Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

ASK TOB: My Mother-in-law Is Making My Life Miserable - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ASK TOB: My Mother-in-law Is Making My Life Miserable (722 Views)

Too Much Sex Can Make You Miserable- New Research / She Is Threatening To Make Life Miserable For Me / My Fiancee Earns More Than Me And It's Making My Life Miserable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASK TOB: My Mother-in-law Is Making My Life Miserable by Afriface: 8:02pm On Apr 08, 2013
http://www.tundeola.com/2013/04/ask-tob-my-mother-in-law-is-making-my.html#more

Naturally, his mother sees me as an obstacle, even though he pretends about it. Although she doesn’t shout at me but she has a way of making my life in that house hell on earth.
For instance, if my husband has the urge to eat a particular kind of food and I make attempt to cook what my husband wants, she would come to the kitchen to tell me that the particular food is forbidden in that house.

The worst thing is that when my husband comes and I tell him what his mother said,
he won’t say anything. Although he is the breadwinner of the family, he cannot stand up to his people to defend me. The resultant effect is that I am on my own, begging them to like me a little bit but it seems the harder I try to please them, the more determined they are to make my life unbearable in their brother’s house.

I have been begging my husband to relocate, at least, a little far away from the family so that I can enjoy my very young marriage but he has refused to listen to me. His excuse is that I would soon be back in school which is six hours drive from home.

Anytime I raise the issue of the treatment I get from his family, he is instant in defending them. His mother is in charge of my less than a year old marriage.

It appears this is going to be the pattern of my marriage as my husband in his wisdom, built his personal house within the vicinity of the family house.

My sister-in-law who is also at home is over 30 years of age and she too is another source of my headache. I am dying slowly. Please help me. What should I do?

Re: ASK TOB: My Mother-in-law Is Making My Life Miserable by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 08, 2013
I know you are going through a lot but I just want to say you should talk this out with you husband. At first, what is your mother inlaw doing in ur marital home? If you truely want to enjoy your marriage, ur mother inlaw must go back to her husband' house. I will also advice you to talk diz out with your pastor should incase ur husband refuse to listen to you. Third party is not allowed in marriage. Talk dis out with your husband, seat him down and talk sense into him.

(1) (Reply)

My Ex & Her Family Issues / When D Bride Turns Her Face Away When Its Time For "You May Now Kiss D Bride" / Do Your Parents Still Call Themselves Pet Names?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.