Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section (13027 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by alexchiny: 9:35am On May 07, 2013
Madam Ikenna. Who told you Aboki is a tribal slur? Kai, that's the height of ignorance. And again make sure to ban anybody using the word "ibo" because its very offensive. Thank u madam

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by alexchiny: 9:42am On May 07, 2013
Another thing Madam Ikenna, I heard you have banned people for insults (not using tribal slurs agaain oo). I just read where you posted your warning on this thread but for Pete's sake do you expect people to read it here? This is a topic you opened against tribalism and ish and not insults. You should have opened a new thread for it so that everybody would be aware. Unban everybody you banned for normal insults ASAP, open a thread and address that. You are beginning to come across as very inefficient, ignorant and arrogant. Thank u madam
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by ekoilee: 2:55pm On May 07, 2013

I·bo (b)
n.
Variant of Igbo.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Ibo, Igbo [ˈiːbəʊ]
n
1. (Social Science / Peoples) pl -bos, -bo a member of a Negroid people of W Africa, living chiefly in S Nigeria
2. (Linguistics / Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Kwa branch of the Niger-Congo family: one of the chief literary and cultural languages of S Nigeria

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
I•bo (ˈi boʊ)

n., pl. I•bos, (esp. collectively) I•bo.
1. a member of an African people of SE Nigeria, living mainly N and NE of the Niger River delta.
2. the Kwa language of the Ibo.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Ibo

I'm not even sure if this person is a Nigeria or he's just grossly ignorant mentally incompetent.

Ibo is ibo and this is how millions of Nigerians spell and pronounce it from day one till this very second with no issue or people going to war.

You can ban all you want, but juts like tens of millions of Nigerians, ibo is ibo simply not only because this is a genuine qualification, many leaders from that region including ojkwu, Zik and others pronounce and spell ibo.

Your silly take on NL is nothing but a reflection of your own low self esteem and personal insecurity...

This is what you get when you give power to fickle minded and petty people to pursue tribal and ethnic agendas..
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Pataki: 5:38pm On May 07, 2013
It seems Seun needs to re-define what his Nairaland Political board is all about. Before it all goes fully to the dogs!

Is it sheer mental laziness or condensed idiocy on the path of some of his moderators not to know that aboki actually means my friend?!

Or that Ibo is another form of Igbo? Afterall, we have one truly igbo boy on this forum who calls himself OMO IBO? Although I honestly do think he wanted to call himself OMO OBO. undecided
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by alexchiny: 5:46pm On May 07, 2013
Omo ibo is not an igbo guy and ibo is an offensive word. Get used to that!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by DuduNegro: 3:28am On May 08, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro was Banned by Ikenna351 in Politics for tribal slur. Ban expires on 6:05am On May 14

rookie,

what is a tribal slur?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by ekoilee: 3:49am On May 08, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

rookie,

what is a tribal slur?

Are you minding the low self esteem and insecure people.

How ibo is a slur beats the hell out of me, it's ibo to more than half of your country and even your own leaders use the same ibo name.

They are even clueless about their own history..
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by DuduNegro: 4:05am On May 08, 2013
eko ilee:

Are you minding the low self esteem and insecure people.

How ibo is a slur beats the hell out of me, it's ibo to more than half of your country and even your own leaders use the same ibo name.

They are even clueless about their own history..

he probably have a definition that nobody elae in nigeria has. we will find out here. im laying siege here until we have a clarity.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by birdman(m): 5:43am On May 08, 2013
some people are funny. look at all the effort trying to convince mods to let you abuse other people. some people need a psychiatrist for real.

3 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by DuduNegro: 5:50am On May 08, 2013
birdman: some people are funny. look at all the effort trying to convince mods to let you abuse other people. some people need a psychiatrist for real.

clarify your point
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by birdman(m): 6:07am On May 08, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

clarify your point

what part needs clarification? A nairalander constantly abuses other ethnic groups and mocks them. A strict moderator decides he wont have any of it, and starts enforcing the rules. The said nairalander, rather than tone it down, expends considerable energy fighting for the right to abuse others. This is madness, the psychological kind. If you are so used to attacking others that you are unable to function otherwise, you really do need a psychiatrist.

I understand the Ibo/Igbo angle, given that many prominent people refer to themselves as Ibo - I personally see nothing wrong with it, but d.mn, why waste energy on calling people names they have decided they dont want to bear. And by the way, I really wasnt refering to you - there are much worse offenders the mods should be focusing on. There should be some leeway in the politics section otherwise there will be no conversation.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by DuduNegro: 6:50am On May 08, 2013
birdman:

what part needs clarification? A nairalander constantly abuses other ethnic groups and mocks them. A strict moderator decides he wont have any of it, and starts enforcing the rules. The said nairalander, rather than tone it down, expends considerable energy fighting for the right to abuse others. This is madness, the psychological kind. If you are so used to attacking others that you are unable to function otherwise, you really do need a psychiatrist.

I understand the Ibo/Igbo angle, given that many prominent people refer to themselves as Ibo - I personally see nothing wrong with it, but d.mn, why waste energy on calling people names they have decided they dont want to bear. And by the way, I really wasnt refering to you - there are much worse offenders the mods should be focusing on. There should be some leeway in the politics section otherwise there will be no conversation.

we cannot detach from the realities of our political landscape. what the mod is asking us to do is be plastic and pretend that nigeria is one country and we all get along and no disunity. is that your reality?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Obiagu1(m): 6:54am On May 08, 2013
birdman: some people are funny. look at all the effort trying to convince mods to let you abuse other people. some people need a psychiatrist for real.

Insanity of the highest order is what you get here. NL is their lives; close NL today and many of them will hang themselves.

A bunch of lunatics running around claiming intellectuals. I don't know when psychosis equates intelligence.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by DuduNegro: 6:59am On May 08, 2013
Obiagu1:

Insanity of the highest order is what you get here. NL is their lives; close NL today and many of them will hang themselves.

A bunch of lunatics running around claiming intellectuals. I don't know when psychosis equates intelligence.

President Jonathan must be a psychotic-in-chief when he labeled an entire ethnic group leadership and called them rascals.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Obiagu1(m): 7:01am On May 08, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

President Jonathan must be a psychotic-in-chief when he labeled an entire ethnic group leadership and called them rascals.

So that justifies your own display of insanity?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by DuduNegro: 7:08am On May 08, 2013
Obiagu1:

So that justifies your own display of insanity?

that is a testatement to the political temperament of the nation, from the top down and from bottom to top. demanding different in here is hypocritical and obscene. you are asking people to be one thing in real life and something else in nairaland.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Obiagu1(m): 7:16am On May 08, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

that is a testatement to the political temperament of the nation, from the top down and from bottom to top. demanding different in here is hypocritical and obscene. you are asking people to be one thing in real life and something else in nairaland.

I don't expect you to be different from what you are in real life. So by your actions here, I can deduce with a certain degree of accuracy your character.

Anyway, it's kind of mind boggling that a grown man will be crying over petty issues like 'how to spell common names' over how many weeks or months now!

Or a grown man that's suppose to have responsibilities creating 30 monikers and juggling from one to another to evade the moderators just to air racial slur!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by DuduNegro: 7:24am On May 08, 2013
Obiagu1:

I don't expect you to be different from what you are in real life. So by your actions here, I can deduce with a certain degree of accuracy your character.

Anyway, it's kind of mind boggling that a grown man will be crying over petty issues like 'how to spell common names' over how many weeks or months now?

im going to ignore your further responses on this issue unless you correct and regain your senses. you are panicking! calm down and engage me with logic.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by tomakint: 8:02am On May 08, 2013
Obiagu1:

Anyway, it's kind of mind boggling that a grown man will be crying over petty issues like 'how to spell common names' over how many weeks or months now!

Or a grown man that's suppose to have responsibilities creating 30 monikers and juggling from one to another to evade the moderators just to air racial slur!
My brother that is the exact picture of what Nairaland has turned into, you see grown up men in their 30s, 40s crying over a Mod all over the whole place, when their mates are making money out there and living the good life undecided
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Ngwakwe: 9:30am On May 08, 2013
No matter how you see and judge Negro's submissions above, he is making a whole lot of sense.

Hate him or Love him, he is on point in this one.

What I despise with much passion is insulting and making caricature of one another or their ethnicity in a bid to be seen as having upper hand in political debate.

It makes us uncivilised in the perception of foreigners and less intelligent contrary to what we want others to believe of us Nigerians.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by ACM10: 7:59am On Aug 04, 2013
OAM4J has adopted Ikenna351 modus operandi. The same guy he criticized his action. Even accused him of favouring certain ethnics, when evidence points to the other direction. His hypocrisy stinks!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by isalegan2: 11:32pm On May 10, 2020
Bump. Covid boredom. grin
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Seerade029: 11:42pm On May 10, 2020
Instead, it got worse..
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Zooposki(f): 11:48pm On May 10, 2020
Please make sure you ban any IPOB member that adds any of the south south states to their Biafra map. That is more disrespectful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bishop Abraham Chris Udeh To PDP: Don't Allow APC To Manipulate 2019 Polls / Governors, Ex-Governors, Others Meet In Lagos Over Insecurity, 2023 Polls / Police Are Arresting People Wearing A Fashion Brand Inscribed "police" T-shirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.