Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business (7408 Views)

100 Fresh New Business Ideas For 2015 + How To Get Funding / Venture Capital Funding For Dotcom Startups In Nigeria? / Where Can I Get Funding For My Sme "ice Block Making Business" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by orekayode: 8:03am On Apr 16, 2013
Hello, I have a lucrative business project, still in mid stages. the product
being developed has lots of potentials and wide marketability. Its a product
that solves a problem common to the average nigerian(daily) the slightest of
pitches would give the product away. Investment needed is 1.5 million naira &
a 1000& ROI is guaranteed within 1 year of investment. There is calculated proof
to back up my claim. An email would convince you.
Interested parties should contact < ninnovative@yahoo.com >.
Serious and capable parties only.

I can guarantee its a product every one that has dropped a post on this thread
would buy. sounds impossible right? like i said ,an email would convince you.

Have a nice day
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by BlackRace1(m): 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2013
@Elvis, hottprince and somebody. Y'all seem to be the 'hot heads' of this forum.

Can I be the fourth passenger on the XMX bus? Fill me in on summarized details of the whole project and how much progress has been made. A day job employee thats kinda tired of bying land in undeveloped areas and waiting till eternity for them to turn into millions. I guess I could contribute a couple of 'Clement Isongs' if the returns will be worth it.

Cheers.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by elvis10ten(m): 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2013
Black Race: @Elvis, hottprince and somebody. Y'all seem to be the 'hot heads' of this forum.

Can I be the fourth passenger on the XMX bus? Fill me in on summarized details of the whole project and how much progress has been made. A day job employee thats kinda tired of bying land in undeveloped areas and waiting till eternity for them to turn into millions. I guess I could contribute a couple of 'Clement Isongs' if the returns will be worth it.

Cheers.
HI. PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL OR SEND A BLANK EMAIL TO: elvis.chidera@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by TokyoBulls(m): 10:53am On Apr 18, 2013
TokyoBulls:

Please can you send me an e-mail. I might be interested in this if I'm convinced.

We have begun discussions on this and there are indications we might be able to go all the way if the entrepreneur can provide answers to all the questions asked. However, I want to encourage investors not to put too much pressure on returns on these new and budding businesses. If you have the means and resources to go all the way and the idea is promising enough, you may invest. Do not invest what you cannot lose.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by hottprince: 1:17am On Apr 19, 2013
TokyoBulls:

We have begun discussions on this and there are indications we might be able to go all the way if the entrepreneur can provide answers to all the questions asked. However, I want to encourage investors not to put too much pressure on returns on these new and budding businesses. If you have the means and resources to go all the way and the idea is promising enough, you may invest. Do not invest what you cannot lose.
U r getting it wrong investors have to put pressure on returns cos that's d main reason of investing
Elvis try n switch on ur phone
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 19, 2013
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by aglomar: 4:56am On Apr 19, 2013
We make very unique building finishing and interior decoration products such as plaster paints. They are like water-proof coloured cements which are applied directly on blocks to simultaneously plaster and paint it with the paint therein being durable for 7 years. We have done several projects in Lagos and Ogun states though we were importing products from our Spanish partners, Aglomar SL. We have now commenced local production and needs investors for expansion. See video at http://vimeo.com/9935159.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by aglomar: 5:34am On Apr 19, 2013
databoy247:
Set up a job board to link Nigerian freelancers with hourly job offers around the world. I am well xperienced in this. Also, with a Virtual Administrative (VA) platform where oganizations and small biz can outsource their admin and other tasks
l have someone who needs a freelance job. He's good in writing, mathematics, thinking and teaching. How will he get paid as he's in Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by TokyoBulls(m): 8:18am On Apr 23, 2013
I can't believe how few the responses here are. I'm sure there will be hundreds of thousands of responses, views and replies if we were talking about NNPC recruiting. SMH

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by zskimprexions(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
TokyoBulls: I can't believe how few the responses here are. I'm sure there will be hundreds of thousands of responses, views and replies if we were talking about NNPC recruiting. SMH
Its really pathetic. Even much motivation is not coming the ways of entrepreneurs.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by elvis10ten(m): 8:01am On Apr 24, 2013
Where is somebody ?.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by TokyoBulls(m): 9:17am On Apr 24, 2013
elvis10ten: Where is somebody ?.
I am here.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by TokyoBulls(m): 9:18am On Apr 24, 2013
zskimprexions:
Its really pathetic. Even much motivation is not coming the ways of entrepreneurs.
I agree with you. Maybe some of us need to challenge others and clearly spell out some business ideas
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by chyke007(m): 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by stpat1(m): 10:00am On Apr 29, 2013
oduz:

Where is your location? I currently manage a 20Ton Mack Truck, & would not mind cooperating with others on the scheme you have suggested. Cheers cool

I shuttle lagos and ph. U did not drop any contact details. 08060089362 or saintpatrics@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by zskimprexions(m): 11:43am On Apr 29, 2013
TokyoBulls: I agree with you. Maybe some of us need to challenge others and clearly spell out some business ideas
TRUE talk but how do we achieve this without jeopardizing the security of our concepts? BTW, I haven't heard from you in days...
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2013
First don't tarnish the Image of the cooperate affair commission, company registration was 25thousand Naira 4months back and now it is 100 US dollar approved by the federal government 2months ago which is an equivalent of 15thousand Naira so your 600 Euros claim is false...applying through a lawyer is what increases it and it doesn't goes up more than 70thousand Naira if you are using a Lawyer.

Barcholder:

check out the "Easiest way to get rich....." thread for your first entry. I doubt you can beat that.

There are literally too many opportunities in Nigeria. I'd rather keep some of them to myself at this time, as I have some of my workers progressing the launch soon.

Here's one for you to chew - A comprehensive car breakdown service, like RAC or AA. Here's another. The digitisation of the company registration process in Nigeria, similar to what the passport office has managed to do. Its taken nearly 3 weeks to get my company name registered. Here in the UK, it takes 3 hours. To my horror, it costs c. £600 in nigeria, and in the UK its £30. A very lucrative contract that would be, in the region of $100m.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by spree: 11:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
@somebody, i ve a great idea, it has to do with advertisng and fotography but i dont wish to say it here, snd me ur email add so i can narate in details. nkechikesh@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Mcleo007(m): 1:22pm On Apr 30, 2013
TokyoBulls: I can't believe how few the responses here are. I'm sure there will be hundreds of thousands of responses, views and replies if we were talking about NNPC recruiting. SMH

I made a reply to your post some days back and it got hidden by the spambot. Anywao, I share your sentiments and believe the dice tosses both ways, but bulk of the blame is on investors and the lack of proper structures in place to enable good entrepreneurial activities. Govt has to look into this. A lot of investors do not know how to pick up investments or see through a prospective venture that has potentials written all arnd it. What many of them do is seek out investments that assures of quick returns albeit unsatisfactory.

I have 2 websites that have lot of potentials to truly turn out big (I have seen others in the niche that are doing well, even tho mine came before there's but lacked the needed finances to promote them). Estimated cash needed is N400,000 and I guarantee a good stake to investor(s) upon mutually agreed %.

Interested persons can PM me.

Attached picture url is my website.

Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by Mcleo007(m): 4:01pm On May 02, 2013
Where are the titans in here? Your responses await on ready minds.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by oduz: 2:48am On May 03, 2013
stpat1:

I shuttle lagos and ph. U did not drop any contact details. 08060089362 or saintpatrics@gmail.com

I am based in Lagos, just sent you a mail on 'Haulage Cooperative Venture'

Regards

The Land is Green cool
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by cashflowpc(m): 8:08am On May 03, 2013
This is really great.

I love this development, but what if i have an idea and i dont want to disclose it here...
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by oduz: 9:00am On May 03, 2013
cashflowpc: This is really great.

I love this development, but what if i have an idea and i dont want to disclose it here...

Choose an investor to discuss it with or drop your contact, for such to reach you

Best wishes cool

The Land is Green cool cool
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by morzook(m): 9:42am On May 03, 2013
www.adsolut.net is a digital marketing startup. We currently need investments in the tune of 150k to 300k. Adsolut is a platform built by marketing professionals and has been featured on VentureBeat (venturebeat is one of the biggest tech/entrepreneur sites in the world).

This is the link to our VB feature http:///lfFl

Investors can reach adsolut's CEO via mbiobaku@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by oduz: 11:56am On May 03, 2013
morzook: www.adsolut.net is a digital marketing startup. We currently need investments in the tune of 150k to 300k. Adsolut is a platform built by marketing professionals and has been featured on VentureBeat (venturebeat is one of the biggest tech/entrepreneur sites in the world).

This is the link to our VB feature http:///lfFl

Investors can reach adsolut's CEO via mbiobaku@gmail.com

Kudos to Morzook, Contact me on this, I have more ideas in this direction & the professional qualification & experience to mentor it
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by lynx200(m): 12:37pm On May 03, 2013
This thread is a nice one. But let me call the angels' attention to a sector which can be lucrative if pursued. Its the exhibition of Nigerian cinema movies. I had a thread on something like this https://www.nairaland.com/785425/time-new-type-cinema-model. For now I am trying to start small with a campus film showcase so that I can gain some exhibition experience. By the way I am involved in the movie industry as an actor, screenwriter and now a producer(shot the pilot of my web series INSPIRED last week and will soon release it for public viewing) so have some experience in the production front but the marketing of the films to the final consumers is the problem. If anybody is interested just PM me. I have being gathering a team and we are presently pursuing sponsorship of the campus film showcase.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by oduz: 2:53pm On May 03, 2013
lynx200: This thread is a nice one. But let me call the angels' attention to a sector which can be lucrative if pursued. Its the exhibition of Nigerian cinema movies. I had a thread on something like this https://www.nairaland.com/785425/time-new-type-cinema-model. For now I am trying to start small with a campus film showcase so that I can gain some exhibition experience. By the way I am involved in the movie industry as an actor, screenwriter and now a producer(shot the pilot of my web series INSPIRED last week and will soon release it for public viewing) so have some experience in the production front but the marketing of the films to the final consumers is the problem. If anybody is interested just PM me. I have being gathering a team and we are presently pursuing sponsorship of the campus film showcase.

KUDOS, I'll like to take a closer look at this
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by morzook(m): 2:54pm On May 03, 2013
Replied your mail @oduz
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by lynx200(m): 8:39pm On May 03, 2013
oduz:

KUDOS, I'll like to take a closer look at this

Thanks for the interest Oduz. I will send you a PM so that we can exchange details and talk better.
Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by databoy247(m): 10:34pm On May 03, 2013
Nice thread so far. We have alot of upcoming entrepreneurs in the house that have great ideas that really should be looked into. Ideas are of two types; those that exists in the western world and their possibility of becoming a success here if tweaked properly to suite our environment, and virgin ideas that have never existed.

While it is hard to get investors for the later, its fairly easier for the first.

But the mind bugging question i have is what exactly is the role of the investor?

Its good to come here as a would-be investor, look for entrepreneurs with mind-blowing ideas and ask them all the questions in the world to know if it will be a worthy investment. But you guys should make somethings clear to these entrepreneurs, are you looking for a business idea to invest money and OWN? Is it that you have some spare cash and dont know the kind of business to set up, hence looking for great "ideas"?

I think its either you let the entrepreneur know that you are going to be the owner of the business after putting your money, be an angel investor or a shareholder kind of investor where your funds will be used to grow and develop the business, then at the end you have predetermined ROI for as long as possible.

I have a business that i really need an investor, but from the private responses i get, i think its better i set it up myself. I have outsourced the interface design to a great developer in India and when that is done, i will go into the next phase which is getting registered members from some selected countries with a target of over 5000 users within the first 2 months. Then other things will follow.

So, in my own best interest, i will develop the business to a point where you can become an investor by buying bluechip shares and become a private shareholder. Your funds will be used to develop the business more and then your ROI is better spelt out.

When i was doing my bulk SMS business, i had plans to build a mobile app which will get 100,000 users in 12 months. A well laid out plan. So, i sent out requests to would-be investors and i got several calls especially from Nigerians in diaspora with an intent to invest. The truth is, they are all a facade. If they cant own the business, they wont invest. cool
To cut a long story short, i had to sell off the business and delved into what am currently doing, which has been the birth place of my new plan and which am going to PERSONALLY see it's established. wink

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Dragon's Den - Get funding for your business by oduz: 6:23am On May 05, 2013
@databoy247

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT INVESTORS

WHO IS AN INVESTOR

This question often arises because most people mix him up with some other familiar faces in the business landscape
Therefore it may be easier to unmask the impostors,kick their butts & send them out of the arena so that we can freely discuss the topic at hand cool

WHAT AN INVESTOR IS NOT

An investor is not a LOAN-SHARK

An investor is not a BOURGEOISIE

An investor is not a SPARE-CASH DISPENSER

An investor is not a PHILANTHROPIST

An investor is not a MUMU/MUGU/MAGA

WHO THEN IS THIS 'bloody' investor, asking so many questions like a Village Headmaster, just b'cos we request of him a few Naira notes?

An investor may be rich, poor or of wavering or undefinable financial status

An investor is just a business-person like you, just another entrepreneur like you, not much different from a farmer
His crops/livestock is money
He seeks the best spot for it to grow & thrive in safety
He may just be struggling to make ends meet, but may have the knowledge/access to low or zero interest funds & looks for or visualizes more fertile spots (where often, he has little or no control on)to place it.
He lives on the marginal benefit of such RISKS

He sources them from the best stock, seeds or breeds often at low or zero interest rates.
Such sources may be from the sale of his favourite essential possession, like only car, flat screen TV etc. over which he is ready to delay his gratifications till the success of the new business that he is investing in.
He may also be selling some or all of his shares from UAC, Zenith Bank or some other supposedly 'Blue' chip company that may be showing signs of changing colour

An investor may also be an old retiree, that seeks to sow his retirement benefits in a seemingly young virile business for improved passive income due to health limitations

HOW THEN CAN A YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR GET THE BEST FROM THE SO CALLED INVESTOR?

Watch out for part 2 of this post to get the answer
If u can't wait that long, then do it the NL way, send ten Naira recharge card to the moderator to offset my NL subscription cheesy

Much more later

The Land is Green cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Register A Business Name In Nigeria / Helpful Tips For Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program 2018 Application. / What Business Can I Do In 9ja From U.k. Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.