Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) (34589 Views)

Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria / Nigerians Blast APC For Sneaking Buhari Into Nigeria At Night / Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by otokx(m): 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2013
735 i:

grin grin and we all know that Karma has no menu; "you get served what you deserve"

keep on dreaming; our electricity will be restored.
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by LondonX: 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2013
50calibre:

I thought that match want going to hold due to the stadium?

ITV tingz.

1st half was heavy - half time now.
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by otokx(m): 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
but 2 years from now precisely 2015 we will still be here talking in future tense.
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by 50calibre(m): 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
London-X:

ITV tingz.

1st half was heavy - half time now.

Yeah watching it now, half time.
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by TippyTop(m): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
This is great news, though some of us have said it on numerous occasions.

Big thanks to Rossikk for this insightful thread.
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by successking: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
It's a matter of time and Nigeria will stand as power house of Africa in all areas. Naija for life!
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
otokx:

He is too busy to face the truth shey?
WHY DO U WASTE TIME SQUABBLING WITH THAT DOG- FACED BABOON? angry
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by awodman: 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
otokx: but 2 years from now precisely 2015 we will still be here talking in future tense.
Don't be a prophet of doom...
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
lacasa: in the words of ff...

"You talk of economy growing when families still can't afford three square meals daily"

#... in hausa language, we call this "dogon turanci".

See one of them the lovers of every thing bad in Nigeria I dnt know why JTF have not arrest this BH guy

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by LondonX: 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
otokx: but 2 years from now precisely 2015 we will still be here talking in future tense.

Future/tomorrow never ends.

They're just selling people a dream and most of the so-called investments only cater to the elites. Just kind of like bringing the services they travel outside Nigeria for - to them. Ain't nothing changed - just another day in Nigger-dom - and people hoping and hoping for a brighter tomorrow. grin

The economy is growing but the money is with the plutocrats. Nigeria's practising one the most extreme forms of capitalism.
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by orgasticdance: 9:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
OP which economy is accelerating? Someone's taking optimism a bit too far... If anything I'd be cautiously optimistic with that amount of foreign investment coming in. Foreign inflows into the countray was at its peak in 2007, we know what happened in the wake of the global meltdown. In fairness, foreigners are all about their self interests. There's a reason why China limits the number of foreign films than can be screened in its cinemas in a year to less than 5%. It cares about its local film industry. Foreign investment is good, it's a vote of confidence others have in your economy; but it should never be done at the expense of developing home based capacity...
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by LondonX: 9:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
50calibre:

Yeah watching it now, half time.

Enjoy, bro!!

Watch it with a glass of black henny! wink
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by Aksally(m): 9:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
None of these investment in the Northern part. No be untill I reach Lagos before I hammer o. Abeg make dem carry them come north na.
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
smileyWeldone rossik,ur likes give me reasons to hope for a better Nigeria nd I just done hope but help work 2wads it in my own way.nice1

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by orgasticdance: 9:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
735 i:

The truth is; all i see around me are opportunities....

These new investors; they are going to be needing a lot of support services; Protocol, security, food (preferably their kind of food), digital maps of Nigeria, heck; some smart dude is going to manage their bank account and probably will eventually hold a key position in their Finance or Treasury department...
yet someone says; it's hogwash..or smokescreen...
***sighs*** wake up people!!!
A friend that got laid off from a new generation bank has gone to China to learn how to make their food...she'll soon come back and start raking in money...and employ one of these shortsighted slow pokes (as gate men of course) who are waiting for the government to spoon feed them.

Nigeria is the future... and the future is here!!!
#teamNigeria
Yes, all very well. The average nairalander knows this and is probably going to do well for himself. She'll become a treasurer in one of the new foreign owned banks or learn how to make thai sea food and come back home to set up shop. You and your fortunate family will do well. But is society as a whole currently being equipped with this knowledge of self reliance? Our educational system is worse than it was in 99!; the culture of corruption is still rife; structural problemns have been largely unadressed for more than two decades. Change won't happen in one day i agree, but when we see a sincerety of purpose and will in this administration's bid to create a fair and equitable society then we would give them their due.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by victorv12(m): 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
Where I dey for all these levels nowww?! Victor, "FOCUS FOCUS"!! All these billion passing me without eating and contributing to any of these development?! God I don't want to be a failure!! God, let me be able to contribute to our development. Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by okechukwu3: 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
Jonathan is God sent, the era of distraction by haters of Nigeria is gone.
Well done Good luck EJ. Evidence of more goodies.
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by Pennywise(m): 9:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
This is nothing more than a bunch of stories meant to titilate or possibly to dupe the unwary into thinkiing sth is going on. It has to be some other Nigeria and not the one I live in where insecurity is driving all insane.

If we have a truly competent govt which pays attention to the rule of law all these wishful thinking can actually become reality and there wont be need to sponsor write up disseminating falsehood.

I wont be surprised if the NSE somehow has a hand in this.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by fasbat(m): 9:31pm On Jun 02, 2013
WHAT A PITY? YOU TAKE THESE TO D BANK....WHERE RE D COMPANIES,OBJ ADMINISTRATION SAID MORE THAN THESE AND MIND U,THEY SHLD TELL NESTLE,PZ,CADBURY TO RELOCATE BACK TO NIGERIA B4 ANOTHER PROPAGANDIST POST BY THOSE BENEFITTING FRM D ROT...
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by Ilaje44(m): 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
Rossikk:

But that was how South Korea and other Asian tigers developed. Foreign investment from the west and Japan, whose companies repatriated their profits. But you find that their doing so is fair shakes considering their initial capital investment in the said projects, and the actual business they generate in terms of direct and indirect employment, and the boosting of economic activities, which add to GDP.

Who told you that's how South Korea and Japan developed? Let us put Japan aside - because she was far ahead of her Asian peers -, have you read any book about the economic development of the Asian Tiger States? If not, you should. There are many books about it. However, if you don't have the time to read a book, the development of China should serve as an adequate lesson. For instance, you can not establish a company in China with a 100% ownership. Apart from that, you will be required to share your technology with domestic companies either overt or covertly. The driving force of their economies is however not foreign companies, but the thirst to be technologically at par with the western countries if not better. To this end, they sent their best students to the best schools in the best countries of the world. Besides, they also copied all the technology they could lay their hands on. As Nigeria is constituted right now, the future is very bleak. It would be a great magic beyond comprehension if we would bs able to achieve a tenth of what Malaysia has accomplished in the next 20 years. Except of course we overhaul completely our ways of doing things.

-Corruption
-educational apathy
-societal and general moral decadence
-lack of coherent policies and continuity
-infrastructural negligence

Are just the most important plaques Nigeria has to get rid of.

6 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by delpee(f): 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2013
I see hope! At least its nice to read some good news in these days of terror, hopelessness and outright doom. I pray that it all turns out well for us all.
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by IDnoble1: 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2013
with this kind of development coupled with good power supply and minus corruption vision 2020 is still possible in nija
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
Nice work op,
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by Theben(m): 9:44pm On Jun 02, 2013
The link between the growth of the economy and increased poverty is corruption. If corruption can be totally checked, Nigerians would live a better life.

The minister of Agriculture is even doing a great job in the northern part of Nigeria. Soon, agriculture and oil would be on par in term of contribution to the economy.
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by Mogidi: 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
[size=16pt]AZONTO TIME FOR ME[/size]

Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by titoetal(m): 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
The post is true and I can atest to that. Distractors will keep working but will fail woefully.They all are sad cos what they could not achieve in many years are materializing with GEJ's touch and His team in just two years amidst ungovernable scenerio. We shall overcome all their antics. God will not allow any god-fatherism or any political rigmarole/merger to short change the Goodwork that Goodluck is doing. They are asking where is the effect of the GDP growth on the people? They also say there is no need for a marking scheme. They even want to destroy our stock exchange with zero allocations up till now. But thank God Nigerians are wiser than they do. They should go and develop their marking scheme. God loves Nigeria and will ensure that GEJ finishes his second term to set a pace for whoever will aspire for that position. We are battling against spiritual wickedness and powers of darkness that does want Nigeria to shine. Long Live Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by doneyor(m): 9:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
sheyie2007: Na naija de for dat pic?
that abuja for real, you haven't seen any yet till GEJ is done with his railway project in the city of abuja , then you have more question to ask

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by TheBookWorm: 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2013
It is either GEJ is working or he is not.

Nairaland is confusing me with this back and forth. angry
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by grandstar(m): 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@@

it isn't enough as long as the conditions and environment is respected

we have had enough of deforestation and thing cool

condition also include the wages etc
PALM OIL PLANTATIONS ALWAYS DEFORESTATE!
Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by dash97: 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
with all these shit ass inventors..... there are still no job for young graduates..... total rubbish

1 Like

Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by Inik(m): 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2013
London-X:

Future/tomorrow never ends.

They're just selling people a dream and most of the so-called investments only cater to the elites. Just kind of like bringing the services they travel outside Nigeria for - to them. Ain't nothing changed - just another day in Nigger-dom - and people hoping and hoping for a brighter tomorrow. grin

The economy is growing but the money is with the plutocrats. Nigeria's practising one the most extreme forms of capitalism.
Shymmex when will you visit the Nigeria for the first time on your life to see things for yourself instead of relying on what you read on nairaland?

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) by Mogidi: 9:57pm On Jun 02, 2013
Pennywise: This is nothing more than a bunch of stories meant to titilate or possibly to dupe the unwary into thinkiing sth is going on. It has to be some other Nigeria and not the one I live in where insecurity is driving all insane.

If we have a truly competent govt which pays attention to the rule of law all these wishful thinking can actually become reality and there wont be need to sponsor write up disseminating falsehood.

I wont be surprised if the NSE somehow has a hand in this.

Bad belle don come
You could save yourself the angst by doing your own research in disproving the ops post, no?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Declares June 12 As Public Holiday / Nigeria Police To Go On 2-Week Strike Over Salary, Outdated Weapons / President Bola Tinubu Welcomes Senate President Godswill Akpabio To The Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.