Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,296 members, 7,829,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant (28344 Views)

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by chiboy11(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
why re dey punishin dis guy more, everybody makes mistakes
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by babadey(m): 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2013
Channels tv should be happy now. The black guy amongst them(presenter) once interviewed IBB, when he ask him something pertaining to 'Nigerians not forgiving him,for june 12 saga',do you know what he said?.. He (IBB)said, I don't know why nigerians are so senseless that they can't forget the past and move on. My guy(presenter) kept mute couldn't correct him for that rubbish on a tv but instead pick on oga shem

http://m.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=FGC6C4s3p0c

2 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
Dospix: His gra gra attitude led him to ruin; why answer a question you have no idea about,why not just tell them that he doesn't know the address to Nscdc website...this goes along way to tell us that it is better to fail honorably than attempting what you know you don't know.

You have spoken wisely, and I thought her should have said - I am sorry but I dont know. The whole reason he came for the interview was to explain the fake website scammers were using for the NSCDC recruitment. He should have at least memorised the website just to inform viewers before coming. He messed up big time and I am sorry, somebody more competent should take his job.

We should stop tolerating mediocrity and incompetence. Some people need to lose their jobs so more competent people can replace them and move the country forward! I hope GEJ loses his job pretty soon too!

4 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Kaxmytex(m): 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
mr shem,dat's lyf 4 u o.....bcuz say u don give dem anoda phrase(my oga @ d top) which iz synonymous 2 'boss' naw,dem kum fire u.....jux leave dem alone,i knw say baba God at d top go provide anoda job wey beta pas dis 1.

dat'z all
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Gwekzy: 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
If anytin happens 2 him so many pple re 2 be blamed
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Elueme: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
[quote author=santakris]Right step on d right direction.[/quote}

Hmmm @ on. Shem maybe better than somebody afterall.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by hadizadeezy(f): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
i dnt get sumtin here...shema's speech was a lil bit eloquent....atlist he can stil be a professor to our english teacher(patience jonathan)soooooo.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by JamesAbudu: 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
alfredo4u: i blame nairalanders 4 dat. U guys escalated d stuff.
Blame youtube and facebook too.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by jimharry21(m): 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
sentiment is the only reason Nigeria has remained retrogressive. if we are better trained we will deliver quality services but when we're not we blindly submit to the oga at the top philosophy.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by pure123: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
[b]However, he did not give reasons for Obafaye’s removal but sources hinted that IT MAY NOT BE UNCONNECTED with his recent interview on Channels Television live programme.

abegi wetin b the meaning of the word in CAP oooo, cos he don scatter my head
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Harphow(m): 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
Hey yah! I pity my oga @ d top oooo
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by shadrach77: 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
Dospix: ‘My Oga at the Top’: Adesuyi replaces Shem as Lagos Commandant

Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps, NSCDC, has finally replaced Mr. Obafaiye Shem, the man who postulated the “my oga at the top” mantra, as commandant of Lagos State Command. He was replaced by Mr. Adesuyi Clement from Oyo State Command.

The Commandant General of NSCDC, Dr. Olu Abolurin, who was in Lagos weekend over the alleged killing of two of his officers by some policemen, introduced the new Commandant to journalists.

However, he did not give reasons for Obafaye’s removal but sources hinted that it may not be unconnected with his recent interview on Channels Television live programme.

Before now, authorities of NSCDC have denied taking any disciplinary action against Mr. Shem over the said interview. Their reaction followed claims that Shem had been sacked on the orders of the Minister of Interior, who supervises the NSCDC.

Shem’s ordeal started when he appeared on Channels Television morning programme ‘Sunrise’ and when asked the NSCDC website he said:

“Hmmm, the website is, excuse me, my Oga at the top knows the website”. He again, cleared his throat and said: “My Oga at the top is working on the website and I don’t have them”.

When the presenters insisted that he give a functioning website address of the para-military outfit, he dropped the bombshell: “ww.nscdc, that’s all”.

Immediately, the interview went viral and has become so popular to the extent that t-shirts with “my oga at the top” insignia has been produced and selling like hot cake across the country, even as some DJs and musicians have done what they called a remix of the phrase.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/my-oga-at-the-top-adesuyi-replaces-shem-as-lagos-commandant/

This situation is a warning signal to all public office holders, that they shouldn't always wait for their "oga at the top" to detect what happens next...so sad that the "oga at the top" he highly and respectfully spoke about eventually sent him packing.My condolence sir.

The bolded part is so funny grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Deiok(m): 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
i pity the man, but he has made name in nigeria and abroad. Most nigeria citizens in the US dont even know our ministers, but they know mr shem Alias (my oga at the top).
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by elewedu(m): 12:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
Dospix: His gra gra attitude led him to ruin; why answer a question you have no idea about,why not just tell them that he doesn't know the address to Nscdc website...this goes along way to tell us that it is better to fail honorably than attempting what you know you don't know.
How would he ♓ανε admitted he doesn't knw the website where in earns his daily meal, cmon, that would ♓ανε messed him up all the same. He deserves the replacement, am sure he would ♓ανε done worse if it were a junior officer.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Dospix(m): 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
Bobbo: Those channel presenters should celebrate now... There time will come.
i beg to disagree with you. they didn't in any way mastermind his sack; they professional did their job,unfortunately for oga shem he crashed himself. You should also note that the function of journalist is to expose the loop holes in the society; and that was exactly what they did...stop making it look like they orchestrated his sack.But still, no one is above mistake;tomorrow might be their turn.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Mustay(m): 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
baba dey: Channels tv should be happy now. The black guy amongst them(presenter) once interviewed IBB, when he ask him something pertaining to 'Nigerians not forgiving him,for june 12 saga',do you know what he said?.. He (IBB)said, I don't know why nigerians are so senseless that they can't forget the past and move on. My guy(presenter) kept mute couldn't correct him for that rubbish on a tv but instead pick on oga shem

http://m.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=FGC6C4s3p0c

IBB is an ex-president. What ever he said as an individual, he can only be held to account for his time as president of the country, meaning as president,that position was a service to the citizens. Like Mr. Shem, he was in a position of stewardship.

He was speaking there as an individual. Who told you those against his presidential ambition were not ready to quote his words at this interview against him?
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by sluvy4tune(m): 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
THAT'S JUST NOT FAIR FOR HIS OGA @ D TOP TO SILENCE HIS APPOINTMENT JUST LIKE THAT .COM IN NSCDC WEBSITE
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by JimmyBoy1: 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
For how long are we going to condone the mediocrity in our public service, competent people are available but psycophancy will never allowed them to occupy any position of influnce.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by mkoabiola: 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
He has redeployed to miaduguri frm a relaible source@d command.
Wish hm well.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by vandarsar(m): 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2013
In and not on.

I can tell Shem isn't the only one in this mess.....

santakris: Right step on d right direction.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by drlizzy(f): 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
...............dats all
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
sammyzacks: Its a good move . After the psychological trauma he has gone through following the channels interview, a change of environment is a good idea.
yeah,He probably changed station not Sacked!!!
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Dospix(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2013
elewedu: How would he ♓ανε admitted he doesn't knw the website where in earns his daily meal, cmon, that would ♓ανε messed him up all the same. He deserves the replacement, am sure he would ♓ανε done worse if it were a junior officer.
it would have been better than the inept answer he gave, at least we wouldn't have to make mockery of him. Not knowing it and given a wrong address na still the same rejoinder and abysmal reaction e go generate.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by oomen(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2013
ifyfaith: I MET A MEMBER OF THE NSCDC A CERTAIN TIME AND HE COULD NOT MAKE A CORRECT SENTENCE,WHEN HE TRIED SPEAKING PIDGIN ENGLISH,HE COULDNT STILL MAKE ANY CORRECT SENTENCE DEN I JUST SHOOK MY HEAD, WELL DATS ALL
So what exactly is the aim of this your post here,you really want the officer sacked right?
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by 2old4that(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2013
splashbaby: una see wetin people don cause now.

Yes! It shows the power behind social media. Why can't we use it in fighting /exposing corruptions n our corrupt leaders.

Our country will be a better for it!

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Fishout(m): 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
wetin be d big deal not known d website of nscdc..nobody perfect exept god
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Airforce1(m): 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
Make dis man no go commit suicide o
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by hammysweet: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2013
Job my foot. They shld av left d man instead of insisting. The job DT is whorth doing is worth doing well.
echibuzor:
undecided
What exactly did the Presenters do? Last time I checked, They were doing There Job...
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by OCcool: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2013
shadrach77:

The bolded part is so funny grin grin grin grin grin
U must be so silly 2 quote all d post jst 2 write ur comment
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by holuphisayor(m): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
Mustay: If successful companies and institutions were built on sentiments, they wouldn't have got to where the apex of success.

I've read so many analyses on this issue bit whilst we can't force opinions on each other, I still belong to the school of thought that Mr. Shem messed up his organization big time! Blame my business background but sincerely writing, my objective and unbiased assessment of the show was the Value For Money he gave not to the public.

There are 2 cases that come to mind - a US journalist was mocked for asking silly questions (had Mo'Farah run before she asked) when she interviewed Mo' Farah (Britain's Olympic). She didn't know he was an Olympian because she did not do her homework before she went out. Mo later defended La Tonya for the MISTAKE.

The second is IBM sparing an employee for costing the organisation $600,000. Tom Watson said, "No, I just spent $600,000 training him. Why would I want somebody to hire his experience?"
[https://www.nairaland.com/1242514/should-employee-fired-mistake]

We all make mistakes, we are not perfect but in performance management, merit takes over sentiments. Mr. Shem is a public officer. Those who get to the post where he was don't get there by just jumping there - they earn it. In light of the fake recruitment websites cloning NSCDC as an organisation, this must have been a problem to the NSCDC. This means it must have been brought to the attention of the top hierarchy of the NSCDC.

When you visit the Job board here on NL, you can't but pity those who have been duped by fraudsters. When others tell them a recruiter is fake, they pray for such a person. Some, even reveal that they had already parted with their money and bought new shoes and clothes for some phantom interview/tests.

Are we thinking about how NSCDC is losing money to fraudsters? Are we thinking of those stakeholders who really wanted NSCDC to clarify things? This is no small issue you can wave with the hand. Fraudsters are also stepping up their game.

Mr. Shem needn't be a PRO to know the AUTHENTIC website of NSCDC. However, where I would've been sentimental is if he did not insist on his 'gra gra' with the journalists - I also don't see how the journalists forced him to say all he said. Keywords - humility and pride. Ignorance and arrogance is a terrible mix - Mr. Shem poured these into his cup.

Leadership is not easy but there's a reason why the cap is given to those it fits the most. Lessons can be learnt from all and sundry - if a greater % of Nigerians took their jobs seriously, we won't be where we are now.

"Follow excellence and success will chase you pants down!"©

Can u remind me when computer science was introduced by nigerian universities into their curicullum? And that we're in a computer age should we blame those people that were born before us? No. Even some graduates nowadays dont know how to surf the web.
And i could have believed mr. Shem would have been working in the civil service for a very long time. I think the best thing for him is to go for an IT training.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by DrSadikMagaji(m): 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
I rep cool abokis everywhere in the globe#

I thank Allah say the man no be aboki tho
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2013
I heard dat our last lady emm sorry first lady once said, my fellow widows, on behalf of ten million i donate my family. But we no knw d place wey d pain us o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Will Resist Any Coup- Tinubu / Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People / Army Intercepts Boko Haram Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.