Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,006 members, 7,845,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? (11404 Views)

Transgender Or Homosexuality Which Is More Of An Abomination / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:43am On Sep 15, 2008
@cayon
Lol ok oh, I cannot say much because this is a matter of pure faith, I can only point out the discrepancies and contradictions if any.
Cheers.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:44am On Sep 15, 2008
@cayon
Lol ok oh, I cannot say much because this is a matter of pure faith, I can only point out the discrepancies and contradictions if any.
I would like to point out that the verse does not say having homosexual feeling is wrong it says the actions are wrong. In essence its ok to have a homosexual orientation but don't practice it. Sounds like the catholics to me.
Cheers.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Cayon(f): 12:06am On Sep 16, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@cayon
I would like to point out that the verse does not say having homosexual feeling is wrong it says the actions are wrong. In essence its ok to have a homosexual orientation but don't practice it. Sounds like the catholics to me.Cheers.

God sees everything, a person's thoughts, their heart and their deeds, so yes by definition "homosexual feeling" is a sin in God's Eyes.

Matthew 6:21 says, "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:32am On Sep 16, 2008
Thats great because that makes the urge to steal a sin, I know we all have biased positions but sometimes it doesnt hurt to look at things from a different perspective.
Cheers
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Maykelly(f): 8:50am On Sep 25, 2008
Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? ah ahhhh Seun is there any difference. Or the evil pleasure derived from both are they not the same. Anyway who can classify these two sins for him.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Lady2(f): 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2008
I notice that when we're talking about premarital sex, most of us are not religious. Men and boys just want to have sex, girls and women too. Unmarried boys and girls don't care what the bible says, they just want to sleep with each other. "Body no be wood" is their claim, and on Sunday they go back to church to ask for repentance. This practice of fornication doesn't generate much rage when it's discussed; it's as if "everybody understands".

But when the issue of homosexuality comes up, people become very angry and very pious. That is when they start quoting the bible to support their beliefs! The same people who have defended fornication, which is outrightly condemned in the bible, suddenly become righteous warriours! The girls and guys have no qualms about 'enjoying' each other before marriage, but they are ready to quote the same bible to condemn homosexuals.

So I asked myself a question, which of these vices is a more terrible sin and why do you think so? From the point of view of Christians, and from the point of view of Muslims too (I don't know much about islam, so forgive me for not giving a proper introduction from the islamic point of view)!

There are some sins that are greater than the others, mortal sins are greater than venial sins. However, fornication and homosexuality are in the same boat, those two are the same. The problem is that one is done against nature and people are uncomfortable with that, the other is done naturally.
It also ties in with culture and all that, nonetheless both are sins with the same weights.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Lady2(f): 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2008
I would like to point out that the verse does not say having homosexual feeling is wrong it says the actions are wrong. In essence its ok to have a homosexual orientation but don't practice it. Sounds like the catholics to me.
Cheers.

No it doesn't sound like the catholics to you and you of all people should know better.
The urge of homosexuality is not a sin, but that doesn't mean it should be encouraged. If one willingly allows his or herself to have such urges, then it becomes a sin.
But if the person is fighting it, it is not a sin.
Prayer and constant fasting is encouraged.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Maykelly(f): 4:19pm On Sep 25, 2008
~Lady~:

There are some sins that are greater than the others, mortal sins are greater than venial sins. However, fornication and homosexuality are in the same boat, those two are the same. The problem is that one is done against nature and people are uncomfortable with that, the other is done naturally.
It also ties in with culture and all that, nonetheless both are sins with the same weights.

sin is sin. No greater No Lesser
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Frizy(m): 4:43pm On Sep 25, 2008
Indeed there is evil in the two. But fornication is pardonable as the result is fogging only 99 lashes of hard wip. However, in homosexuality the sharia is that the person involved must be thrown from the highest height within the city. That is because homosexuals are the worst people ever known for lewdness, and they enjoy lewdness with their like.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Frizy(m): 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2008
~Lady~:

No, they are not.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Lady2(f): 5:18am On Sep 26, 2008
No, they are not.

Ok are you happy now?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Nimshi: 5:22am On Sep 26, 2008
'Sin is sin , there's no greater sin'.

Really?

Has anyone explained I John 5:16,17 on this thread?

16If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. (1 Jno. 5:16,17) [bold mine]

Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Nimshi: 5:25am On Sep 26, 2008
When the Chritians friends have explained the above, we may then move to the destruction of the lie about homosexuality.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by affee(f): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2008
SIN IS SIN
NONE IS GREATER AND NONE IS LESSER MY my english correct abi?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by affee(f): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2008
SIN IS SIN
NONE IS GREATER AND NONE IS LESSER my english correct abi?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by TPS360: 9:43am On Sep 26, 2008
seun, a sin is a sin
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:46am On Sep 26, 2008
@all
Can someone give me a proof and evidence beyond reasonable doubt that homosexuality is not natural?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by sosodat: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2008
@Chrisbenogor

Can u give evidence and proof beyond reasonable doubt that Homosexuality is Natural?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Nimshi: 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2008
affee:

SIN IS SIN
NONE IS GREATER AND NONE IS LESSER my english correct abi?

Ok; but what's your reason for saying this? Is your reason based on the bible or some other religious book?

Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Nimshi: 7:51pm On Sep 26, 2008
sosodat:

Can u give evidence and proof beyond reasonable doubt that Homosexuality is Natural?

There is plenty good evidence in nature that homosexuality is natural.

Also, the bible does not condemn homosexuality.

Homosexuality is necessarily not a sin.

If you thought about it a bit, the reason will become clear.

Peace.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Lady2(f): 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2008
@all
Can someone give me a proof and evidence beyond reasonable doubt that homosexuality is not natural?

Nature is designed to procreate, homosexuals can't procreate? A sperm and a sperm can't bring about new life, an egg and an egg can't bring about new life.

If nature was not meant to procreate it wouldn't have opposing sexes.

When they want procreate they need the opposing sex, so why not just get the opposing sex in the first place? You are moving against nature. We are supposed to be moving with nature, not against it.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Lady2(f): 8:05pm On Sep 26, 2008
Also, the bible does not condemn homosexuality.

Please know the Bible before you speak.

Leviticus 18:22

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination.

Romans 1:26-27
26 Therefore God handed them over to degrading passions. Their females exchanges natural relations for unnatural
27 and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons due penalty for their perversity.

There's more o. Please check well.

Sodom and Gomorrah were punished for this sin.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Nimshi: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2008
~Lady~:

Please know the Bible before you speak.

I know the bible some. And nowhere does it condemn homosexuality.

Perhaps the following could be of help:

Could you define the terms:

1) homosexuality

2) heterosexuality

?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by KarmaMod(f): 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2008
sins are all the same
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Nimshi: 8:35pm On Sep 26, 2008
KarmaMod:

sins are all the same

Anyone could say that. The questions are: how do you know? And, why do you say so?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by tpia: 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2008
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by waleab: 9:08pm On Sep 26, 2008
tpia:

which bible are you referring to, that doesnt condemn homosexuality?

Are you by any chance, gay? Just a question, nothing more.

does it matter which bible. sodom had no bible. hell is the destination of all sinners. of course the devils twisted scriptures will be burnt there too
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Nimshi: 9:16pm On Sep 26, 2008
tpia:

which bible are you referring to, that doesnt condemn homosexuality?

The same bible; the one with the 66 books.

Are you by any chance, gay? Just a question, nothing more.

The question is irrelevant. Suppose I say "yes", does that make the argument that the bible does not condemn homosexuality right or wrong? Suppose I say "no", of what use is it to the discussion. My answer is irrelevant. One note though: you've moved a tiny bit closer to this apparent fact by using a term that's less of a label: "gay".

Have you considered the comment about offering definitions for "homosexuality" and "heterosexuality"?

Really, it is a trivial, rather obvious fact that homosexuality is not what the bible condemns. It doesn't take much effort to see this.
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by CIZAR(m): 9:25pm On Sep 26, 2008
homosexuality is the bigger sin because it takes away the humanity in us and turns the people who do it are reduced to creatures lower than beast
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:35pm On Sep 26, 2008
~Lady~:

Nature is designed to procreate, homosexuals can't procreate? A sperm and a sperm can't bring about new life, an egg and an egg can't bring about new life.

If nature was not meant to procreate it wouldn't have opposing sexes.

When they want procreate they need the opposing sex, so why not just get the opposing sex in the first place? You are moving against nature. We are supposed to be moving with nature, not against it.

I hope you do realize that you are trying to say the purpose of sex is to procreate alone? please make that distinction is MouthAction for procreation?,pre-intimacy for procreation? Sorry maam but that assertion does not hold water at all

There are records of homosexuality among animals, plants and so on it cannot be against nature, the more reason why I am baffled that the bible should condemn it.
Nimshi:

There is plenty good evidence in nature that homosexuality is natural.

Also, the [b]bible does not condemn homosexualit[/b]y.

If you thought about it a bit, the reason will become clear.

Peace.

Would like you to clarify that for me bro
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Lady2(f): 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2008
1) homosexuality

same-sex

2) heterosexuality

Opposite sex

Now

Leviticus 18:22

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination.

As in if you are a man you shall not lay with another man as you would lay with a woman, if you are a woman you shall not lay with another woman as you would lay with a man.
MAN SHALL NOT LIE DOWN AND SLEEP WITH ANOTHER MAN.
WOMAN SHALL NOT LIE DOWN AND SLEEP WITH ANOTHER WOMAN.

Romans 1:26-27
26 Therefore God handed them over to degrading passions. Their females exchanges natural relations for unnatural
27 and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons due penalty for their perversity

What do the above verses mean, if they are not condemning same sex relations?

Are you a homosexual? Are you gay? Are you trying to justify your actions by twisting the Bible?
Re: Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? by Lady2(f): 10:25pm On Sep 26, 2008
I hope you do realize that you are trying to say the purpose of sex is to procreate alone?

The purpose of sex is procreation. However it is still pleasurable.

Note: You can get the same pleasure from having sex with a goat, or other animals, is that natural?

please make that distinction is MouthAction for procreation?,

MouthAction is condemned by the Church, so is anal sex (ewww)

,pre-intimacy for procreation?

pre-intimacy leads to sex which is for procreation.

Sorry maam but that assertion does not hold water at all

Ok, so if people can just do it for pleasure, why aren't they pleasuring themselves with animals? They can get the same feeling. Or are you advocating that humans have sex with animals too?

There are records of homosexuality among animals, plants and so on it cannot be against nature, the more reason why I am baffled that the bible should condemn it.

So we should have sex with animals too?

Would like you to clarify that for me bro

You see what I mean, see what I'm talking about? People misinterpret the Bible and say it supports their view.
The Bible isn't contradicting itself, it's the so-called people that read it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Joagbaje Became God / Bishop Oyedepo Banned From The UK Over Church Corruption / Testimony Of The Spiritual Realm(2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.