Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (791) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1092269 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nitrogen(m): 6:42pm On May 13, 2019
Honestly, am still shaking. Can't believe what I just saw. Fuvk Dany one million times!

She will die!

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by WarriAproko: 6:43pm On May 13, 2019
The best fight of GOT is between the two brothers. Waiting for a very long time to settle their scores. Mountain is really a beast. That guy nor dey die at all.. the hound only way is for both of them to die. I see one of the Starks either arya or sansa dying. Maybe arya will sacrifice her self. She will kill Danny and her drogon will kill her. Then Jon kills the Dragon and that's the end.....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by WarriAproko: 6:45pm On May 13, 2019
nitrogen:
Honestly, am still shaking. Can't believe what I just saw. Fuvk Dany one million times!

She will die!
this is war nothing to Bleep. The people she fought for started feeling like the king.. How wish she jejely go fight cercie she for nor lost any dragon
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 13, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 6:50pm On May 13, 2019
Nnaabros:

You guys need to ease up a bit and stop lambasting him. Gosh! Jon has made so much sacrifices to save his people and his remaining families. He even got killed in the process and was resurrected. For a guy who had died and came back from the dead, I think it's forgivable if he seems rather too careful and sullen.

Jon's interest was never the throne. And he has reiterated that several times. He has achieved what he wanted, protecting his people from the army of the dead and seeing his family members together again and defeating all enemies of their families. Now, he doesn't want to put his family in any further harm.

His battle have been fought and done with. Now he simply follows danny carefully, fulfilling his own end of the bargain. This battle is not his. He's just assisting. Forget the Aegon identity. It's was an agreement he already reached with Danny before he became aware of his true identity. AN AGREEMENT IS AN AGREEMENT. If you ask me, the dude is approaching the matter very maturedly, even if he seems conflicted.

Jon is the hero of this show from day one till now. His seeming present 'dullness' is not stupidity. When you've been through the kind of things he has, the battles he has fought so far, you yourself would mellow down.

Well said
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by WarriAproko: 6:58pm On May 13, 2019
Nnaabros:

You guys need to ease up a bit and stop lambasting him. Gosh! Jon has made so much sacrifices to save his people and his remaining families. He even got killed in the process and was resurrected. For a guy who had died and came back from the dead, I think it's forgivable if he seems rather too careful and sullen.

Jon's interest was never the throne. And he has reiterated that several times. He has achieved what he wanted, protecting his people from the army of the dead and seeing his family members together again and defeating all enemies of their families. Now, he doesn't want to put his family in any further harm.

His battle have been fought and done with. Now he simply follows danny carefully, fulfilling his own end of the bargain. This battle is not his. He's just assisting. Forget the Aegon identity. It's was an agreement he already reached with Danny before he became aware of his true identity. AN AGREEMENT IS AN AGREEMENT. If you ask me, the dude is approaching the matter very maturedly, even if he seems conflicted.

Jon is the hero of this show from day one till now. His seeming present 'dullness' is not stupidity. When you've been through the kind of things he has, the battles he has fought so far, you yourself would mellow down.
he was murder by his own northern people. If he nor want d throne why him come breach the secret. Why telling Danny he is a tygarean. Ani he nor know say something go happen. He mind dey him back head. Danny know longer trust anyone. After all the sacrifice she made. Jon decide to turn his own back. Now I see why cercie decide not to fight with d dead cus she never like the north
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:04pm On May 13, 2019
Who else laughed when Qyburn was thrown to the wall like an egg?

Cersei was forming mad queen now she sees madness she is running and crying like a scared little girl.

The mountain went from protecting Qyburn and cersei from debris only to kill Qyburn few minutes later.
The hate for his brother knows no bound.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:06pm On May 13, 2019
Jonsnow doesnt know what he wants.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 7:06pm On May 13, 2019
solomonbrown64:
..... Game of thrones season 8 episode 5 -- the bells is currently the worst rated episode ever in the series's history. 52% and counting.....WTF..... People dey para sha.....

..... Season 8 has been a huge let down and now there's little chance people will even bother to rewatch the series. Most folks lost interest after the death of the night king. I think the show should have been sold to Netflix for rewatch and all that. Seriously, 52%....Kai...
lies.
people are just whining like little bitches but at the end of the day, they'll still watch the show.
even if the show will have another season, viewership will not reduce.
I think that the main issue here is that the expectations of the viewers are just too high and no matter what they'll complain.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ollah2: 7:07pm On May 13, 2019
ChristineC:
how were they supposed to fight fire?

Fire extinguisher

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by WarriAproko: 7:12pm On May 13, 2019
She lost tyrion trust. Tyrion thinks she will listen to him after he betrays her. Tyrion the cunning man.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by WarriAproko: 7:14pm On May 13, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Cersei was forming mad queen now she sees madness she is running and crying like a scared little girl.

The mountain went from protecting Qyburn and cersei from debris only to kill Qyburn few minutes later.
The hate for his brother knows no bound.
those two brothers beef nor be here. Their fight dun set keep. Cercie can't hold him
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 7:14pm On May 13, 2019
Cybertext:
Watching the episode again, and I realized Varys actually wanted killing Dany with poison (first scene)...the bald cockless fvcka deserved what he got TBH.
That was bleeped-up. That's like if your neighbour shoots your son and you decide to poison your husband so that he won't retaliate.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by WarriAproko: 7:20pm On May 13, 2019
Why people are mad is because their prediction are not going as planned. Thier spoilers are all wrong. GOT gives u the unexpected. They were expecting to see other dragons but d thing change. The city burnt. Danny will destroy even the north. His only adviser is a betrayal.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by solomonbrown64: 7:24pm On May 13, 2019
Gmajor:

lies.
people are just whining like little bitches but at the end of the day, they'll still watch the show.
even if the show will have another season, viewership will not reduce.
I think that the main issue here is that the expectations of the viewers are just too high and no matter what they'll complain.

According to review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, 'The Bells' is the lowest-rated episode in the show's history to date, with a 50% score at time of writing.

The site's own summary of the critics' consensus states that "too much plot in too little time muddles the story and may leave some viewers – and maybe Cersei – feeling its conclusions are a little unearned".

....Twitter is currently more ablaze than King's Landing, with many people also claiming that the showrunners David Benioff and DB Weiss have 'ruined' the characters of Daenerys Targaryen and Jaime Lannister with last night's plot developments.

The final season has been a hugely divisive one so far, with people criticising the writing and plot now that it has moved away from George RR Martin's books, and the rushed pacing.
The jury's still out on how this one's going to end – and end it will in just a few days' time...

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27450770/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-reviews-worst-show-history/

..... Baba if you don't know something, you find out.

... Seriously?? This is beyond expectations yada yada, it's just that common sense isn't even in the works anymore especially this season. I don't think you know more than the people who thumbed down the episode.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by WarriAproko: 7:30pm On May 13, 2019
Wen my dragons are grown, we will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who wronged me! We will lay waist to armies and burn the cities to the ground" Dany mother of dragon..

After all the years one stark that dont wins a war wan come claim throne. Fucck KL grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThothHermes: 7:31pm On May 13, 2019
I am a GOT/D and D defender. To the death. But this episode... Damn.

I will have to take solace in The Winds of Winter.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamD18: 7:32pm On May 13, 2019
Danny fans are one of the most hypocritical set of people I've seen.

Condemn the devilish act Danny carried out in Kings landing due to her selfishness, they'll refer you to Cersei and use her as an example.

But when you call Danny selfish and wicked as Cersei, they'll say she's not wicked, that she has struggled enough for the throne.

Danny is x3 worse than Cersei. I'm now beginning to see reasons with Sansa and Arya for not trusting her. She's selfish and obsessed that she can do anything for the throne, including killing Jon.

They surrendered. What else? Why not pick Cersei and kill? What crime did the innocent people of KL commit to deserve such treatment.

That mad girl is gradually making Jon Snow a monster.

Smh! Next episode will be awesome, as I can't wait to see my baby Arya kill Danny. All I need is her death to be painful and slowly.

She will NEVER get the throne!!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aystarz: 7:35pm On May 13, 2019
Magnifico2000:

The hate for his brother knows no bound.the

Gregor is the king of smash and toss, no doubt. Still can't believe how his baby brother lasted that long in the epic battle. Crazy ass duo. grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by WarriAproko: 7:39pm On May 13, 2019
IamD18:
Danny fans are one of the most hypocritical set of people I've seen.

Condemn the devilish act Danny carried out in Kings landing due to her selfishness, they'll refer you to Cersei and use her as an example.

But when you call Danny selfish and wicked as Cersei, they'll say she's not wicked, that she has struggled enough for the throne.

Danny is x3 worse than Cersei. I'm now beginning to see reasons with Sansa and Arya for not trusting her. She's selfish and obsessed that she can do anything for the throne, including killing Jon.

They surrendered. What else? Why not pick Cersei and kill? What crime did the innocent people of KL commit to deserve such treatment.

That mad girl is gradually making Jon Snow a monster.

Smh! Next episode will be awesome, as I can't wait to see my baby Arya kill Danny. All I need is her death to be painful and slowly.

She will NEVER get the throne!!!!!
i dont think she needs the throne again...who will she rule. She destroyed everything
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 7:43pm On May 13, 2019
solomonbrown64:

According to review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, 'The Bells' is the lowest-rated episode in the show's history to date, with a 50% score at time of writing.

The site's own summary of the critics' consensus states that "too much plot in too little time muddles the story and may leave some viewers – and maybe Cersei – feeling its conclusions are a little unearned".

....Twitter is currently more ablaze than King's Landing, with many people also claiming that the showrunners David Benioff and DB Weiss have 'ruined' the characters of Daenerys Targaryen and Jaime Lannister with last night's plot developments.

The final season has been a hugely divisive one so far, with people criticising the writing and plot now that it has moved away from George RR Martin's books, and the rushed pacing.
The jury's still out on how this one's going to end – and end it will in just a few days' time...

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27450770/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-reviews-worst-show-history/

..... Baba if you don't know something, you find out.

... Seriously?? This is beyond expectations yada yada, it's just that common sense isn't even in the works anymore especially this season. I don't think you know more than the people who thumbed down the episode.
You lifted contents from A BLOG on a report concerning the recent episode. Quite true, it is horribly critiqued at the moment on Rotten Tomatoes, largely because of Dany's actions. Most feel she shouldn't have killed innocent children and women and all but then it happened anyways.

Just so you know, one major reason 'The Bells' has the worst rating ever in the history of the show is not because of the plot. It is so linear that there are no twists whatsoever in the plot. So I'm wondering where the 'too much plot' is coming from.

To round off, if you want to point out something, do so without forcing your viewings or passing insults. The emboldened is pure fallacy. Critics on Rotten Tomatoes are regular people just like you who applied to be one on RT. The negative reaction of this very episode stems from emotion than anything. Last week, I was angrier than you can ever be today because Viserion and Missandei were killed. Some shared the same sentiment while some felt nothing went wrong. Generating mixed feelings as this is needed. It tilts every week and no matter how buck nakked you might be, you'd still be here next week rushing to either say a thing about the season finale or look for an early leaked link. Either way, you are glued. So, relax!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 13, 2019
Buharifanatic:
The way Dany flew in

Sends my blood rushing

So fast

As in, e be like private jet. Drogon really tried. He was the real MVP. He and Dany didn't come to play at all.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThothHermes: 7:49pm On May 13, 2019
Cinderallagirl:
westeros isn't just made of kingslanding, there are still many kingdoms to rule, beside she didn't kill everybody, so the town can still revive, even Aegon the conqueror laid waste to his enemies, after conquering six kingdoms when he wanted to conquer Dorne so many civilians died, so to win a war and to make sure the enemy doesn't stand up again, crush them with fear, after what she did nobody will dare to oppose her.
Which kind story be this? Aegon was kind. He did not touch anyone who bent the knee. The Dornish did not fight back. They hid their rulers and left women and children whenever Aegon and his sisters came. Aegon only became destructive in Dorne when they killed his sister Rhaenya and her dragon. (Meraxes)
Even then, they got tired of fighting and they sent a letter suing for peace which he read and became sombre.
Aegon I Targaryen was pure class.

They have spoilt Dany's character because they were in a haste to wrap up.

Even if they wanted to make her mad, they should have built her up to that stage.

Dany got sad in Astapor/Mereen/Yunkai (not sure anymore) when the slave masters crucified kids and ordered that all of them be crucified in turn for each kids killed.
How can such a person suddenly become a merchant of destruction killing women and children with reckless abandon. Doesn't add up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 13, 2019
raumdeuter:
Kudos to Daenerys for doing what is right for her

The world and westeros have shown her that they are mean and merciless people so why should she show mercy to them?

In a quest to be merciful she lost 3 quarters of her soldiers, lost 2/3 of her dragons, lost her 2 most trusted advisers

Being merciful has always been Danys weakness and the one used against her. People who show they are not ruthless are usually taken for a ride

Jon did not show mercy to the plotters who stabbed him
Cersei did not show mercy to the innocent people at the Sept when killing the granddaughter of Olenna
Olenna already told her to show her strength early
Not following Olennas advice led to the death of the Martels
If Dany is going to die, I hope she dracarys that long neck good for nothing Sansa or at least give her something to remember her

Where is Elaria Sand? is she still in the underground jail?

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
How I wish Olenna was alive to hear what Dany did to KL. In her voice "You're a Dragon, it's time you act like one" Dracarays Everybody. Dia Fada!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by solomonbrown64: 7:56pm On May 13, 2019
DP84:

You lifted contents from A BLOG on a report concerning the recent episode. Quite true, it is horribly critiqued at the moment on Rotten Tomatoes, largely because of Dany's actions. Most feel she shouldn't have killed innocent children and women and all but then it happened anyways.

Just so you know, one major reason 'The Bells' has the worst rating ever in the history of the show is not because of the plot. It is so linear that there are no twists whatsoever in the plot. So I'm wondering where the 'too much plot' is coming from.

To round off, if you want to point out something, do so without forcing your viewings or passing insults. The emboldened is pure fallacy. Critics on Rotten Tomatoes are regular people just like you who applied to be one on RT. The negative reaction of this very episode stems from emotion than anything. Last week, I was angrier than you can ever be today because Viserion and Missandei were killed. Some shared the same sentiment while some felt nothing went wrong. Generating mixed feelings as this is needed. It tilts every week and no matter how buck nakked you might be, you'd still be here next week rushing to either say a thing about the season finale or look for an early leaked link. Either way, you are glued. So, relax!

....I don't remember quoting you. The person who mentioned me posted that the ratings were lies and I gave him proof. He also posted about people's expectations not going the way they wanted, hence the low ratings and fans whining which was why I replied that he doesn't know more than the people who down voted the episode.

....I lifted contents and I acknowledged the source. So?

....My main aim was to tell him about the truth of the ratings which he called lies. You already acknowledged that the ratings are quite low. E.O.D .....the epistle wasn't necessary.

....I am not glued or whatever you call it. I only watch the show because of Aegon, nothing else. When the guy called people whining fans, you didn't see that, yet you called me out for what's not even an insult. Baba, make I no vex for you oh. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by WarriAproko: 7:57pm On May 13, 2019
Wen missandei said dracarys never knw she wants d city to be burnt.to only person to calm hee was aegon he failed on his own part

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 13, 2019
harjorlarh:
the lesson I learnt from the last episode is that a strong AIRFORCE is very important to win any war.drogon destroyed an entire city in minutes if they she na had her other 2 dragons.nko
Ah meannnnnnnn!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamD18: 7:58pm On May 13, 2019
WarriAproko:
i dont think she needs the throne again...who will she rule. She destroyed everything
In her grave after being killed painfully by Arya, she'll rule the innocent people she has killed.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 7:59pm On May 13, 2019
DavidEsq:
Why can't I download GOT with my laptop? It never works there. It only works with a mobile phone. It's really frustrating. I even tried saving. In the end 118MB was wasted in achieving nothing
tfpdl dot com

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.