Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos (30206 Views)

7 Items Common To Every Student On Various Campus In Nigeria. / Cucumber Stuck on A UNN Female Student's Private Part During Masturbation / Policeman Fires At University Of Ibadan Student On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by 190: 8:55am On Apr 11, 2013
shits_happen:

if thunder strikes everyone's ex, I'm pretty sure we all would be dead.

angry
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 11, 2013
Akshow: get a life you pathetic ogbuefi swine. Bitterness and Envy kills. Tend to customer in your Oga spare part shop and leave forum discussion. Ewu Gambia
Hahahahaha.....the dude is a shameless tribalist! grin grin
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by ifyfaith: 8:56am On Apr 11, 2013
na her pple dey do her o,owo ile ni o,ki wan ya ti ese ile bo, no b ordinary tin o,i tink its spiritual and its some close to her cos y shld it b d day she wanted to start her WASSCE? no b ordinary o. i sympathize wit d family n pray dat such will neva happen again
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by 50calibre(m): 8:58am On Apr 11, 2013
Akshow: get a life you pathetic ogbuefi swine. Bitterness and Envy kills. Tend to customer in your Oga spare part shop and leave forum discussion. Ewu Gambia

Wait! Is spare part business supposed to be an insult? Because spare parts is a money spinner, well paid than even most white collar jobs, i even intend to start a spare parts business in the no distant future so I'm sorry on that issue, you just uplifted him.

3 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by jude33084(m): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2013
I thought they said lightening don't strike twice in one place undecided

May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 11, 2013
But it is a muslim college
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by Redhot111(m): 9:04am On Apr 11, 2013
What gods? Don't d gods knw d way to government house? Nonsense but RIP to d yung gal
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by showgolee(m): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2013
what rubbish gods is that, that can't start killing animals.
its just so pathetic.
only God knows what the girl has done in her past life.
RIP
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by DollyParton1(f): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2013
obadiah777: LORD KNOWS WHAT SHE DID IN PAST LIFE

If a nigerian youth reasons like this, I doubt if there is hope for nigeria.
Stupidity at its extreme

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by Man2utd(m): 9:06am On Apr 11, 2013
[quote author=Codedrock]

The family of a Senior SecondarySchool 3 female student of Muslim College Oworonsoki, Lagos, has been thrown into mourning after lightning struck and killed 19-year-old Celestina Farotide, who was about to start her final examination the same morning.

The victim’s father was said to be in shock and disbelief and had refused to show up to collect the corpse, saying, “It cannot be my daughter”.

The aunt of the deceased, Christiana Idowu, who described her as gentle, quiet and respectful said she saw her corpse in the hospital after the family received an emergency call from one of Celestina’s friends.

An eyewitness, who pleaded anonymity because she was notpermitted to talk to journalists, told Punch that the sad incident occurred on Monday.

She said, “We had finished with the morning assembly, but some students were still comingin. Celestina had prepared her desk in readiness for the West Africa Senior Secondary Certificate Examination’s practical they were to have that morning.”

It was learnt that she went out to buy the food she would eat and when she was returning to her class in company with otherstudents, tragedy struck.

“The lightning came in their direction and immediately threeof the school girls fell down. Two of them rose up and ran and Celestina rose up too. Then the lighteningt struck the second time, and she (Celestine)fell finally on the floor and did not rise again.

"She was immediately taken to the teachers’ staff room, where a teacher was asked to take herto the Gbagada General Hospital.It was there she was confirmed dead,” said an eyewitness.
Reacting to the girl's death, the traditional ruler of Oworonsoki, Oba Bashir Oloruntodupefun, said the gods are angry because Oworosoki land had been desecrated by strangers and that government is taking over ancestral lands and selling them to non-indigenes.

He said, “It’s a pity the girl died. The circumstances surrounding her death are mysterious because the girl was never sick. From what happened, we can all see the gods are making demands.
“The shrines that should be used for sacrifices have been swept away in water. And the land we have is being sold by government officials to their friends and they send military men to threaten us.

“Government needs to give us our land back. The real Oworo issubmerged in waters. We want them to help sand fill those places taken over by water because many cultural heritage has been lost. If this is done, evilwill no longer occur.”

The young girl will only be buried in the area after sacrifices had been made to appease the gods.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lightning-strikes-ss3-pupil-dead-on-exam-day/[/quote“The shrines that should be used for sacrifices have been swept away in water.]I laugh... Try Jehovah Elshaddal. His house can't be swept away by water. He has control over the waters and beyond...
[quote]
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by TableLeg(m): 9:06am On Apr 11, 2013
obadiah777: LORD KNOWS WHAT SHE DID IN PAST LIFE
You are DAFT!
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 11, 2013
Table Leg :

You are DAFT!
Dolly-Parton:

If a nigerian youth reasons like this, I doubt if there is hope for nigeria.
Stupidity at its extreme
ALL THIS BLACK ON BLACK CRIME GOTTA STOP. AM I MY BROTHERS KEEPER cry cry
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 11, 2013
IT WAS SANGO! angry
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by jude33084(m): 9:10am On Apr 11, 2013
Keneking: But it is a muslim college

MEANING,...?
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by jude33084(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2013
SO MUSLIMS HAVE SCHOOLS FOR THE PUBLIC TO ATTEND grin

NICE cool
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by Okijajuju1(m): 9:15am On Apr 11, 2013
Lightening does not strike twice in the same area.. angry The enemies are involved..

The gods must be appeased and quickly...
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by Airforce1(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2013

Another Iddiot spotted
First it was shollypoop the sango worshipper and now dis low life AKShow...

Gee, appease your stewpid hungry gods with that dangling piece of decoration inbetween your tiny bow maggot infested legs so as to save that community from another deadly thunder strike..

And please don't forget to sacrifice shollypooops left breaast too..

yorubaz should be used to appease yoruba gods and not the other way round

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by pmc01(m): 9:26am On Apr 11, 2013
Very painful indeed. And even more sad that the yeye Monarch is politicising the matter; when did life become so cheap and meaningless to my fellow countrymen? Sober reflection!
My sympathy with the family. May God grant them reprieve.
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by logica(m): 9:26am On Apr 11, 2013
Airforce1:

Only in SW u get to hear about some useless gods somewhere demanding for human heads to appease them

So the Otokoto saga occurred in Yoruba land right? How delusional and stu.pid can you be?

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by nmagirl(f): 9:32am On Apr 11, 2013
“Government needs to give us our land back. The real Oworo issubmerged in waters. We want them to help sand fill those places taken over by water because many cultural heritage has been lost. If this is done, evilwill no longer occur.”

Were the gods sleeping when their land was submerged in waters (including their shrines)?. Oba said the real oworo has been submerged in waters, so which one is being taken by govt nau, that means u r occupying a land that doesn't belong to u too.
Their gods has been drowned, so let them go n settle their case themselves and not shifting the blame to humans. they have eyes but cannot see, ear but cannot hear. The ultimate power is still d Almighty GOD!!
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by logica(m): 9:35am On Apr 11, 2013
donlyone:

my thoughts exactly, no one interviewed said any thing about a storm.
Its strange.
Lightning does strike WITHOUT a storm.
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 11, 2013
Ok quick question, is the ssce going on now, guys easy with the super story....
Just incase it is real, RIP
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by nbright: 9:40am On Apr 11, 2013
Rich Dad: That Monarch should be dethroned. What a rabbish. Fvck ya gods. May God grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss. RIP.
The gods must be crazy
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 11, 2013
jude33084: SO MUSLIMS HAVE SCHOOLS FOR THE PUBLIC TO ATTEND grin

NICE cool
And guess what? They even say morning devotion.... How sweet. I bet a couple of hail marys and our father wont be that bad..... This story is funny
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by iamDGOVNOR: 9:41am On Apr 11, 2013
This monarch has seen an opportunity to say all that has been boardering him...who cares?
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by sammmiey1: 9:42am On Apr 11, 2013
Airforce1:

Another Iddiot spotted
First it was shollypoop the sango worshipper and now dis low life AKShow...

Gee, appease your stewpid hungry gods with that dangling piece of decoration inbetween your tiny bow maggot infested legs so as to save that community from another deadly thunder strike..

And please don't forget to sacrifice shollypooops left breaast too..

yorubaz should be used to appease yoruba gods and not the other way round
u'r a dead stinking animal dat needs waste managemnt attension,I*diot

2 Likes

Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by segzyndpep(m): 9:42am On Apr 11, 2013
Maybe the girl don do won bad thing or someone sent it to her...its not natural to be sincere.....may God protect us
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by buklan4realyah(f): 9:44am On Apr 11, 2013
grin
190: are there now thunder's in Nigeria shocked shocked

hope it strikes my ex's too embarassed

*kilode*** grin grin grin na so im bad reach grin
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by uju22(f): 9:44am On Apr 11, 2013
Oba blaming the death on Government, wot nonsense is dat, talking about gods in this time hmmm hmmmm
Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by andyanders: 9:49am On Apr 11, 2013
Rich Dad: That Monarch should be dethroned. What a rabbish. Fvck ya gods. May God grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss. RIP.

My brother, don't mind these useless fetish Monarch saying they sold off their lands to non-indigenes and as such, the gods were angry which has lead to this young girl's death. I don't know why these animals who live in slums prefer their fetish practise to modern civilization.

1 Like

Re: Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos by andyanders: 9:51am On Apr 11, 2013
My brother, don't mind these useless fetish Monarch saying they sold off their lands to non-indigenes and as such, the gods were angry which has lead to this young girl's death. I don't know why these animals who live in slums prefer their fetish practise to modern civilization.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nairalander Bags 1st Class From OAU, Wins Highest Number Of Awards. / 16-year-old Boy Scores 311 In Utme / Student Kicked Out Of OAU In Final Year, Graduates With 1st Class From FUTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.