Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. (7049 Views)

I'm Hitting On A 42-year Old Woman And She's Down. / Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? / Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by QueenRAW(f): 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
From my experience, I've always recieved a lot of attenetion, so I see the validity in your issue.However, the beautiful women I know, myself included, are used to the attention and know how to diplomatically turn down and put a stop to unwanted attention.Plus most men wont approach a beautiful woman, being that a well presented, confident woman , who happens to be beautiful as well, is not easily approached.Most men don't have the confidence nor gall to approach a gorgeous women, assuming that he is out of her league. And married men are aware that unless they are already goingto leave their wive or have a lot of toasting money, they have no chance with such a beautiful woman. Unless its a woman with low self esteem.
I've also come to notice that really beautiful women do not recieve alot of compliments, because most men assume she's heard such compliments a million times and will not be fazed nor impressed with his compliments.Men looking and staring is one thing, but if you are constantly being approached, that is another. What makes these men feel as if they even have a chance to be with you? Do you live in a place with a lot of plain looking people?

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by baralatie(m): 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
@op! 1st let us start wit God created every woman ON EARTH EXTRAORDINARY BEAUTIFUL.

Now to the mata at hand.al over Nigeria,we find some men who are married always in the habit of chasing after girls weda single or not.u see thes every
+school
+office
+market place
+bus park etc
it is a nightmare 4 women who dnt want any kind of problem.
But the fact is,as for thousand of years that these men av been disturbing women.so also valiant women av risen overcoming their pressure and keeping a clear conscience.
Imagin it this way:u can a valiant woman or the fearful type.
So many tings to talk about but 1 step at a time.learn how to ignore mar men who wud not do anytin gud and rem positiv about urself!

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by baralatie(m): 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2013
QueenR.A.W:
From my experience, I've always recieved a lot of attenetion, so I see the validity in your issue.However, the beautiful women I know, myself included, are used to the attention and know how to diplomatically turn down and put a stop to unwanted attention.Plus most men wont approach a beautiful woman, being that a well presented, confident woman , who happens to be beautiful as well, is not easily approached.Most men don't have the confidence nor gall to approach a gorgeous women, assuming that he is out of her league. And married men are aware that unless they are already goingto leave their wive or have a lot of toasting money, they have no chance with such a beautiful woman. Unless its a woman with low self esteem.
I've also come to notice that really beautiful women do not recieve alot of compliments, because most men assume she's heard such compliments a million times and will not be fazed nor impressed with his compliments.Men looking and staring is one thing, but if you are constantly being approached, that is another. What makes these men feel as if they even have a chance to be with you? Do you live in a place with a lot of plain looking people?
dat means u dnt know the level.i know a girl dat was serious.fam had to get her a car and a personal female chafeur.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by EvyE: 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
HisRib:

Absolutely not! I'm a young professional woman. I come across professional men all the time and each time I have to deal with the same issue. Sometimes you think educated men will act differently, but nope, they are all the same. I've spoken to other young beautiful women in my profession and they all share my sentiments.

i don't buy this your story sister. Most of us here on NL are young beautiful educated and very professional too and we stay and work in areas full of such ppl but becoz we dont come across as cheap , you dont see evry dick head trying their chance on us. Men actually feel intimidated. sister u r a lier

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by QueenRAW(f): 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
baralatie:
dat means u dnt know the level.i know a girl dat was serious.fam had to get her a car and a personal female chafeur.
I think it also depends on where you reside.Where I live , there's an abundance of beautiful women. Beautiful faces, beautiful bodies.Some with both, some with one or the other. A beautiful younglady, not a woman, but someone still seen as girl, may need such protection.A Grown woman, especially in the state's, must learn how to deal with such unwanted advances on her own. Unless you have a stalker, its really not that serious.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
And that's how she came to advertise herself. You should have just posted ur picture also.
Talk is cheap!
Deal with it. Ure not miss world angry
Nobody wey no fine.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by EvyE: 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
mZ sleeq: And that's how she came to advertise herself. You should have just posted ur picture also.
Talk is cheap!
Deal with it. Ure not miss world angry
Nobody wey no fine.

i get the feeling that the poster is from a very backward area and all of a sudden found herself in a very advanced area and is overwhelmed by the new things she see. she is not used to finer things in life nor is she used to getting respect from the opposite sex

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by borntobegr8t(m): 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
For all of u who wana see her beautiful pix..here it is grin

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by baralatie(m): 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
QueenR.A.W:
I think it also depends on where you reside.Where I live , there's an abundance of beautiful women. Beautiful faces, beautiful bodies.Some with both, some with one or the other. A beautiful younglady, not a woman, but someone still seen as girl, may need such protection.A Grown woman, especially in the state's, must learn how to deal with such unwanted advances on her own. Unless you have a stalker, its really not that serious.
yes,4 a girl protection!now 4 a grown women it is dif ball game.the issue is a woman wil not lik a persisting,continous request and if she is nt equip wit the power to say 'no' witout offense to her own conscience .it become frustrating.
Hw do i knw.there was a female consultant jst arrvd (dark complexn andtal 6ft)ha phn no dey tire.one day she walkd to her h.o.d compland she want to go bk dat shez fed up!she said mr. Bla no leav am for neck!SHE & hod went out at brk tim somwhere.only for this woman to combak wit serious anger issues.
Summary,d woman nearly murdered mr. Bla in cold blood at the office.
Not easy for som.just pray for them to be able to pul thro succesfuly.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2013
@Evy E. You have a point there.
@ OP if you think you are the only beautiful, talented, Educated.....and what nots that married men follow around. Then u must be living under a rock.
Male attention can't be avoided, even if the female is a slowpoke. You just have to work around it. I don tire for all these kain threads.
If not, dem don say make u use acid. No be me talk am oo.
Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by taiwolawal13: 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
Dont woorry. By the 30s when ur orange (.)(.) turn yam den go rest bt den na u dey chase dem or him about to come home at nite
Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by baralatie(m): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
taiwolawal13: Dont woorry. By the 30s when ur orange (.)(.) turn yam den go rest bt den na u dey chase dem or him about to come home at nite
u dont understand,do u?a whole sarah(60yr+) was been chased by a pharoah who had oda girls to chase.it tok God interventn for her!

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by majalisa(m): 5:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
CastingCrowns: I feel ur pain@OP...really do
wat pain?
Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 28, 2013
HisRib:

Looks like I have a stalker. Wonderful. Unlike you, I will not post pictures of myself on a public forum to create uncessary attention and embarrass my man.

I gave you constructive criticism. If you want to keep your man, change your ways.

She is "pressed" sis.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by mashnino(m): 1:42am On Nov 28, 2013
HisRib: I am so tired of men trying to date me, especially married men. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so pretty. It's so frustrating.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by HisRib(f): 2:11am On Nov 28, 2013
Evy E:

i don't buy this your story sister. Most of us here on NL are young beautiful educated and very professional too and we stay and work in areas full of such ppl but becoz we dont come across as cheap , you dont see evry dick head trying their chance on us. Men actually feel intimidated. sister u r a lier

I don't have a reason to lie. Sorry.
Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by HisRib(f): 2:18am On Nov 28, 2013
QueenR.A.W:

I live in a place with a lot of plain people and not many black people. I get hit on by lots of white men and surprisingly Arab men as well. There are quite a few Africans here, and those ones as expected always hit on me. Last year I went to a business meeting with a man I truly looked up to. At the meeting he tried to change the conversation multiple times and seeing that I was a very young woman, he thought he could fool me into doing something with him. But of course I put him in place. I reminded him that he was a married man and I of course am in a relationship.

I didn't start this thread to brag about anything. I just wanted to hear the opinion of women who deal with the same issues I deal with on a daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by HisRib(f): 2:23am On Nov 28, 2013
FlowerPower:

What I have found is that if I dress very modestly (hair wrapped with a long loose dress), men will avoid me. Otherwise they are making goo goo eyes and trying to get my number. It's shame you have to go to such extremes, but it does get tiring after awhile.

Hahaha! you are so right. I feel like I have to dress like a bum in order to avoid male attention. The attention I get from my boo is enough for me!

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by 9jagirl4re(f): 2:32am On Nov 28, 2013
Enjoy it while it lasts when you get old and wrinkled then you won't get it. I always thank them for the compliment and tell them I'm not interested. The way you carry yourself will let them know that you are serious, when you say your not interested with your mouth your body language has to match or they will think you're playing hard to get. When you stop getting the attention is when you better worry tongue

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by 9jagirl4re(f): 2:35am On Nov 28, 2013
HisRib:

Hahaha! you are so right. I feel like I have to dress like a bum in order to avoid male attention. The attention I get from my boo is enough for me!
So do you dress revealing, that can be your problem too they may think your for sale by the way you dress.
Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by HisRib(f): 2:35am On Nov 28, 2013
9jagirl4re: Enjoy it while it lasts when you get old and wrinkled then you won't get it. I always thank them for the compliment and tell them I'm not interested. The way you carry yourself will let them know that you are serious, when you say your not interested with your mouth your body language has to match or they will think you're playing hard to get. When you stop getting the attention is when you better worry tongue

The attention I get from my boo is enough for me. I don't crave male attention like some females.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 28, 2013
tpia@:
Beautiful women are a dime a dozen though.

And men who play the field, generally do not discriminate when they do so, if they're hard core womanizers.

Dont be surprised if you find yourself competing with the groundnut seller for the married and single men's attention.
That babe is a learner.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by HisRib(f): 3:03am On Nov 28, 2013
9jagirl4re: So do you dress revealing, that can be your problem too they may think your for sale by the way you dress.

No I don't dress revealing. I dress like a professional. I have a reputation to protect. I can't be dressing anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by Seun(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2013
HisRib: I am so tired of men trying to date me, especially married men. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so pretty. It's so frustrating.
Stop wearing makeup and stop wearing revealing dresses. Wear thick-rimmed glasses and don't waddle like a duck. Problem solved.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by baralatie(m): 11:02am On Nov 28, 2013
Seun: Stop wearing makeup and stop wearing revealing dresses. Wear thick-rimmed glasses and don't waddle like a duck. Problem solved.
what u dont knw is dat married men who chase single ladies come in various shades,there is a particular clique that chase exactly this type of 'holy looking girls'
the best weapon has always been discretion and a big 'no'.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by Seun(m): 11:20am On Nov 28, 2013
baralatie: what u dont knw is dat married men who chase single ladies come in various shades,there is a particular clique that chase exactly this type of 'holy looking girls'.
I'm sure that being chased by that weird little clique would be a vast improvement on being chased by every man who sets his eyes on you.
My point is that, in practice, women who complain about being approached by too many men are usually doing many things to attract them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by baralatie(m): 12:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
Seun:
I'm sure that being chased by that weird little clique would be a vast improvement on being chased by every man who sets his eyes on you.
My point is that, in practice, women who complain about being approached by too many men are usually doing many things to attract them.

broda,i tink in this case u should consider her side of the story but u are not listening to what she is saying.go throu al her comments.u wil notice exactly her complaint and.the temption she is facing has nothing to do with the dress,make up,piety.to these men is about power:
+dey believ dey can get any woman as long as it involve money!they dnt care wether u singl or not!
Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by Seun(m): 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
baralatie: broda,i tink in this case u should consider her side of the story but u are not listening to what she is saying.go throu al her comments.u wil notice exactly her complaint and.the temption she is facing has nothing to do with the dress,make up,piety.to these men is about power:
+dey believ dey can get any woman as long as it involve money!they dnt care wether u singl or not!
You're probably right. It's a very long thread though. Maybe I shouldn't have posted on a thread I had no intention of reading to the end. embarassed
Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by Agybabe(f): 1:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
I believe that beautiful girls don't make noise. Pocket the sentiments!
Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by HisRib(f): 1:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
Agybabe: I believe that beautiful girls don't make noise. Pocket the sentiments!

Whatever rocks your boat. :-)
Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by baralatie(m): 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Agybabe: I believe that beautiful girls don't make noise. Pocket the sentiments!
what is it do u av against a woman being vocal!
Re: Sometimes I Wish I Was Ugly So That Man Would Stop Hitting On Me. by Chilug(m): 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
HisRib:

Absolutely not! I'm a young professional woman. I come across professional men all the time and each time I have to deal with the same issue. Sometimes you think educated men will act differently, but nope, they are all the same. I've spoken to other young beautiful women in my profession and they all share my sentiments.
Dis ur topic nd d way u d yarn d choke me sef. Simply irritated. Shebe na attention u want, congrat u don get am. Abeg fresh asir. Vivica A fox

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Cried After Kissing Me. / Advice Me: My Wife Makes Me Go To Bed At 8.30pm Every Night (picture ) / See What This Hot Lady Was Seen Doing Secretly In Her Bedroom (photos +video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.