Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? (4531 Views)

(photo) Can Nigerian Men Be This Romantic?? / Should Men Be Dragged To The Altar / Why Can't Men Be Straightforward With Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 6:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
MRbrownJAY: yet, broke babes like the OP want to date......what an irony!!!!!

What makes you think I am broke? You are too funny. I am very far from broke, boo.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 6:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
I didn't say the man has to be rich! I simply said "he can't be broke."

In the words of Kanye West "I ain't saying she a gold digger, but she ain't messing with no broke n*gga"
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2013
HisRib: I didn't say the man has to be rich! I simply said "he can't be broke."

In the words of Kanye West "I ain't saying she a gold digger, but she ain't messing with no broke n*gga"

Ashewo alert!!!! In fact broke niggas shouldn't be allowed to date. In fact their di.c.ks should be cut off and they should be hung by the neck till they die. What you girls never fail to understand is that everything in life is in stages and people's success and earning power increase as they grow older. The question you should ask yourself is if u weren't there when he was hustling, why are u there now. Becasue guys are logical and would see ur greed.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Kosigift(f): 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2013
Exponental: @op, "broke" is a short period of tym wen u experience financial constraint. Wen d tym becomes longer than normal or too long, u are either poor (or bankrupt).

@topic...Every man has a right to date according to his ability.
on point.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
ejifranks: of course!!!What a lady should be looking out for in a guy is if he has plans to make something good work out of his life financially and otherwise in the future or if he is just a lazy man who doesn't wanna work or even worse a dreamer. Dwelling on the present broke status of a guy who has passions and zeal to achieve great things and is working assiduously towards his dreams and goals is really not wise... So do the check and see where he fits...(sad thing is that most women look at the present though)

+1
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dhrey: 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
i started dating ma girl 2years ago when i had nothing yet she is stil there 4 me,thank God 4 my life today,i have a gud job and financially ok.am proud of u ma oluwatosin.@op go and rethink.

2 Likes

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 13, 2013
HisRib:

What makes you think I am broke? You are too funny. I am very far from broke, boo.

then if you "love" someone, you do what is necessary to keep that love afloat. if you will drop (or disregard) a man you supposedly love, simply because he is broke, then you certainly have no idea what love is (or you are broke yourself). if cheap BS such as roses and restaurants have more value than your "love then i will suggest you reconsider your life priorities ASAP!

you may not be broke, but you certainly have a broke and desperate person's mentality (no offence to you)

3 Likes

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by switdick(m): 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
I think y'all getting the OP wrong, From what I understand it as,is before a guy engages himself in a relay or dates,he should at least have something doing as a man to spice it all up....

You can't just wake up with no direction in life as regarding your financial status and begin to think of dates...however,I do not dispute the notion of having something doing as the sole criterion for dates!!
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Kosigift(f): 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2013
switdick: I think y'all getting the OP wrong, From what I understand it as,is before a guy engages himself in a relay or dates,he should at least have something doing as a man to spice it all up....

You can't just wake up with no direction in life as regarding your financial status and begin to think of dates...however,I do not dispute the notion of having something doing as the sole criterion for dates!!
Are u kidding mi?? Having something doing should be d sole criterion for dates?? I want to bliev its an error buh looking at ur handle, I really don't kno wot to blieve anymore. Its ur opinion anyways... cheesy
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by switdick(m): 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
Kosigift: Are u kidding mi?? Having something doing should be d sole criterion for dates?? I want to bliev its an error buh looking at ur handle, I really don't kno wot to blieve anymore. Its ur opinion anyways... cheesy

And I don't wanna believe your reason for quoting me is solely to be turned on ??

My post is clear,,,it means I actually am against "Getting Something to do" as a whole criterion for dates,when other criteria such as Love,compatibility,etc Are factors too !

Please understand before you quote me. wink
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Kosigift(f): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
Oh well, y don't u read thru ur post again sir.. When u say u don't dispute wit sumfin it means u don't disagree wit dat tin, in odawords u r in agreement!
Anyways, gues it was an error. Sori 4 quoting u if dat got to u. Pls let's not derail...
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by switdick(m): 6:16pm On Apr 14, 2013
Kosigift: Oh well, y don't u read thru ur post again sir.. When u say u don't dispute wit sumfin it means u don't disagree wit dat tin, in odawords u r in agreement!
Anyways, gues it was an error. Sori 4 quoting u if dat got to u. Pls let's not derail...

I ain't mad..

I just wanted to correct the whole idea I think peeps here digested,being that, Getting something to do" as a major factor to engage themselves in a date...because,I think that's what they understood the poster was tryna pass across, which isn't ! You know what..Whatever girl ..LoL"

I'm indifferent anyways.. smiley
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by fitzmayowa: 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2013
sauer:
I can't believe this! What stops the woman from fending for herself? Is she not human? Must she depend on someone? I mean, is it just because she gives sex in return? Just think about it for a minute, is the man paying the woman for the sex he gets from her?
LMAO...guy you they vex ooo

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 14, 2013
-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by DigitalSignal(m): 9:24pm On Apr 14, 2013
switdick: I think y'all getting the OP wrong, From what I understand it as,is before a guy engages himself in a relay or dates,he should at least have something doing as a man to spice it all up....

Wow, unbelievable!
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by ceaz4r(m): 2:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
sauer:
I can't believe this! What stops the woman from fending for herself? Is she not human? Must she depend on someone? I mean, is it just because she gives sex in return? Just think about it for a minute, is the man paying the woman for the sex he gets from her?

May you leave long!
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dederocs(m): 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2013
HisRib: Do you guys think it's okay for a guy who has NO money to have a girldriend?

Let's be realistic for one second.

I don't think I could date someone who can't buy me beautiful roses here and there, take me to a nic restaurant during the weekend or spoil me with little gifts here and there.

I am not saying he has to be rich but he can't be broke. A man's gotta hold his own.
the question is-should dumb girls be paid attention....
you can not even spell simple words.stupid fool...am sure you are so ugly even Aristo no dey look your face.poor ass bitch.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Moyola(f): 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
. . .being in such situation shouldn't be a hindrance,
Everyone has a right to love & b loved cool

Go on! date whom ur heart desires
so long u r able to put up wiv such challenges, embarassed

whether or not yu'd b able to cope in such challenging situation
'll then depend on ur attitude,
ur intention, which may include ur quest for 'true love'
or ur ability to exercise ur gold diggin' rights and so on tongue
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dederocs(m): 3:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
HisRib: Men. do not be deceived or fooled. NO woman is yruly happy with a broke man. Deep down her heart she's not happy and probably wants to leave you. I don't care how Christian she claims to be. The reality is -- a man must be able to provide. If he can't, why is he a man?

He doesn't ahve to be rich or filthy rich. He just has to be able to please his woman in all manners.

That's my opinion.
Nigerians are not suffering like your country people.take your useless ugly self to congo where you come from.we have enough beautiful sexy ladies to satisfy us.we only need white Europeans not suffering black monkeys like you.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dederocs(m): 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hunnydropps: [color=#000099][/color] The question I have is:
Why shouldn't they be allowed to? Are they not human? Don't we all desire to love and be loved? A man may be poor financially but rich in heart. So as he is not using a woman, leeching off her whats the problem? Woman need to look within, yes we like men who can provide pretty things, assistance if we need help with a bill or something. BUT we can give people a fair chance too. Imagine a man down on his luck but treats you wonderful, is kind, understanding, respectful. The right woman will naturally spark a desire to improve his station so that he can increase the ways he can show his care or her...ie hustling to improve financially. The love and commitment a man develops for a woman that was there with him while he was down should not be underestimated. He will grant you access to all the benefits he acquires as he improves on the come up and ultimately give you the world when he 'makes it'. This does not mean that you're supporting him like a child but we as women can give more understanding and opportunity for a man to improve his lot. Also, not all gifts are bought with $ and I've found that the best gifts are the free kind and freely given from the heart. If you keep your eyes open it can be seen whether a particular man has potential and maybe just needs a good, kind woman to believe in him. I'm not suggesting woman to waste time on lazy men....Lord knows we've come too far to put up with that nonsense as women but some men just need a chance. Judge each person and their circumstances individually and compare their situation and potential to yours and determine if you're able to deal with what you find. ~ Good day to you all smiley
God bless you sister,you will get a good husband to treat you like the queen you are. smiley

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dederocs(m): 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
HisRib:

Bitch you are broke and rass-a fucking foreigner,what are doing in Nairaland-smelly shit.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Creamish(f): 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
Broke men are human and as human, they have as much rights as the rich. . . One man's meat is another man's poison. There will alwayz be a babe for dem. We all dont have equal money-making opportunities and one will not force a broke man into rituals just to satisfy a babe.

However, its not an excuse to lay on the roadside doing nuttn. . . He can always find sth doing to keep body n soul together as well as his pride.

Derz no rules to dating. It depends on what u want/ are okay with.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 4:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
Creamish: Broke men are human and as human, they have as much rights are the rich. . . One man's meat is another man's poison. There will alwayz be a babe for dem. We all dont have equal money-making opportunities and one will not force a broke man into rituals just to satisfy a babe.

However, its not an excuse to lay on the roadside doing nuttn. . . He can always find sth doing to keep body n soul together as well as his pride.

I NEVER said he has to be RICH. The word Rich never came out of my mouth. I said he has to HOLD his own! That's it.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dmcdad: 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2013
HisRib: Do you guys think it's okay for a guy who has NO money to have a girldriend?

Let's be realistic for one second.

I don't think I could date someone who can't buy me beautiful roses here and there, take me to a nic restaurant during the weekend or spoil me with little gifts here and there.

I am not saying he has to be rich but he can't be broke. A man's gotta hold his own.
Jeez!!! Are you serious or you kidding

The fact that a guy is broke means he is not entitled to love and the likes? Well, I can bet my life on this that you don't know what love is.

Good and fine, I know money plays the role of enhancing things and making the relationship more colourful amongst other treats. But c'mon, money can never bring love and money ain't love. Despite the fact that a lot of people deceive themselves these days that they are in love and all, doesn't mean they are really in love but lust or some other feelings of sought.

The fact is, a guy might be broke today and be heavily boxed-up tomorrow, so there is no need to underrate anyone. Anyways, that is not to say u shouldn't watch out for someone with direction and focus. But never you write anyone off and the fact that a guy is broke is not to say he cant love and be loved.

One other thing that is worth mentioning is the fact that, if the guy is to take you out every now and then or every once in a while, when will you give such treat to the guy too? Oh I get it, you are the type that believes in the men-should-take-full-responsibility-of-all thing right And tomorrow if the guy misbehaves all we hear is whining and the likes... If you know what is good for you, work your patch and see how things go and stop depending on a guy alone. Besides, men respect u more if you are not all that dependent on them...

I think u need to be more logical in viewing things else you will make costly mistakes..
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dmcdad: 4:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
Creamish: Broke men are human and as human, they have as much rights are the rich. . . One man's meat is another man's poison. There will alwayz be a babe for dem. We all dont have equal money-making opportunities and one will not force a broke man into rituals just to satisfy a babe.

Wow... Thank God there is someone with a good head here...

Nice one girl...
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Creamish(f): 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
HisRib:

I NEVER said he has to be RICH. The word Rich never came out of my mouth. I said he has to HOLD his own! That's it.

Kindly substitute RICH with HOLD HIS OWN. All otherz remain valid.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Creamish(f): 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
dmcdad:
Wow... Thank God there is someone with a good head here...

Nice one girl...

Thanx smiley
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2013
Hunnydropps: [color=#000099][/color] The question I have is:
Why shouldn't they be allowed to? Are they not human? Don't we all desire to love and be loved? A man may be poor financially but rich in heart. So as he is not using a woman, leeching off her whats the problem? Woman need to look within, yes we like men who can provide pretty things, assistance if we need help with a bill or something. BUT we can give people a fair chance too. Imagine a man down on his luck but treats you wonderful, is kind, understanding, respectful. The right woman will naturally spark a desire to improve his station so that he can increase the ways he can show his care or her...ie hustling to improve financially. The love and commitment a man develops for a woman that was there with him while he was down should not be underestimated. He will grant you access to all the benefits he acquires as he improves on the come up and ultimately give you the world when he 'makes it'. This does not mean that you're supporting him like a child but we as women can give more understanding and opportunity for a man to improve his lot. Also, not all gifts are bought with $ and I've found that the best gifts are the free kind and freely given from the heart. If you keep your eyes open it can be seen whether a particular man has potential and maybe just needs a good, kind woman to believe in him. I'm not suggesting woman to waste time on lazy men....Lord knows we've come too far to put up with that nonsense as women but some men just need a chance. Judge each person and their circumstances individually and compare their situation and potential to yours and determine if you're able to deal with what you find. ~ Good day to you all smiley

Child please, you are lying through your teeth. Girls like you are the first ones to marry broke men and then go and complain to anyone who has ears about how miserable your lives are.

Women have to stop lying to themselves.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Creamish(f): 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
HisRib:

Child please, you are lying through your teeth. Girls like you are the first ones to marry broke men and then go and complain to anyone who has ears about how miserable your lives are.

Women have to stop lying to themselves.

U'l never rily know someone until u wear that person's shoes. Dont judge her. U dont know her. Not all women are materialistic.

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
Creamish:

U'l never rily know someone until u wear that person's shoes. Dont judge her. U dont know her. Not all women are materialistic.

Judge her? You are telling me not to judge her but the rest of you have judged me. I am not saying a man needs to be rich, he just has to be able to take care of his woman. Lots of you women try to play that "good girl" role acting like you don't care about money but once you are married you will start creating problems because your husband has no money to buy this or that for you.

In life you need to know what YOU want. Why settle for less because you are afraid of what others will say about you?

I would prefer if you said, I will date a man who doesn't have much money as long as he's willing to work hard to change his situation. I can respect a woman who says that. I can't respect a woman who comes on here giving a fake ass speech to gain fans on a message board.

The same girls who 10 years from now will be crying about how much they are suffering in their "marital home." I don't care what ANYONE says. I will do what is BEST for me.

Let's get REAL please.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Creamish(f): 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2013
HisRib:

Judge her? You are telling me not to judge her but the rest of you have judged me. I am not saying a man needs to be rich, he just has to be able to take care of his woman. Lots of you women try to play that "good girl" role acting like you don't care about money but once you are married you will start creating problems because your husband has no money to buy this or that for you.

In life you need to know what YOU want. Why settle for less because you are afraid of what others will say about you?

I would prefer if you said, I will date a man who doesn't have much money as long as he's willing to work hard to change his situation. I can respect a woman who says that. I can't respect a woman who comes on here giving a fake ass speech to gain fans on a message board.

The same girls who 10 years from now will be crying about how much they are suffering in their "marital home." I don't care what ANYONE says. I will do what is BEST for me.

Let's get REAL please.

Babe calm down . . .

Firstly, i never judged u.

Secondly, refer back to my post where i said he has to get something doing inorder to keep body and soul as well as pride together . .

Iv been married for some years now and Im content with mine. U asked our opinion. We all dont have to agree with urs. If he is broke and his girl likes him broke, FINE by THEM. Its not ur place to correct the girl. To each his own. U want roses, look for a man whoz willing to buy u roses. Therez nottin bad in dat either. . no b fight.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
Creamish:

Babe calm down . . .

Firstly, i never judged u.

Secondly, refer back to my post where i said he has to get something doing inorder to keep body and soul as well as pride together . .

Iv been married for some years now and Im content with mine. U asked our opinion. We all dont have to agree with urs. If he is broke and his girl likes him broke, FINE by THEM. Its not ur place to correct the girl. To each his own. U want roses, look for a man whoz willing to buy u roses. Therez nottin bad in dat either. . no b fight.

Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Being Funny Ever Get You Laid ?? 18+ / When I Found Out The Meaning Of "Rainbow Kiss" / Ladies: Classiest Gift Ideas For Your Man Today [pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.