Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan (17311 Views)

Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians / Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. / "Those Accusing Me Of Sponsoring Boko Haram Are Mad" - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by odehaj: 10:24am On Apr 01, 2013
If the CLUELESS GEJ is playing politics inorder to acquire votes from d Muslims, then he has just lost the votes from the Christians everywhere in Nigeria.If these BH has ever touched any of his immediate family members he won't play politics again.God wil SURELY visit these Muslims everywhere with anger.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 01, 2013
Oh okay LMAO!! This guy is not that clueless after all! Na April fool guys!
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by deols(f): 10:36am On Apr 01, 2013
I hear The president speak for the first Time smiley
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Revolva(m): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2013
So GEJ wan tell me say boko haram na him church members....shame to him
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by cdz: 10:38am On Apr 01, 2013
I think an interesting question would be: in whose power does it lie to determine who is (or isn't) a Muslim? In other words, which central authority are ALL Muslims answerable to here on earth that can effectively call any group claiming to work for Islam to order? If such an authority exists, what is its position concerning Boko Haram and its activities and what has it done to bring succor to victims? In the absence of such a body, I think the opinion of any individual concerning the religion of Boko Haram is immaterial - we just have to accept what Boko Haram says it is: Muslim. They could have claimed to be Christian but they didn't. Out of their free will they have said that they represent the tenets of Islam. Let the Muslims who disagree with them advise us on how to assist them in redeeming the image of their religion if they believe that Boko Haram misrepresents them.

I have no faith in Jonathan. He it was who told us that Boko Haram is not a terrorist group. He it is who tells us now that Boko Haram is an international terrorist group. If this isn't confusion, I don't know what is. There are two questions relevant in dealing with a deadly creature: What is it, and how do I kill it? This is the president's primary assignment.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by omenka(m): 10:40am On Apr 01, 2013
What does he know about anything? Religion is too complex an issue for the thieving scumbag to wrap his mind around.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by jadakiss213(m): 10:47am On Apr 01, 2013
Dude is so smart not like d dunce many of u think he is..those were political statements.he ends up confusing even his worse critics..God bless Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Wsdm: 10:51am On Apr 01, 2013
byrron:

Better still, the Koran been used in Nigeria should be amended and all nihilistic verses in it should be expunge cos it seems some members draws their killing inspirational instinct from those verses.
Just like you have messed up the bible to suit every indescencies that the world knows today. Look how culpable you have sound.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by ecosanders: 10:51am On Apr 01, 2013
mbhs139:

How does his comment makes him a goat. So, because the crusaders murdered some people some time ago, we should continue in this state of killing innocent souls? I don't really get you, you know? What exactly are you saying, your thought are incoherent.
my point is dat BH may claim 2 b muslims, bt dat doesnt mak dem true muslims, n i cited d crusaders 2 let u kw dat anyone can claim 2 b a member of a religion body n yet commit crime in its name. I neva n wil neva support taking anybody's life.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by ikweremilitant: 10:57am On Apr 01, 2013
Ya dey re sango worshippers
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 01, 2013
chucky234: The fact that all known terrorists are Muslims is an open secret and gives your clueless president out,all the bombings recorded around the world since the beginning of terror has been traced to one Muslims terrorist sect or another.
GEJ is just clueless and confused,simple.

You are an a clear case of borderline personality disorder. Sometimes, I am shocked that you do not even understand simple logic, irony, oxymoron and rhetoric as structures of English. You simply could not analyze the President's speech literarily, and I really doubt your capability to decode my register, hence, you chose display your wealth of ignorance of lexicology. #Shoe get size. Happy Easter.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 01, 2013
the brainwashed pawns of international terrorism.
Thank you Mr Jonathan. You just gave the perfect defininion of all muslims
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by cdz: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2013
Billyonaire:

You are an a clear case of borderline personality disorder. Sometimes, I am shocked that you do not even understand simple logic, irony, oxymoron and rhetoric as structures of English. You simply could not analyze the President's speech literarily, and I really doubt your capability to decode my register, hence, you chose display your wealth of ignorance of lexicology. Happy Easter.

Please note that a central tenet of formal speeches is to say exactly what you mean and to mean exactly what you say. Innuendos and metaphors are subject to a myriad of interpretations and no one could possibly claim superiority of interpretation for himself.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by luluosas(m): 11:10am On Apr 01, 2013
With this revelation now, let the president go ahead to name who truly they are.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Chimerase(m): 11:17am On Apr 01, 2013
Dey nt muslims but muhammud followers, de veteran virgin seeker, de oga at de top for virgin affair gringrin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by oiseworld: 11:20am On Apr 01, 2013
Gej has just helped Nigerian Muslims separate the sheep's from the goats.

Not all Islam political heads, muslim Religious heads, practice true Islam.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 01, 2013
cdz:

Please note that a central tenet of formal speeches is to say exactly what you mean and to mean exactly what you say. Innuendos and metaphors are subject to a myriad of interpretations and no one could possibly claim superiority of interpretation for himself.

I disagree with the bolded.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Mintayo(m): 11:23am On Apr 01, 2013
avalontony: This must be April fool from Mr president to Nigerians..........Gej u almost got me, but am not buying it. if they are not muslims what are they?
A. Aliens
B. Kryptonites
C.Ghosts
D. None of the above
E. GEJ relatives.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Olayinkaoj(m): 11:31am On Apr 01, 2013
Billyonaire: If the Muslims Disagree, then they must be proud of Jihad as political instrument. I really doubt if murder is a structure in the verses of the Koran, if it happens to be, then it has to be re-written.

Surat 9v5 says:
And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

9v29;
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

9v30:
The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

9v31:
They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.

My submission is that since we have the above in the Quran, BH are Muslim because they are following those lines/verses. I never knew it was expressly mentioned in verse 30 of that chapter 9 that Allah should destroy Christians for calling the son of May ''Lord''
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 01, 2013
chiover: Are you guy this dense GEJ made the statement in other to woo yoruba muslims vote in 2015. Use your head well. Simple political move. Who doesn't know that some Imams in the North are kingpins of Boko Haram??
can't u just for once think with ur brain and not with ur buttocks
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by usayab(m): 11:39am On Apr 01, 2013
tomakint: Yeah we all know that, they are just followers of Muhammad and worshipers of Allah undecided
you mean the one you voted (2011) is not saying the truth
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Chimerase(m): 11:39am On Apr 01, 2013
Olayinkaoj:

Surat 9v5 says:
And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

9v29;
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

9v30:
The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

9v31:
They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.

My submission is that since we have the above in the Quran, BH are Muslim because they are following those lines/verses. I never knew it was expressly mentioned in verse 30 of that chapter 9 that Allah should destroy Christians for calling the son of May ''Lord''
nawa o! DE DEVIL IS A LIAR
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by HyconBc: 11:39am On Apr 01, 2013
They are muslim but not good ones...Nothing like this is in the Holy Quran
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 01, 2013
Olayinkaoj:

Surat 9v5 says:

9v29;

9v30:

9v31:

Thanks for these expositions but can the muslims of Nairaland, open up their Koran and attest if these verses are enshrined in the 'Holy' Book ? Let me also add here, that Boko Haram bombed UN Headquarters, bombed Police Stations and Telecommunication Masts, Media Houses, Motorparks and also bombed mosques. Let us not be biased. I submit that Boko Haram is a criminal terror organization using Islam as a cover to derive their Political and criminal aim.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by negbenebor(f): 11:40am On Apr 01, 2013
No president they are not muslim they are islamic.......think
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Chimerase(m): 11:40am On Apr 01, 2013
usayab: you mean the one you voted (2011) is not saying the truth
will u sharap der, didn't u see de verses quoted just nw..huh
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by tomakint: 11:40am On Apr 01, 2013
firstolalekan:

OH NO! THE F.OOOL IS HERE AGAIN.
Mr 'Lie Lie E-Lie Lie' I guess I must have struck a chord undecided
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 01, 2013
The President gave the only Speech a sensible President could have given. Because lets face it, Nigeria is still about 40% Muslim! The President of Nigeria just can not alienate 40% Nigerians just to link Boko Haram to Islam. As a President sometimes you can not say what you wholly mean and this is what diplomacy and political talk is all about.

How many times have we seen American and British politicians start a speech on religious extrimism by refering to Islam as a great religion hijacked by extremists? The tactic here is to give the moderates a sense of belonging so that they can stand up to be counted in the debate. Do you think these leaders could not have pointed to verses of the Qur'an which encourage violence?

What Jonathan is saying in simple terms is. Boko Haram is a foreign movement or terror group that does not represent any local Nigerian interest. This is in essence giving chance to moderate Muslims up North to rise up against this foreign terror group and kick them out of their communities. Boko Haram will never be defeated until they are rejected by their host community and that is what this is about.

Babangida Aliyu says Nigerians should not refer to Boko Haram as Muslims. President Goodluck Jonathan and Wole Soyinka seem to agree that Boko Haram does not represent the true teachings of Islam. It is now up to the Silent Majority of Moderate Muslims to rise up and show us if truly their great Islamic religion is any different from that which Boko Haram wants to represent!

I am not a fan of Jonathan, but I think his speech was measured and in fact the only sensible speech he could have given!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 01, 2013
mikeansy: The President gave the only Speech a sensible President could have given. Because lets face it, Nigeria is still about 40% Muslim! The President of Nigeria just can not alienate 40% Nigerians just to link Boko Haram to Islam. As a President sometimes you can not say what you wholly mean and this is what diplomacy and political talk is all about.

How many times have we seen American and British politicians start a speech on religious extrimism by refering to Islam as a great religion hijacked by extremists? The tactic here is to give the moderates a sense of belonging so that they can stand up to be counted in the debate. Do you think these leaders could not have pointed to verses of the Qur'an which encourage violence?

What Jonathan is saying in simple terms is. Boko Haram is a foreign movement or terror group that does not represent any local Nigerian interest. This is in essence giving chance to moderate Muslims up North to rise up against this foreign terror group and kick them out of their communities. Boko Haram will never be defeated until they are rejected by their host community and that is what this is about.

Babangida Aliyu says Nigerians should not refer to Boko Haram as Muslims. President Goodluck Jonathan and Wole Soyinka seem to agree that Boko Haram does not represent the true teachings of Islam. It is now up to the Silent Majority of Moderate Muslims to rise up and show us if truly their great Islamic religion is any different from that which Boko Haram wants to represent!

I am not a fan of Jonathan, but I think his speech was measured and in fact the only sensible speech he could have given!!!!

This is the simple Truth. You have said it all in very plain and simple way.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Paulonminyi: 11:50am On Apr 01, 2013
Wel, Mr presido has spoken.so he knws dis pple n he dnt put a stop 2 dis kilin. Cn u prove dis Jona?dat is foriegn terror hummmm?
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by tomakint: 12:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
usayab: you mean the one you voted (2011) is not saying the truth
Even from your 'handle' there is a problem cool
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mr. president, you are wrong this time. How many mosques have been destroyed by suicide bombers since the inception of boko haram? The answer is 'NONE' I will only believe they are not Muslims if several mosques are bombed and destroyed just like the countless number of churches affected.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Breaks Fast With Members Of The Judiciary / EFCC Denies Raiding Justice Mary Odili's Home / Wike Chased Amaechi Out Of Pdp And Now APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.