Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,959 members, 7,810,652 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1088608 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:07am On Apr 28, 2019
Eberex:

The argument is ....if the wall had magic, what other magic is out there that can pull it down? Blue flame from the dragon?

Dragons are magic. Fire made flesh.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:12am On Apr 28, 2019
Gmajor:
Imo, Tywin will make a better leader than Ned Stark
Have you read AFFC and ADWD ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 9:21am On Apr 28, 2019
Gbola5:

Have you read AFFC and ADWD ?
No I haven't. What's your point?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2019
Gmajor:

No I haven't. What's your point?

That mocking Ned has become fashionable, while cheekier characters get a pass. Those two books give a comparison of how both Ned and Tywin's legacies look like after their deaths. You have people rallying to fight for the Ned's children. That many people conflict winning for intelligence.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:43am On Apr 28, 2019
raumdeuter:
Ned with his honour was naive,
He found out about the Lannisters incest and acted impulsively to blow the whistle and expel them. A family that is the richest with many loyalists
Baelish told him that this is the Capital and we are all liars here. Instead of him to relax and plan his strategy properly, he went fully to declare war and lost his head

Robb was naive and foolish, the most foolish man in the show. The Lannisters were killing his family but he couldn't touch the Lannisters. He even beheaded Karstark for striking 2 Lannister boys. Robb also reneged on a promise to marry Frey's daughter.
He deserved to die

So Ned's honor (labelled his lack of wit) got him killed, but Robb's lack of honor thereof ( in not marrying the Frey girl and following his heart(show)) got him killed. Which is it ? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kenturkish(m): 10:08am On Apr 28, 2019
echibuogwu:
he wasn’t a soldier, the night watch wouldn’t have believed him either, he didn’t survive the white walkers attack, he was spared, he saw himself as a lucky and he did what any man would do.
Ned beheaded a ranger of the night's watch for deserting.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by echibuogwu(m): 10:14am On Apr 28, 2019
Like I said too, Ned thought he was lying
Gmajor:

Like I said earlier, an excellent excuse does not absolve anyone of a crime
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 10:17am On Apr 28, 2019
Gbola5:

That mocking Ned has become fashionable, while cheekier characters get a pass. Those two books give a comparison of how both Ned and Tywin's legacies look like after their deaths. You have people rallying to fight for the Ned's children. That many people conflict winning for intelligence.

The only people fighting for the Ned's children are the Northerners (and not even all of them) . Many Westerosi view Ned Stark as an usurper (he confessed to that). He died without 'honor'.
We like the Starks because we know the 'behind the scenes', the characters do not. Only the few who managed to connect the dots are reluctantly changing their POV.
Tywin on the other hand died with 'honor'. He was killed by his dwarf son who had already killed the king. The people who rejoiced at his death were those who stood to gain from a weakened House Lannister . They (eg Tyrells) knew that Kevan and Cersei couldn't fill the void.
We know the truth behind all this but once again the characters do not.
GoT mirrors real life. Those politicians we view as bad may actually be the good ones.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 10:59am On Apr 28, 2019
I just dey wonder.

Even the White Walkers have upgraded. The started naked but now they wear uniforms with boots and armour....to match.

Anyway they even have a huge dragon-dragging chain. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 11:04am On Apr 28, 2019
meforkene:
I just dey wonder.

Even the White Walkers have upgraded. The started naked but now they wear uniforms with boots and armour....to match.

Anyway they even have a huge dragon-dragging chain. grin

They went shopping. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 11:15am On Apr 28, 2019
LeSulk:

They went shopping. grin
hehehe...no wonder.
But quick one. What do the following have in common? :
Beric Dondarrion Greyworm Jorah Theon Brienne And maybe Tormund
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 11:18am On Apr 28, 2019
iamharkinwaley:

Yes

Download HERE
grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2019
meforkene:

hehehe...no wonder.

But quick one. What do the following have in common? :

Beric Dondarrion
Greyworm
Jorah
Theon
Brienne
And maybe Tormund

They are all dying next

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 28, 2019
sad

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 28, 2019
Hereee
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 11:44am On Apr 28, 2019
Eberex:

They are all dying next
You sabi book too much.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Thelonewolff(f): 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2019
If I was a boy I would prefer Tyrion's kind of death, " a belly full of wine and girls mount around my coccck @ 80

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by raumdeuter: 12:52pm On Apr 28, 2019
Gbola5:

So Ned's honor (labelled his lack of wit) got him killed, but Robb's lack of honor thereof ( in not marrying the Frey girl and following his heart(show)) got him killed. Which is it ? undecided

Discretion is the bigger part of valor, Ned needed to evaluate his environment before taking action on his honour.
Lannisters are very powerful, rich and very influential in kings landing, Ned found out about their incestuous relationship and about Roberts bastards and he moved immediately against the lannisters knowing that knowledge was probably what killed Jon Arryn.

He was rash to take action on his honour and that's stupid. Many people warned him but he didn't heed. Even Jamie a kings guard attacked him on the streets should have given him a hint but he still went on

That honor caused his family woes and the innocent bastards their lives
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2019
Gmajor:

You can and you should. The two of them are different and separate. When a book is adapted to show, the two of them become separate. You can't excuse a plot hole or a poorly executed plot from the show simply because the details are in the book. It is the work of the show runners to ensure that the relevant details are in the show. Shikina

You people want me to talk again.

No matter how much the producers deviate from ASOIAF and cannot cast the books aside. You'd miss so many things.

Examples:
If you watched only the series, I'm very sure you didn't know about R+L=J until it was shown.

Someone here said the wall was built to prevent the widlings from crossing. Who does that? If he had properly read the books he would know the answer to this.

The show mad no reference to the killing of Elia Martell and her children until season 4. There was no back story, just Gbam! They raped her and killed her children...who, how, when did all this happen. This is where you need the book brother.

The show can't show you everything, and even thought they've added their own story to it, the book will always remain key. If it wasn't, why then do they still seek GRRM's advice?

The book is key...if you really want to know and understand ASOIAF
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 1:54pm On Apr 28, 2019
LeSulk:

The only people fighting for the Ned's children are the Northerners (and not even all of them) . Many Westerosi view Ned Stark as an usurper (he confessed to that). He died without 'honor'.
We like the Starks because we know the 'behind the scenes', the characters do not. Only the few who managed to connect the dots are reluctantly changing their POV.
Tywin on the other hand died with 'honor'. He was killed by his dwarf son who had already killed the king. The people who rejoiced at his death were those who stood to gain from a weakened House Lannister . They (eg Tyrells) knew that Kevan and Cersei couldn't fill the void.
We know the truth behind all this but once again the characters do not.
GoT mirrors real life. Those politicians we view as bad may actually be the good ones.

Sometimes I come to nairaland for the comical relief.
Tywin died with honour?
Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2019
raumdeuter:

Discretion is the bigger part of valor, Ned needed to evaluate his environment before taking action on his honour.
Lannisters are very powerful, rich and very influential in kings landing, Ned found out about their incestuous relationship and about Roberts bastards and he moved immediately against the lannisters knowing that knowledge was probably what killed Jon Arryn.

He was rash to take action on his honour and that's stupid. Many people warned him but he didn't heed. Even Jamie a kings guard attacked him on the streets should have given him a hint but he still went on

That honor caused his family woes and the innocent bastards their lives

You can't just decide when to display honour. It's a quality that comes with being an honourable person, no two ways about it.

I can't say I'm a truthful person and then proceeded to tell lies. That means I'm not a truthful person, instead I say the truth most of the times...two different things.

Ned was an honourable man. He reverberated honour. It was a way of life for him. And it was his strength, not his weakness. And his people loved him for it.

7 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
Endy10:

Sometimes I come to nairaland for the comical relief. Tywin died with honour? Lol
Bwahahahahahah.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
Endy10:

You people want me to talk again.

No matter how much the producers deviate from ASOIAF and cannot cast the books aside. You'd miss so many things.

Examples:
If you watched only the series, I'm very sure you didn't know about R+L=J until it was shown.

Someone here said the wall was built to prevent the widlings from crossing. Who does that? If he had properly read the books he would know the answer to this.

The show mad no reference to the killing of Elia Martell and her children until season 4. There was no back story, just Gbam! They raped her and killed her children...who, how, when did all this happen. This is where you need the book brother.

The show can't show you everything, and even thought they've added their own story to it, the book will always remain key. If it wasn't, why then do they still seek GRRM's advice?

The book is key...if you really want to know and understand ASOIAF
I still stand by what I said. The book and the series are separate entities. If you need to check up on the book in order to understand what is going on in the story then the show runners has done a very terrible adaption
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tapout(m): 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2019
Googleinc:
sad

thanos will beat the night king blue black!!

Come to think of it, we never actually seen the night king fight oh sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 3:57pm On Apr 28, 2019
Virus99:
While we are waiting for Episode 3 tonight...
Can somebody pls give me a link to download Avengers End Game ?

Haba!!! Go to the cinema naw! The download you will get now will not be clear

I've seen the movie and I'll implore you to do the same. #2500 ticket

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Psady(m): 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2019
I think Theon Greyjoy will be first notable character to die tonight,killed by the night King.after volunteering to guard Bran in the godswood.mehn dat guy odd not to survive nah midget,death dey smell around him.Sansa dey try console my guy in disguise, she know what's coming even if she never see NK before,atleast she hear tales.my assumption though.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 6:45pm On Apr 28, 2019
GRIMMJOE:
Seems there's something wrong with your comprehension skills,when we were told Jon's the true heir to the throne.

Misogynist pig on the loose

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.