Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant (28346 Views)

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Jacobee(m): 11:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
Dospix: I don't know if they did.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by blocker: 11:54pm On Apr 02, 2013
grin grin "I want to thank all my fans for their support through these trying times and enjoin them to give my replacement all the necessary cooperation as he assumes duty... em... so... dats all".

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Fukup(m): 1:45am On Apr 03, 2013
If the man knew,him 4 no attend the interview.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 03, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Not cool.
No matter wot people say, i'll still maintain those presenters were fools.

Why, for exposing the fact that an incompetent man was in a position he wasnt qualified for? Why do you guys like mediocrity so much?

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Bome01(m): 4:52am On Apr 03, 2013
I would have said something now but. . . I don't want to say something and my Oga at the Top will say another thing!
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by dgb4(m): 7:09am On Apr 03, 2013
OMG, everyone in the public sector need to upgrade, i said it earlier
https://www.nairaland.com/1238452/ict-trainings-should-priotized-public
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by StepG: 9:03am On Apr 03, 2013
Dospix: ‘My Oga at the Top’: Adesuyi replaces Shem as Lagos Commandant

Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps, NSCDC, has finally replaced Mr. Obafaiye Shem, the man who postulated the “my oga at the top” mantra, as commandant of Lagos State Command. He was replaced by Mr. Adesuyi Clement from Oyo State Command.

The Commandant General of NSCDC, Dr. Olu Abolurin, who was in Lagos weekend over the alleged killing of two of his officers by some policemen, introduced the new Commandant to journalists.

However, he did not give reasons for Obafaye’s removal but sources hinted that it may not be unconnected with his recent interview on Channels Television live programme.

Before now, authorities of NSCDC have denied taking any disciplinary action against Mr. Shem over the said interview. Their reaction followed claims that Shem had been sacked on the orders of the Minister of Interior, who supervises the NSCDC.

Shem’s ordeal started when he appeared on Channels Television morning programme ‘Sunrise’ and when asked the NSCDC website he said:

“Hmmm, the website is, excuse me, my Oga at the top knows the website”. He again, cleared his throat and said: “My Oga at the top is working on the website and I don’t have them”.

When the presenters insisted that he give a functioning website address of the para-military outfit, he dropped the bombshell: “ww.nscdc, that’s all”.

Immediately, the interview went viral and has become so popular to the extent that t-shirts with “my oga at the top” insignia has been produced and selling like hot cake across the country, even as some DJs and musicians have done what they called a remix of the phrase.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/my-oga-at-the-top-adesuyi-replaces-shem-as-lagos-commandant/

This situation is a warning signal to all public office holders, that they shouldn't always wait for their "oga at the top" to detect what happens next...so sad that the "oga at the top" he highly and respectfully spoke about eventually sent him packing.My condolence sir.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by jljunayd1: 9:15am On Apr 03, 2013
Am so sure d parents of d channels presenters dat caused all dis are illiterate,dey made it obvious dey wana mess d guy up,dey shud av just let it go,am sure dey wudnt interview dr own parents lyk dat....
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Chitexs250(m): 11:36am On Apr 03, 2013
Mustay: If successful companies and institutions were built on sentiments, they wouldn't have got to the apex of success.

I've read so many analyses on this issue but whilst we can't force opinions on each other, I still belong to the school of thought that Mr. Shem messed up his organization big time! Blame my business background but sincerely writing, my objective and unbiased assessment of the show was the Value For Money he gave not to the public.

There are 2 cases that come to mind - a US journalist was mocked for asking silly questions (had Mo'Farah run before she asked) when she interviewed Mo' Farah (Britain's Olympian). She didn't know he was an Olympian because she did not do her homework before she went out. Mo later defended La Tonya for the MISTAKE.

The second is IBM sparing an employee for costing the organisation $600,000. Tom Watson said, "No, I just spent $600,000 training him. Why would I want somebody to hire his experience?"
[https://www.nairaland.com/1242514/should-employee-fired-mistake]

We all make mistakes, we are not perfect but in performance management, merit takes over sentiments. Mr. Shem is a public officer. Those who get to the post where he was don't get there by just jumping there - they earn it. In light of the fake recruitment websites cloning NSCDC as an organisation, this must have been a problem to the NSCDC. This means it must have been brought to the attention of the top hierarchy of the NSCDC.

When you visit the Job board here on NL, you can't but pity those who have been duped by fraudsters. When others tell them a recruiter is fake, they pray for such a person. Some, even reveal that they had already parted with their money and bought new shoes and clothes for some phantom interview/tests.

Are we thinking about how NSCDC is losing money to fraudsters? Are we thinking of those stakeholders who really wanted NSCDC to clarify things? This is no small issue you can wave with the hand. Fraudsters are also stepping up their game.

Mr. Shem needn't be a PRO to know the AUTHENTIC website of NSCDC. However, where I would've been sentimental is if he did not insist on his 'gra gra' with the journalists - I also don't see how the journalists forced him to say all he said. Keywords - humility and pride. Ignorance and arrogance is a terrible mix - Mr. Shem poured these into his cup.

Leadership is not easy but there's a reason why the cap is given to those it fits the most. Lessons can be learnt from all and sundry - if a greater % of Nigerians took their jobs seriously, we won't be where we are now.

"Follow excellence and success will chase you pants down!"©

*** Dazz All ***
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by javadoctor(m): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2013
I'm sorry for the man,I hope he doesn't end up broke. That is one man down,I hope the new one knows the complete website angry that's serves as a deterrent to other fake ghost leaders that don't know their job.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Shadydamsel(f): 12:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
splashbaby: una see wetin people don cause now.
did I hear u say people or his illiteracy.
Look @ nigeria of today there are many graduate out dere with a high level of education and skills seeking for employment and one odolo is there collecting huge salary as the NSCDC lagos commandant
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Malawian(m): 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
the man is already a celebrity. i believe more nigerians know him more than so many representathieves. he should join nollywood. he must find a way to leverage his nationwide fame. i dont know if i should wish i was him.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by PhysicsQED(m): 4:19am On Apr 19, 2013
The whole incident was way overblown. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 12:07am On May 01, 2013
What surprises me is how the presenters expected this man to be computer literate let alone know his organisation's website. The chap probably wouldn't satisfy the minimum entry requirements to be 'other ranks' in the Armed Forces or a constable in the Police.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Intercepts Boko Haram Families / President Tinubu Recieves Gopichand Hinduja, CEO Of Hinduja Group (Picture) / Pray For Buhari, Nigeria Will Be Great - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.