Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

My Short Film Script- PARANOIA - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Short Film Script- PARANOIA (18217 Views)

'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Wildfire - A Short Film Script / Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
I wouldn't say it was great.. Buh I liked the creativity, the concept of the 'IMAGE' really worked for me. I also liked the twist at the end, with the whole dolls and the dog. Buh I felt the description of characters as well as the action description left much to be desired. I also feel the dialogue could be improved, a whole lot. Buh all in all, good job!
I'm also a writer like you and a director.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
wow!,we do have a lot of good directors and actors in this forum,i love the diversity in everyone opinions and the different angle from which they used to dissect this short script,it gives me hope that nigeria movie industry is heading for the top.
kudos to the writer for this brilliant piece,hope to see you at the top.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by iwaters(m): 2:33am On Apr 16, 2013
what u av written is not a film script. no slug lines. no location. no time. a film script is not written this way. talent is not all it takes to write.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 6:51am On Apr 16, 2013
i-waters:
what u av written is not a film script. no slug lines. no location. no time. a film script is not written this way. talent is not all it takes to write.
Gawd! What kind of trash is dis? (Sorry to say).
What does it cost you to say 'oh, I read the story. Bla bla bla but try adding slug lines, then also indicate location and so on...'

You just whined about how it's nt 'qualified' to be cald a script in ur own 'standards'. Nigerians and pull-down syndrome. Smh.

By the way, what nollywood needs to improve now is not sluglines, location or time in their writing,but a sound plot, told in an impressive manner, awesome dialogue and character development.

The script did some of these and that's why it has been commended by many ppl here who probably know more than you do. Did you even bother reading the story co I notice all ur crying was based on how talent is never enough alone?

In the real world, sometimes it is. You sound quite egoistic. Yours is not a criticism, if it is, then it is destructive.

Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 16, 2013
^^^^^^^OMG! Sholay, you don fall hand. You no suppose reply na. I was waiting for NL shii to be over so I can lambast his head. funny enough, i saw its not worth it, but you just gave him importance sad
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by prof800(m): 9:14am On Apr 16, 2013
speedyboi is right.
"you just gave him importance!"
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2013
The guy is funny o! So with such good writing as this; his problem is sluglines?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Swiftboy(m): 3:00am On Aug 09, 2013
I can consider this as a plot to a bigger and expanded story,where the man will later learn about the tragedy that affected FUNMI.Thompson to bring her back to sanity and a happy ending.Nice story!
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 7:19am On Aug 09, 2013
Swiftboy: I can consider this as a plot to a bigger and expanded story,where the man will later learn about the tragedy that affected FUNMI.Thompson to bring her back to sanity and a happy ending.Nice story!
Hmmm....*thinking mode*
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 8:41am On Aug 09, 2013
Swiftboy: I can consider this as a plot to a bigger and expanded story,where the man will later learn about the tragedy that affected FUNMI.Thompson to bring her back to sanity and a happy ending.Nice story!

ANY short you ever watch and any short EVER made CAN be considered as 'part' of a bigger story. So to state the obvious... this doesn't really say anything. Stories are infinite... they can carry on forever without ending because the imagination of man will never end for as long as we exist.

Same goes for every feature film. The thing is to know 'when' & 'how' to end the tale.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 8:45am On Aug 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

ANY short you ever watch and any short EVER made CAN be considered as 'part' of a bigger story. So to state the obvious... this doesn't really say anything. Stories are infinite... they can carry on forever without ending because the imagination of man will never end for as long as we exist.

Same goes for every feature film. The thing is to know 'when' & 'how' to end the tale.
Pls, read mufex's script. I kinda enjoyed it. Let me hear ur opinion.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 9:32am On Aug 09, 2013
sholay2011:
Pls, read mufex's script. I kinda enjoyed it. Let me hear ur opinion.

I read it last night when he posted it but was a bit busy at the time.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 9:34am On Aug 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

I read it last night when he posted it but was a bit busy at the time.
Okay.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by mufex(m): 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
Meh, i am speechless...the idea is original, and so surreal. I just love the ending..it gives different interpretations to the script.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by allandutch: 11:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pdf format of the script would be great.....
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by prof800(m): 6:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
Okay i just saw a movie 'Paranoia'.
Someone has stolen your title or did you sell it out ni..?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
prof800: Okay i just saw a movie 'Paranoia'.
Someone has stolen your title or did you sell it out ni..?
Lolz....Prof oh grin. Well, my title must have been "stolen". wink

But I am sure the plot won't be the same. I appreciate your concern sir. smiley
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by UjSizzle(f): 12:57am On Sep 09, 2013
Very good script Sholay...precise, creative, cool twists n turn..kept my mind busy all the way and has depth. Depth. That's something not often seen in nollywood..well hollywood too.
Great job.

Have u done any extra work on it?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 1:08am On Sep 09, 2013
uj_sizzle: Very good script Sholay...precise, creative, cool twists n turn..kept my mind busy all the way and has depth. Depth. That's something not often seen in nollywood..well hollywood too.
Great job.

Have u done any extra work on it?
Thanks dear. I appreciate. cheesy Just thought of properly writing it as a screenplay recently. Or what do you mean by extra work pls?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by prof800(m): 2:40am On Sep 09, 2013
@sholay have you started using the Finaldraft..?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 8:27am On Sep 09, 2013
prof800: @sholay have you started using the Finaldraft..?
No sir. I know I've been quite lazy abt it. E forijimi. Wud go to cafe wiv my system to download wat u sent. I've always used my phone for internet stuff and nairaland sef...but na system fit do dis one. I would then screenplay this short film script properly. wink

Tnx for ur care bro and God bless you.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by prof800(m): 9:44am On Sep 09, 2013
sholay2011:

Tnx for ur care bro and God bless you.
No wahala...we are forgether...

And that 'Paranoia' movie starring Harrison Ford doesn't follow your storyline, so like you said, "the plots are not the same."

Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by UjSizzle(f): 10:34am On Sep 09, 2013
sholay2011:
Thanks dear. I appreciate. cheesy Just thought of properly writing it as a screenplay recently. Or what do you mean by extra work pls?

You're welcome.
You've already answered the question, don't sweat it smiley

Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 10:48am On Sep 09, 2013
Lol@ujsizzle....

@Villageboi I see you oh!
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
sholay2011:
@Villageboi I see you oh!

Nothing spoil... I don get my email fixed. It was a bit annoying though so here is an apology!
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by sholay2011(m): 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

Nothing spoil... I don get my email fixed. It was a bit annoying though so here is an apology!
Oh...I guessed so too. No problem. smiley
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
Villageboi. Was ur email hacked into or something? I just received a 'funny' mail. Is it from you?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
speedyboi: Villageboi. Was ur email hacked into or something? I just received a 'funny' mail. Is it from you?

Yes it was hacked... it's been fixed now.
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
VillageBoi:

Wao! So you be celebrity for someone to start hacking your mail grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I hope this stops you from posting your mail everywhere grin grin grin
I hope you didn't get fired at work sha? Just kidding. Good thing you've fixed it
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 10:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
speedyboi:

Wao! So you be celebrity for someone to start hacking your mail

I hope this stops you from posting your mail everywhere grin grin grin
I hope you didn't get fired at work sha? Just kidding. Good thing you've fixed it

I would hate to be a celebrity grin
New email addresses dey easy... but still using this one... undercover emailer cool
Fired @ work? We no dey shoot gun for my working places tongue
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by prof800(m): 10:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
VillageBoi:

eeyahhhh....@villageboi pele...Hope you didn't lose nothing sha..
Here is my email addy: dandavis800@gmail.com
inbox me so I can have your mail..

AND @speedyboi inbox me too, lemme have your mail contacts. I know you shouldn't drop your email here so just inbox me..
I'll reply with my main mail address.

And has anyone seen the 'Paranoia' movie starring Harrison Ford?
Re: My Short Film Script- PARANOIA by VillageBoi(m): 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
prof800:
eeyahhhh....@villageboi pele...Hope you didn't lose nothing sha..
Here is my email addy: dandavis800@gmail.com
inbox me so I can have your mail..

AND @speedyboi inbox me too, lemme have your mail contacts. I know you shouldn't drop your email here so just inbox me..
I'll reply with my main mail address.

And has anyone seen the 'Paranoia' movie starring Harrison Ford?

Hey our Prof, how now? No I didn't lose anything... the idiot just deleted all my contacts after sending them a badly written 419 mail. Some daft crap like I got mugged in Manila or some place like that and wanted 2800£... who the hell writes 2800£ and not £2800?
How stupid are people? If I had a problem... number one - I would NOT email. Two) WTF - I always have travel insurance. Three) And if worst comes to worst - I'll walk straight into the British High Commission.
Oh well most 419 people must live under rocks if they have no idea of the way the world actually works. They and their stupid easy-to-spot-a-million-miles-away bush persin emails.

Just sending you an email now!

Prison Break Season 5 (Resurrection)- Fan Page / If Your 2014 Were To Be A Movie, What Title Would You Give It? / Fire Outbreak At Galaxy TV, Lagos