Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,882 members, 7,956,327 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:03 AM

Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business (7548 Views)

100 Fresh New Business Ideas For 2015 + How To Get Funding / Venture Capital Funding For Dotcom Startups In Nigeria? / Where Can I Get Funding For My Sme "ice Block Making Business" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by hottprince: 12:17am On Apr 09, 2013
Nice idea OP
Seems to me that u r d only investor on ds thread so let me join u. Let's say right now I have 100k.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 09, 2013
hottprince: Nice idea OP
Seems to me that u r d only investor on ds thread so let me join u. Let's say right now I have 100k.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 09, 2013
^^^
Wrong! I was actually going to facilitate an investment to the tune of #1 million for a business, however I'm still examining if it's worth the try.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by databoy247(m): 2:54am On Apr 09, 2013
funny thread.
Actually i have 3 ideas.

1. Setting up a portal where Nigerians trade stocks online from the NSE. Highly potential, But cant say much here.

2. Set up a job board to link Nigerian freelancers with hourly job offers around the world. I am well xperienced in this. Also, with a Virtual Administrative (VA) platform where oganizations and small biz can outsource their admin and other tasks to working freelancers or VAs.....cost effective for them through outsoucing....am also very good at this....more details will provided on request. Good idea cos, very coy wanna cut cost.

3. Sell recharge cards online with a new kind of UI........there arent more than 10 websites (reliable) that actually does that in Nigeria. The market is still fresh here.

I can be reached via email on nwakstar@yahoo.com cos i dont reply PMs.

Pls my idea will be useless to idea thieves cos i surely left out the juicy parts.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 4:00am On Apr 09, 2013
Goodday op,i ve always wanted to open a shawama spot and a mini bar around my area,if u re interested would be very grateful.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by hottprince: 7:33am On Apr 09, 2013
Graphy: Goodday op,i ve always wanted to open a shawama spot and a mini bar around my area,if u re interested would be very grateful.
Where r u located?
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 09, 2013
hottprince:
Where r u located?
olodi apapa,there is nothing like a shawama spot here.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2013
databoy247: funny thread.
Actually i have 3 ideas.

1. Setting up a portal where Nigerians trade stocks online from the NSE. Highly potential, But cant say much here.

2. Set up a job board to link Nigerian freelancers with hourly job offers around the world. I am well xperienced in this. Also, with a Virtual Administrative (VA) platform where oganizations and small biz can outsource their admin and other tasks to working freelancers or VAs.....cost effective for them through outsoucing....am also very good at this....more details will provided on request. Good idea cos, very coy wanna cut cost.

3. Sell recharge cards online with a new kind of UI........there arent more than 10 websites (reliable) that actually does that in Nigeria. The market is still fresh here.

Pls my idea will be useless to idea thieves cos i surely left out the juicy parts.

How Feasible is the first one? I'm seriously in doubt if NSE has made available real time trading platform for public use.
This will require a great deal of planning and investment. Maybe we should take our discussion to the Webmasters section to get more valuable input.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by OmerianConsult: 10:57am On Apr 09, 2013
Do you love innovation? Do you want to chart a new course rather than thread the worn out paths of accepted success? Do you want to be part of a team that redefines the Nigerian construction industry? Then invest in this!

We are a business development and advisory services firm that is committed to building mega-successful businesses. Our client Ugo-Rosis & Associates is the Nigerian representative of Aglomar SL, Monaco, Spain, makers of unique building finishing and interior decoration products that have being used globally for decades. Such products include plaster-paints; tiles & marbles; natural & pigmented stone etc that meet buildings' need for durability, international quality, protection and safety, while giving it a unique beautiful look.

Plaster-paints are like coloured cements that are applied directly on any surface (block, bricks, even on already plastered and painted walls) to simultaneously plaster and paint it. The paint therein is durable for 7 years while the plaster is better than one done with cement. Being water-proof, it is cleaned by simply flushing with water. They come in all imaginable colours and unique varieties, with some variants bearing beautifully coloured pigmented stones.
Though Ugo-Rosis & Associates has done some projects in Ota, lekki, Yaba, Ajah and other parts of Lagos, the high cost of importing the products from Spain is limiting the firm's growth.

However, they recently commenced local production as most of the raw materials have being locally sourced while the rest have been sent by Aglomar SL. This will make the price drop drastically, thereby making a widely acceptable products that could compete with cement.
Ugo-Rosis & associates needs investors to drop between N2m - N5m to scale-up its local production capacity. The potential of this venture is enormous as the firm has pending jobs already.

See the products' video at http://vimeo.com/9935159 (the only blackman therein is the MD of Ugo-Rosis & Associates)and visit Aglomar at ww.aglomar.com. Click on the Union jack (UK flag) at the top right hand corner to select English language . See the firm's thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1011909/now-nigeria-international-quality-building

Call today to get a free DVD, a catalog, a visual inspection of the projects we have done and opportunity to see our production facility.

Investors interested in this great opportunity should contact us through T: 08132232989, 08188360168. M: omerianconsult@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by somebody(f): 11:09am On Apr 09, 2013
hottprince: Nice idea OP

sholatech has also indicated interest in co-investing. And of course now brand_new. So far, I have exchanged emails with elvis on his xmx me application. It will be good if others can analyse the application too as I am not too technical. Thanks for the interest smiley
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by freetowns: 11:10am On Apr 09, 2013
I would still advice anyone intersted in this sort of thing to try angel Investors of also this site www.entrepreneurs.com(i think is a forum) or www.businessdens.com which I think is a start up but really going places
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by somebody(f): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2013
sholatech: I am following this thread, and can join poster in both the analytic and willing to co-invest

Hello and thanks for the interest. Can you please also have a look at the xmx me application developed by elvis. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by databoy247(m): 11:16am On Apr 09, 2013
Brand_new:

How Feasible is the first one? I'm seriously in doubt if NSE has made available real time trading platform for public use.
This will require a great deal of planning and investment. Maybe we should take our discussion to the Webmasters section to get more valuable input.
Its very feasible. There is no realtime trading platform but there is a realtime update API which can be used for the said purpose. The trading isnt going to be buying and selling of stocks per say. Am afraid i cant say much to secure my buiness idea. And i definitely cant disclose such in the webmasters sections.....until there is work in progress...then i can even apply for a patent before i disclose anymore details. Trust me, its really huge.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by somebody(f): 11:19am On Apr 09, 2013
databoy247: funny thread.
Actually i have 3 ideas.

Thanks databoy for your input. I think the idea that jumps out at me is no 2 because I started working on it but decided I had no time to dedicate to it. Its one of those ideas I've wondered why noone else has done because of the high rate of unemployment. I have a domain reserved too for this - happy to transfer it and the small work I did to whoever can dedicate time to making it a success.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by somebody(f): 11:22am On Apr 09, 2013
databoy247:
Its very feasible. There is no realtime trading platform but there is a realtime update API which can be used for the said purpose. The trading isnt going to be buying and selling of stocks per say. Am afraid i cant say much to secure my buiness idea. And i definitely cant disclose such in the webmasters sections.....until there is work in progress...then i can even apply for a patent before i disclose anymore details. Trust me, its really huge.

Interesting, even though I work in finance - not sure how this will work. Sounds like it will require a lot for work though. Can you realistically get a patent for that? Not sure how things work in Nigeria but it will be difficult getting a patent for something like that in the UK. Is it expensive to set up?
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by somebody(f): 11:35am On Apr 09, 2013
Graphy: Goodday op,i ve always wanted to open a shawama spot and a mini bar around my area,if u re interested would be very grateful.

To be honest, I am more interested in existing business. But food business is always big business so perhaps I can explore further.

1. How much will it cost to set one up in the area?
2. Have you done your research into the demand for shawarma in the area.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by databoy247(m): 11:38am On Apr 09, 2013
somebody:

Thanks databoy for your input. I think the idea that jumps out at me is no 2 because I started working on it but decided I had no time to dedicate to it. Its one of those ideas I've wondered why noone else has done because of the high rate of unemployment. I have a domain reserved too for this - happy to transfer it and the small work I did to whoever can dedicate time to making it a success.

Hit me up with with a brief of what you have done on it via nwakstar@yahoo.com and the domain name. I currently work part time with a similar company in the US so i have an idea of what to do.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 09, 2013
somebody:

To be honest, I am more interested in existing business. But food business is always big business so perhaps I can explore further.

1. How much will it cost to set one up in the area?
2. Have you done your research into the demand for shawarma in the area.
can i PM u pls 4 d details?
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by kaybest1: 11:48am On Apr 09, 2013
if you don,t have interest in animal production, what about crop production.
I it not not an understatement that agriculture is the bed rock of any economy.
technology can not will never a substitute for food.
if you this insterest you i have some ideas
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by somebody(f): 11:48am On Apr 09, 2013
databoy247:

Hit me up with with a brief of what you have done on it via nwakstar@yahoo.com and the domain name. I currently work part time with a similar company in the US so i have an idea of what to do.

Sent.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by somebody(f): 11:49am On Apr 09, 2013
Graphy: can i PM u pls 4 d details?

Okay! Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by oduz: 11:49am On Apr 09, 2013
Seun: I'm watching this thread.

Positively, I hope? cool
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by databoy247(m): 11:51am On Apr 09, 2013
somebody:

Interesting, even though I work in finance - not sure how this will work. Sounds like it will require a lot for work though. Can you realistically get a patent for that? Not sure how things work in Nigeria but it will be difficult getting a patent for something like that in the UK. Is it expensive to set up?

I really dont know much about getting a patent in Nigeria but nothing is impossible. As for the biz, yes it will require alot of work and probably some finance. Some of the background work is already in progress which includes the API. Creating the trading platform and integrating the API is the bulk of the work. Then testing and extensive debugging comes last. As per finance, 60% of the funding will go into adverts, massive adverts within the first 3months of lunching. We are looking at approximately N1.5 millon.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by somebody(f): 11:52am On Apr 09, 2013
kay best: if you don,t have interest in animal production, what about crop production.
I it not not an understatement that agriculture is the bed rock of any economy.
technology can not will never a substitute for food.
if you this insterest you i have some ideas

I know farming is probably lucrative but I personally don't have an interest. And it probably costs a lot to develop, let us know your ideas on the thread and who knows an investor might pick it up. And please note my mind isn't closed to farming, I am just more partial to other ideas so you never know...if it is compelling enough....
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by somebody(f): 11:59am On Apr 09, 2013
databoy247:

I really dont know much about getting a patent in Nigeria but nothing is impossible. As for the biz, yes it will require alot of work and probably some finance. Some of the background work is already in progress which includes the API. Creating the trading platform and integrating the API is the bulk of the work. Then testing and extensive debugging comes last. As per finance, 60% of the funding will go into adverts, massive adverts within the first 3months of lunching. We are looking at approximately N1.5 millon.

Ok have a few questions, probably best to take it offline. The start up funds are not prohibitive so definitely one to watch.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by oduz: 12:18pm On Apr 09, 2013
[
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by oduz: 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2013
somebody: Thanks for the responses guys. However, will like to see more interest from potential investors - it doesn't have to be a huge commitment, I certainly don't have millions to give out. Please, also don't send me a PM if you haven't indicated on this thread that you are sending one as I won't respond. Finally, it'll be great to have a summary of the ideas on here and more private details can be sent via PM. At least, others will get to see the ideas and who knows become the investors. Thanks.

I am with u on this (as an Investor), but on ONE CONDITION, please remove the word 'Nairaland'

In actual fact I opened a thread in this direction earlier in the year & it got closed after Seun's intervention

I have since gone solo, outside NL & I thank God for the fulfilment that has accompanied it

The constrain is SMEs need not just Money, but also mentoring & monitoring even when the drivers are commited to being trasparent

Mentoring can get nights of joint brainstorming from me, on any network/platform

Monitoring takes time (real manhours), that I think can be made more convenient by sharing or delegation to those who have more of it,or have advantage of location

Kudos & Best of luck cool
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Mcleo007(m): 12:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
Seems nobody read my outlay in the previous page so I'm reposting it here. I seek investors and the cash I seek is not much. Help a brother achieve his dream.

Nice step in a right direction @op. I've always
thought in that direction of bringing investors with
real finances to throw around to ingesting in
potential SmEs that have the potential to grow big.
You make money investing than when you just stash
it in the bank.

I'm a business owner and entrepreneurial
enthusiast. My main stay is in the world of fashion.
Why fashion? It falls within the 3 folds of human
livelihood that can never be surpressed no matter
what (food, clothing and shelter). Clothing is an
essential part of human living. I co-established a
fashion company that is 3yrs old now and I must say the challenges have been overwhelming and despitebeing focused on what we wanted from the outset, the finances with which to pursue the dream didn't come forth as expected. They came in phases and each phase creeping into the next. Adding to that is the NIGERIA factor of production which comes at a high cost.

Our vision is to build a brand name like
the ones you find abroad (Givenchy, D&G, Chanel
and more) by making good clothing for majority of
Nigerians who want to look good in nice wears. One
would ask; the Remi Lagos, Mai Atafo, Frank Oshodi
and Mudi who grace the fashion runway every other
evening, how many people wear their products? Just
a few people in the upper class. People in the
middle class and lower want to wear good clothes
and associate with a local name, but find themselves unable to afford the clothes made by these talented designers because of the huge prices and unavailability of their products. This is where we want to come in.

In the face of rediscovering and rebranding the
business since the constraints to grow effectively is
taking its toll on us(We are into clothing creation for
people of diverse age, class and orientation:
corporate shirts, casuals and African wears), we
have made contact with clothing companies outside
the country; one in Dubai and 2 others in China that
can replicate our designs with good finishing at a
cost that is way lower and profitable to when
produced here in Nigeria. Why should one continue
to produce here when the cost of production is
dream killer, and even the cost of producing a single finished Shirt in China or Dubai is cheaper than the amount you spend to buy just the fabric for same product here in Nigeria? It is that wide! As such, we can storm the Nigerian market with our clothing designs and supply to boutiques at good prices and make our profit.

For this dream and pursuit to be, we need little financial support. Whoever is ready to help in this light can indicate so I can send a PM in that regard. Thanks.
(Modify) (Quote) (Rep
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by hottprince: 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
Op I also exchanged some mails with elvis.
I really think the XMX ME idea will work. I like d guy's idea n I think we should come together and discuss how this can work.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by ANAgency(m): 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
Want to set up a mobile phone store and e-store that will be more sophisticated than konga and co but intend to start small and grow it gradually till it get there.

Come to my aid.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
A.N Agency:
Want to set up a mobile phone store and e-store that will be more sophisticated than konga and co but intend to start small and grow it gradually till it get there.

Come to my aid.
How do you source for your stocks and how competitive are your prices?
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by hottprince: 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
I've decided to add some more cash to the one on the table, at the range of 20 makin it 120.
Pls investors should also add d amount the r willing to invest.

@elvis btw should we continue d discussion here or via email?

@mcleo its not that no one read ur post bu speaking for myself, I really think d fashion market is a highly competitive n congested market already, diving into it is not something I'll go for. I know its lucrative but its not my thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mistakes People Make In Starting An Online Business In Nigeria / Electricity Generation Now At 4,242mw – Nnaji / This Is What I Do at Night When Everyone Is Sleeping [Pic]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.