Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Signs He’s Just Not Into You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Signs He’s Just Not Into You (14255 Views)

Nigerian Lady Tells Fellow Women To Dump Their Boyfriend If He Just Did His BVN / 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Maybe He's Just Not That Into Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs He’s Just Not Into You by Slyr0x: 9:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
On the physical and emotional levels, a guy who will not share just doesn’t want to go too deep. That can be fine for a fling, but it’s not worth making an emotional investment on your part.

No matter what age you are or level of dating experience, reading men’s interest in you can be a struggle. Many men prefer to remain a mystery, opting for privacy in all areas of their lives until they are ready to make a major commitment. God bless the fella who will tell you his intentions up front. But for most men, catching on to their subtle (and not-so-subtle) cues can be an easier way to get their message and avoid unnecessary heartbreak. If you are wondering if your guy is on the fence, but are unsure of whether you should jet, here are 14 telltale signs that he is just not that into you. If anyone you are seeing exhibits a significant number of these traits, it is time to tell him to move along.

1. He takes forever to text or email you back

In this technological age, there is nothing easier than sending someone a quick email or text. If your male companion takes hours — or even days — to respond to these simple forms of communication with even one line of acknowledgment, it’s time to kick him to the curb. This is not only lazy — it’s also rude. He might not be sending you a text message, but he is certainly sending you a clear message of another kind. On to the next one!

2. He maintains physical and emotional distance

Does he often break eye contact, even in private? Or withhold sharing personal details about his life? On the physical and emotional levels, a guy who will not share just doesn’t want to go too deep. That can be fine for a fling, but it’s not worth making an emotional investment on your part. If you have had your fun, it’s time to move on to brighter horizons.

3. He never comes over to your house

Men don’t like to go out of their way — especially if they are not that into you. A guy who likes you wants to make efforts to show you are special to him. Someone who won’t even drive to your house or take the subway can’t be expected to give much in the long term. There are other top-notch fish in the sea. Trust.

4. He avoids touching you in public

If your guy friend loves to embrace, kiss and cuddle in the privacy of your home, but won’t even hold your hand on the street, this is a major warning sign. Either he doesn’t want to be seen as being “with” you, or he is scared one of his other lovers (or his wife!) will see you out in public. Drop this dude if he won’t even hold your hand.

5. He rudely shoots down your ideas

A guy can disagree with your way of seeing the world and still care. If all he does is disrespectfully disregard your perspective when communicating, he likely doesn’t think much of you. You don’t want to be with someone who can’t treat you nicely, especially when you are simply talking. Next!

6. He only sees you after midnight

It’s hard if you really like someone to open your eyes and admit to yourself that to him, you are a booty call. If you can handle that, more power to you. But don’t expect this relationship to go anywhere. If you want more from a man, it’s time to search elsewhere.

7. He won’t let you leave things at his house

If you are at his place often, a guy who is into you will be happy to let you stow essentials there. But if someone you are frequently dating won’t even let you leave a toothbrush at his house he is either a) an obsessive compulsive neat freak, or b) trying to hide you from other women. In either case, you might want to distance yourself.

8. He attends major events without you

Friend’s house party? Parents’ anniversary dinner? Maybe even his own birthday? Sometimes a man wants to maintain his independence. And at other times he wants to ensure that you don’t get too involved in his life so he can move on any time. If he never wants you around at a time of life that’s meaningful, you don’t mean that much to him. You also have better ways to spend your time — with family and friends who really care.

9. He refuses to make future plans with you — short- or long-term

Does this guy squeeze you into the corners of his life? Refuse to plan weekends away? Keep his schedule open weeks in advance? If he only makes last-minute plans with you, while cramming in other activities with friends, he is just not that into you. Sorry, but you deserve better.

10. He flakes out on plans you do have at the last minute

This is another clear sign that he does not respect you or your time. Make room in your life for someone who does.

11. He’s already involved with someone else

This man might say he loves you, but if he is seriously involved with another women, he can’t really be giving you his all. He is a man divided, so how into you could he be? Worse, even if he did leave his mate for you, he has lied to her. He will likely lie to you. You don’t want that. Stay strong and carry on to another man.

12. He doesn’t seem that interested in intimacy

If your sex life with dude is little to nothing, he is basically saying that he can do without you. This is rude, frustrating, and a little cruel. You don’t need that. Do what you’ve got to do for you, and find that man who makes you feel desirable.

13. He pulls a disappearing act

When you don’t see a man for days, weeks or months at a time without explanation, he is just not that into you. He might be seeing other people, or simply doesn’t want to spend his time with you. If you aren’t seen as life-enhancing by this man, take the time to find someone who cherishes you. Your time, energy and love are worth it.

14. He encourages you to date other people

This is a sure sign that he wants to be totally free, and is not in a mind to commit himself. You probably won’t change him, so why waste your time? No guy is worth it. You deserve a man who wants to spend quality time with you, and reflects back to you your own self worth. There are people out there who will treat you with loving respect. If your significant other exhibits many of these behaviors, take the hint and resist investing another minute. You deserve the best in life. Keep striving until you find the love you deserve.

Source : http://www.ynaija.com/14-signs-hes-just-not-into-you-sorry/

4 Likes

Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by bigt2(m): 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
Number 12! Thats way cool! Gotta slap it into girls' brains.... cool
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by 190: 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2013

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by Slyr0x: 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2013
190: [img]http://holeleesheet.files./2011/01/wtf.gif?w=289&h=227[/img]

LMAOOOO. . .CLOWN!

Do you have to re-use "my" pix?

4 Likes

Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by 190: 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2013
Slyr0x:

LMAOOOO. . .CLOWN!

Do you have to re-use "my" pix?

grin grin
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by True2myself24(f): 2:51am On Apr 02, 2013
Or these could be signs that he's on the down low undecided
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by LeJeun3: 4:28am On Apr 02, 2013
I am crazy about her! Not just into her...........cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by Mynd44: 6:03am On Apr 02, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by moneyhungry(m): 6:19am On Apr 02, 2013
True2myself24: Or these could be signs that he's on the down low undecided
my sentiments, exactly.
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by classiquemama: 11:06am On Apr 02, 2013
am speechless.....
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by dridowu: 11:08am On Apr 02, 2013
Thread Klose.
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by safarigirl(f): 11:10am On Apr 02, 2013
Disagree with numbers one and four.

If he doesn't reply your e-mails, maybe he's just old-fashioned and prefers to have a conversation with a human being face-to-face, not with a gadget (like me)

If he doesn't hold your hand in public, maybe he's the shy type. Some people aren't into PDA, ESPECIALLY African men who prefer to have their women walk ahead (as a sign of being protective over said woman- and to check out her a** of course wink)

3 Likes

Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by Watzhup: 11:13am On Apr 02, 2013
How about 'Signs She's Just Not Into You'.
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 02, 2013
This na fool talk
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by MMM2(m): 11:17am On Apr 02, 2013
He is alwayz begging u 4 pussy, morning afternoon & nite undecided
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by Edoboy1(m): 11:17am On Apr 02, 2013
I disagree with ALL....a guy who means business,will beat all the points you listed and will still nt take the gal seriously in his heart. A player is a guy who knows hw to cover his tracks, d one who doesn't knw how to cover his tracks,are the ones ladies know. Just pray you don't meet one,these your rules will disappoint you,because he will give u all of them and at the end u will be askin urself,"WERE DID I GO WRONG"?

9 Likes

Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by Dykecosby: 11:18am On Apr 02, 2013
A 'star' can do all these and still not into you....no use em play o. Advice to ladies: there is no sure way of knowing whether a guy is genuinly into u and there is no rule to it, what worked for u may not work for another, since u don't know his heart, believe he is not still urs until he put d ring in ur hands while praying it works. Jst saw I can do all these and still not into u!

6 Likes

Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by naijathings(m): 11:18am On Apr 02, 2013
this topic... what a way to start the day... NOT
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by diarra94(m): 11:24am On Apr 02, 2013
But, i dont understand what you mean by 1. What if he has no credit??
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by GraceBestowed(f): 11:27am On Apr 02, 2013
6. He only sees you after midnight

It’s hard if you really like someone to open your eyes and admit to yourself that to him, you are a booty call. If you can handle that, more power to you. But don’t expect this relationship to go anywhere. If you want more from a man, it’s time to search elsewhere.
^^^ LOOOOL!! Cinderella tins!! ^^^
Dude knows what he's talking about, but there are some super-players that can bypass all these things, and pretend!!
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by MuyiGL: 11:30am On Apr 02, 2013
This list is misleading. These are not clear cut ways to know if a guy's into you or not. I know, I'm a guy
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by MuyiGL: 11:31am On Apr 02, 2013
Dykecosby: A 'star' can do all these and still not into you....no use em play o. Advice to ladies: there is no sure way of knowing whether a guy is genuinly into u and there is no rule to it, what worked for u may not work for another, since u don't know his heart, believe he is not still urs until he put d ring in ur hands while praying it works. Jst saw I can do all these and still not into u!

Your head is there!!
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by MuyiGL: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2013
classiquemama: am speechless.....

Do not be mislead by this list. These "rules" are not written in stone.
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by Ayorh4you(m): 11:42am On Apr 02, 2013
Jobless people full this country sha...........meanwhile I made 1st P
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by GentleNaaz(m): 11:43am On Apr 02, 2013
SIGN SHE IS NOT INTO U
1. She is always tired
2. She is always in her period
3. She always skip dates wt u
4. She doesmt wants 2 b alone wt u
5. She always visits u wt her frnd
6. Wn on outing, she comes wt her frnd(s)
7. She always say "i ws chargn my phone" or "i had a low battery
8. Etc

2 Likes

Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by mikeuz(m): 11:46am On Apr 02, 2013
diarra94: But, i dont understand what you mean by 1. What if he has no credit??

Lol. What of if he uses a phone without internet connection and can't send emails,what about if he doesnt knw how to read and write
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by caukerzee(m): 11:49am On Apr 02, 2013
safarigirl: Disagree with numbers one and four.

If he doesn't reply your e-mails, maybe he's just old-fashioned and prefers to have a conversation with a human being face-to-face, not with a gadget (like me)

If he doesn't hold your hand in public, maybe he's the shy type. Some people aren't into PDA, ESPECIALLY African men who prefer to have their women walk ahead (as a sign of being protective over said woman- and to check out her a** of course wink)
No madam. I use number one alot. Thank you.
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by akonucheinfo(m): 11:50am On Apr 02, 2013
interesting!
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by echibuzor: 11:51am On Apr 02, 2013
Gentle Naaz: SIGN SHE IS NOT INTO U
1. She is always tired
2. She is always in her period
3. She always skip dates wt u
4. She doesmt wants 2 b alone wt u
5. She always visits u wt her frnd
6. Wn on outing, she comes wt her frnd(s)
7. She always say "i ws chargn my phone" or "i had a low battery
8. Etc

For a minute, I thought u meant Signs She doesnt wanna have S3>< with u...

1 Like

Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by FindOut(m): 11:51am On Apr 02, 2013
So i assume a guy who does the opposite of all the OP listed means that the guy is really into the girl then. Right? No wonder some people will fo.o.lishly get themselves into so- called 'relationships' after falling for 'caring' (but deceitful & dangerous) guys, then stubbornly refuse to leave despite the handwritings on the wall (which will only be visible when the girl cleans the dust on her eyes & looks properly).

That said, some of OP's points are valid, some are very far from it. Besides, its not clear what OP really means coz ''not into you'' can mean 1) I sort of like you but i dont want to/cannot date you 2) I just don't feel you at all. Both 'conditions' have different 'symptoms' & in some cases, may be 'asymptomatic'.
Re: Signs He’s Just Not Into You by lincoln08541(m): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
Edoboy1: I disagree with ALL....a guy who means business,will beat all the points you listed and will still nt take the gal seriously in his heart. A player is a guy who knows hw to cover his tracks, d one who doesn't knw how to cover his tracks,are the ones ladies know. Just pray you don't meet one,these your rules will disappoint you,because he will give u all of them and at the end u will be askin urself,"WERE DID I GO WRONG"?
God bless you my guy finally I meet someone that think lik me

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Turned Down My Request But Gets Jealous Anytime She Sees Me With Any Girl / MISS NL Nominees So Far (critical Analysis Of Each Nominee) / Which Nigerian Tribe Is The Most Sex Appealing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.