Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? (25666 Views)

Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva / Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran / Military Chiefs Angry With Boko-Haram Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by danny301: 10:57am On Apr 05, 2013
Granting Amnesty to Boko haram may not be the right thing to do at this moment but i do not see how its a betrayal of the igbos.. What they talking about here a larger picture/interest of Nigeria as a nation which is made up of more than 250 ethnic groups that have suffered directly or indirectly due to the activities of boko haram plus the foreign nationals that have suffered lost of lives and properties and what somebody is talking about here how GEJ betrayed igbos... Several times, some igbo guys talks as if is the whole world revolves around them or that everything in Nigeria is about igbos which is not true.... If granting Amnesty to Boko haram is a sin, then that sin is against Nigerians as a whole and not against igbos as a people..... Again granting Amnesty may not be a very popular move but if it can stop the daily killing of Nigerians then its not entirely wrong after all with all the security votes, our security agents are yet to convince us that they have what it takes to bring this menace to an end in the neatrest future, moreover, no price is too much to pay for peace.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by coputa(m): 10:58am On Apr 05, 2013
President jonathan just came to add more problems to the already compounded ones we had..the ijaw man certainly does not make wide consultations before taking sensitive decisions..he lacks that self will and wisdom which a good leader should posses.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by kasco27: 10:59am On Apr 05, 2013
Fellow nairaland, pls let's not be upset abt d action of Mr. President, Nigeria is not meant for one region, Nigeria is for all Nigerians. The issue on ground is to allow peace to reign in our Nation. JTF peace making in the north is worsened the situatn, if u have visited the crises states in d north u wil knwo wot am talking about. Innocent people are suffering and JTF were unable tơ̴̴̮͡ get rid of BH members. Don't u knw how our security works after d thief must have rub succefuly, d security wl later come and arrest innocent people. For us to have 2 eyes close wen sleep @ nyt, amnesty is d answer. One Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by vanunu: 11:00am On Apr 05, 2013
The funny thing is that the boko people never asked for any amnesty, so how can it work, I believe that GEJ knows quite well that it will not work
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 05, 2013
franchizy: I'm really disapointed at the Igbos 4 calling the Presidents proposed Amnesty a BETRAYAL. Was it only the Igbos dat are been killed by Boko Haram. Afterall 90% of the Boko Haram sects are Igbos.

And where did you get this statistic from?
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Metallurgist: 11:02am On Apr 05, 2013
For every igbo killed,ten northerners ar killed yet u igbos have not propose any solution, u confess urself dat the security hav failed and u complained, now ammesty is granted as a last alternative still u complain dat ur brodas ar killed as if madalla, kaduna, jos, kano, yobe ,damawa, gombe and much more are pure igbos, de igbos ar a confused species that dont really knowns wat dey want

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by AAAdam(m): 11:02am On Apr 05, 2013
timpaker:
[s]A politician was granted amnesty for looting[/s]
Very soon kidnappers and armed robbers would be granted amnesty. It would be better for the country. So we would free from crimes.

I need to start my own terror group now

maybe i would be granted amnesty
Ok. Go ahead.
Is the government lazy in fighting crimes?
cool cool cool
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 05, 2013
Why is this thread on the front page? What has granting of amnesty to Boko haram got to do with betrayal of Igbos? Did the president sign any pact with Igbos not to grant amnesty to Boko haram? So if the president does not grant amnesty to Boko haram he'll be promoting the course of Igbo? I dont get it. This thread is just silly.

Yes, lots of Igbos have been killed since the crisis began but so also persons of other tribes have also been killed. I dont understand how the killing of persons of other tribe should be less important than the killing of Igbos. Some say more Igbos have been killed. While that mayb true, it is speculative because there's no empirical evidence to suggest so.

More over, how does not granting of amnesty to Boko haram stop the killing of Igbos and other tribes in the north?

And if granting of amnesty to Boko haram will bring peace and allow Igbos in the north to go about their businesses, WHY NOT?

The problem I see here is that some MISCHIEF MAKERS try to bring in POLITICS and elections into EVERYTHING. For them, EVERYTHING must be examined through the prism of 2015 elections. This is very unfortunate because EVERYTHING is not about elections. Life is MUCH MORE than elections

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Sibrah: 11:03am On Apr 05, 2013
confusion247: If boko haram gets amnesty, then Jonathan have legalized crime. MASSOB over to you, if only you people have the liver to strike.
And which set of people are the MASSOB going to be killing to instill fear into the FG? Is it the few abokis who are going to elope with their suya bowl and baskets or where are the oil facility they intend to ground? Same goes for OPC also.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by dollydolly(f): 11:03am On Apr 05, 2013
franchizy: I'm really disapointed at the Igbos 4 calling the Presidents proposed Amnesty a BETRAYAL. Was it only the Igbos dat are been killed by Boko Haram. Afterall 90% of the Boko Haram sects are Igbos.

The igbos always want to b relevant but its unfortunate they can't. GEJ don't need ur votes 4 his second term so if u thinks dat is a weak point, its a pity 4 d igbos.

We want peace in Nigeria hence we support the Amnesty for Boko Haram.
U know, i av always tot dat u av a brain inside dat skul bt nw i knw beta.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Ngwakwe: 11:05am On Apr 05, 2013
GEJ may have taken a stupid decision by this very singular action in the eyes of an onlooker who may see this as a political calculation to woo the North and easy some pressures from the opposition.

However, I will not cry for justice when the war has not ended.

Our people the Igbos have refused to relocate or at lest come back home,I sleep with one eye open not knowing if my siblings will live to see tomorrow, as am constantly on phone to know what tomorrow will be.

The dead are gone but those remaining alive got to be assured that they will see tomorrow and lead a better life to enable them mourn their dead and rehabilitate themselves in this war-front called Nigeria.

The Sultan, Emirs and Northern Elders have agreed to guarantee an end to hostilities and bombings, if and only if the President will promise to grant Amnesty to Boko Sponsors, Foot-Soldiers and Sympathizers.

I plead that our people should wait to know the full details of the Amnesty and the solidity of the guarantee.

The Federal Government has fail us already and we are not yet ready for war beside the battle field is far away from our land.

The only hope left for us is diplomacy. Let give diplomacy a chance

ifeduba1988: its clear that mr president took for granted the support of the igbos. You cant grant amnesty to people who have killed our brethren.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Policewoman(f): 11:05am On Apr 05, 2013
aminho: becus it has igbo in it it just made front page
It's business dear. Generates more traffic and enriches Seun the more. Lol cool
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by adim2(m): 11:07am On Apr 05, 2013
ninja4life: It seems things are getting more complicated if boko haram are not granted amnesty d killing of d innocent people will continue and wen d jtf arrest deir sponsors within days we wont hear anything abt it again and with d government and opposition politicising dis insurgency for dem to destroy boko haram will take a long time and by den more thousands of innocent people would have been killed and if boko haram are granted amnesty dis might solve part of d problem by stopping d killing of innocent people and by bringing d faces of d sponsors to light in which deir actions can be monitored and peace will return while on d other hand d amnesty will be a pass mark 4 crime dat is kill one u are a murderer kill thousands u will be granted amnesty so as a yorubaman i do not support or oppose d amnesty i only wish our oga at d top (gej) will weigh d pros and cons b4 considering it and will stop politicising d matter.

If at this stage, nigerian government cannot combat simple crime? Then woo to them. Granting this people amnesty has lots of disadvantages than advantages.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by AAAdam(m): 11:08am On Apr 05, 2013
adamsumale: [s][/s]GEJ dosent have human feeling as well as the so called Boko animals....amnesty to faceless sumbags, people without a driven goal of what the are bombing fighting for, people who miam and kill innocent people!!!GEJ i dishout the VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE TO YOU AND YOUR GOVERNMENT....*smhh*
So, apart from the amnesty, what do espect him to do?

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Super1759: 11:12am On Apr 05, 2013

The igbos always want to b relevant but its unfortunate they can't. GEJ don't need ur votes 4 his second term so if u thinks dat is a weak point, its a pity 4 d igbos.

We want peace in Nigeria hence we support the Amnesty for Boko Haram.
So all those boys speaking arab are igbos
All those sect members caught are igbos
Igbos now knw core north more than the northers and hideouts
Igbo man will be so stupid to kill himsef for money...by the way how did you get this information?
Well,as a matter of facts, amnesty will go on, but massob will also have their, anambra kidnappers will get theirs..more and more group will come up. I bet you
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by AnobiBaphem: 11:13am On Apr 05, 2013
Nigerians should by nw reason wit me...my disagreement wit diz deluded blood suckin first female figure-head president which we've ever had so far.
Have alwaz been sayin diz..."Badluck Jonathan has nothin 2 offer...us.His not even capable 2 rule his Local government,state nor....
He's a big fool...since he resumed office....uncountable Nigerians has dead....
Nigerians can even see it clearly dat diz man is confused....no not what 2 do than grantin bokko harams amnesty...coz of his future agenda...
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by ochukoccna: 11:13am On Apr 05, 2013
Why are Igbos such a stale joke?
So its only Igbos that have been dying from BH bombs?
Talk about a people with an inferior complex eternally afraid of their shadow
Mtscheeew
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by EKOBIZ: 11:16am On Apr 05, 2013
I still prefer OBJ to GEJ in decision making,GEJ said boko haram is faceless and now he want to grant Amnesty to them,why? Abi he don see their face? Even @dat he shud tell us wat their face luk like b4 granting them amnesty. Anyway,GEJ shud be ready for IGBO HARAM too. GEJ is confuse,that sit is not for the weak.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by tomzman: 11:16am On Apr 05, 2013
donbazini: If this will bring to the end of nigeria been called a terrorist nation den go 4 it before d situation become worst, we are not GOD but we are given a choice to forgive no matter what, so please forgive them so we can move on to a better nigeria.
Sentiments! No sane government grants amnesty to terrorists.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Ebestsmscom: 11:16am On Apr 05, 2013
The down fall of GEJ is at hand.

Dancing with an enemy.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by hikmoj(m): 11:17am On Apr 05, 2013
confusion247: If boko haram gets amnesty, then Jonathan have legalized crime. MASSOB over to you, if only you people have the liver to strike.
foolish talk,enemy of peace.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 05, 2013
I've never been in support of amnesty for BH because i feel it won't solve the problem. Moreover,they are terrorists who've wasted many innocent n beautiful lives,obscured dreams n futures...Let's wait n see the events that unfold after this.It's such a pity.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 05, 2013
franchizy: Afterall 90% of the Boko Haram sects are Igbos.

Guy! you sure say you don take your medicine since yesterday ? abeg go take am before e go dey late. meeehn! some people just dey misyarn. na wah!
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by UncleJJ(m): 11:18am On Apr 05, 2013
TRUTHTELA: Any OBJECTIVE and INFORMED mind knows that Jonathan is not "DULL". He's acting DULL. He doesn't want to appear adamant, he's buying time and will not grant anyone AMNESTY. He wants to waste their time and he's wasting it. Northern Nigeria,is an ARID region,with no ECONOMIC BENEFIT to Nigeria whatsoever and it's inhabitants have LEECHED, STOLE and WRECKED other regions that Lugard, amalgamated together. Consequently, it's IMPOSSIBLE to grant amnesty ( release funds ) to the Northern elites.

If amnesty is not granted,what ECONOMIC EDGE does the North have NONE!!! Guess what? The Niger-Delta, amnesty was so CRUCIAL cos their activities WRECKED HAVOC on the Federal Govt's treasury.

BH's activities can only and have been wrecking havoc in Northern Nigeria. Peace out.

Somebody forgot to take their medication.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 05, 2013
We should add tribalism to this issue, is clear that majority of the people killed our our own igbos but we should thread with caution and if we must retaliate there are ways to pay back. Very easy
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by omenka(m): 11:26am On Apr 05, 2013
Jonathan's fall would make Gadaffi's look like a nollywood script!

Waiting patiently for that moment. Scumbag.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by nijaspace(m): 11:28am On Apr 05, 2013
Give amnesty to terrorist and see greater terror. GEJ watch it!
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by hikmoj(m): 11:29am On Apr 05, 2013
ifeduba1988: Mr President Goodluck Jonathan must not play politics with the lives of hundreds of Igbos killed in the boko haram uprising.

Maybe Mr President is delude and wrongly impressed that He will gain Northern vote by granting amnesty to the Al Queda link boko haram islamic sect

Its a weird policy with serious negative implication
i fear oh! Una no hav rspect 4bible again.wetin bible talk 4 mark 11vrs25&26,though vs 26 is expurgated 4rm som bibles but som bibles retain it.make una go read am.gbam!
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by akin33(m): 11:30am On Apr 05, 2013
If Jonathan can grant amnesty to whom himself called faceless. (Alquaeda links) in Nigeria. That have killed many Nigerians then, he should expect more terrorist group because they have seen how weak is our president. The blood shed will speak.
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by iamswaggalord: 11:34am On Apr 05, 2013
so anybody can form rebel in Nigeria now and get amnesty?
Re: Boko-Haram Amnesty; Jonathan Betrayed Igbos? by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 05, 2013
We are all for amnesty. Bleep how any igbo man or igbo woman feels. We dont even want anything igbo in the north let them carry their lifestyle of cheating, fornication and abortion and go shove it up Ojukwu's a*rse. Just because it is the North you guys are shouting cos y'all prefer seeing us killed. Yan burauba shegu.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Love Dancing & I Take It As An Exercise- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke Says / Ambode Trends On Twitter As Lagosians Criticize His Governance / The Moment Peter Obi & Datti Arrived Venue Of Kano LP Campaign Rally (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.