Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,335 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1094208 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 8:55pm On Sep 02, 2017
kay9:

Aegon by Elia Martell remains legitimate, QED.

So what was the point of the whole annulment? Targaryens have an established history of polygamy, so he could've just straight-up married Lyanna. Really, the show's visuals are still cool and all but the storyline just gets shittier the farther away from the last book. Of course, it still won't stop me from rushing to download if a secret episode 8 suddenly airs tomorrow.
I think rhaegar was a monogamist and a romantic, he married ellia for duty but actually fell in love with lyanna, that he would have married lyanna anyway to legitimize the third head of his dragon love or lack of it irrespective in the name of duty and prophesy got sweetened by the fact that he actually fell in love with her and went out of his way to honor her by annulling his marriage to ellia.
My opinion though

Cc: Yonce
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
BraniacX:
I think rhaegar was a monogamist and a romantic, he married ellia for duty but actually fell in love with lyanna, that he would have married lyanna anyway to legitimize the third head of his dragon love or lack of it irrespective in the name of duty and prophesy got sweetened by the fact that he actually fell in love with her and went out of his way to honor her by annulling his marriage to ellia.
My opinion though

Monogamist? Well, you did say its your opinion.

You know, i'm a lil with beyonce on this one. The show's Rhaegar looked like a washed-up wasted legolas, 10 yrs past his prime.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Coyotejack(m): 9:15pm On Sep 02, 2017
kay9:

Monogamist? Hmmm...

You know, i'm a lil with beyonce on this one. The show's Rhaegar looked like a washed-up wasted legolas, 10 yrs past his prime.

Legolas 10 years past his prime is ironic cause legolas is an elf .

But funny and a tad bit spot on comparison cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2017
Funny meme i ran into on reddit... Bobby B rolling over in his grave. smiley

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2017
kay9:

Monogamist? Well, you did say its your opinion.

I don't think we got the best view of him, cleaned up, I think he would've been a stunner, not elfin of course but enough to make yonce flutter and do me the "i-told-you-so's"
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
BraniacX:
correct me if I'm wrong, was he actually captured in the black cells or captured somewhere else and locked there?

Unknown. Only speculation. Ned only gives Yoren his pick of the dungeons, and those three happened to be there.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2017
kay9:
This is the best explanation I've seen for Jon Snow's real name reveal as Aegon:
https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/6wikpw/for_all_the_why_did_rhaegar_name_two_of_his_sons/

But to be honest it still feels like shitty naming to me. Several equally storied Targaryen names out there to choose from: Daeron the Young Dragon, Aemon the Dragonknight... The "theory" that the Prince that was Promised will be named Aegon is just bollocks; there's no such prophecy, no mention of it ANYWHERE. The first PtwP was named "Azor Ahai" for chrissakes.

Even this - Azor Ahai and the PtWP could be two different things/prophecies/people.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2017
Gbola5:

Unknown. Only speculation. Ned only gives Yoren his pick of the dungeons, and those three happened to be there.
then we can't say for sure he was captured there or he would've likely come up in another P.O.V's recollections e.g selmy, jamie
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2017
BraniacX:
My opinion though

Why did his third head need legitimization ? Why couldn't he be married to Elia for duty, and Lyanna for love, like Aegon (the Conqueror did with Visenya and Rhaenys), afterall he admired Aegon so much he named his son after him.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2017
BraniacX:
then we can't say for sure he was captured there or he would've likely come up in another P.O.V's recollections e.g selmy, jamie

Exactly. Although Jaime at the time wouldn't be in King's Landing. And Selmy is as simple a man.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2017
Gbola5:

Why did his third head need legitimization ? Why couldn't he be married to Elia for duty, and Lyanna for love, like Aegon (the Conqueror did with Visenya and Rhaenys), afterall he admired Aegon so much he named his son after him.
that, was his prerogative, like i said earlier, methinks he was a true romantic, that he fell in love with the girl he believed prophesy destined him to be with and her with him against the backdrop of opposition to their union from every other single quarters made him do non strategic things like annulling his marriage to ellia when he could have kept her as his wife too. Well, love is dearth of duty and never necessarily requires reason. My opinion
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2017
PreacherX:
The Show has deviated from the book.

And yet this -
"And another Theory says that The Gold Comp was formed by a
Targeryans bastard which he fought for the Throne for several
years, though they have never broken any agreement but this
might be their first. If any of the Blackfyre is alive, and they gain
entry to King's Landing they might wanna take the Throne from
Cersie."

The show should be self explanatory because most of the show watchers don't read the books. Most of the show watchers complain that we use the books while discussing show theories and moan that the show and the books are different. You can't say the show and the books are different when the show contradicts the books and the books will explain things when the show lacks explanation. Decide if the show and the books are different or not and stick with it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2017
BraniacX:
when king James of house Tudor of England had his marriage to is it queen Catherine of Spain? annulled, their daughter princess Mary still remained his legitimate daughter and second in line to the throne after young prince edward as at the time of his death and she even went on to become queen after the untimely death of her younger brother, so this is an example of an annulment from middle age pre-victorian England, so using that as a template, would you say someone as obsessed with prophesy as rhaegar would disinherit his first son aegon just to bequeath a "potential" yet unborn second son the throne?

Cc: Gbola5

Ok I accept your analogy, about annulment and all. What just seems so stupid is that he annulled his marriage to Elia when it wasn't necessary. He pissed on Dorne, and then used their armies against Robert on the Trident. Only an idiot prince would do all that.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
Gbola5:

Ok I accept your analogy, about annulment and all. What just seems so stupid is that he annulled his marriage to Elia when it wasn't necessary. He pissed on Dorne, and then used their armies against Robert on the Trident. Only an idiot prince would do all that.
the annulment and remarriage was secret, so it stands to reason that dorne didn't know about it, I doubt even ellia knew plus Aery's the mad king was holding ellia and her kids hostage as a guarantee for dorne's fealty
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
BraniacX:
that, was his prerogative, like i said earlier, methinks he was a true romantic, that he fell in love with the girl he believed prophesy destined him to be with and her with him against the backdrop of opposition to their union from every other single quarters made him do non strategic things like annulling his marriage to ellia when he could have kept her as his wife too. Well, love is dearth of duty and never necessarily requires reason. My opinion

Well I guess if he was a hopeless romantic then that will explain why he did what he did. If even though what he did was stupid.

Once you know what a character is all about, then you can understand why he does what he does, like Tywin for instance.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2017
BraniacX:
My opinion though

Or he was interested Lyanna because she was a Stark and of the North.
He was perhaps looking for the ice to his fire, afterall TWTWP was supposed to have a song of fire and ice.

That he genuinely fell for her was just a bonus and proved she indeed was the right match for him. undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:15pm On Sep 02, 2017
Gbola5:

Well I guess if he was a hopeless romantic then that will explain why he did what he did. If even though what he did was stupid.

Once you know what a character is all about, then you can understand why he does what he does,
according to different accounts, he only embraced the martial part of his princely duties much later after he thought that he was the prince that was promised and he needs must know how to fight, left to his own inclinations, he was always bookish and musical, so yes, he was a classical romantic
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:18pm On Sep 02, 2017
Yonce:

Or he was interested Lyanna because she was a Stark and of the North.
He was perhaps looking for the ice to his fire, afterall TWTWP was supposed to have a song of fire and ice.

That he genuinely fell for her was just a bonus and proved she indeed was the right match for him. undecided
we are basically saying the same thing and you should try the happy smiley more often whenever the topic is rhaegar, I think he was more handsome than that brief clip showed him to be
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2017
BraniacX:
we are basically saying the same thing and you should try the happy smiley more often whenever the topic is rhaegar, I think he was more handsome than that brief clip showed him to be

Nope. He's forever scarred in my head. . . I cannot get past that awful recycled Viserys wig.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 02, 2017
7 seasons, and we still don't know what Podrick did to those girls..

C'mon! angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2017
booqee:
7 seasons, and we still don't know what Podrick did to those girls..

C'mon! angry

I know what he did, want me to show you?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by armadeo(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2017
Lol. Rhagear is supposed to be one of the most handsome men in the seven kingdoms.

Lol at viserys wig.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
BraniacX:

I know what he did, want me to show you?
but I'm serious!! angry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
booqee:
but I'm serious!! angry
then you'll have to be shown my dear wink fret not, all will be well cool
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 8:30pm On Sep 03, 2017
The long wait

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by olanshi: 8:56am On Sep 04, 2017
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Electronzeez(m): 9:32am On Sep 04, 2017
PreacherX:
The Show has deviated from the book.

We should be excited that you comic readers would stop feeling on top of the world and follow the series like most of us are doing tongue.you guys keep mentioning names ,characters we have never heard about .confusing us like we are not watching the same show grin.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 04, 2017
What happens to cercei bodyguard"hound" conjoured by magic & the real hound slayed & survived by arya? . .p
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by press9ja: 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
12 Questions Game Of Thrones Season 8 Should Answer >> https://www.nairaland.com/4032171/12-questions-game-thrones-season
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Neymar1095(m): 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
Just started Game Of Thrones I love this Ned Stark guy I can’t wait to see his character development over the other 6 seasons
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Igwe007(m): 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
Neymar1095:
Just started Game Of Thrones I love this Ned Stark guy I can’t wait to see his character development over the other 6 seasons

Lol brace yourself for disappointment.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Faboosuarez(m): 2:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
Neymar1095:

Yu know nothing yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.