Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan (17317 Views)

Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians / Responding To Buhari's Declaration That Boko Haram Are Not Muslims. / "Those Accusing Me Of Sponsoring Boko Haram Are Mad" - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by mrvictor: 12:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
Sign of confusion!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by otunba9ja: 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mr. President, pls does it mean that we ve not captured / arrested any member of this group-BH for the past years . I expect one of the arrested guys to have offered useful information on the modus oprandi of the sect and that should be enough to let GEJ know if they are muslims or not......abi ?
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by HonKontigi: 12:37pm On Apr 01, 2013
Wsdm: ... Yes, just like October 1st bombing.Mr. President, you are not talking to me but some bewildered/gullible Christians led by Aritsejafor. You better focus on the main issue and stop deceiving yourself. These boys are truly fighting the JTF that are rapping their wives and killing them. If any other person is involved, is a 'collateral damage' in which the JTF are the main culprit. Go to any part of the north and ask the victims directly involved; who is killing them between boko haram and the JTF? Then you will know who is on a mission.
Very thought of u. Your post is probably the only sensible one so far. Between 2002 to 2009 boko haram operated without engaging in any form of violence. Baba fugu, an elder member of the group, was even on Borno state EXCO as commissioner for religious affairs under gov Sherrif.The question any sensible person will ask is, why has boko haram turned to arms after 7 -8 years of its existence? When in 2009 Gov sherrif started using the police to kill bh members for political reasons he thought he could silence them by force, but he was mistaken, for these poverty-stricken people were/are already down and got nothing to lose. They just acquired arms to "defend themselves" according to mohammed yusuf. Since 2009 FG has joined in the violence forgetting that when Mohaammed Yusuf, bh leader, was killed extra-judiciaaly the only thing they were asking for was prosecution of the lawless police men who killed him and compensation (many innocent people were also affected by the military operation).
GEj is being misled by thinking boko haram can be defeated by use of force. "No force on earth can defeat boko haram" - Comrade Shehu Sani. He is right, and as can be seen boko haram keeps changing its tactics. How would JTF defeat a group that has adopted guerrilla warfare tactics when the JTF itself is killing innocent people who are supposed to be part of the fight against boko haram?
Let Gej take his cue from America's new thinking in Afghanistan. For years the US policy has been to defeat the Taliban. But after 10 years it's clear that the taliban can't be overcome by use of force. So the Americans are now talking with their arch enemy. Case of no permanent enemies, only permanent interest.
The religious bigots and military eggheads pushing GEJ have had their say/time, now let the voice of reason prevail.
A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by nairaman66(m): 1:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
Firstly- BH are ghosts! Now they are not Muslims.., Next will be they are not Nigerians.. The story goes to infinitum!! Dumbest Presido is on the prowl again.. What's he seeking attention for? He's the President he's got all the attention he needs!

Clueless clown.. Just feeling so down right now!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
profola2be: Jonathan,you've forgotten ni jare,they are not muslims but CHRISTIANs!

The post of the year in my opinion. This post made my day. Maybe they're his church members like some1 suggested grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by jentlsoul: 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
I am a muslim and I support the president comment that boko haram are not muslim even though they claim to be so. It is only deep thinker will only understand the mr president comment. My think is that our northerners leaders are confuse because all this bombing are mostly happening in the north and it doesn't seem to be end. So sultan and co calling for amnesty those not really mean there are supporting what the boko haram choosing to be doing but try to put an end to their evil act. My conclusion will be boko haram, militant, kidnapper, robbers, witches, wizard, corrupt people, religion extremist, etc are all evils and can choose any religion,r be it islam christianity, induism, agnostic, buddism, paganism etc to commit their evil.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by laurel03(m): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
Boko Haram are xtains.... Everybody know who they are and I don't how religion will preach of killing others if u kill me how I mine going to repent? That is how they kill all over the world. Nobody can fight for God not only nig... Mali,somalia,syria,egypt etc GEJ if u like call them Jesus will know who they are U don't need to tell us what is inside Sarden or Titus. Haram is which religion Language... Once you know the answer that means you know who they are.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by iHustle(m): 2:09pm On Apr 01, 2013
Did those people you mentioned quote the words of Jesus Christ to back up theír evil deeds?

aurenflani:

You just reminded me of Josef Stalin, Mussolini and Hitler. The followers of christianism and worshipers of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by dramendra: 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ljboy: I so much disagree wit GEJ's view on dz subject!... if he is tryin 2 say dah d sect are nt Northernerns den i can agree wit him on d fact dah dey are foriegners buh if he is sayin dah dey arent muslim dey dahz a Big fat Lie.... Lukin frmwen dey started as tryin 2 mk Nigeria an Islamic country bounded by sharia den u wud knw its only muslim dah has dah doctrine!... Gej is alwys confused!.. jx pray God leadz him 2 lead us well!... smh

Use your head na, ever since you know Saudi Arabia, have you ever heard them fight or kill? Iran and Iraq are not fighting for Islam, they are fighting or bounderies and oil, America is not fighting for Christians either, America is fighting for its own selfish interest (world power) Boko bastard are not muslem, and I repeat boko are not muslems, muslem is a religion of peace, people with their selfish interest mislead a lot of ilitrate like you.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by AGBORMAN1(m): 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2013
I think this is one of the best statement from our dear President. He's not as daft as he look.

He is telling the Aboki's in the north that their's no Amnesty for boko haram

Do you give Amnesty to Foriegners?
If they are Nigerians.... Let them come out open for the world to see their faces...

"Never wound a snake; Kill it". Harriet Tubman.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by brownlord: 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2013
Wsdm: ... Yes, just like October 1st bombing.Mr. President, you are not talking to me but some bewildered/gullible Christians led by Aritsejafor. You better focus on the main issue and stop deceiving yourself. These boys are truly fighting the JTF that are rapping their wives and killing them. If any other person is involved, is a 'collateral damage' in which the JTF are the main culprit. Go to any part of the north and ask the victims directly involved; who is killing them between boko haram and the JTF? Then you will know who is on a mission.

From where this animal comout from again now, chai, bro, u need brain sugery
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Patsey: 3:32pm On Apr 01, 2013
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by brownlord: 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2013
odehaj: If the CLUELESS GEJ is playing politics inorder to acquire votes from d Muslims, then he has just lost the votes from the Christians everywhere in Nigeria.If these BH has ever touched any of his immediate family members he won't play politics again.God wil SURELY visit these Muslims everywhere with anger.

Just as your name impliy, u be really ode, so the only interpretation u could give to the president speech is tht hes seeking vote for 2015, my friend, u need visit yaba left or better still adhere to the drugs
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by PENMIGHT(m): 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
Billyonaire:
Thanks for these expositions but can the muslims of Nairaland, open up their Koran and attest if these verses are enshrined in the 'Holy' Book ? Let me also add here, that Boko Haram bombed UN Headquarters, bombed Police Stations and Telecommunication Masts, Media Houses, Motorparks and also bombed mosques. Let us not be biased. I submit that Boko Haram is a criminal terror organization using Islam as a cover to derive their Political and criminal aim.
U are far intelligent than that misleading guy. No apology because those verses are part of the Qur'an. There is what we refer to as 'Asbab al Nuzul". It means the circumstances surrounding the revelation of a verse(s). These verses are not to be understood without scholastic interpretation and exegesis. Reference has to be made as to (1) What necessitated such revelation? (2) Was the cause for which the verses were revealed still applies or was the verse abrogated. E.g Allah says " Do not move near prayer when u are drunk". This does not outrightly prohibited drinking Alcohol. Later Allah forbade it total when He says "Verily,in intoxicants,gambling..... are handy works of d devil, avoid them so u may prosper".
In this light,most of the verses quoted were revealled in Makkah not Medina. In Makkah,muslim were persecuted from the hands of polytheists and holders of scriptures. They were instructed to save their lives.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by tnktosin(m): 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
Is GEJ confused? If bokoharam is not Islamic den why are northern Muslim elders advocating for amnesty?
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by PENMIGHT(m): 4:06pm On Apr 01, 2013
Olayinkaoj:

Surat 9v5 says:
And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

9v29;
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

9v30:
The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

9v31:
They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.

My submission is that since we have the above in the Quran, BH are Muslim because they are following those lines/verses. I never knew it was expressly mentioned in verse 30 of that chapter 9 that Allah should destroy Christians for calling the son of May ''Lord''
U are mistaken. No apology because those verses are part of the Qur'an. There is what we refer to as 'Asbab al Nuzul". It means the circumstances surrounding the revelation of a verse(s). These verses are not to be understood without scholastic interpretation and exegesis. Reference has to be made as to (1) What necessitated such revelation? (2) Was the cause for which the verses were revealed still applies or was the verse abrogated. E.g Allah says " Do not move near prayer when u are drunk". This does not outrightly prohibited drinking Alcohol. Later Allah forbade it total when He says "Verily,in intoxicants,gambling..... are handy works of d devil, avoid them so u may prosper".
In this light,most of the verses quoted were revealled in Makkah not Medina. In Makkah,muslim were persecuted from the hands of polytheists and holders of scriptures. They were instructed to save their lives.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: U are mistaken. No apology because those verses are part of the Qur'an. There is what we refer to as 'Asbab al Nuzul". It means the circumstances surrounding the revelation of a verse(s). These verses are not to be understood without scholastic interpretation and exegesis. Reference has to be made as to (1) What necessitated such revelation? (2) Was the cause for which the verses were revealed still applies or was the verse abrogated. E.g Allah says " Do not move near prayer when u are drunk". This does not outrightly prohibited drinking Alcohol. Later Allah forbade it total when He says "Verily,in intoxicants,gambling..... are handy works of d devil, avoid them so u may prosper".

if you believe any of that crap you typed above, you will believe anything!
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by fatimah24: 4:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
tomakint: Yeah we all know that, they are just followers of Muhammad and worshipers of Allah undecided
u r d greatest fool of dis century.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by sunnyolads1(m): 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
GEJ is simply confused and does not know what to say again in respect of Bokoboys.In the first place,he said the Bokos are part of his government,another time he called them Ghosts,now they are foreign Ghosts terrorizing Nigeria abi.foolish man.No matter any machinations,God will not let GEJ succeed in his 2015 ambition..Happy Easter to you all..
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Akiika: 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2013
tomakint: Yeah we all know that, they are just followers of Muhammad and worshipers of Allah undecided
Ignorance is a terrible disease, go cure yours!
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Akiika: 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2013
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by mikeansy(m): 4:17pm
PEN_MIGHT:
U are mistaken. No apology because those verses are part of the Qur'an. There is what we refer to as 'Asbab al Nuzul". It means the circumstances surrounding the revelation of a verse(s). These verses are not to be understood without scholastic interpretation and exegesis. Reference has to be made as to (1) What necessitated such revelation? (2) Was the cause for which the verses were revealed still applies or was the verse abrogated. E.g Allah says " Do not move near prayer when u are drunk". This does not outrightly prohibited drinking Alcohol. Later Allah forbade it total when He says "Verily,in intoxicants,gambling..... are handy works of d devil, avoid them so u may prosper".

mikeansy:

It's you that need to take care of your IGNORANCE disease, do you know the number of verses that sound violent in the various versions of the bible? What are the circumstances for the revelations? You need to think outside the box for a second.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by muskpeas: 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
dramendra:

Use your head na, ever since you know Saudi Arabia, have you ever heard them fight or kill? Iran and Iraq are not fighting for Islam, they are fighting or bounderies and oil, America is not fighting for Christians either, America is fighting for its own selfish interest (world power) Boko bastard are not muslem, and I repeat boko are not muslems, muslem is a religion of peace, people with their selfish interest mislead a lot of ilitrate like you.

Its pathetic, or rather u are pathetic! Boko Haram expressly said that their aim is to eschew western education n fight for a purely Islamic northern nigeria n possibly islamic nigeria...even the reason dey kidnapped d French family in Cameroon,dey said is in retaliation for d French offensive against Islamists in Mali..America never or has never quoted or defended its wars saying its to establish christianity , or even MEND never said their actions was to ensure Christianity or any religion for that matter...so hw is that suddenly Boko haram isn't islamic?? Or has changed their agenda from islamic to sometin else
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by tomakint: 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
Akiika:
Ignorance is a terrible disease, go cure yours!
The sooner you realised that the Boko Haram guys are the ones doing the will of your Allah, the better for you! Dey there dey deceive yourself and continue to 'tint' your bear-bear and use 10 yards of rag to tie turban on your head as if that will take you to heaven! Original dumbosco undecided
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by tomakint: 6:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
fatimah24: u r d greatest fool of dis century.
Even from ur name one can tell the greatest fool! Keep enjoying your self-imposed deception; LIE LIE E-LIE LIE!
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by tomakint: 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
muskpeas:

Its pathetic, or rather u are pathetic! Boko Haram expressly said that their aim is to eschew western education n fight for a purely Islamic northern nigeria n possibly islamic nigeria...even the reason dey kidnapped d French family in Cameroon,dey said is in retaliation for d French offensive against Islamists in Mali..America never or has never quoted or defended its wars saying its to establish christianity , or even MEND never said their actions was to ensure Christianity or any religion for that matter...so hw is that suddenly Boko haram isn't islamic?? Or has changed their agenda from islamic to sometin else
Preach on brother, I just pray they will be 'liberated from their bondage' very funny set of people! Boko Harams are doing the will of Allah as pencilled down in the Qu'ran by Prophet Muhammad, this is nothing but the Gospel Truth undecided
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by usefaith(m): 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2013
Olayinkaoj:

Surat 9v5 says:
And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

9v29;
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

9v30:
The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

9v31:
They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.

My submission is that since we have the above in the Quran, BH are Muslim because they are following those lines/verses. I never knew it was expressly mentioned in verse 30 of that chapter 9 that Allah should destroy Christians for calling the son of May ''Lord''
But what do you want to gain from lie? This is why I do not like christians (hypocracy)... Haba! That Qur'anic verses might hv been written by someone else other than Allah (SWT), Creator of the heavens and earths...you better repent from that act cos I don't think that is the best way of carrying out your evangelism... otherwise, the wrath of Allah is waiting for those lying against Him

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by Iykopee(m): 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
it seems dat some lump of fufu is in place of GEJ brain coz he makes statements without thinking abt it properly....was he actually saying dat foreigners are part and parcel of his govt? Maybe he has forgotten he once told everybody in d open dat members of boko are in his cabinet...smh for this empty headed president.....well its pretty bad to have foreigners in his cabinet when million of nigerians are jobless.....PRESIDO, tink b4 u speak u aint talking to animals.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by DeGenius3(m): 8:58pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ngwakwe: GEJ, nobody is asking you if Bokoboys believe in holy koran or not.

Will you grant them amnesty or not?

Yes or No

how can you grant amnesty to people who have killed innocent people. listen these people are terrorists. i know that there is a strong force behind these guys that is not like getting out of the bag, but i know that God is up there watching these guys... one day all these will come to an end.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by oloriooko(m): 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
GEJ is seeking sympathy from the north especially muslims since 2015 is around the corner grin

the guy is oiling his political machineries in preparation for 2015 but i hope he knows that his performance so far has been disappointing, so i think he should just let go and resign to his village.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by PENMIGHT(m): 9:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
mikeansy:

I am convinced u are not only pathetic, ur brain works reverse. I was towing the path of educating u thinking that it was just Ignorance u were afflicted with just as Akiika opined, but it shows u are just bent and irreparably sterotyped in delusion that Islam can be understood by a tiny figment of ur shear imagination. I believe in the 'crap' because it clarify misconceptions u are bent on shovving down d throat of d feeble-minded like u.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by PENMIGHT(m): 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
tomakint:
The sooner you realised that the Boko Haram guys are the ones doing the will of your Allah, the better for you! Dey there dey deceive yourself and continue to 'tint' your bear-bear and use 10 yards of rag to tie turban on your head as if that will take you to heaven! Original dumbosco undecided
U shouldn't have resulted to name-calling. U are attacking the emblems of Islam and this is incitive. It won't fetch ur soul more than misery if u keep derailing off substances to shadows. The bear shouldn't be ur problem. Afterall Jesus(as) is not clean shave.
Re: Boko Haram Are Not Muslims – Jonathan by aia99: 10:08pm On Apr 01, 2013
Olayinkaoj:

Surat 9v5 says:

9v29;

9v30:

9v31:

pls if u don't understand a verse in d glorious quran why don't u seek for beta explanation as my other brother has said,each verse of d holy quran has got d way u interprets dem and d holy quran has said it dat dere is no compulsion in religion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: INEC Budget: N/assembly Rejects N189bn, Insists On N143bn / Makinde To Build ₦1.2 Billion New Governor’s Lodge in Abuja / Buhari & Mahama ECOWAS Chairman, Meet In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.