Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1097546 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2017
BraniacX:
oberyn fought in the fighting pits of mereen and lived to tell the tale, he fought against the mountain based on the mountain's specifics i.e strength, reach and apparent lack of speed. If he were to fight two handed Jamie, he will fight differently and win, a pit fighter is a duelist foccussed on one opponent at a time, his only match in the world of ASOIAF will be Daario naharis. The people who labelled the kingslayer best swordsman of the seven kingdoms have not seen oberyn fight obviously
I like your analysis. But let's not forget each person's strengths and weaknesses. Jaime (with both hands) could get under anyone's skin and make them do rash things. Oberyn was quick to anger. Exploitation!

You're an unrepentant fan of Dayne tho, for you to have given him a draw against Achilles.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 11:18am On Sep 09, 2017
BraniacX:
the rainbow guard

If this is true then GRRM has a wry sense of humour.

Poof guard serving poof king in the rainbow squad. cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2017
zinachidi:

And many people labelled the kingslayer the best swordsman in all the seven kingdoms.

No.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
Isomerizm:
I like your analysis. But let's not forget each person's strengths and weaknesses. Jaime (with both hands) could get under anyone's skin and make them do rash things. Oberyn was quick to anger. Exploitation!

You're an unrepentant fan of Dayne tho, for you to have given him a draw against Achilles.
when I said dayne will draw against Achilles, I meant an unpowered Achilles cheesy just based on fighting skills only. None of that mythical invulnerable horse poo wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
Isomerizm:

Jamie was never ambidextrous. When we're saying with both hands we are specifically saying with his fighting right hand. Not much has been said about oberyn but show wise based on his agility and history, he beats Jamie hands down! Let's not forget that oberyn has the body movements of a water dancer and except if Jamie fights smart which i expect he will, oberyn will just continue dancing around him and poke and batter him down. Reminds me of a certain middleweight boxer called the prince I think whose body movements made hitting him in a bout very tiresome. Oberyn is like a clumsy version of arya and the waif, clumsy but potent enough to beat many westerosi knights

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2017
Just IAMLEGEND-I ng y'all grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2017
BraniacX:
when I said dayne will draw against Achilles, I meant an unpowered Achilles cheesy just based on fighting skills only. None of that mythical invulnerable horse poo wink
In the movies, Achilles was portrayed as being human. None of the river Styx legends were exhibited. He dodged with great art, and even used shields. let's not forget how insanely he speared a horse rider from miles away. The movie Achilles wasn't impervious. He was simply too good. Are you still saying Dayne would draw him?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2017
Think you know all about Game of Thrones? Try out my trivia and see how many you can get. 

Don't use the internet, its just for fun.

1) Who was known as the king who knelt?

2) Dragonstone Tower is to House Targareans as ______ is to House frey?

3)Lady catelyn, wife of Lady Stark was first betrothed to who?

4) Who was the youngest lord commander of the nights watch?

5) Lord walder frey has how many daughters?

6) Lord walder frey is also known as what?

7) Which of these houses is not in the East?

Lannister, swyift, clegane, wode, lyden

cool What are the Tully words?

9) How many kings has Varys served? Mention them.

10) who built the wall?

11)a spear in a sun is the sigil of which House?

12) which island is house mormont situated?

13) Who was the only knight that defeated Robert Baratheon?"

14) wolves are to House stark as ________ is to House Clegane?

15) The citadel is located in which town?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Lh19(m): 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2017
Magnifico2000:
Think you know all about Game of Thrones? Try out my trivia and see how many you can get. 

Torhen Stark

the twins

brandon stark

Brandon

the late walder Frey

aerys, king Robert, joffery, tommen

10) who built the wall?

brandon the buider

house Martel

bear Island

randyll tarly

dogs (I think)

Oldtown

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2017
[quote author=Lh19 post=60298135][/quote]
Wow.. u tried... more quiz loading.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:07pm On Sep 09, 2017
Isomerizm:
In the movies, Achilles was portrayed as being human. None of the river Styx legends were exhibited. He dodged with great art, and even used shields. let's not forget how insanely he speared a horse rider from miles away. The movie Achilles wasn't impervious. He was simply too good. Are you still saying Dayne would draw him?
okay I shoulda been more specific, invulnerability wasn't his only ticking point. Now that throw indicated super strength if nuffin else, so that's why I'm judging based on skills only, with that kinda strength, one thrust will go through dayne's parry, armor and chainmail
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by justice727: 11:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
Dracoe:

LF wasn't expecting what Sansa did. He still thought she was the little girl who could easily get manipulated and not being able to make decisions on her own, perhaps he was wrong. Sansa learned from his cunning acts so well he never saw it coming ;hence the scene, he had come unprepared, he was relaxed, he was loose, the excitement of his plan going in the proposed direction had clouded his sense of reasoning and then things turned around so fast, it hit him so hard, his mind was thrown in a state of distress and utter confusion, he couldn't think, his instincts failed him.I don't think even the most professional liars could cook up anything to get him out of the situation; he was blank. shocked
and don't forget the revelation of brown stak, LF never expected that there was anybody alive who knew what transpired that day. So I agree with u, any good liar would have been taken off-guard

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 11:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
Magnifico2000:

10) who built the wall?

1. Tohrren stark of winter fell
2. The twins.
3. Brandon stark.
4. If it isn't Jon snow then i can't remember.
5. I think about 4 or 5.
6. The late walder Frey. Also lord of the crossings.
7. Lannister, wode, clegane, swyft.
8. Family, duty, honor.
9. 3 aerys targaryean, Robert baratheon, joffery baratheon. Daenerys doesn't count, she's a queen! grin.
10. Brandon patriarch of house stark.
11. House Martell.
12. Bear island.
13. In battle or in combat? I think the hand is it Connor Griffin of griffin roost? and lord Randall early both beat him in battle i think. Then in jousting, he was unhorsed by who i can't remember undecided I might be wrong though, I'm grasping at straws here.
14. Dogs.
15. Oldtown.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by olenyi: 7:51am On Sep 10, 2017
Melvyn11:
Bronn and cersei have never appeared in any scene together. Bet no one noticed that.

Don't know about that but if it's true, I read somewhere that they are great enemies in real life.

Regards.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:18am On Sep 10, 2017
BraniacX:

1. Tohrren stark of winter fell
2. The twins.
3. Brandon stark.
4. If it isn't Jon snow then i can't remember.
5. I think about 4 or 5.
6. The late walder Frey. Also lord of the crossings.
8. Family, duty, honor.
9. 3 aerys targaryean, Robert baratheon, joffery baratheon. Daenerys doesn't count, she's a queen! grin.
10. Brandon patriarch of house stark.
11. House Martell.
12. Bear island.
13. In battle or in combat? I think the hand is it Connor Griffin of griffin roost? and lord Randall early both beat him in battle i think. Then in jousting, he was unhorsed by who i can't remember undecided I might be wrong though, I'm grasping at straws here.
14. Dogs.
15. Oldtown.

#7: The question is wrong; all those houses are in the west, not the east.

#9: I would add Tommen Baratheon, but that would be nit-picking.

#13. Tourneys don't count as defeat, so the answer is Randyl Tarly. Jon Connignton never met Robert during the Battle of Bells (Bobby B's forces actually won the battle, thanks to Ned Stark and Jon Arryn).
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 8:40am On Sep 10, 2017
kay9:

#7: The question is wrong; all those houses are in the west, not the east.

#9: I would add Tommen Baratheon, but that would be nit-picking.

#13. Tourneys don't count as defeat, so the answer is Randyl Tarly. Jon Connignton never met Robert during the Battle of Bells (Bobby B's forces actually won the battle, thanks to Ned Stark and Jon Arryn).
The question is not wrong. It says which of these houses are not in the east?
Lannister is not in the east
Clegane is not in the east
Swft is not in the east
Lyden is not in the east.

So what is wrong about the question?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 8:45am On Sep 10, 2017
Melvyn11:
Bronn and cersei have never appeared in any scene together. Bet no one noticed that.
They both appeared after battle of blackwater in front of a room Tyrion was being treated.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 8:46am On Sep 10, 2017
Who noticed arya and catelyn stark never had a speaking line on set together. #Gotfact
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 8:56am On Sep 10, 2017
BraniacX:

1. Tohrren stark of winter fell ✅
2. The twins. ✅
3. Brandon stark.✅
4. If it isn't Jon snow then i can't remember.❌
5. I think about 4 or 5.
6. The late walder Frey. Also lord of the crossings.✅
8. Family, duty, honor.✅
9. 3 aerys targaryean, Robert baratheon, joffery baratheon. Daenerys doesn't count, she's a queen! grin.✅
10. Brandon patriarch of house stark.✅
11. House Martell.✅
12. Bear island.✅
14. Dogs.✅
15. Oldtown.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 9:04am On Sep 10, 2017
Magnifico2000:

The question is not wrong. It says which of these houses are not in the east?
Lannister is not in the east
Clegane is not in the east
Swft is not in the east
Lyden is not in the east.

So what is wrong about the question?

Smh... Wode is also not in the east, it is sworn to House Whent of Harrenhal - the Riverlands.

All right, if you say so. Seems to me like what you wanted to ask though was which of these Houses is not in the West? All are in the west except House Wode.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2017
kay9:

All right, if you say so. Seems to me like what you to ask though was which of these Houses is not in the West? All are in the west except House Wode.
Lol.. dont get it twisted, more technical questions are still loading?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by uzoexcel(m): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2017
u mean this GaNNICUS will draw dayne?
Noh vex me for here

he 'll beat d shit out of dayne
BraniacX:

Dayne vs Achilles draw
Dayne vs gannicus draw
Bronn vs daario Dario
Jamie vs oberyn oberyn
Sandor vs drogo drogo

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:32am On Sep 10, 2017
Please I need link to the season 7
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2017

Leggo....

1) Who was known as the DragonKnight?

2) who is the lord of greywater watch?

3)what is the name of rickon stark's direwolf?

4) Who is regarded as lord of runestone"?

5) Lord Eddard Stark had how many siblings. Name them.

6) how many men took over winterfell from ramsey bolton during battle of bastards ?

7) All of these houses are not Bannermen to House Stark, except which one?

Estren, Hayford,westerling, mollen, marband, rowan.

What are the Greyjoy words?

9) osric stark was made the lord commander of the night's watch at what age?

10)ser {Rodrik Cassel}, master-at-arms of Winterfell has a son called?

11)rose flower is a sigil of which house?

12) queen Talisa, robbstark's wife was from where?

13) where is house Baelish located in the seven kingdoms?

14) who was regarded as the lord of dreadfort?

15)roberts rebellion was also known as what?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
uzoexcel:
u mean this GaNNICUS will draw dayne?
Noh vex me for here

he 'll beat d shit out of dayne
Lmao. I don't know why people idolise Dayne. Dude is good, but c'mon.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
Seun:
Dude, you need to unfollow this thread if you want to enjoy the show. Come back when you've watched everything.

Just started Game Of Thrones I love this Ned Stark guy I can’t wait to see his character development over the other 6 seasons

obligatory - and i haven't even started on GOT, even though i have the entire series in 720p

https://www.google.com/search?q=sean+bean+spoiler++meme&newwindow=1&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwipsMj8nJvWAhXMIcAKHWbHAdEQsAQIJg&biw=1236&bih=755

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by icon007(m): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
Seun:

Most professional liars would have denied all the allegations. When you keep denying a crime, you can even cause the people who caught you in the act to doubt what they saw. Littlefinger was supposed to be the best liar, so he should have known that. Admitting that he murdered Lysa was his worst mistake because it cost him the support of the Vale army. I still enjoyed the scene because the actor did a great job.

I think LF was just too surprised hearing his exact words like deja vu coming on him. No chance for him to work on people's mind. He gave himself out not easily, just d rush on him.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:26pm On Sep 10, 2017
Magnifico2000:

10)ser {Rodrik Cassel}, master-at-arms of Winterfell has a son called?
Rodrik had no sons.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
Magnifico2000:

7) None of those Houses are in the East.
13) Who ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by KingTaiwo: 1:44am On Sep 11, 2017
I've been watching GoT from s1 to 7, read most of these comments y'all seem to forget if Jon kills the knight king end of the dead then they all come for cersie
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by KingTaiwo: 1:46am On Sep 11, 2017
I've been watching GoT from s1 to 7, read most of these comments y'all seem to forget if Jon kills the knight king end of the dead then they all come for cersie

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.