Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,899 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1089485 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 12:31pm On May 03, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Bros why u too dey lie. Nobody knew Arya was up to something until it happened. You talk as if you are the only one that seem to pay attention to conversation on the show and understand it immediately.
Please spare us this bullsh!t abeg.

My understanding and yours is not the same.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 12:40pm On May 03, 2019
Endy10:

My understanding and yours is not the same.
I was expecting this response from you. Of course we have different understanding of events. But you talk as if you have the best understanding than everyone on this thread.

Abeg shift, I don't have time to be replying you. Mr. Knoweth all.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 12:41pm On May 03, 2019
Endy10:

The thing is, if people really pay attention to conversations in game of thrones and try to understand stand them instead of just waiting for the next battles scene, they will be able to escape some surprises.

Take for example the death of the night king. Arya and The Hound just escaped being lynched by the wights. In the room they lock themselves in they see the red woman (I don't have the power to write her name). She tells Arya about shutting many eyes forever... Brown eyes, green eyes... And blue eyes. The moment she said blue eyes, if you watched well, you'd have seen understanding suddenly wash over Arya's face. It also washed over my face and then I knew Arya was about to do something everyone wouldn't expect.

Pls oo. Before people quote me wrong. I didn't say I knew Arya would kill the night king and fly like a ninja. However I knew any plan to end that war would involve her in a massive way

Arya had already shut a number of blue eyes before that scene.

As mellisandre was repeating a prophecy she had made BEFORE the battle of winterfell, and both parties were reminiscing about their past encounter, i took that line mean something along the lines of "i no tell you?"

Obviously hindsight is always 20-20, but I don't think Mellisandre was telling us what would happen.

Mellisandre has also gotten prophecies spectacularly wrong, even after getting the subjects to look into the flames and see stuff.

On that basis, there isn't really a compelling argument (at least to me) that Mellisandre was telling us what was going to happen.

In fact, I think this was the first prophecy that she's actually gotten right on the show...and she had to rely on a greater power than the Lord of light to bring the prophecy to fruition.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 12:41pm On May 03, 2019
Jhymedex
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by scarletkinq(m): 12:43pm On May 03, 2019
vetrovialMan:

Bros abeg send to me Kris.ogboo@gmail.com
please forward to me too euadams1@gmail.com thanks
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LukeSavage: 12:44pm On May 03, 2019
GRIMMJOE:
This is is how the Night King should have been defeated

NOTE: I'm not trying to put down the show or anything
**clears throat**

The night king approaches Bran about to kill him,Arya jumps in for a stab, before she could catch the dagger,in mid air the NK slaps it away,swings his sword but she manages to slip through,trys to reach the dagger but he's in the way,
And here we see something we've never seen before,she goes hand to hand with the NK confident,but was beating to a pulp,broken bones,torn flesh ,still trying to get to the dagger,dragging herself on her stomach,now the NK has a clear shot to end this futile resistance.

Here Jon intervenes,knowing how good a fighter he is,exchanges clash with the Nk,over powers him and goes straight for the kill,unexpectly the Nk uses his left arm to block the stab which we see begins to turn ice,in anticipation all waiting for him to explode.

But suddenly his eyes glowed brighter than before,Jon in fear quickly picks up a wooden shield which was punched through rendering his sword arm broken and useless.
Arya and Jon at their limit,Jon gave Arya a stare,which spells out he now knows what he has to sacrifice,charges towards the night king only to be stabbed,about to hit the floor,but bravely held the night king hands along with his sword and shouted "NOW!!!"

Arya pulling her self up with the dagger in her hand reaching for the Nk.At this point the NK realizes he's going to die,quickly summons Viseron,knowing he's immune to fire intends burning everyone along with his walkers.
Viseron breathing out fire but pushed out of the way by Daenerys on Drogon,and finally Arya stabs him,but just before he explodes he whispers "This Name shall be on your list", and we can see the shock in Arya's face.
At the round table meeting after the battle,Jon in curiosity asked Arya "what name?who?"

... she replied " Bran "

Bosses of this thread your verdict is required,I would really like to know what you guys think,if there's a another way it could have gone let's know...and yes insult are wellcome cheesy

Seun , Ksillib , Gman365 , Meforkene , Aryasand , Yonce , Cybertext , Kay9 , BrainiacX , Gbola5
, GrabHisBalls , cybertext , Buharifanatic , babalonshee
, rayornb , LoRdCaT , Magnifico2000
, iomoge2

After chocking on your Diiickk and during your near death experience you had a premonition which begot this charade u called a write up.

NK is dead, you'll ain't happy wit it should deal with it. It doesn't matter if he died to easy or not the bigger picture is the fight with Cersie and her army. Cos she right dere, she's the big MVP of a Villain.

Whichever way I'm pleased with the way HBO ended Episode 3 cos to me i felt dere wasn't any hope Seeing the way NK was winning the fight and all our favorite character were about to meet there waterloo.

FYI: Seat your Assss down and just watch the Awesomenificent called GOT

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by scarletkinq(m): 12:47pm On May 03, 2019
bond77:

you are welcome
pls forward to my mail too. if you have other GRRM materials I would love for you to send it to me thanks
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 03, 2019
The war with cersie is the main war because she is the baddest biitch in the show and also the evilest I mean I raise head for cersie after season 6 when she used wildfire to burn all her enemies, now that Dany army has reduced and they are now in their weaken state, the war will be the bomb especially when it will look as if they will lose due to their weaken state but anyway looking forward to the remaining episodes

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 1:00pm On May 03, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Arya had already shut a number of blue eyes before that scene.

As mellisandre was repeating a prophecy she had made BEFORE the battle of winterfell, and both parties were reminiscing about their past encounter, i took that line mean something along the lines of "i no tell you?"

Obviously hindsight is always 20-20, but I don't think Mellisandre was telling us what would happen.

Mellisandre has also gotten prophecies spectacularly wrong, even after getting the subjects to look into the flames and see stuff.

On that basis, there isn't really a compelling argument (at least to me) that Mellisandre was telling us what was going to happen.

In fact, I think this was the first prophecy that she's actually gotten right on the show...and she had to rely on a greater power than the Lord of light to bring the prophecy to fruition.

All you wrote is true. What I meant was from the expression on Arya's face when Mellisandre said blue eyes, given the fact that the walker have blue eyes, I expected some big.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 1:06pm On May 03, 2019
Magnifico2000:

I was expecting this response from you. Of course we have different understanding of events. But you talk as if you have the best understanding than everyone on this thread.

Abeg shift, I don't have time to be replying you. Mr. Knoweth all.

@bolded is your own understanding. I am not responsible for it. I have admitted to being wrong on this thread before. We all share ideas, theory, expectations, corrections,...,observations here because that is what this thread was created for.

If you feel you don't need to reply any of my post, then there is no need to quote me. This can be the last.

However, if you feel like you want to have the last word, then the floor is yours.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Uhtred(m): 1:11pm On May 03, 2019
Seconded.
Tapout:
Theon dey fvck up sha angry carry spear dey charge at nk surrounded by night Walkers and Wights. He would have just tossed it or waited for nk to attack.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 1:27pm On May 03, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Danaerys could have very well stayed put on her island which was very defendable. She had 3 dragons, the unsullied and the Dothraki. She could have waited for the zombie horde to find a way to cross the sea and come to her.

She did not need to go to winterfell to 'survive'. She was also not in winterfell by accident. She went to winterfell to support Jon Snows war efforts.

Cersei is chilling now in Kings Landing having decided on that exact strategy.

Danaerys went north to fight for the north sir. Any other argument is facetious at best.

Well said Sir...

After being on dis thread for a good part of 5yrs...I've come to undastand we may watch d same tins but process dem differently...I try as much as I can not to engage in lengthy and fruitless haggling...

Bt seriously hw do peeps say "Dany was fytin 4 herself not 4 d north" wit a straight face...
grin

Haba I tire o..

She had everytin she needed to win d war against the whitewalkers..

1. The dragon glass dey used to decimate d wights were mined from dragon stone her seat of power in westeros..

2. She had ova 30000 dothraki screamers..

3. 5000 unsullied left..3 full grown dragons..

4. a powrful armada n some of d wisest advisers in d 7 kingdoms...

the north stood no chance witx her..Jon made dt abundantly clear on numerous occasions bt seems some pple will rather be selectively blind..

Lets not 4get she has forces at Yunkai..Astapor and Meereen to call up on..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 2:41pm On May 03, 2019
larride:

Wait bro, I hope you are not confusing the Night King with Thanos? Because nothing we have seen so before the last episode suggest that the Night King is super strong. In fact, The show never show us whether the Night King can fight or not.

So where do you get your own fact that the Night King is super strong from?

Are we watching the same series?

U my good friend clearly r not..

Any careful observer will notice dt in

1. Season 3 Sam killed a WW ..bt b4 he did the WW hit him wit jst a fist n big fat Sam was flung away like a piece of rock..goes to show u hw strong they r...if a WW cld b dt strong hw much more their King the NK ..

2. Season 5 HARDHOME showed us the NK's generals in action...One killed a thenn in one on one combat..He fought Jon too n was rily handing him his backside..

3. Season 7 beyond the wall..The NK killed a dragon wit one throw of his spear..

From everytin d show has shown us..The WW and wights r super strong..super fast n good fighters .....
These guys r an extension of d nyt king..

Wat makes u tink den dt he the NK cannot fyt?..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 2:45pm On May 03, 2019
Drpene:
Arya didn't wear any stupid face or hide on the tree. She was purely running at the NK. The wights there didn't do anything just as when theon was running at the NK too.

Lol..the length pple go to defend their opinions..grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 2:59pm On May 03, 2019
Akinya17:
Am rewatching season 8 episode 3 for the third time just for fun. I think someone screamed Holy Ghost fire while Melinsandre was trying to light up the treaches. grin. Check out 28.04

Also, check out Gendry 's moves from 37.00 grin grin

ROTFL ..u made me laugh so hard I tink I heard sth pop!.

Had to go watch d holy ghost fire part n seriously u not wrong!..

Sounded very much like holy ghost fire!..like d ones u hear booming out of a church speaker on a gud Sunday morning!..grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BRAINZBox(m): 3:29pm On May 03, 2019
Endy10:

I wish nairaland had an emoji that shows someone actually laughing and rolling on the floor....Sinve there is none, manage this one grin

Thank God Oga Seun is on this thread... We need more emojis tongue
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 3:37pm On May 03, 2019
geezyk:
There's nowhere in the show that it was stated that the NK was a good fighter, and the NK himself has witnessed Jon kill one of his commanders, and to say the least, the ice spear or sword get shattered when in contact with Valyrian steel, like in the case of Hardhome.

The NK knew of this already, reason why he raised the dead to fight on his behalf, so he can get a chance to complete his mission.

Bruh the ice spear doesn't shatter go watch dt again...
Any steel dt comes in contact wit d ice spear shatters..

only valyrians steel doesn't..

wen Jon was fytin s WW at hardhome his valyrian steel stopped the ice spear ..not shatter it..

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by MrWondah(m): 3:39pm On May 03, 2019
This is no doubt the most discussed episode and one of the most controversial.

This is exactly what the showrunners wants.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 3:44pm On May 03, 2019
geezyk:
I really don't know which race you want as the most advanced! according to the shows, humans really the most advanced, and from the build up from S01 up to S08 there's no hint that the NK is a skilled fighter, all that was known was that he could raise the dead and the dead fights for him.

Quote me otherwise with facts.
Bruh admit u lost dis one...

D way d lore goes is ;

the children of d forest made the NK as a superior fyter to help dem defeat the first Men wen a war broke out among them...

He was such an effective weapon n became so strong and powerful ..

He turned on his creators even..Both the first Men n children cowered in fear of him...

hw den can u say a guy who was created as a fytin soldier n who actually accomplished his task cannot fyt ..?...

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 3:59pm On May 03, 2019
GRIMMJOE:

**clears throat**

The night king approaches Bran about to kill him,Arya jumps in for a stab, before she could catch the dagger,in mid air the NK slaps it away,swings his sword but she manages to slip through,trys to reach the dagger but he's in the way,
And here we see something we've never seen before,she goes hand to hand with the NK confident,but was beating to a pulp,broken bones,torn flesh ,still trying to get to the dagger,dragging herself on her stomach,now the NK has a clear shot to end this futile resistance.

Here Jon intervenes,knowing how good a fighter he is,exchanges clash with the Nk,over powers him and goes straight for the kill,unexpectly the Nk uses his left arm to block the stab which we see begins to turn ice,in anticipation all waiting for him to explode.

But suddenly his eyes glowed brighter than before,Jon in fear quickly picks up a wooden shield which was punched through rendering his sword arm broken and useless.
Arya and Jon at their limit,Jon gave Arya a stare,which spells out he now knows what he has to sacrifice,charges towards the night king only to be stabbed,about to hit the floor,but bravely held the night king hands along with his sword and shouted "NOW!!!"

Arya pulling her self up with the dagger in her hand reaching for the Nk.At this point the NK realizes he's going to die,quickly summons Viseron,knowing he's immune to fire intends burning everyone along with his walkers.
Viseron breathing out fire but pushed out of the way by Daenerys on Drogon,and finally Arya stabs him,but just before he explodes he whispers "This Name shall be on your list", and we can see the shock in Arya's face.
At the round table meeting after the battle,Jon in curiosity asked Arya "what name?who?"

... she replied " Bran "

Bosses of this thread your verdict is required,I would really like to know what you guys think,if there's a another way it could have gone let's know...and yes insult are wellcome cheesy

Seun , Ksillib , Gman365 , Meforkene , Aryasand , Yonce , Cybertext , Kay9 , BrainiacX , Gbola5
, iomoge2
well done sir..I 4 one will av bn Quite ecstatic at such a close for the NK..

Liked the "this name shall b on it list" bit too..

cc: D & D

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 4:02pm On May 03, 2019
meforkene:

I checked, I didn't see Ghost.

Here you go....

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 4:09pm On May 03, 2019
Uyiii:

Aside wanting to tell him to stfu before I even perused what he dropped, nothing personal at all Bros-grimmjoe.

But my mehn, can you please go through what he proposed again and this time read slowly so you can highlight the loopholes here since we're all trying to be very realistic.

See, we can drag this talk for a very long arse time till the next episode falls-in and to say the truth, it ain't worth my time.

- He said Jon intervened. Intervened who?! How did he pass the dragon - viserion?! We're here still contemplating on how Arya sneaked on the NK and you want to include Jon, a person absolutely lacking of Arya's assassin skills?!

- Let's say Jon and Arya got through as he proposed. So the wights and generals will just be watching the fight like spectators as Jon and Arya are doing their thing with the NK?! LMAO.

For the main show Bros, the reactions to how the _NK died is very relative to an individual. For me, wow! Couldn't have been better than that.
Oh! You wanted Arya to die in the process, like seriously.
So a character like Arya dies and we watch who on TV??!

All these fans sef, una own just too muchgrin!
C'mon..Wit such an ending modifications will b made to d episode..

Viserion wld b fytin Rhaegal in a dance of dragons..

The generals will b elsewhr wreakin havoc..Cos there was no point to dem being wit d NK in d godswood wit Bran a cripple..

And abt Arya dying..y not?!..

Dis is part of d reason the show gained the widespread acceptance it be has..no one is beyond dying..dey didnt care abt dt wen d killed Ned or Robb or oberyn...

BTW d red woman's last act cld av bn raising Arya bak to life to replace beric dt has bn killed !..

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 4:26pm On May 03, 2019
Magnifico2000:
Jhymedex
wetin happen?..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 4:26pm On May 03, 2019
Magnifico2000:
Jhymedex
wetin happen?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 4:36pm On May 03, 2019
Cybertext:

Here you go....
lmao, Abeg that's a goat jor grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 4:41pm On May 03, 2019
Nicolars:
lmao, Abeg that's a goat jor grin

grin white goat abi?? Well Ghost is sha not dead as presumed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by joshjc(m): 4:53pm On May 03, 2019
it seems Arya will soon die,due to drake cause
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by babalonshee(m): 5:36pm On May 03, 2019
GRIMMJOE:

**clears throat**

... she replied " Bran "

, iomoge2

script writing is different from directing it took them months to come up with the scene we just watched on Monday in just 80mins fact is they gave us a good scene the only issh was it was too dark
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 6:00pm On May 03, 2019
Endy10:

All you wrote is true. What I meant was from the expression on Arya's face when Mellisandre said blue eyes, given the fact that the walker have blue eyes, I expected some big.

Wrong wrong wrong !!! Has Arya met the night king to know if his eyes are blue? Huh? Green eyes, brown eyes.....yes she has killed lots of them. Or are you telling me Fray and all his family members she killed, none had green or brown eyes?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:16pm On May 03, 2019
Cybertext:

Here you go....
Una get sharp eyes o.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:19pm On May 03, 2019
hammerFC:

BABA, SINCE MORNING FP MATTER FOR NAIRALAND BOYZ, MAKE WE BANTER? ABI KILODE? grin

I DROP THE THREAD BEFORE, I ENTER WORK, I HAVE FINISH AND U STILL NEVER FP?

HOW DO U APPRECIATE US UR LOYAL FOLLOWERS FROM WAY BACK IN TIME?

https://www.nairaland.com/5160127/video-asari-dokubo-address-issues/2#78026386
That doesn't look like Tyrion Lannister.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BafanaBafana: 6:21pm On May 03, 2019
Endy10:

You are right bro. Arya was scared after escaping that attack from those guys but Immediately the red woman mentioned blue eyes, I saw a kind of energy flash through her and she walks away like she had a mission to fulfil.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.