Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1494781 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 1:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
@cachiskky

Some fish at that age may be eating local while some maybe eating floating feeds. Whichever the case, try and get the following item: tetracycline, procaine(to heal the wound on their body) and Vit c(yellow type).

Ground the vitc and mix it with tet and procaine after which you mix it with their feeds with vegetable oil and spread it under the sun to make it dry.

Give them after two days later.

NB: after treating them with the first method, do not feed them for two days.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
robonski15:

Pls don't u ever give up.. Mozek24 experience with hatching is even good compared to mine.. I had a very bad experience during my earlier days with hatching.. I did all sort of tins, I will spawn sometimes all the eggs will be white another will hatch but they will all die etc..

I was just hatching and flopping but all the while I was learning from every flop.. The money I spent on brood stock alone was enuf to set up a small farm grin..
Myself and someone on the thread has been thru a lot on the spawning process.. There was a time this same person spawned in his BATH THUB just to be closer to the fries but it all ended in a fiasco..

I also contacted someone who is a follower of this thread back in 2010 who sold brood stock for me twice without the males having no sperm sack..maybe he has used the male and he sew back the stomach and also cheated me of my hard earned cash with buying of this and that, I left him for good but just recently his bad deeds was revealed... I can go on and on abt my experiences..

So what am saying in essence is that u don't have to give up, keep trying and learn from ur mistakes.. Just imagine that I quitted back then..
abt d impotent brood stocks,are u talking abt Aquatic?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:05am On Dec 11, 2013
mickyfish: Oga robonski, excelsoirfarm n others I want 2 use this medium 2 say more pawers 2 ur elbows 4 all u guys r doing, thousands of nigerians r benefiting 4rm dis tread including mysef n anyone who wants 2 cuz confusion here God 'll expose their evil act, thank u all n God bless u all.

A BIG AMEN!!! Thank u bro..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:07am On Dec 11, 2013
TOKUGAWA: abt d impotent brood stocks,are u talking abt Aquatic?

Its audible to the deaf and visible to the blind..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ribaman(m): 10:25am On Dec 11, 2013
robonski15:

My fries are 4 weeks and two days old.. I sell my fingerlings at 8 weeks and juvenile at 12 weeks.. It also depends on how fast they grow!!!

I wish I could lay my hands on some of your shooters, problem is I dey up country.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 5:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
please help me oooo my farm is located at ijebu ode, my cooperative bleeped me up pls i need financial assistance or feed, my fish are two months pls help me ooo, eyin naa oo ni je gbese ooo
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
Aleshyto: please help me oooo my farm is located at ijebu ode, my cooperative bleeped me up pls i need financial assistance or feed, my fish are two months pls help me ooo, eyin naa oo ni je gbese ooo

How many fishes do you have and how long do you wanna feed them . . What is needed and how would the investor be paid or what guarantee the investor's money back with profit?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

How many fishes do you have and how long do you wanna feed them . . What is needed and how would the investor be paid or what guarantee the investor's money back with profit?
agricbiz is good,but a good investor will assess reality and must be ready to share responsibility i.e profit or loss
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
excelsiorfarm: agricbiz is good,but a good investor will assess reality and must be ready to share responsible i.e profit or loss

shocked shocked
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

shocked shocked
na so
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 7:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
excelsiorfarm: na so

I know the feeling, and when i see this about fish business now, i run - i had about 20,000 fishes in the water last year - Cos i was not able to run the business myself and gave to someone else to run, who in turn gave to someone else to run, messed up everything and lost ALL the money . . . But i have so much faith in fish farming that i will do it AGAIN, yes AGAIN, but will pay attention to it myself (Cos i have the feeling we never lost all, but i was told we lost ALL, so someone is living large on my sweat)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I know the feeling, and when i see this about fish business now, i run - i had about 20,000 fishes in the water last year - Cos i was not able to run the business myself and gave to someone else to run, who in turn gave to someone else to run, messed up everything and lost ALL the money . . . But i have so much faith in fish farming that i will do it AGAIN, yes AGAIN, but will pay attention to it myself (Cos i have the feeling we never lost all, but i was told we lost ALL, so someone is living large on my sweat)
for me i cant do any partnership again,except d other fellow is there also,but i stopped partnership forever,d work,weight etc, i bear them
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
excelsiorfarm: for me i cant do any partnership again,except d other fellow is there also,but i stopped partnership forever,d work,weight etc, i bear them

I dont mind to partner with people but i just love when there is trust.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I dont mind to partner with people but i just love when there is trust.
note, i speak for myself, i help a lot of people, when i can & with no string attached, d bro in question, if u can assist,pls do & dont overbundle him to allow focus, most essential is as partners u should help him succeed with marketing,info etc, then u both share d success story
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2013
excelsiorfarm: note, i speak for myself, i help a lot of people, when i can & with no string attached, d bro in question, if u can assist,pls do & dont overbundle him to allow focus, most essential is as partners u should help him succeed with marketing,info etc, then u both share d success story

I would love to help him, but as an investor and not just a brother, but all depends on his answer to my questions
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I would love to help him, but as an investor and not just a brother, but all depends on his answer to my questions
no prob, let him answer your questions & d state of his fishes
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
excelsiorfarm: no prob, let him answer your questions & d state of his fishes

Someone that is really serious would have been back to respond to my questions and concerns . . . Sorry, if i am wrong in my thinking, Where is your own farm and how big is your farm?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Someone that is really serious would have been back to respond to my questions and concerns . . . Sorry, if i am wrong in my thinking, Where is your own farm and how big is your farm?
ibadan, moderate & mobile,lagos own rented out, but i have a mandate to go to ogbomoso(concluded) to assist a big farm(name withhold) that d fishery section is challenged, God help me
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 10:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
excelsiorfarm: ibadan, moderate & mobile,lagos own rented out, but i have a mandate to go to ogbomoso(concluded) to assist a big farm(name uphold) that d fishery section is challenged, God help me

can we talk offline please? Please leave me your number and will call
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
Fhemmmy:

can we talk offline please? Please leave me your number and will call
my numbers are 08035335647 & 08028919405; i dont do partnership, i work,advisory etc
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 11:59am On Dec 12, 2013
Thank you house for the wealth of knowledge shared on this thread. Much kudos to Robonski, Excelsior. Through this thread I worked on catfish rearing. NW I HAVE AVAILABLE FOR SALE CATFISH for Xmas seasoning. Contact me for more details if you want to purchase. My number in my signature and pin.

Oga Robonski, I hope you are ok with me marketing here. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem: 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
Pls ppl i nid hep wit dis pg tin, at first it wasnt easy gettin a chemist dat has but eventually got one dat does, i was given a small bottle which was labelled wit a photocopied paper which reads ''potassium permanganate B.P made in france'' wen opened i found a black powdery substance of 5ml. My quest is hw do i recognise it n hw much it is sold cus i bought dis at #150

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
practicalclass: Thank you house for the wealth of knowledge shared on this thread. Much kudos to Robonski, Excelsior. Through this thread I worked on catfish rearing. NW I HAVE AVAILABLE FOR SALE CATFISH for Xmas seasoning. Contact me for more details if you want to purchase. My number in my signature and pin.

merry christmas in advance
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
practicalclass: Thank you house for the wealth of knowledge shared on this thread. Much kudos to Robonski, Excelsior. Through this thread I worked on catfish rearing. NW I HAVE AVAILABLE FOR SALE CATFISH for Xmas seasoning. Contact me for more details if you want to purchase. My number in my signature and pin.

That's good to know am so happy!!! I will send u a BBM request soonest.. Anybody is free to advertise as I don't own nairaland or this thread..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2013
excelsiorfarm: my numbers are 08035335647 & 08028919405; i dont do partnership, i work,advisory etc

Will be calling you today . . .
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2013
Fhemmmy:

no problem,not night
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Thank u sir for your concerns, sir i have 2000 fishes and currently the feed they are eating will finish today, i want to feed them for four or five months before i harvest them, i just need a facility of inform of loan or feed, pls gv me ur number so that we can talk about inerest or profit, and u must come and know my farm. Tank u sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 5:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
Fhemmmy:

sorry sir not dat i am not serious im on d street since morning to find means but all effort prove abortv, sir pls if its a loan u want to gv me i will gladly abide by ur interest rate, is my cooperatv dat bleeped me up as i said, pls help a brother
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sonety2k(m): 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
cool
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 11:39am On Dec 13, 2013
Fhemmmy:

sir pls reply my msg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem: 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
yemiakeem: Pls ppl i nid hep wit dis pg tin, at first it wasnt easy gettin a chemist dat has but eventually got one dat does, i was given a small bottle which was labelled wit a photocopied paper which reads ''potassium permanganate B.P made in france'' wen opened i found a black powdery substance of 5ml. My quest is hw do i recognise it n hw much it is sold cus i bought dis at #150
is anybody reading this? Pls reply m
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by FirstPrinciple(m): 9:59am On Dec 14, 2013
good morning guy, you guys are doing a wonderful job here. pls i have about 200k with me and i would love to invest it in this business though i stay in lagos.. pls would the capital be enough and how do i start..? thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.