Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,589 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant (28330 Views)

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Oga At The Top: NSCDC Defends Obafaiye / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Xeedorf: 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
WHAT A WICKED WORLD WE LIVE IN. YOU GUYS MAKING FUN OF THE POOR GUY CAUSE HIS DEMOTION OR REMOVAL. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU MAKING FUN OF “MY OGA AT THE TOP” :
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by IYANGBALI: 4:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
splashbaby: una see wetin people don cause now.
na wetin we cost?
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by str8talk1: 4:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Not cool.
No matter wot people say, i'll still maintain those presenters were fools.
I guess u have had enough of crap 2day. U need help!
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by mymz(f): 5:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
#FACT1: the guy was an incompetent buffoon who just like many before him (and sadly, a lot more after him) used the deep seated corrupt practice of "connections" to attain the position he's just been relieved of.

#FACT2: all those who call the anchors of the said broadcast unprofessional are either mentally as corrupt as this bedridden nation of ours or are so spineless that they would accept and/or promote mediocrity.

#FACT3: to this day, the so called agency "NSCDC" have made no attempt at clarifying the air (and albeit, serve the true purpose of the broadcast) by informing the general public of its "one" true website, rather, the best and next line of action is to replace one numbskull with another.

#FACT4: Nigerians have played the bigger fool (as its citizenry always does) in this whole fiasco as no one sees the bigger plot to continue exploiting the thousands of unsuspecting graduates who give members of the NSCDC money in return for a job position in one government parastatal or the other.

The allegation that the agency has multiple websites which it procures for the sole purpose of advertising for positions in government parastatals, and shuts down after swindling job seekers (because most of them eventually don't get the promised job) is still dangling in the air unconfirmed and/or denied. i remember seeing "JOB RACKETEERING" as the topic being discussed during the broadcast.

#FFT1: ask yourself why they (NSCDC) haven't tried to make a public statement, announcing what the real website of the agency is to dispel all accusation and any complicity in the job racketeering allegation. keeping in mind that an agency should have "one" official website.

#FFT2: why would a rep from a government agency keep referring to his "oga at the top" after being REPEATEDLY asked what the website of his agency is? is he a learner?

#FFT3: the NSCDC claim they have apprehended numerous suspects in connection to job racketeering. who and where are these suspects? how come Mr. Shem (if he wanted to go defensive on Channels tv) did not mention these numerous apprehensions and the status of their trials if there's been any?

#FFT4: if indeed the allegations were true, what do you think would happen after NSCDC publicly asserts one website as its official website? would some people miss the "palm greasing" because now that everyone knows the official website, i don't have to keep paying anyone who tries to sell me to some "www.nscdc.wapta.waptika.shintamani.dazall" and ask for a little "kola" on the side.

#my2cents: Mr. Shem was just a willing ploy in the whole scheme and we fell for it like a pack of cards. The mind they say, is a terrible thing to waste indeed.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Justice42003: 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
Abeg who b dat oga @ d top sef?
If na GEJ or OBJ.
Tell dem 2 c me 1st tin 2mmorow morning at my office.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Oldnyoung: 5:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
Bobbo: Those channel presenters should celebrate now... There time will come.
The channels guys did their work well. Blame your uncle for his emptiness and 'shakara'. He had opportunity to grab promotion and be close to his 'oga at the top', unfortunately, he let you down because of his lack of knowledge of the very organization he manages. I pity the man though....,,,,

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by EFEJU(f): 5:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
Y naaaA? This is not fair no man is perfect even his oga at the top is not dre re some questions he cannt answer correctly also. Droping him is not rigth at all. Action speak louder dem voice pratical is better dan theory I think shems is trying pls call him back ohhhhhh
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Oldnyoung: 5:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
The channels guys did their work well. Blame your uncle for his emptiness and 'shakara'. He had opportunity to grab promotion and be close to his 'oga at the top', unfortunately, he let you down because of his lack of knowledge of the very organization he manages. I pity the man though....,,,,
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Yusluv77(m): 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
Its unfair for sacking that man since no one is perfect except Almighty Allah... I pray the case could be reverse...
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Akiika: 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
Give me a break with all your emotional comments...He's incompetent, he needs to be trained, shikena!
We condone mediocrity at all levels and yet expect any improvement in government. Need i be surprised when even the Oga patapata at the top (GEJ) with his PHd degree was goofing and lying on CNN when interviewed by Christiana Amanpour recently.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by gabbrri(m): 5:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
Soskid: His Oga at d top eventually sent him packing! 9ja, i hail thee
gbam!!!
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by tomzman: 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2013
They should have left the guy there. He has suffered enough embarassment already. I pity him sha.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
12 inches!:
@all well, I'll admit I watch a clip of the interview and not the full interview. But I watched enough to see that the interviewers made deliberate attempts to embarrass the interviewee. Any smart assertive person can easily notice that. I'm not in favour of mediocrity. But I can tell u that the interviewers were unprofessional. The high point was when the reiterated what Mr Shem said that nscdc has very many websites. Yes, some organisations av a separate website for every country but we all know that is not the case of the nscdc and even if that is the tone of the question and the body language gave the interviewer away. He was out to embarrass him because they considered him ignorant. She even brought out her ipad to enter a site that we all know is wrong all in a bid to mock him. All that was not needed.
But the guy kept saying, wait, wait, wait...... So,the interviews kept waiting nah. See tis guy o.
All u kinsmen of this man supporting him should take it easy.
Am not in support of sacking him o, i hope dey didnt sack him completely.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by charlsecy4(m): 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
While it was in order if Mr. Shem knew his employer's website, but do you this his not knowing the website necessarily meant he was not effective in his duty as Commandant? Do you think his non-knowledge of the website directly translate to his inability to provide ways to protect government installations such as oil pipelines, and to devise measures against threat and any form of attack or disaster against the nation and its citizenry?

I think Mr. Shem should be appraised in line with his job description, which I think knowing the website is not part of.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by yogun(f): 6:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
Good riddance, a lot more need to be flushed out for incompetence. Young, able and brilliant guys are on d street looking for what to do... God help Naija
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nasige(m): 6:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
Bros I don't think so...meaning u prefer NTA that will nver show to people what is real
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by owobokiri(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
I said it before; Nigerians have been so totally assaulted by their leaders that emotionally we have advanced to the political equivalent of the Stockholm syndrome! Why the deluge of emotions? An inept officer was rightly fired, why blame the presenters for doing their job? They should have spared him and allowed mediocrity reign?
It was obvious he was terrible representing his office. He messed up big time during the interview, he worked hard to earn the sack, why the pity? Why shouldn't he be fired? ww. datz all! Whats the meaning of that?

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Jomark(m): 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
hadizadeezy: BIG LIE!!!wats so special abt him nt knowin d website.....wat abt dos senators and ambassadorssss dat dey wia teachin d national anthem.....u guys shld wake up plssss
they replaced him but he wasnt sacked!
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by emmjayee(m): 7:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
thumbs up
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Damon03(m): 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
I'm sure not the only one that noticed a trend in the replies here so far, Nigerian ladies seem to be a little more intolerant than the guys. U females keep supporting his replacement hope no problem sha.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by oluwatunmishe(m): 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
U ha an IDIOT for calling d presenters fools,c'mon dy ha discussin a topic lyk JOB RACKETEERING n dy saw a scape goat right infront of dm i dnt tink itz against dia code of ethics 2 exercise dia civic responsibility by protecting dia country 4rm 'substandard' .
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by mrperfect(m): 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
sad for the man.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Fadelex(m): 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
first of all, the man was not fired, he was raplaced and for those calling the presenters fools, u shld be ashamed of urself cuz people like you will never allow this country to move forward... As a leader, u must be conversant wit every issue concerning ur organisation, the man was an assistant superintendent of Corps (ASC) before he got promoted cuz of master degree he bought... He shld be sent to training skl...
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by crackhouse(m): 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2013
sammyzacks: Its a good move . After the psychological trauma he has gone through following the channels interview, a change of environment is a good idea.
who told you he changed environment?. Did they mention it here?
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2013
Mustay: If successful companies and institutions were built on sentiments, they wouldn't have got to where the apex of success.

I've read so many analyses on this issue bit whilst we can't force opinions on each other, I still belong to the school of thought that Mr. Shem messed up his organization big time! Blame my business background but sincerely writing, my objective and unbiased assessment of the show was the Value For Money he gave not to the public.

There are 2 cases that come to mind - a US journalist was mocked for asking silly questions (had Mo'Farah run before she asked) when she interviewed Mo' Farah (Britain's Olympic). She didn't know he was an Olympian because she did not do her homework before she went out. Mo later defended La Tonya for the MISTAKE.

The second is IBM sparing an employee for costing the organisation $600,000. Tom Watson said, "No, I just spent $600,000 training him. Why would I want somebody to hire his experience?"
[https://www.nairaland.com/1242514/should-employee-fired-mistake]

We all make mistakes, we are not perfect but in performance management, merit takes over sentiments. Mr. Shem is a public officer. Those who get to the post where he was don't get there by just jumping there - they earn it. In light of the fake recruitment websites cloning NSCDC as an organisation, this must have been a problem to the NSCDC. This means it must have been brought to the attention of the top hierarchy of the NSCDC.

When you visit the Job board here on NL, you can't but pity those who have been duped by fraudsters. When others tell them a recruiter is fake, they pray for such a person. Some, even reveal that they had already parted with their money and bought new shoes and clothes for some phantom interview/tests.

Are we thinking about how NSCDC is losing money to fraudsters? Are we thinking of those stakeholders who really wanted NSCDC to clarify things? This is no small issue you can wave with the hand. Fraudsters are also stepping up their game.

Mr. Shem needn't be a PRO to know the AUTHENTIC website of NSCDC. However, where I would've been sentimental is if he did not insist on his 'gra gra' with the journalists - I also don't see how the journalists forced him to say all he said. Keywords - humility and pride. Ignorance and arrogance is a terrible mix - Mr. Shem poured these into his cup.

Leadership is not easy but there's a reason why the cap is given to those it fits the most. Lessons can be learnt from all and sundry - if a greater % of Nigerians took their jobs seriously, we won't be where we are now.

"Follow excellence and success will chase you pants down!"©

God bless you. Your wisdom will neva run dry.
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by PastorOla1: 10:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
The. Man is old school "ANALOGUE" in the computer age this manis to schooled. He is computer illiterate. www.nscdc. Dat is all. Na saw dust dey there?
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
Fadelex: first of all, the man was not fired, he was raplaced and for those calling the presenters fools, u shld be ashamed of urself cuz people like you will never allow this country to move forward... As a leader, u must be conversant wit every issue concerning ur organisation, the man was an assistant superintendent of Corps (ASC) before he got promoted cuz of master degree he bought... He shld be sent to training skl...

Channels TV presenters did the right thing, the man in charge of the NSCDC was invited to shed more light on the issue of job racketeering going on in his commission via fake websites etal, isn't that enough reason for him to at least know the original website & divulge it to the general public so we can beware of the fakes? Instead he decided to be negligent & play around the question.
His actions are sanctionable & he deserves to be fired to give room for another & more competent official to get the job done.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
Nah. It's quite unfortunate this had to happen. The unwanted 'fame' and shame Mr. Shem suffered because of his goof was sufficient punishment. Replacing him when the matter is yet to die down is a cruel overkill, in my opinion.

Even more unfortunate is the schadenfreude that is implicit in many comments here. From all indications, Mr. Shem was sacrificed on the altar of malicious public opinion. I can't help but wonder whether the man is thick-skinned and mentally tough enough to survive and recover from the trauma of the whole saga. Besides, it goes without saying that his chances of career advancement within the NSCDC have evaporated before his eyes. I can't bring myself to accept that as necessarily a good thing, all things considered.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Dee60: 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2013
Channels should challenge the main oga at the top to an interview. I bet he will perform worse! They are all low potential, low performing public officials!
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Jacobee(m): 11:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
His oga at d top finally sacked him so there is no to ask! Bt waiteee what about Mrs Ebele bomb shell. Y dem no fire her?
Re: My Oga At The Top: NSCDC Replaces Shem With Adesuyi As Lagos Commandant by Jacobee(m): 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
His oga at d top finally sacked him so there is no one to ask! Bt waiteee what about Mrs Ebele bomb shell. Y dem no fire her?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari / 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" / Anambra Election: AA Presents Certificate Of Return To Maduka-Arisa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.