Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,271 members, 7,957,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:11 PM

Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? (24922 Views)

Shoprite To Open 14 New Stores In Nigeria / List Of All Online Stores In Nigeria / Why Won't People Use The Online Stores In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by scofield33(m): 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2013
hey guyz...no long thing, to get the best experience from online shops...stick with the guys that deal strickly with one product. I strongly recommend www.. They are the phone/tablet giants.Dats all...

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by occam(m): 5:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: They are all fraudulent. Online shopping in Nigeria is the fastest way to lose your money.

Even with see and buy, you can lose money in Nigeria. Na the people, not the channel
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by brightnelly(f): 5:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
segend: Buying online is not a bad idea, as long as its from popular site like jumia, be careful patronizing unpopular ones, and never ever buy from silver global comm located in PH, talking from experience

tnx bro! Do u knw dat i planned goin to ph on monday to purchase a laptop frm, dem? but my suspicion aroused wen d manager refused givin me dia address d day i requested for it. Tellin me dat i shud call him a day b4 i cum so dat he will giv me d address. Hmmmm! *smh*

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
My sista constantly buys stuff on "deal dey" and she has never been disappointed. But her mode of operation is to pay for the stuffs online and go and pick what she bought at the physical shops. The problem with home delivery is that sometimes, houses are not well numbered, some people living in housing complexes etc. I'm thinking of buying some stuffs on "deal dey" soon but I'll ensure I pick up my stuff myself.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
Pls can someone explain how dealdey delivery is ! For PHC residents do dey ship(as in courier) the item? Or........
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
how much will i get a saffire pro\24 sound card
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
All the replies have been very educative. I've always gone thru d women's clothing and shoe section of jumia and was about ordering for some items but have changed my mind. I've used konga on 3 occassions and received my order in Bonny witout issues (nice place 2 shop). Heard glamour.com.ng is also ok. Dealdey is ok but uve to pick up the item 4rm d address and delivery option is available for some items.(Patronized dealdey wen I was in lagos)
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
I will like to order this -removed- but how do I know it is my size?I used size 10.5
chaircover:

ours is -removed-

we accept payment on line or bank transfer into our accout
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by agabaI23(m): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
chaircover:

ours is

we accept payment on line or bank transfer into our accout
Been to your shop at Ibadan. Some nice stuff! Didnt know it was yours. I met a lady who came to supply some 'designer' shirts.

Bought a couple of things. Facial wipes was one of them grin grin. It is finished now and i bought everything you had in store. I need more!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Vanpascore(m): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
Most of these people are thieves. I could remember one of them calling himself chibiz, who claimed to be selling uk used laptop, the guy is a real scammer. So dont ever trust any online bussiness in naija coz even on faze 2 faze, u will be duped let alone tru d net
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by sdepanace(m): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
Here is another good site where you can shop with full trust www.perfume.com.ng. They deliver within few hours.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by excellence13: 7:12pm On Apr 06, 2013
I still think egoleshopping.com is the best. I've made several orders from there, and the service has been super.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by lawizle(m): 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
poshdiva: Ordered for a wristwatch from Konga on Valentine's day. Called them that morning to confirm my order. They confirmed it. Waited all day for the watch, no delivery.
They called me two days later to come downstairs and pick up my order. I asked the delivery man to go to hell

Ahahahahahahggagagf!!!
You really got me laughing wildly
 =))˚°◦ see as ur laff <//>. won . comot my
_\\_ waist.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by lawizle(m): 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
pekelepekele: its too risky! . Hell no!. I almost ordered a 64inch plasma tv through Jumia and something came to my mind are you serious at all ., How far away is LG or samsung office from you that you can't go there yourself . I quickly change my mind and drove out to buy the TV . What makes it risky is one major thing . How are you so sure that among all the staffs working at Jumia there is no armed robber informant among them that will later give out the list of addresses where the items where shipped because something similar is happening within the banking sector in Nigeria ., If you are withdrawing above 1m better you request for a change of address first or else some of the staff will send a text to his/her guys and before you know it someone will trace you to know if you really took the funds home or even attack you on the road

I mean sometimes somethings happen and we don't know what causes it.

How does one request for change of addy? Is it as yur about toh withdraw or b4?
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by twinstaiye(m): 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
I had bought items from nearly all of them. Taafoo, jumia, laurensonline, konga, dealdey, aliexpress etc. The only bad experience i had was when I bought a netbook from Jumia, when I powered it on, I discovered the hard disk was faulty. when I called their customer care, I was told to fill a form online and wait for their reply, since i wasnt in Lagos. I found it too cumbersome and unrealistic, so I decided to buy another hard disk, and put the netbook into workable condition. My advice, if you are buying anything, let it be something that is expendable, i.e something that even if worse come to worst, you wont feel bad about
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 06, 2013
Please Oo°˚˚˚°, have any one bought from wahali.com b4? They sell book!

I just had to buy from there as they were the only one with the book I wanted.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by lawizle(m): 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
django1: Oh Lord !! Why didn't I read this thread before making my first ever orders online?

Something tells me they'll disappoint. I did not even stop on buying from just one store, I made orders from two different stores (walahi.com -pls, has anyone bought from this online store before? And )

I just hope I don't regret this adventure.

Walahi.com ke? Orisirisi
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by jessMena(f): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
I think Jumia have some made in Aba goods because the leather shoe I saw and ordered for was actually a thick paper not leather at all and had other problems too..my 14g is still with them and i can't wear the shoe, the other 6pairs were just dere.I don't blame them sha,na me carry my family go shop online but i've learnt my lesson sha. i've called them to com and collect the shoe since thursday and still waiting for them. let them kip the money and their aba shoe if they won't change it for me
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
lawizle:

Walahi.com ke? Orisirisi

You know the funny thing, with all the talk of fraud I've been reading on this thread I just got really apprehensive about this particular store, but I called their CC now and the response was very good, I hope they match their words with equal action.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by DeepSoul(f): 8:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
I ordered baby boots and breas.t pads (testing testing) from konga.com. I paid into their GT bank account via GT internet banking.

After a week, I still hadn't gotten the items. I called customer care and they informed me I had to send an email informing them of my payment.

I found that odd, considering the money had already hit their account a week ago. Anyways, call I did and the items were delivered within 2 days.

I wasn't super impressed but I was happy I could now order things from a an online Nigerian store. It's a start, I guess

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by DeepSoul(f): 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2013
Oh yeah, I forgot one more.

I paid for a spa session for my husband on dealdey.com. I also paid via GTB internet banking to their GTB account.

They confirmed my payment immediately and I printed out the voucher which he took to spa and served as some form of receipt.

I am pretty impressed with their business model. They strike deals with different business owners, offering some sort of discount to potential customers, hereby driving sales and increasing revenue for that business. And they make their money from charging a commission, or something close to that.

It's kinda different from the regular online store.

The only downside is - they are not directly responsible for poor service or low quality goods.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by ikaboy: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2013
Am glad the online store is being largely embraced in Nigeria. .ours is "allinksandtoners.com.ng" as the name implies we are into printer consumables of all brands
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Abrantie: 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2013
Hell will freeze over before I order anything from an online store based in Nigeria.

Don't y'all read the news? Naija is the hotbed for internet and credit card fraud.

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Abrantie: 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2013
django1: Oh Lord !! Why didn't I read this thread before making my first ever orders online?

Something tells me they'll disappoint. I did not even stop on buying from just one store, I made orders from two different stores (walahi.com -pls, has anyone bought from this online store before? And )

I just hope I don't regret this adventure.
A name like walahi should tell you to stay away grin

1 Like

Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by pekelepekele(m): 8:50pm On Apr 06, 2013
lawizle:

How does one request for change of addy? Is it as yur about toh withdraw or b4?

It should be before the withdrawal sometimes they will update it for you instantly or after 24hrs
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by ibietela2(m): 8:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
Orikinla:

Since Summit Brothers has invested N26 million euros (N5.2bn) in Jumia, they should upgrade to the standard of Amazon.

Jeez 5bn??
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
I have shopped thrice on line and it worked. Shoeminers , briefessentials and another one.paid twice into an acct and goods were sent to me in abuja from lagos. Just a risk i took and it worked
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by oluwanoni: 9:14pm On Apr 06, 2013
Jumia, konga....are good business products in a Bad business service environment, probably if they can customize their services to fit the Nigerian environment,and the Nigerian people.....this business is much more than adverts, it needs a physical component, its intangibility is def not working for us...(Btw jumia is understocked, I experienced it today)
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by ibietela2(m): 9:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
poshdiva:

Collect ke? For what? What's the point of the gift after Vals day?

Why you no order before Val
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by jude33084(m): 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
I have been seeing the advert of jumia on Falomo bridge and I decided to check it out last thursday.

Its just like OLX i guess wink I have never bought anything online though because I can't fitn't shout tongue
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2013
Abrantie: Hell will freeze over before I order anything from an online store based in Nigeria.

Don't y'all read the news? Naija is the hotbed for internet and credit card fraud.

Don't be a pessimist bro, Nigeria isn't half as bad as the media report.
Re: Online Stores In Nigeria: What Is Your Experience? by Abrantie: 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
django1:

Don't be a pessimist bro, Nigeria isn't half as bad as the media report.
Yes it is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion / Tony Elumelu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Naira Redesign: Nigerians Will Fill Uncountable Forms To Withdraw Large Amounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.