Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? (4529 Views)

(photo) Can Nigerian Men Be This Romantic?? / Should Men Be Dragged To The Altar / Why Can't Men Be Straightforward With Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2013
Do you guys think it's okay for a guy who has NO money to have a girldriend?

Let's be realistic for one second.

I don't think I could date someone who can't buy me beautiful roses here and there, take me to a nic restaurant during the weekend or spoil me with little gifts here and there.

I am not saying he has to be rich but he can't be broke. A man's gotta hold his own.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 10, 2013
Cray!!

Broke men should only be allowed to look for a darn job and get their ish together!

There's no romance without finance... tongue

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2013
undecided
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Imprida(f): 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2013
Yes its not all about money but love

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by buchito1(m): 9:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
love my ASS!!!! Uve nt seen wen begger dey date Broke men dnt ave rite 2 luv Naija gurls ehnnn!!! No moni no luv!
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by buchito1(m): 9:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
see ow dem jez dey hide my post!!! Nawa 2 NL!
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2013
Lol. And women wonder why many men feel unobligated to stay with one partner? @OP, there's no crime rejecting a man's advances or spurning his love were he to fall on hard times. The problem, I believe, is when this fellow hits it big and decides to make up for lost time. And, of course, trust women to play victim. And then you get situations like this https://www.nairaland.com/940880/plz-judge-me-wicked.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by DigitalSignal(m): 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2013
HisRib: Do you guys think it's okay for a guy who has NO money to have a girldriend?

I don't think I could date someone who can't buy me beautiful roses here and there, take me to a nic restaurant during the weekend or spoil me with little gifts here and there.

I am not saying he has to be rich but he can't be broke. A man's gotta hold his own.

Yes they should be allowed to date!
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by switdick(m): 10:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
In as much as I think dates and relationship are also sweet with the broke arsSses....

I Still manage to kinda agree with you ...

Men Should help themselves too,to uphold their ego,Show some amount of self worth and PriDe taking up a work to make ends meet before engaging themselves with anything attributed to relationship with the Female.

Let's face it,!!

2 Likes

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by fubbyy(m): 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
HisRib: Do you guys think it's okay for a guy who has NO money to have a girldriend?

this is why am praising ghanian girls in on of my receny threads, am in ghana now and I can tell you that they don't think like you(those I met though)

To be candid with you I get galz when I was broke , its not all about money, I think it has to do with charisma,charm,looks and a little bit of luck
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by GboyegaD(m): 10:42pm On Apr 10, 2013

Are you serious he has to be the one paying all the time? I never knew it is an unwritten law that a guy in relationship must spend his money buying gift for the girl he is dating without the lady thinking of reciprocating or even footing the bill sometimes.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 3:21am On Apr 11, 2013

Only a Nigerian girl can say this! undecided Bunch of leeches

4 Likes

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by tpia5: 6:36am On Apr 11, 2013
wow, another of those threads.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by tpia5: 6:39am On Apr 11, 2013
sauer:
Only a Nigerian girl can say this! undecided Bunch of leeches

you're either the op or working for him/her.

probably one of those touts who lose their senses as soon as they set foot outside the country.

or see a foreigner, whichever comes first.

HisRib: I'm African but not from Nigeria. I have a thing for Nigerian men. I think most are attractive & smart. But, I wonder if they marry women who aren't Nigerian?

I also have a few concerns about Nigerian men:
1) They are serial cheaters.
2) A lot of them use Juju to get rich.
3) Many are scam artists.
4) They are not very God-Fearing.
5) They aren't romantic.

Would a Nigerian man want to be with a girl like me?

Honest & Mature answers only please!

https://www.nairaland.com/976477/nigerian-men-marry-non-nigerian-girls

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by megawax8: 7:14am On Apr 11, 2013
sum ladiez baffle me a lot......instead of u to concentrate more on bin independent n havin d 'money' for urself,u r lukin for sum guy dat has laboured nyt n day to cum buy u roses?....
I guess in ur dictionary d 'nt broke' guyz cn date ani lady evn d acutely broke ones dat cnt evn afford to reply a txt,m sorry babe,NEWSFLASH:guyz SHULDNTnt date broke ass bitchiiiz too
jst cos a guy cn hav u cos he has moni dosnt min he cnt liv afta he hs gotten wat he 'actuali' wnted(beneath ur skirt),it jst makes u a 'pros-ti*wait for it*-TUTE!!!!'

we rily/seriously nid to change our perspectives on relationships generally!!!!
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by megawax8: 7:15am On Apr 11, 2013
sum ladiez baffle me a lot......instead of u to concentrate more on bin independent n havin d 'money' for urself,u r lukin for sum guy dat has laboured nyt n day to cum buy u roses?....
I guess in ur dictionary d 'nt broke' guyz cn date ani lady evn d acutely broke ones dat cnt evn afford to reply a txt,m sorry babe,NEWSFLASH:guyz SHULDNTnt date broke ass bitchiiiz too
jst cos a guy cn hav u cos he has moni dosnt min he cnt liv afta he hs gotten wat he 'actuali' wnted(beneath ur skirt),it jst makes u a 'pros-ti*wait for it*-TUTE!!!!'

we rily/seriously nid to change our perspectives on relationships generally!!!!
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by 190: 7:21am On Apr 11, 2013
they shouldnt even be allowed access to nairaland

because na them dey make life difficult for us the money moguls cool cool

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by stevecantrell: 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
What do u think ?

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Exponental(m): 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
@op, "broke" is a short period of tym wen u experience financial constraint. Wen d tym becomes longer than normal or too long, u are either poor (or bankrupt).

@topic...Every man has a right to date according to his ability.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by ejifranks(m): 2:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
of course!!!What a lady should be looking out for in a guy is if he has plans to make something good work out of his life financially and otherwise in the future or if he is just a lazy man who doesn't wanna work or even worse a dreamer. Dwelling on the present broke status of a guy who has passions and zeal to achieve great things and is working assiduously towards his dreams and goals is really not wise... So do the check and see where he fits...(sad thing is that most women look at the present though)

2 Likes

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Hugoboi(m): 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
shymexx: Cray!!

Broke men should only be allowed to look for a darn job and get their ish together!

There's no romance without finance... tongue

if we were in a bar right now, I'd buy you a full bottle of Veuve Cliquot just for the above quote
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2013
tpia@:

you're either the op or working for him/her.

probably one of those touts who lose their senses as soon as they set foot outside the country.

or see a foreigner, whichever comes first.

https://www.nairaland.com/976477/nigerian-men-marry-non-nigerian-girls
Such uncouthness! I see where they get it from now, typical Nigerian leeches angry
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 9:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
Men. do not be deceived or fooled. NO woman is yruly happy with a broke man. Deep down her heart she's not happy and probably wants to leave you. I don't care how Christian she claims to be. The reality is -- a man must be able to provide. If he can't, why is he a man?

He doesn't ahve to be rich or filthy rich. He just has to be able to please his woman in all manners.

That's my opinion.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 11, 2013
HisRib: Men. do not be deceived or fooled. NO woman is yruly happy with a broke man. Deep down her heart she's not happy and probably wants to leave you. I don't care how Christian she claims to be. The reality is -- a man must be able to provide. If he can't, why is he a man?

He doesn't ahve to be rich or filthy rich. He just has to be able to please his woman in all manners.

That's my opinion.
I can't believe this! What stops the woman from fending for herself? Is she not human? Must she depend on someone? I mean, is it just because she gives sex in return? Just think about it for a minute, is the man paying the woman for the sex he gets from her?
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by clemz85(m): 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
i never heard a virtous woman say this.
so rich guyz who use & dump women have a reason to justify them selves now

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by MrCork17: 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2013

...well they not allowed to *near* white women, light skin or half cast females!! angry
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2013

HisRib:
I personally think broke men should be allowed to date. Love knows no boundaries. Love has no conditions. If you truly love someone, whether they are rich or broke shouldn’t matter.
But I understand your concern. You want to make sure your man is able to take care of you – which is totally understandable.
I have seen a few of your posts. I believe you have some growing up to do.

Our publication just started a forum – you should join and create some stir there too. It’s fairly new.
Here is the link: http://afri-culture.com/forum/

With Love,

MissRaissa
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Scarpon(m): 1:46pm On Apr 12, 2013
this is y I hate Nigerian girls their are way to materialistic
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by saintvc(m): 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2013
Should ugly girls be dated
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2013
Should rich men allowed to date?? Answer me op
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
yet, broke babes like the OP want to date......what an irony!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2013
saintvc: Should ugly girls be dated

Should ugly men be dated?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Shut Your Eyes When You Kiss Your Girlfriend/boyfriend? / Ladies: Classiest Gift Ideas For Your Man Today [pictures] / See How Guys React When Beautiful Girl Enters The Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.