Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? (3302 Views)

Girls Y You Shud B Careful About That Marriage,a Trulife Story / Guys: Can You Marry A Lady That Proposes To You, And Can That Marriage Last? / Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by shinkafi(m): 3:34pm On May 09, 2006
Hello Naija pple, i really need your advise on this issue. I am planning to get marry soon but my friends keep telling me that marriage is capital intensive project that i shouldn't waste my money rather i should do introduction and registry marriage. Am ok financially but scare cus of my friends.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by Anabib(f): 3:59pm On May 09, 2006
By marriage- do u mean like reception after wedding?
IF YES
Then it not really expensive, it all depends on HOW BIG you want it to be.
The venue. food/cake quality, designer gowns and suit, number of invitees and types of invitees etc. are what makes the difference.

Shinkafi- just think about it as a birthday party with more guests, family and in-laws and go ahead and celebrate.
The couple tend to be happier if a party was celebrated (reception) after their union has been blessed rather than just going home after a registry. grin grin grin grin grin

DONT MIND YOUR FRIENDS, U BET THEY WILL BE THE ONES TO HAVE MOST FUN ON THAT DAY smiley
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by Seun(m): 9:51pm On May 09, 2006
If you listen to your friends properly, I think they were not talking about marriage at all. They were talking about wedding. And they were not saying it is capital intensive, but they were suggesting that you approach the wedding in a less capital intensive manner. They were suggesting a less capital intensive approach to wedding.

However, your marriage will benefit from a healthy stash of cash. Don't blow it all on just the wedding. Cheers!
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by kimba(m): 8:03am On May 10, 2006
@shinkafi
Yes, it depends on how "big"(profile level, fanfare level) you want to have it be.
In Nigeria, many people listen to a whole lot of voices when preparing for weddings, as such they get caught up in a financial straits after the wedding, coz they allow relatives from right and left to start making unnecessary demands, just to gratify themselves, and fulfil the "If you dont spend money, you are not yet married" philisophy.

The advice is: Cut your coat according to your size.

In the world of today, twill be very unreasonable for someone to go borrow money, get loans just to do a wedding. Such people end up spending months just to repay the loans after the wedding, in the absence of all the guests. Sit you bride down, let her know how far you can comfortably stretch yourself. Agree together and after that, let anyone that disagrees go and marry himself/herself.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by Seun(m): 9:26am On Oct 08, 2006
Smart people don't start breeding until they have a considerable and consistent income.

You can get married at any time, but please don't have children before you have the means to take care of them. That's where poverty comes from. That's the most capital-intensive aspect of marriage!
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by Nobody: 3:27am On Jun 07, 2007
if you want to outdo the joneses and do a big bash that you truly can't afford,you'll cause undue financial stress on your young marriage and risk everything.

However a wedding is a most memorable ocassion but don't be carried away and bite more than you can chew.
After the guests are gone,the marriage begins.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by spoilt(f): 4:04am On Jun 07, 2007
we had a wedding that almost had us filing for bankruptcy. its ok to have a small wedding. seriously its ok. undecided
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by Everbright(f): 7:16am On Jun 07, 2007
Must you marry
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by dearstan(m): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2007
Everbright:

Must you marry
What a question, how old are you, are you married or aint you gonna get married??
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by angel101(f): 8:31am On Jun 07, 2007
Everbright:

Must you marry

u seem to have missed the question shocked
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by Echidime(m): 8:44am On Jun 07, 2007
Marriage is a very serious issue,it is important in our lives,but then you should do it in a way that you won't go to your friends to ask for food after the wedding.only then will they give you the laughing of the century grin grin grin grin grin MOst of them will start seducing your wife telling her you came to beg for food,what the hellis she doing with a poor man like you,if your wife is not strong enough she may fall for this temptation.

So if you have 100,000 Naira,spent only 20,000 Naira on your wedding and use the rest to take care of your GOd giving wife.

Have a good married life
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by McDoe(m): 9:32am On Jun 07, 2007
My brother, it is not albeit more responsibilites. Just plan with your partner and take to voice of reason in every matrimonial step you take.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by eko4show(m): 9:43am On Jun 07, 2007
wedding is different from marriage. while the former may be needlessly and mindlessly expensive, the latter is only a matter of give and take.

wedding is a ceremony, marriage is an intitution or the life together after you say "i do"
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by sillyboy(m): 9:54am On Jun 07, 2007
I totally support bright Everbright. MUST YOU MARRY. It's not necesary to marry. Most especially when your guts start to tell you it could wipe you out. My advise. DON'T MARRY. That way you will be able to spend your money yourself. Miser!
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by tasiana(m): 10:09am On Jun 07, 2007
i think Seun made a good point.

Everbright:

Must you marry

If u think marriage is expensive try fornication or adultry angry
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by benit(f): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2007
It depends on the type of wedding you want (Elaborate or small) First, agree with your partner, then draw up a budget based on how much you are willing to spend. Be detailed about it like bride/grooms requirements,venue,entertainment,family rites etc. you cut down if the total is higher or mark up if lesser and work strictly with this budget. Plan more with your partner as it will be your day. I advice you not to overshoot your expenses. Marriage is bigger than wedding. Goodluck.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by Soundmind(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2007
@ eko4show,
I totally agree with u.
Bros, there is nothing compulsory in wedding except marriage certificate which is not costly at all. It is as expensive as you make it. No body is tasking you on anything.
Plan within your reach. Remember that real marriage starts after the wedding.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by SirKay3(m): 11:04am On Jun 07, 2007
@ Shinkafi,

Make it a low key one. A happy home is not based on how big or small your wedding bash is/was. Enjoy your money with your wife thereafter.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by ayoeze11(m): 11:27am On Jun 07, 2007
Try make am lo key my Bros, time wait for no one
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by Everbright(f): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2007
It's not compulsory to get married
If you think or your friends think marriage is expensive
then stay unmarried shekina
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by Kaliyat(f): 12:19pm On Jun 07, 2007
@shinkafi, I dont think you should concern yourself with wedding expenses. You can take ur bride to church or mosque-whichever ,and take her away immediately after the vows and all what not. You know, the way they do it in the movies, just prepare pepper soup for ur guest and ride away with ur amarya (bride) to God knows where which does not require any huge expense at all.

Good luck bro.

Any body that wants to do "owambe" shd contribute his own money so that u guys can throw a bash afterwards.lol grin grin grin grin grin wink wink
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by owengospel(m): 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2007
Hello dear
Go ahead and marry but I can teach you how to make a big bash with little money, Get your friends as your Marriage commitee members.call  me for more tips   08064788521. Owen
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by ojuvester: 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2007
shocked Ore, Shine yur eyes, Your question should have been is wedding a Capital Intensive project.Bro, cut your wedding according to your pocket and do not let friends detemine how you cut your wedding.My answer is wedding is not a Capital Intensive Project.I wedded with onlya thousand in my account, God helped me sha.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2007
As Someone said above, cut your coat according to your size, its not necessary to have a fucking expensive wedding, and later have to pay debts. which could cause problems in your early marriage.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by ferdimako1: 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2007
Well Guys, I guess guys here commenting on weddings are woman-like in thinking. Spend now and steal tomorrow. I guess the new way of doing things in a very corrupt country is overlooked. Just get a chick and have it with her and everything spending comes down. Afterall, wedding ends with marriage which ends with having kids. So cut off the first two things in that horrible chain. If not, let the chicks do the spending while Bobos do the climbing.Or we enjoy freelance parents. What about?
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 07, 2007
no offense intended,
but if you refer to this thread,you will understand why the fellow asked the question:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-51789.32.html
How To Plan A Good Wedding?

oddly enough,  ladies were advocating 'at least 500,000' .in this thread ladies are advocating 'cut your coat according to your size'.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2007
Interesting.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by Olufidu(m): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2007
Point of correction!!!

@ all thay have been quoting "cut your coat according to your size" . .  . this has changed in recent times, it is now "cut your coat according to your cloth". grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2007
still interesting.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by temmyabby(f): 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2007
You get married once undecided or that whats intended, so do it well, don't mind your friends you're getting married not them make it a memorable day but don't you're thinking of the future though.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by pek(m): 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2007
you sound as if you are doing the marriage for you friend and not for yourself.settle it with your spouse and not your friend.
Re: Is It True That Marriage Is A Capital Intensive Project? by idea(m): 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2007
my guy, it all depends on how you want it, mine was okay, i didn't borrow a dime from anyone, and i didn't plan it based on what i was expecting from people either, that does not mean you will not find favor from people.

you can have an elaborate wedding ceremony that might make u go broke and eventually cause a serious trouble for you because you'll regret getting married to your wife.

at the same time what you call an elaborate wedding ceremony might be something small to some other persons, by this i mean an elaborate wedding for a local government chairman in one state might be child's play to a state governor in the same state, grin

my advise for you is to base your plans according to what you feel will not make you regret at the end of the whole ceremony,

do not take to all your friends tell you, some of them are just "chicken littles"

more so, wedding is for a day, marriage is for a lifetime,

a word is enough for the wise. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Its Unbelievable,she Got Pregant Without Me Sleeping With Her,can U Imagine / Is God Wicked ? / Hw Do I Get My Dad Off My Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.