: those bro that we come from same country are always perfecting counterfeit,hence since u aint buying bags,go to reputable distributor,but what many fail to know is this feed are brought in low quantity & easily expire,hence many buy expired feeds.it is wise to check label of open ones,also if u can afford it,buy d plastics or sealed bag of 5Kg.i use raanan.n
ote coppens has v strong fish aroma,gd oil content,but times are changing
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Oga excelsior,how good and reliable are Ranaan Feeds?though i know they are made by Israelis,and Israelis are known for thier scientific innovations.I need further clarifications.Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by doubleportion: 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
Thanks to all for your contributions! for locating a good distributor I should be at a saver's side at Abbatoir
@ excesiorfarm, I will consider 5kg after this time, it's insightful for me to know that early expiration of those feed could have a deadly influence.

@roboski,u may not know how helpful your advice meant to me, I will follow it to the letter thanks!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nne4(f): 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
Good evening my ogas at d top.
I sold my fishes last week and i thank God for everything.
Pls if i buy 5000 fingerlins and feed them for two months can i make profit.
Pls i need advice o
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
nne4: Good evening my ogas at d top.
Pls i need advice o

Wow that's wonderful... U have to raise them for three months from fingerlings stage to get to melange stage(300grms to 350 grm) before u sell them off... Note that you can't buy fingerlings and raise them for three months to make a reasonable profit.. U have to hatch them urself!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nne4(f): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2013
robonski15:

Wow that's wonderful... U have to raise them for three months from fingerlings stage to get to melange stage(300grms to 350 grm) before u sell them off... Note that you can't buy fingerlings and raise them for three months to make a reasonable profit.. U have to hatch them urself!!!
ok thanks,i can't hatch now bc of d stress maybe i will buy fingerlins and feed them to table size.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:21pm On Dec 04, 2013
nne4: Good evening my ogas at d top.
Pls i need advice o
congrats, greater testimonies shall come,low profit,better u allow yr fishes have gd weight,so no one gives u rubbish pricing
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
TOKUGAWA: Oga excelsior,how good and reliable are Ranaan Feeds?though i know they are made by Israelis,and Israelis are known for thier scientific innovations.I need further clarifications.Thanks.
raanan is good & cheaper
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nne4(f): 4:50am On Dec 05, 2013
excelsiorfarm: congrats, greater testimonies shall come,low profit,better u allow yr fishes have gd weight,so no one gives u rubbish pricing
Thank you sir,l will feed my next stock to table size (4 Months) to maximize my profit.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Xone3(f): 8:05am On Dec 05, 2013
Morning, pls i need a rough estimate of how much can feed 10000 fishes with the use of coppens feed bought from the distributors at a reduced price. And how many fishes can be stocked to growout stage in an earthen pond of 60 by 40 with depth of 4ft to 5ft. Thanks
you can send a mail to: bisxone@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lexy91: 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
Please i need good breed of Tilapia to buy, i will appreciate call on 08138619689.

Meanwhile, we have fingerlings, Juveniles and Brood stock for sales.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cachiskky(f): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2013
pls house i still want to know the quantity or litre of livestovit to measure into my earthen pond 9 by 7 4ft for those that said its better to pour into the pond than to mix in their feed.
please help me out

Oga Robonski, oga Excellsor, others pls advice
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem: 4:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
Is it true dat fg is given out juvenilles and feed through GES
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
yemiakeem: Is it true dat fg is given out juvenilles and feed through GES
which one is GES again? @Excelsior,is Ranaan 2mm as tiny as Coppens?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2013
yemiakeem: Is it true dat fg is given out juvenilles and feed through GES

Very true... The federal government was giving out 5 bags of feed and free fingerlings at a subsidized rate through cooperatives for registered farmers... But it has ended some weeks back.. I collected some feed myself but didn't collect the free fingerlings..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
TOKUGAWA: which one is GES again? @Excelsior,is Ranaan 2mm as tiny as Coppens?
coppens should be d most tiny of them all,i suppose
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by samshoz(m): 10:30am On Dec 06, 2013
robonski15:

Very true... The federal government was giving out 5 bags of feed and free fingerlings at a subsidized rate through cooperatives for registered farmers... But it has ended some weeks back.. I collected some feed myself but didn't collect the free fingerlings..
Seconded, i reported my experience of it at Devine cooperative which mod here is a member.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Hello farmers in the house... My fish are no more eating very well as I would expect them to eat. They are in the fourth month, any momoent from 20(h upward I will sell them. I want them to eat as never before please I need ur help. Mr Excelsior, oga Robonski, abx1 and the great members of this house I requirs ur help.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Jfactor(m): 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
ges means 'growth enhancement scheme' and we are expectin it in delta very soon. so farmers go and form cooperatives in all agric. enterprises...

'neen for oga seun to create agriculture section in nairaland'

if u want the agricultural transformation to reach millions of young energetic and enterpreneurial youths across the globe, so we can empower ur hands wt 'where, how, when, why and whom' on agricultural re-evolution currently going on in nigeria, so we can increase the focus of sustainable development in food sufficiency at present anf for the future.....
pls pls like or make ur contribution for oga seun to CREATE agric section.

also i pray dt robonski or excelsior be the 'super mods'- those guys are too much on fish matters
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Jfactor(m): 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
ges means 'growth enhancement scheme' and we are expectin it in aquaculture in delta very soon. so farmers go and form cooperatives in all agric. enterprises...

if u want the agricultural transformation to reach millions of young energetic and enterpreneurial youths across the globe, so we can empower ur hands wt 'where, how, when, why and whom' on agricultural re-evolution currently going on in nigeria, so we can increase the focus of sustainable development in food sufficiency at present anf for the future.....

also i pray dt robonski or excelsior be the 'super mods'- those guys are too much on fish matters
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by samshoz(m): 2:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
Jfactor: ges means 'growth enhancement scheme' and we are expectin it in delta very soon. so farmers go and form cooperatives in all agric. enterprises...

True that! Robonski and Excelsior being 'mods' part.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cachiskky(f): 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
i can see wound on the back of my fish. nine of them died as at yesterday but after applying fish biotic and salt, just one died as at today and they are eating very well. now i want to change the water and introduce a fresh water. please is there anything else i should do. please help!!!
also i was advised that it is better i pour livestovit inside my pond instead of mixing in their feed, pls tell me how to measure it in a 9 by 7 3ft earthern pond.
prompt answer needed please @excelsior n others
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
cachiskky: i can see wound on the back of my fish. nine of them died as at yesterday but after applying fish biotic and salt, just one died as at today and they are eating very well. now i want to change the water and introduce a fresh water. please is there anything else i should do. please help!!!
also i was advised that it is better i pour livestovit inside my pond instead of mixing in their feed, pls tell me how to measure it in a 9 by 7 3ft earthern pond.

Since u have treated them already u don't need to add any other thing except the livestovit... The measurement of the livesovit Is clearly written on the leaflet.. If not u can measure a quarter and add to your pond...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2013
cachiskky: i can see wound on the back of my fish. nine of them died as at yesterday but after applying fish biotic and salt, just one died as at today and they are eating very well. now i want to change the water and introduce a fresh water. please is there anything else i should do. please help!!!
use livestovit as deem affordable to u, note u have to feed them,for d wound,check if not overstock also,parasite mostly
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chimajii: 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
@OP it's a nice Read...though i'd pardon U for a few blunders & typos.lol....i got a neighbour who started it...and he has no deep idea bout it....i think i over heard him say while he ws trying to transfer them from one GP tank 2 another.....bout 40 died *tho they were still really young*....blah blah blah.....i jst hope he is doing the right tin....also..i went to look at 'em and some are really gettin bigger than others ....U knw...tho they all getting big...bt u cud still see little 1s...*ds reminds me of what i read 4rm ur post bout...SORTING*...he changes d water every 3days...i think they shud be about a month+ old...he still feeds them 3 tyms daily...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chimajii: 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
as regards what u said bout runts and them being kind of white-ish....ds guys tin...they not all that black in colour....and they got big heads...*dnt knw if it is proportionate to dia body*
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:27am On Dec 07, 2013
chimajii: @OP it's a nice Read...though i'd pardon U for a few blunders & typos.lol....i got a neighbour who started it...and he has no deep idea bout it....i think i over heard him say while he ws trying to transfer them from one GP tank 2 another.....bout 40 died *tho they were still really young*....blah blah blah.....i jst hope he is doing the right tin....also..i went to look at 'em and some are really gettin bigger than others ....U knw...tho they all getting big...bt u cud still see little 1s...*ds reminds me of what i read 4rm ur post bout...SORTING*...he changes d water every 3days...i think they shud be about a month+ old...he still feeds them 3 tyms daily...

You can assist your neighbour by telling him about this thread so he can ask questions and gather knowledge.. He may not be doing the right thing.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:45am On Dec 07, 2013
chimajii: @OP it's a nice Read...though i'd pardon U for a few blunders & typos.lol....i got a neighbour who started it...and he has no deep idea bout it....i think i over heard him say while he ws trying to transfer them from one GP tank 2 another.....bout 40 died *tho they were still really young*....blah blah blah.....i jst hope he is doing the right tin....also..i went to look at 'em and some are really gettin bigger than others ....U knw...tho they all getting big...bt u cud still see little 1s...*ds reminds me of what i read 4rm ur post bout...SORTING*...he changes d water every 3days...i think they shud be about a month+ old...he still feeds them 3 tyms daily...

Bro, You can assist your neighbour by telling him about this thread so he can read write ups ask questions and gather knowledge.. He may not be doing the right thing.. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
Pls why is every body avoiding my question. Pls I need ur help.

Cheers!!!
saheed':
Hello farmers in the house... My fish are no more eating very well as I would expect them to eat. They are in the fourth month, any momoent from 20(h upward I will sell them. I want them to eat as never before please I need ur help. Mr Excelsior, oga Robonski, abx1 and the great members of this house I requirs ur help.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
saheed':

Cheers!!!
i dont think anyone is avoiding your question. I guess u are interested in weight gain, u need a drug that would aid FCR,aquapro & livestovit will assist,note no magic about it,if yr fishes are 600gram & u expect to hit 1kg in 17 days,u could have starter earlier, clean water will aid better eating rate in fishes,use of aerators too
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayosat(m): 10:29pm On Dec 07, 2013
saheed':

Cheers!!!
excelsiorfarm: i dont think anyone is avoiding your question. I guess u are interested in weight gain, u need a drug that would aid FCR,aquapro & livestovit will assist,note no magic about it,if yr fishes are 600gram & u expect to hit 1kg in 17 days,u could have starter earlier, clean water will aid better eating rate in fishes,use of aerators too
saheed':

Cheers!!!
Gbam... Excelsiorfarm has said it all. As long as the fish are not sick, good multivitamin like livestovit plus clean water will do the trick.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.