Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1091717 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2019
Seun:

That won't do because the Lady of Winterfell needs heirs. Also, she needs someone who is intellectually stimulating. I want Sansa to get back with Tyrion. I think they bring out the best in each other. She will keep him grounded and he will teach her many things. They'll be unstoppable.

I'm also shipping Brienne and Tormund. His love is so pure smiley. He didn't get jealous when Jaime got to 'knight' her. He was just happy for her.

The incestous relationship between Jon and Dany has my support. People think that Dany will turn against Jon because of his claim, but I think she will surprise us. Her original motivation was to restore Targaryens to the throne that she felt was stolen from them. She supported Viserys and Karl Drogo*, but after they died and she got three dragons, she had no choice to take the throne by herself. As we saw in Mereen, Dany doesn't really enjoy ruling. She doesn't have the patience for it. Jon Snow, on the other hand, is a great ruler. I think she will support him. The argument they had after Jon revealed his parentage was very mellow. She didn't threaten to roast him or even raise her voice. They'll be fine.

The North will never accept a Lannister.

All these "ships" and canoes sef... Well, whatever rocks one's boat I guess, pun totally intended.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nani6666: 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2019
Best part of the episode was probably when Brienne was Knighted.... Great Scene

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
kay9:
The North will never accept a Lannister.
After he helps them to defeat the Night King and his sister using the information given to him by Bran, they will accept him.

All these "ships" and canoes sef... Well, whatever rocks one's boat I guess, pun totally intended.
I have to admit that Jaime x Brienne makes more sense than Tormund x Brienne, but the heart wants what it wants & mine wants the latter. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Rubyventures: 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
nani6666:

Who do you think she will go with? Jamie or the Ginger Wildling?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Unlimited22: 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
Seun:

That won't do because the Lady of Winterfell needs heirs. Also, she needs someone who is intellectually stimulating. I want Sansa to get back with Tyrion. I think they bring out the best in each other. She will keep him grounded and he will teach her many things. They'll be unstoppable.

I'm also shipping Brienne and Tormund. His love is so pure smiley. He didn't get jealous when Jaime got to 'knight' her. He was just happy for her.

The incestous relationship between Jon and Dany has my support. People think that Dany will turn against Jon because of his claim, but I think she will surprise us. Her original motivation was to restore Targaryens to the throne that she felt was stolen from them. She supported Viserys and Karl Drogo*, but after they died and she got three dragons, she had no choice to take the throne by herself. As we saw in Mereen, Dany doesn't really enjoy ruling. She doesn't have the patience for it. Jon Snow, on the other hand, is a great ruler. I think she will support him. The argument they had after Jon revealed his parentage was very mellow. She didn't threaten to roast him or even raise her voice. They'll be fine.
Tormund is in love with Brienne, who is in love with Jaime grin.

Sansa and Tyrion? Well, at least, the dwarf will have his uses. He has a magic cock, after all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nani6666: 2:38pm On Apr 23, 2019
Rubyventures:

Who do you think she will go with? Jamie or the Ginger Wildling?

It is obvious she can't stand the Wildling... And she is loving Jamie ✔️

It's just weird that Unlike Arya she didn't also do the deed before the world ends

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Thelonewolff(f): 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
streetdisciple:
the battle plan for the Night King is too simple and easy.....they are in for a big shocker
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TheTega(m): 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2019
360nobs/The Viewing Center - Game Of Thrones Recap Podcast..

So much fun listening to it

https://www.360nobs.com/2019/04/download-360nobs-game-of-thrones-recap-show-season-8-episode-2-a-knight-of-the-seven-kingdoms/
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bond77(m): 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2019
TheSTreetman:
Some shots from Episode three.

Arya running - not in the crypt. She's been injured, and bleeding from the right eye / her forehead. Not just anyone is able to get up close to Arya, nor injure her - and very few less are able to strike fear into her. Who is it?
headless Ned Stark
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2019
nani6666:
That's bitter-sweet for me because people are saying that she is likely to die in the upcoming battle since she has achieved her life's dream.

streetdisciple:
the battle plan for the Night King is too simple and easy.....they are in for a big shocker
On the other hand, they didn't disclose the information that Bran gave Tyrion. I think Tyrion will use it to develop a clever plan against the NK.

streetdisciple:
I think everyone going down to the crypt of winterfell for safety will be fvcked, because the crypt is full of dead starks and the Night King can raise the dead. Expect to see some wight rickon and wight ned grin grin grin unless the crypt have some magical spell on its own
It is shocking that none of the characters in the show even said anything about this. Especially Bran, who witnessed the skeleton attack below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InnPxjfEPyk

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2019
At hardhome, the night king waited for the battle to be over before he rose the dead.

Does anyone know of any reasons lore-wise why he couldn't do that during the battle?

Surely that's an easy lay up there. Kill the defenders and raise them up immediately behind enemy lines?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2019
ntyce:

By tradition, women can't be knights... So why make her one?
Trying to prove equality, I guess.
I wonder if a woman will be named a Maester to?

noticed d feminism agenda since season 6...I'm jst glad dis is d final season..cos at dis rate dey gon ruin GOT wit d need to b politically ryt..

That's how they ruined Grey's anatomy...females taking ova everytin n men playing 2nd fiddle n being bumbling fools at it..
Greys was such a grt series ...luctkily GOT will avoid dt fate cos it ends wit dis season..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2019
fecta:

I have witnessed incest, gore and rape sex scenes in game of thrones.
But none of them affected me the way Arya sex scene hurt me.

It was like watching your daughter or sister you grew up with have sex cry cry cry
it was hard to watch man..i had to pause d film n get used to d idea Dt small innocent Arya has joined bad gang, b4 playing it Bak..

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Uyiii: 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2019
HanksAnuku:
At hardhome, the night king waited for the battle to be over before he rose the dead.

Does anyone know of any reasons lore-wise why he couldn't do that during the battle?

Surely that's an easy lay up there. Kill the defenders and raise them up immediately behind enemy lines?

If I comprehend your question correctly, you're asking if the NK won't wait for the battle to be over in WF, then raise up the dead afterwards.

I think fighting with the use of fire is gonna be very instrumental in the war. If you can recall, Edd in his conversation between Sam and Jon reiterated that the last of them should make sure they all get burnt.

NK can't raise up a burnt soul unless of course the ones not burnt.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BluntBlunt: 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2019
Why are they not making use of wildlife to fight the dead?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BluntBlunt: 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2019
fecta:

I have witnessed incest, gore and rape sex scenes in game of thrones.
But none of them affected me the way Arya sex scene hurt me.

It was like watching your daughter or sister you grew up with have sex cry cry cry

OMG, you practically spoke my mind. I mean she grew up before our very eyes.

Also the part tormond talked about being breastfed with giants milk for 3months was hilarious.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 4:06pm On Apr 23, 2019
Sasquatch:
What if the Night King is actually headed to Kings Landing whilst his army is attacking Winterfell - grabbing himself an easy million + extra wights?

Hear me out...

The Night King isn’t the traditional villain he actually has won every battle he was in. His extremely calculative when it comes to his every move, no move seems to be unplanned.

Dany:

Dany had a vision of Kings Landing in complete ruin with snow...the place was deserted, not a single soul in sight. Before season 7 I use to think that Dany herself would destroy Kings Landing because she said that she is going to destroy the wheel..

Night King gets a dragon. Changes everything.

Bran:

Bran has a vision of a dragon flying over Kings Landing - again, I use to think that this was Dany until he got a dragon.

Bran said the Nights King can see where he is, what if unknowingly to Bran he can also access Brans memories thus revealing their plans?

One dragon vs two isn’t a risk I think the Night King would stupidly take. It makes no sense for him to put himself up against those odds.

Thoughts?

interesting...well thought!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
HanksAnuku:
Well, a few thoughts.

There were at least 3 or 4 references to the crypt being the safest part of the castle. All the women and children are there. It's also where the stark dead are buried. The night king can raise the dead.

What could possibly go wrong?

For my money, I also think greyworm is a goner. Maybe missandeei too. There's literally no point devoting screen time to telling us their retirement plans, if the directors actually intend for us to see it.

As an aside, what do the unsullied fight for sef? They don't get paid a salary as far as I can tell. Has their situation really changed since astapor?

As far as we know, they're still following orders unquestioningly, and still killing people that never personally had issues with them - so what compels them to live, kill and die for Danaerys?

Well, maybe that's why greyworm is hoping to branch out and open his own security company sha.

Why would anybody trust Theon in their army ffs? He has a history of being ignored by his own men, captured by opponents, or running away from battle. I don't care if his redemption arc was penned by Jesus himself, this is not a guy you want fighting alongside you regardless.

I think Brienne's knighthood has marked her for death.

I also need the show to give Tyrion something to be clever about. I'm tired of hearing about his mind, without actually seeing him do anything intelligent. All he's done is drink wine, make dry quips and look morose.

The mormont girl adds nothing to this show, other than childish impertinence and girl power. Night king, please take her away.

Sam making a huge song and dance of stealing the family sword, only to give it away at the first opportunity - I'm tired of him.

Someone already pointed out the contradictions in Sansa's speech to Danaerys - men can be manipulated? When they manipulated you your whole life? Nightking, this one is ready for you too bro.

Also, unpopular opinion, I did not care much for Podrick's song.

highlight of the episode for me is tormmund telling how he killed a giant, and then sucked the wife's bööbs for 4 months grin

My emotional fix this week came from the death of a sergio ramos lookalike leprechaun, on a different show.

This episode was a bit meh as well. They better get to some killing soon and stop dragging out the table setting.
Now that you mention it, Sergio really looks like leprechaun from AG.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by streetdisciple: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
BluntBlunt:
Why are they not making use of wildlife to fight the dead?

Cersei have copyright on Wildfire grin grin

but how come Jon snow didn't suggest the kind of Benjen's weapon
it is fast and effective just one swing can kill and burn 5 wights at once

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BluntBlunt: 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
streetdisciple:

It just seems like the best weapon to use
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by PaulAris: 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2019
tintingz:
Sansa and Theon un-romantic and emotional bond is getting stronger, I think they will be a good couple.
Couple?
Well, its such a pity he's got nothing to consummate the affair.
So to leave us from wondering and cracking our heads on how, I pretty much guess death awaits one of them, if not both.
Sad!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
Blockdock90:
I am really beginning to get irritated by the extreme leftist feminism propaganda in Game of thrones. It's even more glaring in this season. Unlike the positive feminism which seeks to empower women, create socio-ecomonic and socio-political equality among the sexes, and excise negative stereotypes about women which are born from sexist and misogynistic roots, the extreme leftist form of feminism seeks not just to empower women but to demasculinized men in the process. This toxic form of feminism seeks to weaken men and make women their masters. If you pay close attention to the recent episodes of game of thrones you'll notice how this theme has coloured the show.

All the powerful characters currently remaining in the show are all women. The only powerful male character bent the knee and surrendered his power to a woman. I honestly cannot think of a male character that embodies what the ideal should man represents: Strong, morally upright, industrious and noble. All the men who possess this traits are either castrated(to represent demasculinization), very old, disabled, outcasts or a dwarf. Contrast this with powerful female characters like Danny, Sansa, Arya, Brienne, Yara and even Lady mormont. The only powerful male character that fits this mould is REGULARLY demeaned by everyone, either for his height, his heritage or the fact that he knows nothing.

This last episode was just so irritating in terms of how the feminist bullshit was shoved in our faces. Jamie lannister, a man, is judged by two powerful women who occupy high moral grounds. He is only allowed to live when another powerful woman vouches for him, laying emphasis on the fact he lost his arm trying to protect her from rapists. Jeez.
Then you have the rude little mormont girl who is given too much talk time even in situations where more experienced male members of the council should talk.

There is also Brienne and her little bitch Podrick. That dude is a grown man and yet he's pushed around by a woman like he's her slave or something.

I could go on and on.
U jst expressed my tots completely...It all began in season 4 den 5..bt by season 6 any careful observer wld av decoded hw rife the show was wit leftist feminism..
Sad state of affairs wen a show dis grt is being undermined by inconsequentialities such as dis...

d oda day I saw a woman actin as a soldier in d passion of Christ drama on good Friday..i had to Lol

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TheSTreetman: 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2019
streetdisciple:

That wildfire would have been best. Just set in the field and burn them all.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2019
JhyMedex:

interesting...well thought!
Thanks
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kenturkish(m): 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2019
streetdisciple:

They might have it for all you know.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by lekkie073(m): 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2019
Who exactly is going to kill the Night King?
Any guess with rationalization
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by tintingz(m): 5:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
Aystarz:

If that rubbish develops, then Sansa has got to be the most unfortunate lady in the whole wide world. How do you go from marrying a depraved dwarf, a ne'redowell Ramsay Bolton to a corkless broken Theron.....and not know say devil dey use you?
Sansa may not have interest in dîcks again after the sexual violence by that psychopath. So Theon is a good option for her.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2019
lilbest4:
Because a story is beautiful doesn't mean you should just enjoy it and forget the underlying motif
When I was in secondary school I read Purple Hibiscus by Adichie I enjoyed the images and story so much that I read it over and over again but after studying literary criticism in the university, I read it again and then I saw the underlying messages of how men are monsters and how innocent women fall victims to male brutality.
The fact that Ramsey raped Sansa still serves to promote the "metoo" movement and the stereotype that males are sexually predators and aggressors.

The whores in the film does not in any way suggest male dominance there are whores everywhere thousands of girls move willingly into brothels monthly none of them are forced into it. Go to the nearest hotel, motel or brothel to you and confirm for yourself. Prostitution is not in anyway female oppression.
Cersei is my favorite character, when she was crowned queen, did anyone complain?
I think you should go to Twitter and see for yourself what feminists are saying about the " fúck tradition" by Tormound.
When you read a book like Beyond the Horizon you will probably enjoy the story but that doesn't mean there are no underlying messages in simple funny rather seemingly casual conversation
Arya never succumb to Ned and Ned didn't force her to accept his wish in fact Ned hired the dancing master to train Arya when he discovered that she was determined

Thumbs up bruh..
dt Endy10 guy was making sense till he decided to relegate his brain....As already pointed out..GOT is prolly d most powerful show in the world..it ministers to close to a billion pple..Such a show has gon beyond ur everyday movie it has transcended the realm btw make believe n a paradigm shifting event...Dey using the show to promote leftist feminist propaganda and some dude say we shldnt talk abt it..

SMH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iamJ(m): 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2019
Bossjakande:
haahaha iamj
a lion doesnt concern himself with the affairs of sheeps
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iamJ(m): 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2019
lekkie073:
Who exactly is going to kill the Night King?
Any guess with rationalization
jon

(1) (2) (3) ... (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.