Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? (11379 Views)

Transgender Or Homosexuality Which Is More Of An Abomination / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by nuru(m): 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2005
Fornication is bad, homosexuality is worse, all are sins.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by prettyH(f): 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2005
A sin is a sin.........don't think any carries a greater penalty
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by queen2(f): 10:41pm On Dec 18, 2005
Words!
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by chrisd(m): 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2005
I God wanted homosexuality he would have created two men. Bible states clearly that if a man has sex with another man they should be put to death. To me it is very clear.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by dablessed(f): 1:12am On Dec 28, 2005
Its quite bizzare that the bill for men to marry their male counterpart has gone into law in the UK. What shall we say?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by otokx(m): 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2006
yeah sin is sin but homosexuality is ewwww evil
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by omogenaija(f): 10:03pm On Jan 04, 2006
SIN IS SIN AND SINING IS TERRIBLE NO MATTER WHAT THE SIN IS.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Logical(m): 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2006
Bunch of hypocrites !! How many of you are virgins, or inactive sexually.

Well we are all sinners arent we? grin
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by donnie(m): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2006
no.... not at all.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by kismat: 11:57am On Jan 09, 2006
Can anyone reference the holy bible and give us a verse or statement made where such ruling (sin is a sin) is made? Whats the legal ruling (from the bible) regarding:

1. Homosexuality
2. Fornication
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by thekrafter(m): 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2006
Personally, I don't see how what two adults do in the privacy of a room is hurtung anybody. Most people have sex because it feels good, homosexual or heterosexual.

By the way, do people feel the same way about female homosexuality as about male homosexuality? Most men will tell you the sight of two women getting it on is arousing but two men? "ewwww!"

It's time we realize our viewpoint might not be the only valid one.

About marriage, everybody has the right to be happy/unhappy a the partner of his/her choosing.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by niniowo(f): 7:45pm On Jan 13, 2006
is there any difference between 6 and half a dozen.? What is the difference between 10 years and a decade. sin is sin. there is no greater evil. Don't approach either. Whether you strangle a chicken or slaughter it, the end result is the same.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by wendytilda(f): 11:32am On Jan 14, 2006
Fornication is sin as well as Homosexuality,there is no classification of the two.
That goes for everyother sin. They all lead to distruction and regrets.
They are not just sin and evil against God but against your body too.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by vyvyan(f): 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2006
Fornication, homosexuality; none is more terrible than the other. They both carry the same consequences.So, guys out there its still a sin,whichever one
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Free(f): 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2006
SIN IS SIN
IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT U DONE DID
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GREATER SIN.......
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by timmy(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2006
dont relate them, just tellall homo's to get a life
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Free(f): 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2006
L.oL hmmmm
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by suaveaub(m): 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2006
All the sin is equal before God so no one is greater than the other.Do not be deceived God is not mocked whatever a man sow that shall he also reap.bye from austine.[b][/b][i][/i][color=#000099][/color] cool
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by thekrafter(m): 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2006
There is no place, let me repeat, NO place in the Bible that says homosexuality is a sin. Conservative christians have twisted the meaning of the Bible to preach hate against God's children. You can't compare fornication and homosexuality. Fornication has its root in lust, while homosexuality is simply a preference for members of the same sex.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Reverend(m): 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2006
Sin is Sin?

So if you sleep with your girlfriend before you are married it is the same as committing murder? I don't think so!

Many of the lesser sins that people rant and rave about were not created by God, but created by man to yet again control and manipulate us! If only we followed the ten commandments which are simple and easy to understand and make a solid base to live our lives then the World would be a better and simpler place.

All these bigots who make their own interpretations of the bible are the ones to cast the first stones.

I really understand why some people have given up on Christianity and why church attendance is dropping. Lets modernize ourselves, laws made over two thousand years ago have little bearing on the modern society in which we now live.

I am not a supporter of homosexuality, but I do not believe that sex before marriage is a sin.

If you are married in a registry office and not in church is that still valid in the eyes of God? maybe you are still committing fornication even though you have a marriage certificate.

We have to draw a line somewhere and live our lives sensibly. Acting on your natural feelings is not a sin but something enjoyable. Oh sorry I forgot, if we enjoy ourselves then that makes us sinners and evil!
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Seun(m): 3:13pm On Mar 03, 2006
When last did you read your bible, Reverend?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Reverend(m): 3:18pm On Mar 03, 2006
It is time to update a re-interpret the Bible. It has not been done in the UK since the time of King James. We are now in 2006 and the World is a very different place. We should try and adapt the teachings of the Bible to apply to todays problems and way of life.

I still do not beleive that the natural God given pleasure of sex is a sin before or after marriage.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by thekrafter(m): 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2006
Reverend:

It is time to update a re-interpret the Bible. It has not been done in the UK since the time of King James. We are now in 2006 and the World is a very different place. We should try and adapt the teachings of the Bible to apply to todays problems and way of life.

I still do not beleive that the natural God given pleasure of sex is a sin before or after marriage.

Then why do you believe homosexuality is wrong? Because of the Bible we need to update and re-interpret?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Reverend(m): 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2006
The Bible is not an authority unto itself. It is the "Manufacturers Operating and Maintenance Instructions" and "Warranty" that is provided to us for the care and maintenance and successful operation of our bodies, including our minds.
The authority lies with God who created us and gave us the Bible as instructions and as a recorded example of what happens when we do "right" by his standards (and receive blessings and eternal life) or do "wrong" by his standards (and receive cursings and eternal death) (See Deu. 30:15, 19).

All specific mention of homosexuality in scripture shows it to be condemned by God. The first is the account of Sodom and Gommorah, (from which it became known as "sodomy"wink and in this account it is the only "sin" mentioned. (Gen. 18:20, 19:1-13, all scriptures are KJV unless noted otherwise).
It is specifically condemned in Lev. 18:22,

The penalty was death, Lev. 20:13.

It is condemned in Deu. 23:17-18, (the "price of a dog, in the context of "the hire of a LovePeddler", refers to male prostitution).
It is also mentioned as "wickedness" in Judges 19:16-25. It is called "sodomy" in 1 Kings 14:24 and is referred to as an "abomination". Asa is declared righteous for "taking away the sodomites out of the land" (killing them or driving them out) and for putting an end to idolatry, 1 Kings 15:11-12. Lesbians appear to be included in the term "sodomites" as seen in 2 Kings 23:3-7.

Paul, a prominent teacher of Christianity, shows that both homosexuality and lesbianism were still condemned after Christ's death and resurrection, Rom. 1:22-32. He also mentions it in a list of sins in 1 Tim. 1:10.
Those who do not repent of these sins shall not inherit the kingdom or eternal life. "Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous , nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Cor. 6:9-10.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by beyunce(f): 9:14pm On Mar 27, 2006
i dont think we have the right to decide which is the greater sin. Anyone that decides which a sin is the person as also committed one.

Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by mlksbaby(f): 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2006
I don't understand you. Are you saying I could not call a spade a spade or decide that something is a sin so I could make a choice to stay clean from whatever sin confronts me? The basis upon which something is called a sin is what God calls it - whether fornication or homosexuality.

I hope that the question of the topic was not put forward as a means to look for the 'lesser sin' so an excuse could be devised for participating. If something is sinful, I don't care if it is 'small' or 'great' in degree of seriousness - better to steer clear of any kind of sin and enjoy life to the full as God planned for us.

Abstain from all appearance of evil. - 1Thes. 5:22
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2006
The both carry the same consequences.those that believe fornication is just an everyday activities should not be decieved angry
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by trailblaze: 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2006
Hi peeps I am not a sucker for both I mean fornication and homosexuality, but i have heard gay folks who said they were born that way that it wasn't as if they grew into it. What then do you say to that when someone have already distorted the initial plan of God for man and woman. A fornicator can repent but a homosexual who believes he or she was born that way will defend that cause with his blood. Let each person understand God's motives for making us the way He did. he didn't make us to crave sexual satisfaction from someone of our sex.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Johnny(m): 10:59am On Apr 03, 2006
No sin is small or great.But homosexuality is an abnormal sin and morally wrong.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by macalurs(m): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2006
There are sins.

There are acceptable sins.

There are abominable sins.

There are disgusting sins.

There are retarded sins.

There is every sin.

There is no sin.

The weight is all in the mind.

Fear factor anyone?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by TayoD(m): 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2006
Interesting topic indeed.

While all sins deserve one consequence: death; the Bible is very clear that some sins are really more grievous than others.  Some have cited these in earlier posts, so I will not bore us with repeatition.  But come to think of it, the seemingly simple sin of disobedience is what broguht evil on the world today.  I guess Adam and Eve couldn't have imagined such a consequence to their sin.  That teaches us one thing: flee every appearance of evil (as apostle Paul admonished).

Now to the sin of homosexuality.  I am of the persuasion that after the sin against the Holy Spirit (which the Bible says is unpardonable), the most reviled sin in God's sight is homosexuality.  I say this because there is no sin that screams "antichrist" as much as the sin of homosexuality.  It is an affront on the image of God: Christ.  Right from the Book of Genesis, the Lord made it clear that sex is meant to be a pointer to the image of God (Christ), and He meant it to be between a man and a woman. 

No wonder that the Antichrist will be a homosexual.  I guess this explains why the sin is so rampant now as the world awaits the coming of this great personality.  God had to destroy Soddom and Gomorrah because they were establishing a state of the anti-christ long before its appointed time.

Even nature teaches us that this sin is heinous above all else.  I'm sure we all know that AIDS was first discovered and perpetuated within the homosexual community.  This lifestyle brought about the near anihilation of the human race a while back, now it is attempting to do the same through the deadly disease.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2006
both are sin and they both carry the same punishment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? / Last Sunday Before Inauguration What Will Be Your Prayer Point Today For Nigeria / Perfection Must Be Attained To Get To Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.