Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,703 members, 7,955,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:58 AM

No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section (13189 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by ujchief(m): 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
This post cannot be hiddencheesy Ban them all!!!
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by vanbonattel: 7:41pm On Apr 27, 2013
Dede1:

Bros, I guess we are dealing with senseless rascality and irascible juvenility on this forum.

Plus irresponsible parambulation of egoistic exuberances capable of causing an upheaval of indignation.

2 Likes

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by shady26(m): 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2013
Desinuola: As long as there is tribalism in Nigeria, there would be TRIBALISM on Nairaland!

You can't force people to have a nationalistic outlook when they don't even believe in the entity called Nigeria!

I am first and foremost a Yoruba woman and i'm only identified as Nigerian only by way of my passport. I feel more love for my people than I do for other ethnic groups and have a close affinity to them.

If you are going to impose this draconian rule, then by all means, define what you term as "tribalism" and set out the rules clearly as you cannot ban anyone purely on their ethnic outlook. You have to set out what you deem offensive and would not tolerate.

Moreso, you cannot act as an individual; your other moderators and Seun, the owner of the site would have to co-sign your rules for it to have authority or legitimacy.

As it stands now, the no-more tribalism stance is yours and yours alone without any stamp of approval. Once you get it approved you must then set out the terms and conditions and be specific on what and what would not be allowed.

You are not Abacha or jonathan o. Don't think you can swan in here and dictate to us o. Who you be? Who be you?

Shio! Kelebe!! TWE!!!
heyshhhhhhh shutup!as if we don't know tribalism runs in your blood!no body expects you to change just don't cry each time you get hit.....nonsense
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by shady26(m): 8:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
Ikenna351: Life can be so interesting! See as all the tribalists are gradually showing themselves here, giving me the opportunity to note them, making the task easier for me. God, you are so wonderful! Please keep identifying yourself, the roll-call is still on going.

Ikenna.
shatap! Who are you sef?even your oga at the top seun osewa,is he willing to change his name to chukwuemeka just to be more nationalistic?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Obiagu1(m): 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
Dede1:

I could not believe Obiagu1 will ever be associated with the above type of kneejerk approach to this matter. Anyway, human beings are subjects of change. However, my motto is fairness.

My position is that you can address someone properly and still make your point. You can't start an argument/discussion with someone and every time you want to talk, you'll call him "isiukwa" and then make your point. If he wants to make his own point, he'll definitely retaliate with a similar name. If that name refers to just that person, he might not be bothered because he understands you but when it refers to more that one person, others might not find it funny.

That's just it.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Obiagu1(m): 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2013
isale_gan2:

I hear ya. cool I support the effort to bring sense to Politics section so we can all partake and enjoy like times of yore. wink

I'm just not bothered by Yooba, which is what he used in the targeted post. The other variations? undecided *Shrug*

Done with this.

BTW, Hi! Obiagu! cheesy I remember discussions we had on older threads, I think 2 years ago now: (1) the deceased gay activist, and the American lady who found her Eze(?) dad. Those were fun times in Politics section o jare.

Yeah I remember, those good old days one will have good discussions on this forum. cool
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by ACM10: 10:24am On Apr 28, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Dede1, according to the senior moderator, OAM4J, you have done nothing wrong. I reproduce OAM4J's post after a long discussion in a thread which included contributions from all of us, Seun, OAM4J, and others. This Ikenna352 cannot willy nilly change rules, we are not his children here.

If Oga at the top has changed the rule, we need to know. So Ikenna352, did Seun tell you to reverse OAM4J's decision, if not, stop bothering us with this issue.

You'd be glad to see Igbo-Yoruba feud continue ad infinitum. . .wont you? That's why you pop up every now and then to inflame the hatred. Cos your people stands to benefit. . .huh?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by nduchucks: 1:34pm On Apr 28, 2013
ACM10:

You'd be glad to see Igbo-Yoruba feud continue ad infinitum. . .wont you? That's why you pop up every now and then to inflame the hatred. Cos your people stands to benefit. . .huh?

ACM10, nkuku nwanne amalomye, you appear to be a dullard from your post above. Who are "my people" who stand to benefit from this non existent Igbo-Yoruba feud? You small boys can blow yourselves to smithereens online, if you wish, but be advice that JTF will be waiting for you when you take your foolery to the streets. dolo
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Dede1(m): 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
Obiagu1:

My position is that you can address someone properly and still make your point. You can't start an argument/discussion with someone and every time you want to talk, you'll call him "isiukwa" and then make your point. If he wants to make his own point, he'll definitely retaliate with a similar name. If that name refers to just that person, he might not be bothered because he understands you but when it refers to more that one person, others might not find it funny.

That's just it.

Is it not laughable and condescending the above explanation was non-existence when “IBO” was freely and continuously used in a text on this forum even some Igbo peeps objected to the usage? The Yoruba peeps insisted such usage was in text and proffered examples that included Achebe’s work.

Was it not this instance that spurred Igbo peeps to produce examples were Yoruba, Yooba, Yoruba, Ausa, Hausawa, Habe , etc have been used in a text too?

May I ask you what suddenly engendered the change of the playing field?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by ACM10: 3:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
ndu_chucks:

ACM10, nkuku nwanne amalomye, you appear to be a dullard from your post above. Who are "my people" who stand to benefit from this non existent Igbo-Yoruba feud? You small boys can blow yourselves to smithereens online, if you wish, but be advice that JTF will be waiting for you when you take your foolery to the streets. dolo

Will you shut up if got nothing to say! Do I sound like a toddler to you? I chere na mu amaghi ife ana aru? Initially, you were supportive of Ikenna when he was dishing out ban to the top Igbo posters here. But later turned against him when you realized that his actions are not in tandem with your long term interest of preventing unity between the two tribes, hence you started to throw spanner into his wheel of progress by pointing to obnoxious rules to regulate his work and thereby making it difficult. On other hand, you introduced the concept of senior mod. Tell me if such concept has ever existed on NL? You try to play politics by indirectly telling Ikenna that he is answerable to OAM4J. Bros chill, I'm well aware of your game plan. You can't teach an old dog new trick.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by dayokanu(m): 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
So Ikenna how many people you don ban?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by shady26(m): 8:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
kayci_d77:

Ikenna is not an Igbo man, Seun use him to fight a particular ethnic(IGBOS) in NL, But Ikenna I want to advice you, NL is a public forum and there should be a level of liberty in the choice of words and when you want to fight bigotry comments make it a general thing, any person who creates Thread to insult the Igbos should be banned , any person who insult the president should be banned not a mere typing Yoruba or Yoruba ( which has no insulting meaning). The real insults are there but u pretend not to see them.
I was not deceived by his ikenna moniker, from day1 I had known he is not igbo but just a tool created to direct more complex form of bigotry against a certain ethnic group giving them sleepless nights.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 29, 2013
Hmmm, all these wahala Nawao.Maybe its time for a Sovereign Nairaland Conference!! grin
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
Seconded
Kamanda: Hmmm, all these wahala Nawao.Maybe its time for a Sovereign Nairaland Conference!! grin
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by baynix(m): 11:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
I Just Came Back From Cell 53.. Courtesy Of Politics Warder.. "Ikenna" cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 30, 2013
one of the best posts ever on Nairaland. Bro Ikenna pls go ahead, u ve the backing of some of us here who detest this tribal virus
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by OneNaira6: 11:57pm On Apr 30, 2013
This Ikenna guy don bring comedy to this section. See how he got the offenders providing free shows to us. Book marking this thread and the other complain thread. Oya, who did he ban next, come do your own whining.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by cfours: 1:39am On May 01, 2013
Dede1:

This is a sort of twisted issue I have with so-called Ndigbo. Most of them seemed, at times, hell bent to save Nigeria thereby putting them selves in a precarious situation.

oh be quiet. Are the igbos living in boko-haram infested north also 'occupying the north' to save Nigeria? grin or doing it for their own selfish/ greedy motivations.
I'm sure ikenna also has his personal agenda. although I see no risk here 4 him. maybe power-hungry. maybe trying to work on his dictator moderator skills. what makes you believe that he's trying to "save nigeria"?
this illusion of grandeur of some people sef is getting ridiculous. una no dey shame?
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Genius100: 2:43am On May 02, 2013
Ikenna, you are doing a great job. There is finally some sanity in this forum. Keep up the good work.
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by asorocker: 6:10am On May 02, 2013
Genius100: Ikenna, you are doing a great job. There is finally some sanity in this forum. Keep up the good work.

Please his target should be increased to more than 2000 poster banning per day , this would ensure Nairaland does meet up with the exigencies and requirements needed to maintain the present poetic injustice
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by Ngwakwe: 7:52am On May 02, 2013
But most comments and opinions in Nairaland, mostly from our young University graduates are expression of their Right to be Stupid, they are devoid of intellectual reasoning and political correctness.

This board has lost its former glory accept some few member like Naptu, Dede1, Sincere Nigeria, Gbawe, Demdem, Manny4life, 9ja-I-hail even Eko ile etc that continue to make intellectual sense. Whether their contributions are balanced na story for another day.

We need verifiable facts and not speculation that completely lack substance that grazes Nairaland frontpage these days.

Nairaland is configuring some of our youths with propensity to believe lies unchallenged.

asorocker:

Please his target should be increased to more than 2000 poster banning per day , this would ensure Nairaland does meet up with the exigencies and requirements needed to maintain the present poetic injustice
Re: No More Tribal Attack In Politics Section by texazzpete(m): 10:16am On May 03, 2013
While i support a clean up of this forum to get rid of all the ethnic bigots, banning someone for using the spelling 'Ibo' is extremely inane and I hope you truly do not mean that. For millions of Nigerians, that is how the tribe is spelt. Moderation requires hard work and dedication, not a knee-jerk reaction. You MUST look at the context before reaching for the banhammer. Just my 2 cents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Now I Accept Buhari Hates The South East / Aisha Buhari Backtracks, Constitutes Campaign Team For Husband’s Re-election / Adam Oshiomole Removed, Replaced With Giadom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.