Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? (25668 Views)

Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva / Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
ifeduba1988: its clear that mr president took for granted the support of the igbos. You cant grant amnesty to people who have killed our brethren.
U are talking as if is only the igbos that it has been affecting,have u ever come to north urself to see what is happenin? What abt the killings and bombings in maiduguri,jos,bauchi, kaduna and the likes.This is not abt the igbos but the threat to humanity
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by kettykin: 1:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
in as much as the idea of amnesty is very good The federal Government should exercise utmost caution , because granting Boko Haram/JAMBS amnesty could turn out to be equipping your enemy financial and giving them the leverage to go back to the drawing board. these set of terrorist are not as reasonable as other terrorists and can easily go back to their terrorism when the amnesty expires
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Evestar200(f): 1:13pm On Apr 05, 2013
There is a huge difference between BOKO HARAM nd NIGER DELTAN MILITANT
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Tolexander: 1:15pm On Apr 05, 2013
ddippset: pacify the terrorists? Did you just say that? Where in the world is this done? Can u perceive the smell oozing out your mouth?
wondering why your brain is not synchronising with your eye. Can't you see where i said i don't support the amnesty?
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Tolexander: 1:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
ROYALD:

Reason well, if amnesty is given to bokos today dont you think tomorow another bokos will come up?
guess you have an understanding problem. Can't you see i said i don't support amnesty in what you quoted?
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Balkan(m): 1:22pm On Apr 05, 2013
I really want to understand why Nairaland enjoys bringing Igbo issues everyday on front page.
Don't you have anything to talk about your Yoruba tribe?
What has amnesty got to do with IGBOS AND THE PRESIDENT.
Can't Nairaland survive without IGBOS?
Smshh!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by ijeoma100: 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
kettykin:

There you go again , MEND was a purely into insurgency which is different from terrorism.

Insurgency has to do with fighting the Government with a definite political aim like what has happened in Libya and indonesia while terrorism has no definite political aim or goal and targets innocent citizens of the Country like september 9 11 attacks and the lockerbie bombing

Like I said, go check your dictionary for the word "terrorist". When you have, we can continue the debate. Or not, as you'd've understood where I'm coming from.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by alexleo(m): 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
ifeduba1988: Mr President Goodluck Jonathan must not play politics with the lives of hundreds of Igbos killed in the boko haram uprising.

Maybe Mr President is delude and wrongly impressed that He will gain Northern vote by granting amnesty to the Al Queda link boko haram islamic sect

Its a weird policy with serious negative implication

your post is a shame. Am an igbo man but you sounded so stu.pid here.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by ddippset(m): 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
Tolexander: wondering why your brain is not synchronising with your eye. Can't you see where i said i don't support the amnesty?
that's where the problem is. You are just a mini gej. On one hand you say u don't support amnesty, on the other hand you are saying he Is only pacifying the terrorists. You can't even stick to one principle! If you be woman you for be ashawo cus you won't be able to stick to one d1ck.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Panter215: 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2013
Balkan: I really want to understand why Nairaland enjoys bringing Igbo issues everyday on front page.
Don't you have anything to talk about your Yoruba tribe?
What has amnesty got to do with IGBOS AND THE PRESIDENT.
Can't Nairaland survive without IGBOS?
Smshh!
Thanks for this comment

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by ddippset(m): 1:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
ijeoma100:

Like I said, go check your dictionary for the word "terrorist". When you have, we can continue the debate. Or not, as you'd've understood where I'm coming from.
could be likened to the case of two 9 year old kids. While one fights his dad to get him books to go to school, the other fights his dad cus he refuses to attend school. Of course they are both fighters but what does your sensibility tell you?
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Tolexander: 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
ddippset: that's where the problem is. You are just a mini gej. On one hand you say u don't support amnesty, on the other hand you are saying he Is only pacifying the terrorists. You can't even stick to one principle! If you be woman you for be ashawo cus you won't be able to stick to one d1ck.
that is not how to learn mr man! You try to read and understand all the contents in a paragraph not just extracting a word from it.
I said those people whining were complaining that boko harams are killing them, GEJ thought of a way to stop it in his abundance of cluelessness tried pacifying the terrorists to stop killing them by giving the terrorists amnesty and these people are still complaining again.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by somalia9: 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
nigerians got boko haram.....lmao but why......why i ask you why
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by toolovely(m): 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
What's the guarantee that after the amnesty, that they would stop their attack? Am sure. Gej knows who their sponsors are but. Do not have d Wiℓℓ power to prosecute them. Besides, most ☀f them are not Nigerians. So, is he going to give amnesty to Nigeriens or chadians who they use mostly to carry out thses evil works?
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by somalia9: 1:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
toolovely: What's the guarantee that after the amnesty, that they would stop their attack? Am sure. Gej knows who their sponsors are but. Do not have d Wiℓℓ power to prosecute them. Besides, most ☀f them are not Nigerians. So, is he going to give amnesty to Nigeriens or chadians who they use mostly to carry out thses evil works?

my black child, lol, why and how does nigeria have alqaidea? lol

who is this boko haram fighting against? lol
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by kettykin: 2:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
ijeoma100:

here is what i got from the net

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism
Terrorism is the systematic use of terror, often violent, especially as a means of coercion. In the international community, however, terrorism has no legally binding, criminal law definition.[1][2] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians). Some definitions now include acts of unlawful violence and war Boko haram and JAMBS fall into this category

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurgency
An insurgency is an armed rebellion against a constituted authority when those taking part in the rebellion are not recognized as belligerents.[1] An insurgency can be fought via counter-insurgency warfare, and may also be opposed by measures to protect the population, and by political and economic actions of various kinds aimed at undermining the insurgents' claims against the incumbent regime.[2] The nature of insurgencies is an ambiguous concept.

MEND falls into this category
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by somalia9: 2:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
Boko haram is a joke....lmao

they dont know what it means to be a muslim, they think blowing stuff up is muslim

in somalia, we got al shabaab but atleast they are fighting against foreigners and fighting for Somalia to be free from foreign interference
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by confusion247(m): 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
Tolexander: Some people can whine making devil known never to have done anything good before to feel remorse and repent!

Wonder why they see everyone as a betrayal.
Am not supporting the amnesty o. But when these people where planting bombs everywhere, you were complaining of igbo killing, now that he decided to pacify the terrorist to stop killing you, you are still complaining.
What do you want exactly?
Foolish question from a tribal bigot.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by SimplySEA(m): 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2013
And it came to pass dat a Big fish swallowed Jona....! What a prophecy! Sir u are finished! Can someone pls tell me how to retrieve my vote? i mean it!
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Finland(m): 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
Tolexander: Some people can whine making devil known never to have done anything good before to feel remorse and repent!

Am not supporting the amnesty o. But when these people where planting bombs everywhere, you were complaining of igbo killing, now that he decided to pacify the terrorist to stop killing you, you are still complaining.
Justice!!!!
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by nerodenero: 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2013
A Northern President granted Niger delta from Southsouth amnesty and now a Southsouth President is granting amnesty to Boko-Haram.His Uncle Jona trying to balance the equation but whichever way,I think this decision is totally wrong.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by confusion247(m): 2:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
Tolexander: that is not how to learn mr man! You try to read and understand all the contents in a paragraph not just extracting a word from it.
I said those people whining were complaining that boko harams are killing them, GEJ thought of a way to stop it in his abundance of cluelessness tried pacifying the terrorists to stop killing them by giving the terrorists amnesty and these people are still complaining again.

that's where the problem is. You are just a mini gej. On one hand you say u don't support amnesty, on the other hand you are saying he Is only pacifying the terrorists. You can't even stick to one principle! If you be woman you for be ashawo cus you won't be able to stick to one d1ck.
A good reply to an ethnic bigot.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by dnawah(m): 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
timpaker:
[s]A politician was granted amnesty for looting[/s]
Very soon kidnappers and armed robbers would be granted amnesty.

I need to start my own terror group now

maybe i would be granted amnesty

Is the government lazy in fighting crimes?
cool cool cool
make me ur spoke mangrin

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by dayokanu(m): 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
Some people sabi whine sha
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Dede1(m): 2:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ndigbo must desist from aiding enemies that tend to arrogate the brunt of madness in northern region to Igbo. The brutal reality of Boko Haram’s stupidity cuts across the entire ethnic group in Nigeria. Why should Ndigbo join certain deluded Nigerians to limit the brutality of sectarian riots in northern region of Nigeria to Igbo peeps?

It is pure idiocy to grant any form of amnesty to any armed terrorist group in Nigeria. Since MEND has been granted amnesty, it is politically proper to grant Boko Haram too. In a dysfunctional country such as Nigeria, where unity will never reign, granting amnesty to killer groups such as Boko Haram is a despicable act.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by confusion247(m): 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
ddippset: could be likened to the case of two 9 year old kids. While one fights his dad to get him books to go to school, the other fights his dad cus he refuses to attend school. Of course they are both fighters but what does your sensibility tell you?
With your illustration here, you are completely out of point, that's what my sensibility tells me. Both children have are fighters according to you but which of them is fighting a just cause?
We all know what Niger Delta militants fought for and how they go about it, [b][b]What are boko haram fighting for?[/b][/b]
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by dayokanu(m): 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
Dede1: Ndigbo must desist from aiding enemies that tend to arrogate the brunt of madness in northern region to Igbo. The brutal reality of Boko Haram’s stupidity cuts across the entire ethnic group in Nigeria. Why should Ndigbo join certain deluded Nigerians to limit the brutality of sectarian riots in northern region of Nigeria to Igbo peeps?

It is pure idiocy to grant any form of amnesty to any armed terrorist group in Nigeria. Since MEND has been granted amnesty, it is politically proper to grant Boko Haram too. In a dysfunctional country such as Nigeria, where unity will never reign, granting amnesty to killer groups such as Boko Haram is a despicable act.

Dendemoron Yaya Kwanabiu. Where you dey since?

Abi you travel to that "Cesspit" called Nigeria? It seems your younger ones took after you in the whining business

You people sabi whine sha
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by SIRKOL(m): 3:00pm On Apr 05, 2013
join my song oh fellow NAIRALANDERS which way Nigeria...which way Nigeria. ....which way to go .....we love our fatherland. cry...May d God of the christians fight for my fathersland wink
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Ebilose: 3:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
Let d ibos encourage their people 2come home since d impart of d socalled boko haram is scrapin their people.so dat it ll get 2a time dat they ll start bombin &kilin themselves,i tel u it ll stop by itself cos even d socalled northern leaders ll also b a victim.hv u takin note dat bomb blast is alwys takin place were there re more foreigners in d north
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Ebilose: 3:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
Let d ibos encourage their people 2come home since d impart of d socalled boko haram is scrapin their people.so dat it ll get 2a time dat they ll start bombin &kilin themselves,i tel u it ll stop by itself cos even d socalled northern leaders ll also b a victim.hv u takin note dat bomb blast is alwys takin place were there re more foreigners in d north
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by EbubeOnoh(m): 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
He is granting Amnesty to an unknown terrorist who have killed hundred of people especially d IGBOS. He is just a weak president.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by pankere(m): 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2013

justice! Is that too much to ask?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

INEC Officials Arrested For Mass Thumb Printing In Imo State / Ex-head Of State, Others Named In N1.09b Oil Deal / They Say I Look Like Ben Ayade, Cross River Governor - Man Says (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.