Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,806 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal (65188 Views)

After She/he Finally Accept Your Proposal Then What's The Next Step / How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? / Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Bigsteveg(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: @aluta: do u think its wise 4 me 2 ask her abt my position on dis or shld i just 4get her and move on. 4 me i c her as somebody who doesnt understd what she wants. She jst turned 18. Another funny thing abt this is dat she spend more time calling me including mid 9t calls. By d way nobody is trying 2 play mugu here. I mak time 4 her and she does same 4 me. She ask me 2 giv her time. My question is how long is 2 long 2 wait.
set time target for her, if she cant let go of her present boyfriend, she's just playin you and even if she tell you the guy is not there again....confirm bros, women are cunny, trust me. My own babe just left for her ex, maybe she tot i go dey beg....maintain ur stand, and if she cant meet up, time to let go

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by tellwisdom: 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
Which gurl??
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by ohioleh: 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
Makes two of us..both always have a backup plan bro!aint no prob in waiting..just be ready for anything ...all the best
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by 32D: 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Say Yes To Your Proposal
I met this girl late last year and my intention was made known to her.
She told me dat she has a boyfriend and that i should give her time to think over it.
Its getting to four months and she is yet to giv me any reply. The funny thing is that her family assumes dat we already on date including my own family. Obviously i love her with my whole heart and am willing 2 settle down with her.
My question now is how long are you willing to wait before a girl can say yes to your proposal.
Please i need your advice. We keep in touch almost everyday. Actually am ready to wait until she is ready to yes but what i cant tell is if she is just playing along or what.
4 freaking months my brother is ur name AKPAN? , u r simply on her waiting list, while she tries to see if it will work out with her boyfy or not. Na dat waiting list u go dey wey she go carry her wedding IV come meet u.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
wait for wat. na she go wait for my answer abi na me. she must wait oh.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by k2039: 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2013
naijathings: wait for her to accept bluetooth abi friend request? if i propose and she cant give me a YES or NO on the spot then I split 50/50, then i phone a friend and i walk away. there is nothing like ""let me go home and think about it"" in who wanna be a millionaire wife .
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt2NvmDiDheNWoiZoOv_wQjoptljvoglVuG0EAcZN1FF7n6oDldA[/img]
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by ffo(m): 4:42pm On Apr 10, 2013
naijathings:
this edogu niggah dey furk up... hey.. how old are you
that was the same question i asked him!
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by rman: 4:42pm On Apr 10, 2013
Marriage proposal = 60 seconds

Toasting reply = 7 days.

I got no time for people that don't know what they want.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by konn: 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2013
this gal does not love u she is only keeping u as a substitute in case she has problem with her boyfriend then she can fall back to you this has happened to a colleag of mine if she dosent give u a favourable reply within this week just forget about her she should be able to choose btw u and her bf not eating her cake and having it
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by james2man: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2013

She told me dat she has a boyfriend and that i should give her time to think over it.

OP...From experience,I don't think it should take so long for a lady to accept going into serious relationship with guy hence her reluctance is obvious to you that she is in a relationship already. Why don't you look for another girl? I'm sure you can still find a beautiful girl with good personality out there.

But if you insist on her, i wouldn't be surprise if you open new post here saying my fiance still sees her EX. because i's like you're about to hijack what belongs to another man.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by rman: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
Marriage proposal = 60 seconds

Toasting reply = 7 days.

This is based on the assumption that we have known each other for some time.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by jeffizy(m): 4:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
watch it bro. Don't let her make you the spare tyre.
It's good to wait, but 4 months?
Try and muscle up by taking her out,have a good time, tjen when you are done, ask her if it's yes / no.
The answer she gives that moment should guide you.
She's enjoying the fuss of two men and you are doing the nice man. It is not fair on a brother!

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by deshclones(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2013
Small boys full NL walahi...
@op..don't mind all these guys shouting 48hrs,1week etc..they will wait for years if need be sef...its ur call..if u feel you really love and want this gal..then keep trying..persistence and consistency will definitely pay off someday.kip trying...I have been there b4..I asked my present gf out for 6months straight...six months of consistent callin,chattin,visits etc..most tyms I get discouraged but I still held on..today I look back and am glad I did hold on cos she is everything and much more a man needs in a 21st century wife..
Getting a good woman with 90% of the attributes of a wife is not beans..you just have to prove that you are worthy of her love...and nothing moves a woman's heart than men that know exectly what they want and go for it despite the hurdles...I will only quit if she is insultive and uncouth..if not..carry on after all bob marley said and I quote "if she is amazing she won't be easy..if she is easy she won't be amazing..if she is worth it you won't give up,if you give up you are not worthy"

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Vincent41(m): 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2013

Its getting to four months and she is yet to giv me any reply. The funny thing is that her family assumes dat we already on date including my own family. Obviously i love her with my whole heart and am willing 2 settle down with her.

My question now is how long are you willing to wait before a girl can say yes to your proposal.

Please i need your advice. We keep in touch almost everyday. Actually am ready to wait until she is ready to yes but what i cant tell is if she is just playing along or what.

keep on waiteing till de fuy finishes f***king her...lozzz
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by linkin8k(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dude did you ask "Babe marry me"? Also i think she's a bit too young to know left from right. My advice, just trying dating her first before marriage things.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by giftbz(m): 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
I will wait for as long as I am in love with her
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Vincent41(m): 4:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: @aluta: pls u misunderstd me. By proposal i dont mean settling down wit her immediately but asking her out as in boyfriend/girlfriend rship. I tried 2 find out abt her present rship so dat i can wait or move on. Well she told me she is not happy wit his present boyfriend cos of reasons best known 2 her. But then she keep mentioning him whenever we re chatting on d phone, though not often. Now do u think four months or more is too long 2 wait 4 any girl or should i move on. Am ready 2 wait since she wz d one dat ask me 2 giv her time but my other mind tells me she's just playing along. So what do u think

dis man u are just sick,....let me call u a girl friend snatcher
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by adconline(m): 4:55pm On Apr 10, 2013

Maybe u need a procold to cure ur love fever. Someone is yet to be ur friend and you already love her with ur whole heart?

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by dulphines: 4:58pm On Apr 10, 2013
@OP, In our tradition, that girl is still a small girl, if she's my daughter then you're in hot-soup!
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by rman: 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2013
deshclones: Small boys full NL walahi...
@op..don't mind all these guys shouting 48hrs,1week etc..they will wait for years if need be sef...its ur call..if u feel you really love and want this gal..then keep trying..persistence and consistency will definitely pay off someday.kip trying...I have been there b4..I asked my present gf out for 6months straight...six months of consistent callin,chattin,visits etc..most tyms I get discouraged but I still held on..today I look back and am glad I did hold on cos she is everything and much more a man needs in a 21st century wife..
Getting a good woman with 90% of the attributes of a wife is not beans..you just have to prove that you are worthy of her love...and nothing moves a woman's heart than men that know exectly what they want and go for it despite the hurdles...I will only quit if she is insultive and uncouth..if not..carry on after all bob marley said and I quote "if she is amazing she won't be easy..if she is easy she won't be amazing..if she is worth it you won't give up,if you give up you are not worthy"

If a girl truly cares, she won't play the waiting game for too long.

At times, they don't say yes categorically but give you subtle hints. If you can decipher correctly then you will hang around. Based on your quote above, she has said yes already, only you didnt know.

Regular visits and doing stuffs together are positive pointers if a girl wants to date you.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by miccodb(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2013
From what I gather ur waiting for a reply to a ''dating'' proposal for 4months!!! That's hell unacceptable. She's playing some kinda games I can assure ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by ibullem(m): 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2013
alutacontinua:

And what happens to her present boyfriend Did you just say you want to settle down with a girl in a relationship

Later, you would start blaming Nigerian ladies. How won't ladies be playing smart with these kind of **** guys all over the place
SMH
Last time I checked, he said Boyfriend not husband!!!
As long as the middle finger is free, anything goes. Ur Ex is probably with someone else
And so is ur next. So cut d crap abt him wanting 2 go out with someone in a relationship.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2013
Only a bloody wimp and loser would even have to wait for a girl to accept a marriage proposal. Wait for what? She should scream YES YES OMFG YES!! until her vocal cords contort - immediately you propose, otherwise, something isn't quite right.

In your case, it is even worse that you're trying to 'poach' someone else's girlfriend. If you were a better offer than her boyfriend, she would most likely have told you YES immediately. As it is, she is merely using you as insurance, waiting and hoping that her boyfriend (who is apparently her first choice) would propose. If that doesn't happen, she might then reluctantly whisper a weak 'yes' to you for lack of other viable alternatives. That's a recipe for discontentment that would last well into the marriage and eliminate any possibility of fidelity.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by ibullem(m): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
rman: Marriage proposal = 60 seconds

Toasting reply = 7 days.

This is based on the assumption that we have known each other for some time.

=D =)) no time to say no time jare. I dey feel you bro.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Jerry602(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2013

as long as it wil take if 2ruely l love her n want 2 spend d rest of my life wit her.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by ibullem(m): 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2013
jeffizy: watch it bro. Don't let her make you the spare tyre.
It's good to wait, but 4 months?
Try and muscle up by taking her out,have a good time, tjen when you are done, ask her if it's yes / no.
The answer she gives that moment should guide you.
She's enjoying the fuss of two men and you are doing the nice man. It is not fair on a brother!
Yea bro, she is probably enjoying the chase. SMH
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2013
I'm stil a virgin
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Raypawer(m): 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2013
190:

unto say wetin - does she vomit gold
or spit hard currency

is she white
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Ikonz(m): 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2013

Mine is 6 months maximum, except if she is running a career programme that will be of immense benefit to us...the larger family, then 1 year may be considered
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Raypawer(m): 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2013
190:

unto say wetin - does she vomit gold
or spit hard currency

is she white

on point!
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by bebe2(f): 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2013
Guys of these days shud grow some balls. In those days, if my boyfriend even know say person toast me i no run to the other direction or even touch me dats it. Big wahala, talkless of u chatting wit a girl dat says she get bobo, and she dey obviously sleep with dat one and u r waiting for ur turn. U guys shud just be doing it together

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abuja Women Now Book Uber For Sex With The Drivers, Not For Ride (Video) / How I Caught Her Cheating. What Should I Do? / This Soon-to-wed Bride Dating A Triplet Can’t Keep Calm (photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61