Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims (3195 Views)

Joining The Bandwagon; Embracing The Single Story / 10 Considerations When Searching For The One From An Islamic Perspective / Making The Angels Write Down Curse Words - Kamal El-mekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by deols(f): 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
the last thing I will take offence over is what someone thinks of me...If uv seen my posts well, ud realise I dont care.

It doesnt matter if I am ugly to u either. I wld care NOT for what someone hoping to TAME a woman thinks of my looks.

btw, I ddnt mean to be offensive wv my post.You are entitled to Your choice grin

justaqad:

That quality alone cannot be camouflaged or cloned. It's in d gene.
Other qualities like character, etc can be learned.
I can tame an abusive woman, etc.
I admire beautiful kids,
I wanna give my kids d same.
I can imagine ur anger, maybe u re just so war-gly (war-war + ugly) lol
No offense. Though.
Dnt question my preferences.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by AbdH: 2:50pm On Apr 11, 2013
deols:

The email address is good. Others can follow suit and do just that.
Set an example for the ladies too. cheesy
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by AbdH: 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
justaqad:

I admire beautiful kids,
No offense. Though.
Thank you
Seriously? Bro, this isn't fair on a lady - a Muslimah for that matter. I hope you apologize to her or modify your post to a more suitable one. Assalamu alaykum.
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by AbdH: 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
ajibawealt: A muslim male here. I'm currently working and schooling at the same time, but will be rounding up my schooling soon and I'm planning settling down thereafter.

I need a mature, beautiful, homely and working muslim sister with AA genotype, preferrably Yoruba.
Could be a career woman but shouldn't work extra long hours.

She must be religious but not an extremist.

Height - 5'ft plus. I'm 5'11ft
body - Average
Age - 25 - 30

Here's my email ad - gaphcloud@gmail.com
Weldone sir, I hope others post their profiles too. As for me, I am still skeptical. I believe that the only way this can make more progress is when the sisters start dropping their profiles. Why? Sisters hardly make the first move.
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
justaqad:

I admire beautiful kids,
No offense. Though.
Thank you

Your comments many times show a lack of manners. Did you read your comment before posting? You should really make better jokes...

As regards your preference for beauty, I would say that is shallow to say the least. What if you marry a beautiful woman that does not pray,a woman that misguides your beautiful kids.

No matter how beautiful your wife is, that beauty will fade.... We have to set the right priorities when it comes to marriage, Religion should be number one.

Like the messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

It was narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, that the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said: “A woman is married for four (reasons): her wealth, noble ancestry, beauty and religion. Choose the religious woman lest your hand is stuck to dust” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

The messenger has already given us the number one priority.

Do you really think, you can change a person's character? Many times couples just have to cope with the things they can't change. Do you not go into a marriage thinking you can make the woman pray or you can change her attitude otherwise you will enter 'one chance'.

Remember you can't strike/beat your wife. I read somewhere when you talked about slapping your wife and i was disgusted to say the least.. Where did you get that from?

1 Like

Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by deols(f): 3:11pm On Apr 11, 2013
AbdH:
Set an example for the ladies too. cheesy

I set d example almost 2 years ago...

The Muslimahs on this forum are not many. Many ladies are brought up 2 be shy about these things so don't expect too much.

Actually I'd be surprised if many come forward albeit it would gladden my heart.

and you are skeptical and want others to drop their own profiles. UNFAIR undecided
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by justaqad(m): 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
deols: the last thing I will take offence over is what someone thinks of me...If uv seen my posts well, ud realise I dont care.

It doesnt matter if I am ugly to u either. I wld care NOT for what someone hoping to TAME a woman thinks of my looks.

btw, I ddnt mean to be offensive wv my post.You are entitled to Your choice grin

lol.
no offense.
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by justaqad(m): 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
AbdH:
Seriously? Bro, this isn't fair on a lady - a Muslimah for that matter. I hope you apologize to her or modify your post to a more suitable one. Assalamu alaykum.

NOTED
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by justaqad(m): 3:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

Your comments many times show a lack of manners. Did you read your comment before posting? You should really make better jokes...
calm down big bro, anyway glad you saw the joke

tbaba1234:
As regards your preference for beauty, I would say that is shallow to say the least. What if you marry a beautiful woman that does not pray,a woman that misguides your beautiful kids.
no man can claim monopoly of knowledge... read my post again, beauty being a priority does not mean i'd overlook other attributes.besides my Mom was not born a muslim, she was convinced Islam is best for her.my dad worked it out.
tbaba1234:
No matter how beautiful your wife is, that beauty will fade.... We have to set the right priorities when it comes to marriage, Religion should be number one.
and you think manners does not fade too? please read my posts again.....

Like the messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

It was narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, that the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said: “A woman is married for four (reasons): her wealth, noble ancestry, beauty and religion. Choose the religious woman lest your hand is stuck to dust” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

The messenger has already given us the number one priority.

tbaba1234:
Do you really think, you can change a person's character?
YES

tbaba1234:
Many times couples just have to cope with the things they can't change. Do you not go into a marriage thinking you can make the woman pray or you can change her attitude otherwise you will enter 'one chance'.
LOL
I AM A LIVING TESTIMONY.... MY DAD NO ENTER ONE CHANCE.

tbaba1234:
Remember you can't strike/beat your wife. I read somewhere when you talked about slapping your wife and i was disgusted to say the least.. Where did you get that from?

I WONT BEAT MY WIFE, BUT I WONT HESITATE TO SLAP WHEN AFTER SEVERAL ADMONITION SHE STILL MISBEHAVES...
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by justaqad(m): 3:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
@ DEOLS I AM SORRY IF MY POST OFFENDS YOU.
IT WAS A JOKE......
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by justaqad(m): 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
TO ALL MISUNDERSTANDING ME.
BEAUTY CANT BE BOUGHT, IT IS INBUILT.
CHARACTERS, MANNERS AND MORALS CAN BE MANEUVERED.

I GUESS YOU GUYS READ THE STORY OF CHINESE MAN SUING HIS WIFE FOR DECEPTION..(LOL)
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by AbdH: 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
deols:

I set d example almost 2 years ago...

The Muslimahs on this forum are not many. Many ladies are brought up 2 be shy about these things so don't expect too much.

Actually I'd be surprised if many come forward albeit it would gladden my heart.

and you are skeptical and want others to drop their own profiles. UNFAIR undecided
I know, I know....sis. I just want it to be successful and that is more plausible where sisters drop their profiles too.
Brothers who are not skeptical can drop theirs while I contemplate dropping mine.
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by tbaba1234: 3:43pm On Apr 11, 2013
justaqad:
calm down big bro, anyway glad you saw the joke

no man can claim monopoly of knowledge... read my post again, beauty being a priority does not mean i'd overlook other attributes.besides my Mom was not born a muslim, she was convinced Islam is best for her.my dad worked it out.

and you think manners does not fade too? please read my posts again.....

The point is your top priority should not be beauty, not every relationship will turn out like your dad's own. The over emphasis is a problem.

A good character does not fade with time. Beauty does.... The truth is after a few years, you would not even be looking at the beauty but a woman with the right attitude would always gladden a man's heart. You can only change the attitude if you treat her badly.

There are many people who marry non-muslims and change their religion instead of the other way round. Do not think that because it worked for your father, it will work for you.

I WONT BEAT MY WIFE, BUT I WONT HESITATE TO SLAP WHEN AFTER SEVERAL ADMONITION SHE STILL MISBEHAVES...

Striking your wife on the face is completely haram...

Hadith - Tirmidhi, Narrated Amr ibn al-Ahwas al-Jushami
I said: Apostle of Allah, how should we approach our wives and how should we leave them? He replied: Approach your tilth when or how you will*, give her (your wife) food when you take food, clothe when you clothe yourself, do not revile her face, and do not beat her.

This topic was made for people like you : https://www.nairaland.com/1227184/couple-relations-roles-conflict-resolution
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by deols(f): 3:54pm On Apr 11, 2013
@tbaba, on the other thread when I was talking about understanding people..I doubt that people can totally hide their personality. A word or two and you'd be able to tell.

words like- My children are my utmost priority, calling someone else ugly, etc should already be red flags to any woman even if d statements are not directed at them.

It should be known that such people have no iota of respect for others. It doesnt require a ten years courtship-well for someone who is intuitive.
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by deols(f): 3:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
AbdH:
I know, I know....sis. I just want it to be successful and that is more plausible where sisters drop their profiles too.
Brothers who are not skeptical can drop theirs while I contemplate dropping mine.

okay. take your time.
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by SONKOko(m): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
Thread turned to another thing already
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by justaqad(m): 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

The point is your top priority should not be beauty, not every relationship will turn out like your dad's own. The over emphasis is a problem.

A good character does not fade with time. Beauty does.... The truth is after a few years, you would not even be looking at the beauty but a woman with the right attitude would always gladden a man's heart. You can only change the attitude if you treat her badly.

There are many people who marry non-muslims and change their religion instead of the other way round. Do not think that because it worked for your father, it will work for you.

Striking your wife on the face is completely haram...

Hadith - Tirmidhi, Narrated Amr ibn al-Ahwas al-Jushami
I said: Apostle of Allah, how should we approach our wives and how should we leave them? He replied: Approach your tilth when or how you will*, give her (your wife) food when you take food, clothe when you clothe yourself, do not revile her face, and do not beat her.

This topic was made for people like you : https://www.nairaland.com/1227184/couple-relations-roles-conflict-resolution

Its useless trying to fill an already filled cup.
If after several admonition i said. Why should i condone lawlessness from my wife?
Seriously your preference might be my trash.
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by ajibawealt(m): 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
AbdH:
Weldone sir, I hope others post their profiles too. As for me, I am still skeptical. I believe that the only way this can make more progress is when the sisters start dropping their profiles. Why? Sisters hardly make the first move.

I'm on the same page with you bro, but just decided to give it a trial. The more reason I put an email add, so that i can get acquainted to the sister first by exchanging mails or chat. We can then move on from there if we strike a balance.
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by tbaba1234: 4:04pm On Apr 11, 2013
justaqad:

Its useless trying to fill an already filled cup.
If after several admonition i said. Why should i condone lawlessness from my wife?
Seriously your preference might be my trash.

So you would disobey the messenger instead, read the thread
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by justaqad(m): 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
deols: @tbaba, on the other thread when I was talking about understanding people..I doubt that people can totally hide their personality. A word or two and you'd be able to tell.

words like- My children are my utmost priority, calling someone else ugly, etc should already be red flags to any woman even if d statements are not directed at them.

It should be known that such people have no iota of respect for others. It doesnt require a ten years courtship-well for someone who is intuitive.

Someone is already feeling hurt, lol
So if i say someone is ugly its a turn off for me abi.
Matchmaker deols.
There are over 2 billion women in the world, your turn off might be another lady's turn on
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by justaqad(m): 4:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
tbaba1234:

So you would disobey the messenger instead, read the thread

Can you please respect my choice?
Thank you
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by deols(f): 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2013
justaqad:

Someone is already feeling hurt, lol
So if i say someone is ugly its a turn off for me abi.
Matchmaker deols.
There are over 2 billion women in the world, your turn off might be another lady's turn off.

She can then deal with the consequences. One or two slaps and she'd already know.

and God may just give u ur type. U slap her,she retaliates and ur God given position becomes dragged in the mud..whatever
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by deols(f): 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
onto the real issue...

ajibawealt:

I'm on the same page with you bro, but just decided to give it a trial. The more reason I put an email add, so that i can get acquainted to the sister first by exchanging mails or chat. We can then move on from there if we strike a balance.

all the best
Re: Match-making The Single & Searching Muslims by justaqad(m): 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
deols:

She can then deal with the consequences. One or two slaps and she'd already know.

and God may just give u ur type. U slap her,she retaliates and ur God given position becomes dragged in the mod..whatever

Alhamdulahi you are revealing yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Natural Phenomena Showing The Oneness Of Allah (pics) / This Is Beautiful Revenge Indeed. / Impermissible To Say Unlegislated Du'a (dhikr) After Prayer (salah)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.