Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? (25663 Views)

Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva / Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Tfri: 7:52pm On Apr 07, 2013
Jona Jona Jona,hmmm hear d voice of d dead cryn fr vengance nt armnesty.bcareful of those pressurizin u.we must get to meet d sponsors and put them to book.over 3thousand people will not die in vain.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by nagoma(m): 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2013
tdade: First of all, I see no reason why this should be limited to ibos alone. Granting amnesty to BH is a travesty of justice. Why? 1) because we don't know them. 2) because they have not asked for amnesty, which means we are actually offering them amnesty. Re: BH's demands of islamizing Nigeria. By OFFERING(not granting) amnesty, the government is indirectly succumbing to that ploy. Why? Because they have not actually made known that they are ready to stop their acts of killing/bombing, hence, showing to them that the Government is scared of them and incapable of subduing them and thus, offering amnesty. I don't know why everything has to be ibo related. 90% of Nigerians have been affected by BH's antics one way or the other. Do they account for that amount of the population? This very move of amnesty,should it backfire, can split the country as we know it.

I am sincerely as worried as you are about amnesty to terrorists and murderers that BH are and I am a northerner and Muslim but for 2.5 years all we see is no progress with insecurity escalating in our region. The youths are rounded up and killed by JTF and huge numbers including women and children filling all the prisons in the country. The government and JTF issue such statements as " we know them" . " we have killed 50 BH fighters" Or " We have arrested top BH commanders" . There are also statements such as " BH are ghosts , have no face" . You have been fighting and arresting ghosts and killing ghosts? You might as well discuss with ghosts. It shouldn't be more difficult.
If you ask me about this amnesty is just it's another name for surrender by a clueless government. Since the government has no intelligence and no clue on how to solve the problem a surrender with the dignified name of amnesty should come from the government.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by hugafella(m): 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2013
Tolexander: Some people can whine making devil known never to have done anything good before to feel remorse and repent!

Wonder why they see everyone as a betrayal.
Am not supporting the amnesty o. But when these people were planting bombs everywhere, you were complaining of igbo killing, now that he decided to pacify the terrorist to stop killing you, you are still complaining.
What do you want exactly?

In your quest to insult ibos, u simply ignored the fact that BH committed crimes against humanity. U have sold your conscience on the platter of your hatred for ibos. U forgot the ibos have always asked for justice. And if people from your part of the country are okay with unjust treatment, then be prepared to live with the consequences. For us, we believe justice should prevail and we have every right to do so. I'm sorry for people who reason like you, because y'all have never had anything to stand by. Always on the fence criticizing ibos.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by UncleJJ(m): 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2013
hugafella:

In your quest to insult ibos, u simply ignored the fact that BH committed crimes against humanity. U have sold your conscience on the platter of your hatred for ibos. U forgot the ibos have always asked for justice. And if people from your part of the country are okay with unjust treatment, then be prepared to live with the consequences. For us, we believe justice should prevail and we have every right to do so. I'm sorry for people who reason like you, because y'all have never had anything to stand by. Always on the fence criticizing ibos.

If ibo land wants justice they should go to the courts. grin
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Ngwakwe: 10:43pm On Apr 07, 2013
What kind of irresponsible statement is this bolded quote?

If you decide to set your missiles against us as a people, your hypocritical and misguided soul will always live to regret it.

The JTF personnels are killing your people and you are crying, your complain has just reach hell.

Three million Igbos were murdered and massacred for the sake of this stinking poo called Nigeria and you didn't see any problem with that.

JTF has just started, you should cry louder so your tears will flow like a river.

ndu_chucks:

Thank you for this post!

These people are perpetual victims and until they stop wearing that shoe, they will continue to wallow in self destructive behaviour and utterances. They are so delusional that they are unable to see that the talked-about amnesty will cause the reduction in killings of Nigerians, including their own people. The amnesty, if implemented appropriately will isolate the real BH and the JTF can concentrate on defeating them promptly. These indiscriminate killing of Nigerians by lawless elements of JTF and their commanders must stop now.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Tolexander: 11:19pm On Apr 07, 2013
hugafella:

like you said, a crime against humanity and is the igbo the only humanity?
Tell us what justice the ndigbo have fought for!
The best thing that could have been done is to request for justice and not whining.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by kardoso(m): 2:25am On Apr 10, 2013
I am outraged by this stupid decision to grant amnesty to criminals in the land. What precedent is mr jonathan setting before future generations. Mr jonathan is simply saying it's good to indulge in such ways. Why can't jonathan be a man. Why can't he learn from the Algerian government policy against terrorism . Must everything we do in this country be crude. Is it not human beings like us running the governments policies of countries like Algeria. I'm abashed by the so called words of advice coming from people who occupy prominence in the north. It's a big disgrace to hear such words coming out people who are part of today Nigeria, people who are suppose to go bury their heads in shame. Nigeria of today (21 century) those not need people who still think ethnic politics. I can't wait day all these things disguising as humans are wiped out of existence from our land .
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Eziachi: 6:10pm On Apr 10, 2013
CyberG:

How about all the 200000 KMs of roads he constructed, the huge port in Anambra, the massive ultra modern 25th century airport in Owerri and the floating cities he constructed in the heart of iboland?? GEJ is the best for iboz except you can prove that iboz did not give Ebelechukwu Azikiwe retardeen 99.9999% of their votes!
Its never pretty making fun of oneself. And I don't intend encouraging you.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Eziachi: 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dudu_Negro: yoruba betrayed igbo
ijaw betrayed igbo
ogoni betrayed igbo
urhobo betrayed igbo
hausa betrayed igbo
itsekiri betrayed igbo
tiv betrayed igbo
fulani betrayed igbo
bachama betrayed igbo
edo betrayed igbo
kanuri betrayed igbo

..........gowon betrayed igbo
..........murtala betrayed igbo
..........obasanjo betrayed igbo
..........shagari betrayed igbo
..........buhari betrayed igbo
..........ibb betrayed igbo
..........sonekan betrayed igbo
..........abacha betrayed igbo
..........abubakar betrayed igbo
..........obasanjo beyrayed igbo - again
..........yaradua betrayed igbo

now......jonathan is betraying igbo!

i think igbo should sit a**ss in its enclave since it doesnt like to be betrayed.
You forgot to put that
Akintola betrayed Awo
Akinjide betrayed Awo
Omoboriowo betrayed Ajasin
Obj betrayed Awo
Awo betrayed ogbomosho
Ogbomosho betrayed Ibadan
Oni betrayed Alafin
Abiola betrayed himself
Modakeke betrayed Ife
Akala betrayed his boss
His boss betrayed Adedibu
Adedibu betrayed Akala's boss
Oluloye betrayed Ige
Ige betrayed by home made bullet
Obj betrayed Fayose
Tinubu betrayed Mrs Awo
Mrs Awo betrayed ACN
You betrayed yourself with all your betrayals

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dudu_Negro: yoruba betrayed igbo
ijaw betrayed igbo
ogoni betrayed igbo
urhobo betrayed igbo
hausa betrayed igbo
itsekiri betrayed igbo
tiv betrayed igbo
fulani betrayed igbo
bachama betrayed igbo
edo betrayed igbo
kanuri betrayed igbo

..........gowon betrayed igbo
..........murtala betrayed igbo
..........obasanjo betrayed igbo
..........shagari betrayed igbo
..........buhari betrayed igbo
..........ibb betrayed igbo
..........sonekan betrayed igbo
..........abacha betrayed igbo
..........abubakar betrayed igbo
..........obasanjo beyrayed igbo - again
..........yaradua betrayed igbo

now......jonathan is betraying igbo!

i think igbo should sit a**ss in its enclave since it doesnt like to be betrayed.

Eziachi:
You forgot to put that
Akintola betrayed Awo
Akinjide betrayed Awo
Omoboriowo betrayed Ajasin
Obj betrayed Awo
Awo betrayed ogbomosho
Ogbomosho betrayed Ibadan
Oni betrayed Alafin
Abiola betrayed himself
Modakeke betrayed Ife
Akala betrayed his boss
His boss betrayed Adedibu
Adedibu betrayed Akala's boss
Oluloye betrayed Ige
Ige betrayed by home made bullet
Obj betrayed Fayose
Tinubu betrayed Mrs Awo
Mrs Awo betrayed ACN
You betrayed yourself with all your betrayals

Lmaoooooo
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by kardoso(m): 5:11am On Apr 11, 2013
I don't believe in tribal or ethnic politics. We are all blacks and are all Nigerians . We are all the same to me. One people . God save us all from all this I come from this or that tribe or state.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Eziachi: 1:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
kardoso: I don't believe in tribal or ethnic politics. We are all blacks and are all Nigerians . We are all the same to me. One people . God save us all from all this I come from this or that tribe or state.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I took it you had just been registered into Nairaland fraternity. Give it few weeks after your full immersion and baptism into the real Nigeria, then let see if you feel the same way Mr One people. The we can talk. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2015: 9 Parties Form Alliance / Dino Melaye Awards Road Projects In Kogi. / 774,000 Jobs: Senate Committee & Keyamo Exchange Words (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.