Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal (65276 Views)

After She/he Finally Accept Your Proposal Then What's The Next Step / How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? / Dating Someone You Like: How Long Should You Wait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Czarskit(m): 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
Karma's a bitch and you're about to snatch her from her man.

edogu: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Say Yes To Your Proposal

I met this girl late last year and my intention was made known to her.

She told me dat she has a boyfriend and that i should give her time to think over it.

Its getting to four months and she is yet to giv me any reply. The funny thing is that her family assumes dat we already on date including my own family. Obviously i love her with my whole heart and am willing 2 settle down with her.

My question now is how long are you willing to wait before a girl can say yes to your proposal.

Please i need your advice. We keep in touch almost everyday. Actually am ready to wait until she is ready to yes but what i cant tell is if she is just playing along or what.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Czarskit(m): 7:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
Why did bit*h turn to bitch?!? angry
What happened to freedom of expression? undecided
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2013
@ffo: am 26 going 27. Y do u ask
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Stonekay(m): 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2013
I wanna commend u 4 ur strong sentimental xpressn u av for d girl by burstin it out(ur 99.99% feelin) for an advice to b summon,it really xplain hw much u truely luv her...askd if she truely luv dat her current bf because for her to make it known to u dat she currently servin a guy..sth shud xplained to u dat she might luv him and meanwhile she wud also want to av 2nd choice whch appeared to b u...because u earlier stated it dat"she avin difficulty wit d current guy".
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by AdexOmoby(f): 8:19pm On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: @aluta: pls u misunderstd me. By proposal i dont mean settling down wit her immediately but asking her out as in boyfriend/girlfriend rship. I tried 2 find out abt her present rship so dat i can wait or move on. Well she told me she is not happy wit his present boyfriend cos of reasons best known 2 her. But then she keep mentioning him whenever we re chatting on d phone, though not often. Now do u think four months or more is too long 2 wait 4 any girl or should i move on. Am ready 2 wait since she wz d one dat ask me 2 giv her time but my other mind tells me she's just playing along So what do u think
You know there is this things about a lady feeling special when a guy is asking her out despite been in a relationship. I think that is what she is up too...She didnt give you a specific answer as such you cant keep waiting forever. In as much as I tell ladies that their response determines whether the relationship would start or not, they also have to understand that guys CAN NOT wait forever. Please ,move on. Obviously, she does not know what she wants, if she does, she would have given you a more specific answer like, 'Okay give me some time to break up with my bobo, or 'Please, I am not interested. I am in a relationship, if you came earlier, it would have been better'. If she had told you she is going to break up with the guy she is presently dating, that would have been a better response than saying she is not happy with him because of reasons best known to her? What reasons and why cant she tell you? Please move on oooo...Secondly, 4 months is not too long because some ladies really do need some time. However, such ladies are those who already know what they want and are specific. When my bobo asked me out, I told him I would go out with him but however, he should give me some time to finish school because I did not think I would be able to cope. He waited 6 months because I had already told him I would go out with him when I am ready(Finishing school). He waited because he knew his waiting was not in vain. That is a kind of response you need oo my friend.
Do not mind my long stories! Take care!
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
Temi 23: @OP, if you really want her, you gat to wait for her and let her decide whether to go for you or the present boyfriend. Haba!!! 4 month is not long now, what is wrong with you guys of nowadays that always run out of patient.
Actually i had never wanted to respond but i just have to respond to this. You say 4month is not long kee? How do you mean four month is not long? Please explain yourself
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 8:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
2 all who think i ve d intention 2 snatch her man u all got it wrong. When i told her abt my interest in her she ask me 2 giv her time dat she has a boyfriend. I wantd 2 find out hw strong d rship wz so dat i can move on. Well she told me at d@ moment dat she wz having problem wit her guy. Reason? He doesnt not giv her d attention d way she wants. I even encouragd her 2 cont wit d rship n dat we can both b best of friends. One certain time i even sent her a text asking her if she wz bored she can visit her bf. Her reply wz d@ am pushing her 2 do what she doesnt want 2 do. She followd it up wit whether i want her 2 enter one chance. One val day, i bought a gift w i courierd 2 her. I got text dt 9t dt i shld giv her chance 2 resolve all complication involvd in her current rship n dt she doesnt want me 2 get hurt along d line. During dis easter i spent so much time wit her b4 going back 2 ph 2 cont wit my MA programme. I got a text a 9t b4 d day i traveld dat am lovely, good person, awesome..bla..bla..bla. 4 me dis is pretenc, by pretenc i mean she likes me but she is trying not 2 show it. How do i know? Sometimes she always is d one dat calls my line all d times even when i try 2 warn her abt spending her airtime recklessly. According 2 her family hates her current boyfriend. Ironically, d ve acceptd me may b cos d re our family friend. Like i said in my earlier i ve tried giv her all d attention she deserve- i took her out which her current boyfriend never did 4 her as well celebratd her birthday wit. 4 me my next action is ignore her 4 lik few months n wait 4 her reaction. Above all i ve committed everything 2 God.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by AdexOmoby(f): 8:29pm On Apr 10, 2013
Zinosalexander: as a rule, if a girl says she has a boyfriend, you should leave her alone.

If she says yes to you, then she is either a cheater or she left the boyfriend because you are "the greener pasture" and she will leave you the next time she find "a greener pasture"

Else, she is the faithfull type, and will not leave her boyfriend for you.

Its a lose-lose situation for you.

And no, you cannot be "just friends". It's just torture.

#mycrazyadvice
It is not a crazy advice, it is the plain truth!I am in a relationship. For guys who come ask my hand for a relationship, I simply tell them, I am hooked ooo, look else where. No need for trying to rethink of bother my pretty small brain. For those who wanna pester me, trying to know if I am a cheat or am looking for greener pastures, I tell my bobo about it, no secrets and I also stand my grounds. If the guy wanna be my friend, it up to him. If he does not, it really up to him.Most times on the other hand, guys leave me alone once I say am in a relationship and that beautiful. No unnecessary! pressure
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
When you actually love someone, you will wait no matter how long it may take. Let me explain my ordeal to you. Deir was this gal i fell in love with 3yrs ago and i never told her until last year August. The reason being is that i wanted to be sure if she is actually my soul mate. You know the funniest part of the game is that i had waited 9months waiting for reply from this gal and she is still telling me to wait. Along the line, 6 gals who could not hold their feelings towards me propose to me. Now i am just giving her till the end of August so that i will know it has completed one year and no response.
But, if no response after this period, i will forget about her and carry on with my life. All am trying to say is that if you truly love someone, you will wait no matter what.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by clnzo: 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
Don't decieve urself!
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
@kgdavid: i cam here 4 advice n not 2 b insulted. As far as am concern my conscienc is free. I askd her abt her current rship but she said yes dat she has a boyfriend but d guy is not treating her well. My intention wz 2 back out but she insisted on me giving her time. She is not just any type of girl. 4 me she has everything dt a man wants 4rm a lady except dt she is stubborn at times but dt is mostly thru phone.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by armadeo(m): 8:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
ffo:

OP, IF I MAY ASK, HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Hope u've answered this and if u are above 26 max thunder fire U.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by AdexOmoby(f): 8:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: 2 all who think i ve d intention 2 snatch her man u all got it wrong. When i told her abt my interest in her she ask me 2 giv her time dat she has a boyfriend. I wantd 2 find out hw strong d rship wz so dat i can move on. Well she told me at d@ moment dat she wz having problem wit her guy. Reason? He doesnt not giv her d attention d way she wants. I even encouragd her 2 cont wit d rship n dat we can both b best of friends. One certain time i even sent her a text asking her if she wz bored she can visit her bf. Her reply wz d@ am pushing her 2 do what she doesnt want 2 do. She followd it up wit whether i want her 2 enter one chance. One val day, i bought a gift w i courierd 2 her. I got text dt 9t dt i shld giv her chance 2 resolve all complication involvd in her current rship n dt she doesnt want me 2 get hurt along d line. During dis easter i spent so much time wit her b4 going back 2 ph 2 cont wit my MA programme. I got a text a 9t b4 d day i traveld dat am lovely, good person, awesome..bla..bla..bla. 4 me dis is pretenc, by pretenc i mean she likes me but she is trying not 2 show it. How do i know? Sometimes she always is d one dat calls my line all d times even when i try 2 warn her abt spending her airtime recklessly. According 2 her family hates her current boyfriend. Ironically, d ve acceptd me may b cos d re our family friend. Like i said in my earlier i ve tried giv her all d attention she deserve- i took her out which her current boyfriend never did 4 her as well celebratd her birthday wit. 4 me my next action is ignore her 4 lik few months n wait 4 her reaction. Above all i ve committed everything 2 God.
Would you mind keep waiting for her to sort it out with her boyfriend? If you do not mind, you can wait ooo...For me, like I said earlier, you need a more specific answer than all this...
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by kolexy(m): 8:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: @aluta: do u think its wise 4 me 2 ask her abt my position on dis or shld i just 4get her and move on. 4 me i c her as somebody who doesnt understd what she wants. She jst turned 18. Another funny thing abt this is dat she spend more time calling me including mid 9t calls. By d way nobody is trying 2 play mugu here. I mak time 4 her and she does same 4 me. She ask me 2 giv her time. My question is how long is 2 long 2 wait.

You want to settle down with a kid that's just 18? Na wa ooo!
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by etoroh: 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2013
32-D:

4 freaking months my brother is ur name AKPAN? , u r simply on her waiting list, while she tries to see if it will work out with her boyfy or not. Na dat waiting list u go dey wey she go carry her wedding IV come meet u.

32-D u r a pig. How dare u bring AKPAN'S NAME in to the matter? Cant u call it ur own village name? Maligned idiot
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Kanuchy: 9:10pm On Apr 10, 2013
Love is for those who can't get laid.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Liberal2020: 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2013
190: 20minutes if shes Nigerian
and if no response, hell im moving to the next girl

But if shes white
Im prepared to wait 3 years angry

If she is white? 3 yrs is nothing. Ballpark of 7 yrs, I will wait. The former, Nigerian women, I don't date or look at their faces. If you want a peaceful and happy life, go marry yourself a white woman or hispanic woman. Trust me for those of you who may want to attack me, let me tell you this...I have tasted both sides of it( Nigerian women and whites/Hispanics). Have never known peace in life than now. In fact, I love life now...didn't know life was this sweet. kai!
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Say Yes To Your Proposal

I met this girl late last year and my intention was made known to her.

She told me dat she has a boyfriend and that i should give her time to think over it.

Its getting to four months and she is yet to giv me any reply. The funny thing is that her family assumes dat we already on date including my own family. Obviously i love her with my whole heart and am willing 2 settle down with her.

My question now is how long are you willing to wait before a girl can say yes to your proposal.

Please i need your advice. We keep in touch almost everyday. Actually am ready to wait until she is ready to yes but what i cant tell is if she is just playing along or what.

She'll come to chop your dollars when she's done with her bf.

Leave that poor gal alone.

Go and find a single girl.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2013
Liberal2020:

If she is white? 3 yrs is nothing. Ballpark of 7 yrs, I will wait. The former, Nigerian women, I don't date or look at their faces. If you want a peaceful and happy life, go marry yourself a white woman or hispanic woman. Trust me for those of you who may want to attack me, let me tell you this...I have tasted both sides of it( Nigerian women and whites/Hispanics). Have never known peace in life than now. In fact, I love life now...didn't know life was this sweet. kai!

Lol. 7 is nothing my bro.
For a white girl, we nggas should wait 20 yrs for them to let us sniff their oxygen.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
Read her mind
And use your senses
The longetivity depend on individual differences
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by eldoradoxx: 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
190:

unto say wetin - does she vomit gold
or spit hard currency

is she white
whatz this arrant stuipidtty about being white ? Is there anything in white ladies bodies that is not in black woman ? Our ladies are even better endowed,sweeter to be with than oyinbo albinos. Go to TB Joshua for deliverance from spirit of inferiority complex.

Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
My dear u love her u r 100% sure but shez not shez doubtn for 4 month still counting o u ur slf can u settle wit some1 dats iz nt 100% if she loves u
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by 1stola: 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: @Exponential: thanks 4 ur comment. I dont know if she communicates always wit her boyfriend. As 4 d two of us, we communicate almost every 2days. During this easter break, i spent most of my time in dr house, took her out and made her birthday special 4 her. As 4 her boyfriend, she always complain of him not giving her d attention dat she needs. The funny side of whole thing is dat while she complains of him, she stil brings it up whenever we re chatting on phone, although not always. And when i try 2 discuss d issue wit her wit open mind, she wil get flared up. Like i said earlier in one of my posts, am willing 2 wait sinc am yet 2 get a job n am stil doing my ma programme stil my concern is whether she's jst playing along. However, she is a very nice, intellimient, smart n a decent girl but can be stuborn at times (although i dont blame her 4 dis considering her age- 18 while am 26) Her family seems 2 ve accepted me but 4 her she's a type of girl dat does nt depend much on pple's opinion - a radical type of girl.

U MUST BE A P.E.D.O.PHIL....
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by seniormallam(m): 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2013
@OP if u ar a student or job applicant then u hav all d right to wait until u get her message clearly, mayb through insult or slap, bt if u hav a job nt work, then u don't need to wait, jst let her know u ar working, jst tell her ur allowance nt ur salary, she on her own will multiply ur allowance by 3 nd authomatically guess ur salary, she go fall for u straight...............
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Boss13: 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
@OP I will advise u as an elder bro n a professional in this cat n mouse race called relationship.
That gal is 18yrs, 8yrs younger than you n way off your league. She luvs her bf terribly mayb cos he's d first to eat out of d cookie jar n d 1st to win her luv. To her ur a big uncle to cry to n complain of loneliness.

ADVICE - don't b a fall guy. You need to give her some space, huge space or else you will break your heart - especially when d bf finds out that anoda lion is entering into d territory n he begins to perform his bf duties.
When she gets more matured n surely she will, she might come to you. But honestly if I were you, I would go play with chics on d same mental plane.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by larryjayz: 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: @190: she's not just any girl. She is d kind of girl any would want 2 b wit.
wetin? is her punana laced with gold and diamond
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by edogu(m): 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
@Boss13: thanks so much. I appreciat ur advice
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by victorD3: 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2013
edogu: @190: this is not funny. D girl in question is a decent girl. Ur positiv reply is all dat i need now.

What's her phone number?
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Esquireadedas: 10:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
U jus av 2 keep on pressurizing her,by doin so she wuldnt rest until she finally voice out..it a matter of tym.keep on talking to her.U jus av 2 keep on pressurizing her,by doin so she wuldnt rest until she finally voice out..it a matter of tym.keep on talking to her.U jus av 2 keep on pressurizing her,by doin so she wuldnt rest until she finally voice out..it a matter of tym.keep on talking to her.
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Liberal2020: 10:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
sheyie2007: All of you that are looking for white girls, ori gbogbo yin ti daru lipsrsealed

You see why I want that white woman. Can't put up with shit like this!
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by Liberal2020: 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
sheyie2007: All of you that are looking for white girls, ori gbogbo yin ti daru lipsrsealed
You see why I want that white woman. Can't put up with sh$it like this!
Re: How Long Can You Wait For A Girl To Accept Your Proposal by kunlefox(m): 10:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dude! Hard truth is you are just a substitute and you're ready to stay that way.
And she's 18,you're 27...talk about being in the wrong places, that's exactly where you both are.
Man! An 18yr old girl doesn't wanna be serious and shit like you wanna be,just move on!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Twitter Slay Queen Who Cheated On Boyfriend With Twitter Slay King Trends Online / Ehi Ogbebor & Kenneth Bramor In A Rolls Royce For Their 1st Outing After Wedding / Pre-Wedding Pictures Of A Nigerian Groom And His Korean Bride

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71