Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1091648 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by tintingz(m): 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2019
LeSulk:

I concur with you. Brienne is the most knightly person in Westeros. I was so happy for her. The reason the Hound refused to be a knight was that there were too many morally bankrupt fùckers like his brother that are knights.

Since there are Queens on either side of Westeros, her knighthood would probably stand. Though I see her unknighted if Cersei triumphs and finds out Jaime knighted her.
She will live on with that knight title till her death.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ebner70(m): 10:55pm On Apr 22, 2019
Las Las Jon Snow will be crowned king, actor no dey die, Dany may die wt her dragons, a Stark will always be alive, and we'd be happy or else it will end tragedy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by tintingz(m): 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
Sansa and Theon un-romantic and emotional bond is getting stronger, I think they will be a good couple.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by tintingz(m): 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
ebner70:
Las Las Jon Snow will be crowned king, actor no dey die, Dany may die wt her dragons, a Stark will always be alive, and we'd be happy or else it will end tragedy
Lol. Yeye grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BoleAndFish: 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
luxanne:

Most likely.

My guts tells me I know thee grin
Probably.. What's your guess?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 11:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
Ksslib:
Dear antispam bot, pls let me be.. Banned me five times within an hour.. wtf!!! Who else is experiencing this?

Anyways I absolutely loved that Jenny song rendition by Podrick. Had to download it on YouTube. It was beautiful.... and blended perfectly with the mood. The partial darkness in the chamber, the luminance of burning flames scattered across the room, the sudden dead silence, the melancholy on thier faces, the brief moment of self-reflection as his voice echoed in the background. Perfecto!!!

As beautiful as the song was, it made something turn inside of my stomach. Bad feeling. Very bad one.

It's a song on one hand but the moment you close your ears and start to listen from the soul it begins to sound like a prophecy. That song is beautiful & eerie at the same time. A radioactive mixture of light & darkness. The type that can make your grandmother appear from nowhere like booooom!!!

Who is Jenny? Is Jenny a pseudonym?

As if the lyrics wasn't deep enough, the camera kept panning to different characters as the song progressed. Each line describing the moment on screen - including this one - "Took away her sorrows & pain" as they showed a half-naked Arya - a reference to how Gendry's D1ck has taken away her sorrows and pain.

Then this last line , "She never wanted to leave" , coincided just as Danyerys appeared on screen and started walking to Jon.

Well well well...

Maybe there's nothing to the song though & I just need to tone down on the weed like some of you have advised.

She was a local girl who used to dance with flowers in her hair. Prince Duncan Targaryen fell in love with her and eventually had to renounce his birth-right to the Iron Throne in order to marry her. A short war was fought because of it. This was almost a hundred years before the events of King Robert's rebellion.

Jenny claimed descent from an old extinct line of kings whose seat was at Oldstones, now an old, abandoned cluster of crumbling stones. She was also friends with a strange, small old woman who was thought to be a Child of the Forest. It was this small woman that prophesied that the Prince that was Promised will be born of Prince Aerys and Princess Rhaella Targaryen.

We book-readers know Jenny of Oldstones well.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ChristoBam: 11:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
kay9:

She was a local girl who used to dance with flowers in her hair. Prince Duncan Targaryen fell in love with her and eventually had to renounce his birth-right to the Iron Throne in order to marry her. A short war was fought because of it. This was almost a hundred years before the events of King Robert's rebellion.

Jenny claimed descent from an old extinct line of kings whose seat was at Oldstones, now an old, abandoned cluster of crumbling stones. She was also friends with a strange, small old woman who was thought to be a Child of the Forest. It was this small woman that prophesied that the Prince that was Promised will be born of Prince Aerys and Princess Rhaella Targaryen.

It’s a song tied to Rhaegar and Lyanna’s love, to Jon and Dany’s origin, to the Azor Ahai prophecy, to those doomed to die, and to those who will live to remember them. That the song plays over shots of some of our heroes and the people that matter most to them—Sam/Gilly, Theon/Sansa, Arya/Gendry, Grey Worm/Missande, and, finally, Jon/Daenerys—should make us very worried for our favorites, and for the people who will live to mourn them.
Saw this on vanity fair and I think it's accurate, the timing of the song and the way some particular characters were shown while the song is playing points to a massive tragedy for those characters. That song is symbolic.

6 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
ChristoBam:

It’s a song tied to Rhaegar and Lyanna’s love, to Jon and Dany’s origin, to the Azor Ahai prophecy , to those doomed to die, and to those who will live to remember them. That the song plays over shots of some of our heroes and the people that matter most to them—Sam/Gilly, Theon/Sansa, Arya/Gendry, Grey Worm/Missande, and, finally, Jon/Daenerys—should make us very worried for our favorites, and for the people who will live to mourn them.
Saw this on vanity fair and I think it's accurate, the timing of the song and the way some particular characters were shown while the song is playing points to a massive tragedy for those characters. That song is symbolic.

Very true. For me, it was the crowning sequence of episode 2.

But I am not worried. Good people will die. Bad people will die. It's just life... another day on Game of Thrones.

And the best part? It's all the same to the Many-faced god.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 12:03am On Apr 23, 2019
Now the Great War is upon us, I just want to ask:

Where the eff is the Red Woman?

She's lived generations for this fight, not so?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 12:07am On Apr 23, 2019
LeSulk:
Now the Great War is upon us, I just want to ask:

Where the eff is the Red Woman?

She's lived generations for this fight, not so?

The red faced woman and jaquen hargar are the two people I think are important but haven’t been showed so far in this season
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nani6666: 12:35am On Apr 23, 2019
✔️✔️

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nani6666: 1:26am On Apr 23, 2019
✔️

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nani6666: 1:27am On Apr 23, 2019
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 2:38am On Apr 23, 2019
Lady Mormont is the most courageous person in this last season .

What’s her true age in real life?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 6:08am On Apr 23, 2019
J2381:
well it was kinda something worth noticing the way Sansa was staring at Theon. The look had a deep meaning to it, I mean, they both survive severe physical, mental, emotional and psychological molestation from Ramsey Bolton.

I'm starting to believe Theon may not have returned to Winterfell for Daenerys, but for Sansa...

Its obvious na
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TheSTreetman: 6:41am On Apr 23, 2019
tintingz:
She will live on with that knight title till her death.

You can still be strip off the title of Knight bro. If the King don't trust you or doesn't want you.

Refrence ; Ser Barristan Selmy was a knight who served in the Kingsguard with distinction for almost forty years. He served in the Kingsguard of King Aerys II Targaryen, and later served as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard during the reigns of King Robert I Baratheon, and, for a short time, King Joffrey I Baratheon. After his public dismissal by Joffrey (an affront, as the Kingsguard is an irrevocable lifetime appointment), Ser Barristan, free of any vows, chooses to serve Daenerys Targaryen.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 6:41am On Apr 23, 2019
Cybertext:

It's my favorite episode without fights or killings.... I love all the dialogues.

..and oh!! That poddrick's song shocked

I bet that Jenny song is even better than the one Ed Sheeran gave us back in season 7.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 6:50am On Apr 23, 2019
tintingz:
Sansa and Theon un-romantic and emotional bond is getting stronger, I think they will be a good couple.

If that rubbish develops, then Sansa has got to be the most unfortunate lady in the whole wide world. How do you go from marrying a depraved dwarf, a ne'redowell Ramsay Bolton to a corkless broken Theron.....and not know say devil dey use you?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 6:56am On Apr 23, 2019
Aystarz:

If that rubbish develops, then Sansa has got to be the most unfortunate lady in the whole wide world. How do you go from marrying a depraved dwarf, a ne'redowell Ramsay Bolton to a corkless broken Theron.....and not know say devil dey use you?

Some theories are better ignored. I'm surprised you are responding to such foolish thought

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 6:58am On Apr 23, 2019
Aystarz:

I bet that Jenny song is even better than the one Ed Sheeran gave us back in season 7.

Yea to me it was.....

Ed Sheeran I think sang the rains of castamere (the lannisters song)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 7:24am On Apr 23, 2019
Where can one download the subtitled version please
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Thelonewolff(f): 7:44am On Apr 23, 2019
luxanne:
Podrick song lyrics.

High in the halls of the kings who are gone
Jenny would dance with her ghosts.
The ones she had lost and the ones she had found
And the ones who had loved her the most.

The ones who’d been gone for so very long
She couldn’t remember their names
They spun her around on the damp cold stone
Spun away all her sorrow and pain

And she never wanted to leave
Never wanted to leave.
Never wanted to leave.
Never wanted to leave.
Never wanted to leave.
Never wanted to leave.
the song they say is related to Duncan targaryn and Jenny, Duncan abandoned his throne because he was madly in love with Jenny, so it may tell a future story of Jon snow abandoning his throne for Dany.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Whaleshares: 8:03am On Apr 23, 2019
The great war is about to START!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 8:14am On Apr 23, 2019
kay9:

Thank you for this. It begins to put things into perspective for me.

I know those books are dammmmn good & detailed - one of the reasons I want to read all. However, considering the show is at Season finale already, do you think it'll be wise to go back in time & read them with all the spoilers I now know?

I'm still contemplating if it'll be enjoyable , without that anti-climax feel , since I already kind of know what will happen.

Has anyone here ever watched a Movie/show and went back to read the books and still THEOUGHLY enjoyed it?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 8:26am On Apr 23, 2019
pweedie:
am.interested I the copies too
Hard copy right? If Yes, pls hold on a little. Still checking to see if I can get them somewhere within the country for a reasonable price before I order for Pre-owned copies on eBay.

There's this new growing Nigerian bookstore on IG called rovingheights. There's a 90% chance they'll have the complete set but I'm not ready to support GRRM with all my life savings just yet.

You can explore that option though if price doesn't faze you at all.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 8:29am On Apr 23, 2019
Well, a few thoughts.

There were at least 3 or 4 references to the crypt being the safest part of the castle. All the women and children are there. It's also where the stark dead are buried. The night king can raise the dead.

What could possibly go wrong?

For my money, I also think greyworm is a goner. Maybe missandeei too. There's literally no point devoting screen time to telling us their retirement plans, if the directors actually intend for us to see it.

As an aside, what do the unsullied fight for sef? They don't get paid a salary as far as I can tell. Has their situation really changed since astapor?

As far as we know, they're still following orders unquestioningly, and still killing people that never personally had issues with them - so what compels them to live, kill and die for Danaerys?

Well, maybe that's why greyworm is hoping to branch out and open his own security company sha.

Why would anybody trust Theon in their army ffs? He has a history of being ignored by his own men, captured by opponents, or running away from battle. I don't care if his redemption arc was penned by Jesus himself, this is not a guy you want fighting alongside you regardless.

I think Brienne's knighthood has marked her for death.

I also need the show to give Tyrion something to be clever about. I'm tired of hearing about his mind, without actually seeing him do anything intelligent. All he's done is drink wine, make dry quips and look morose.

The mormont girl adds nothing to this show, other than childish impertinence and girl power. Night king, please take her away.

Sam making a huge song and dance of stealing the family sword, only to give it away at the first opportunity - I'm tired of him.

Someone already pointed out the contradictions in Sansa's speech to Danaerys - men can be manipulated? When they manipulated you your whole life? Nightking, this one is ready for you too bro.

Also, unpopular opinion, I did not care much for Podrick's song.

highlight of the episode for me is tormmund telling how he killed a giant, and then sucked the wife's bööbs for 4 months grin

My emotional fix this week came from the death of a sergio ramos lookalike leprechaun, on a different show.

This episode was a bit meh as well. They better get to some killing soon and stop dragging out the table setting.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by shogz89: 8:29am On Apr 23, 2019
Ksslib:

Thank you for this. It begins to put things into perspective for me.

I know those books are dammmmn good & detailed - one of the reasons I want to read all. However, considering the show is at Season finale already, do you think it'll be wise to go back in time & read them with all the spoilers I now know?

I'm still contemplating if it'll be enjoyable , without that anti-climax feel , since I already kind of know what will happen.

Has anyone here ever watched a Movie/show and went back to read the books and still THEOUGHLY enjoyed it?
you will enjoy it.. thousand of things happend in the books before the beginnig of when the show started. example is the battle of Qohor where 3 thousand unsullied killed 12000 dothrakis and many more fanscinating events... there are more things to be read than what the shows have captured. do you know catlyn stak re-incarnated in the books?

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2019
Blockdock90:
I am really beginning to get irritated by the extreme leftist feminism propaganda in Game of thrones. It's even more glaring in this season. Unlike the positive feminism which seeks to empower women, create socio-ecomonic and socio-political equality among the sexes, and excise negative stereotypes about women which are born from sexist and misogynistic roots, the extreme leftist form of feminism seeks not just to empower women but to demasculinized men in the process. This toxic form of feminism seeks to weaken men and make women their masters. If you pay close attention to the recent episodes of game of thrones you'll notice how this theme has coloured the show.

All the powerful characters currently remaining in the show are all women. The only powerful male character bent the knee and surrendered his power to a woman. I honestly cannot think of a male character that embodies what the ideal should man represents: Strong, morally upright, industrious and noble. All the men who possess this traits are either castrated(to represent demasculinization), very old, disabled, outcasts or a dwarf. Contrast this with powerful female characters like Danny, Sansa, Arya, Brienne, Yara and even Lady mormont. The only powerful male character that fits this mould is REGULARLY demeaned by everyone, either for his height, his heritage or the fact that he knows nothing.

This last episode was just so irritating in terms of how the feminist bullshit was shoved in our faces. Jamie lannister, a man, is judged by two powerful women who occupy high moral grounds. He is only allowed to live when another powerful woman vouches for him, laying emphasis on the fact he lost his arm trying to protect her from rapists. Jeez.
Then you have the rude little mormont girl who is given too much talk time even in situations where more experienced male members of the council should talk.

There is also Brienne and her little bitch Podrick. That dude is a grown man and yet he's pushed around by a woman like he's her slave or something.

I could go on and on.
bro, I'm glad there are people like you out there. I wrote something about this feminist propaganda earlier. It just appear that most viewers are blind to these themes all they care about is dragons whitewalkers and other bullshít. Game of Thrones is currently the most powerful literature in the whole world right now and all the western feminists want is to use it to push their agenda and men just close their eyes to the whole bullshít, worse of it all, western beta males on Twitter are even cheering the men relegation to please women. I just weak

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 23, 2019
luxanne:

Whoa, don't you think you are taking all these up here too serious.

It's really hard to believe you wrote all these 'cause of episode 2.
I think you have no idea what is truly happening in the world right now

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.