Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? (1207 Views)

Exclusive!: How Do You Come About Nairaland?. / Things I Don't Know About Nairaland. Am In Need Of Help / How Do You Feel About Nairaland Mods? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
I first heard about Nairaland on a TV programme about 2 to 3yrs ago. I guess it was during a talk show on AIT that one of the guests mentioned Nairaland. The name instantly made an impression and registered in my head.

From then I started visiting as a guest once in a while. I finally joined late last year out of anger to tame the rampaging LIARS and propagandists.

How did you get to know about Nairaland?
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by tomakint: 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I first heard about Nairaland on a TV programme about 2 to 3yrs ago. I guess it was during a talk show on AIT that one of the guests mentioned Nairaland. The name instantly made an impression and registered in my head.

From then I started visiting as a guest ones in a while. I finally joined late last year out of anger to tame the rampaging LIARS and propagandists.

Through a friend, and I have been a 'guest visitor' since 2008 but decided to join last year (April 6th, 2012) to do exactly what prompted you - fight the liars and bigots here to a standstill! wink
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by JMystique(m): 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
Must have been googling 4 stuff,visited 4 while then joined last year to see if I cud diss people...bt lost interest soon as I joined
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by awodman: 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2013
Was in desperate search for a one stop site ωнεяε I can get info on almost every issue that touches life.In the course of my search a friend referred me here.I checked it out and liked the site.Politics section became my favourite.Initially I refused commenting,but seeing a lot of wrong facts been bandied around in issues am quite sure am knowledgeable in,I decided to start commenting despite the name calling,backlash and abuses
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by mankevo(m): 3:57pm On Apr 13, 2013
Back in 2005/2006 it was a great SITE for job seekers during the employment boom brought about by Soludo's Banking Reform & Glo/MTn/Econet(Zain,Vodacom,Celtel..)entry/expansion. Every Corper (NYSC) know about the site, and many got into job industry through it. Registered back in 2006 and remained my ever self: Not getting glued to system fighting anyone AND Never letting go.

There wasn't these rampant abuses and ethnic hatred then.
Olden ays are always sweeter..... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Sibrah: 5:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
Look, i joined and paid the OP to join in order to secure my 2015 return to the number 1 sit of power.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I first heard about Nairaland on a TV programme about 2 to 3yrs ago. I guess it was during a talk show on AIT that one of the guests mentioned Nairaland. The name instantly made an impression and registered in my head.

From then I started visiting as a guest ones in a while. I finally joined late last year out of anger to tame the rampaging LIARS and propagandists.

very funny! so far have you succeeded in taming the rampaging liars and propagandists? you didn't succeed in Sahara Reporters and Punch (correct me if am wrong ),na for Nairaland you wan succeed? Sorry, you are on a failed mission!

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by EkoAtlantic: 5:40pm On Apr 13, 2013
berem: very funny! so far have you succeeded in taming the rampaging liars and propagandists? you didn't succeed in Sahara Reporters and Punch (correct me if am wrong ),na for Nairaland you wan succeed? Sorry, you are on a failed mission!

Fvcked up girl but u made me laugh sha cheesy
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by MEILYN(m): 5:48pm On Apr 13, 2013
i dont remember
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Fvcked up girl but u made me laugh sha cheesy
Did i? oya laugh at this "even his ancestors who were here before him have all left,Mission Impossible, or they came back with other monikers.smh "Sincere 9gerian...VOLTRON, DEFENDER OF PDP!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
Well I got to know about Nairaalnad sometime in 2007 when I went to buy Garri in one village Market
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Tolexander: 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
My uncle told me about it in 2008. He told me about how he laughed on seeing a thread of OAU's aluta throughout a night on the site.
I started visiting the site as a guest and not a registered member. My younger brother told me he had registered and that it doesn't make sense not contributing to the thread.
I registered and rarely comment until one day when i came across one mr globe's goof on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/987622/most-commercialized-industrialized-non-capital-cities.
Mr. Globe:

lol.. I saw that too but
decided to face the topic.
Detroit is the capital of
Michigan, Los Angeles for
California, Chicago for Illinois

and others but lets leave his
ignorance and face his
massage tho
I tried correcting the guy that day and he yabbed me. Since then i have become an ardent contributor.
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
anyway before i get carried away by Sickcere 9gerians comment, i knew about Nairaland from my kid sister when she gave me the printed copies of a thread about Abdulmutalab 's case. The comments were damn hilarious! I joined NL because of that thread. Unfortunately, my sister stopped visiting NL.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by MrMcJay(m): 12:14am On Apr 14, 2013
I got to know about Nairaland late 2005 and I opened my first account then.
Back then, there were no political azz-lickers, tribal bigots, e-diots and other e-animals. Back then, I was to sit for WAEC in 'O6 and this site really helped. It became more helpful when I sat for UME in '07 and used info here for my admission into OAU Law in '07/08.
From then, I had to do lots of 'mentoring' to prospective students of OAU. In '08. I even housed one chap from Warri who I had never met in person but got my number here. He eventually went to Uniben, but we still communicate.
I'm a fan of Jarus, Katsumoto, Ajanlekoko, kobojunkie (among others).
My phones, laptops and other gadgets have all been procured from Nairalanders.
Also, I've gotten banned and unbanned severally. I've also lost count of my moikers.
Anyway, NL is a part of my life.

Egbon Seun, many thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 14, 2013
It was Spring 2006
I had gone on spring break with the family to an amusement park but wasn't having much fun because I'd just had 2 wisdom teeth pulled 2 days before
I decided to stay in the hotel room this day and take my pain medications while the rest of the family was out save the last.
I was bored,whipped out my laptop and and started checking out nigerian news then bumped into nairaland
Clicked on it and registered.
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Pataki: 6:04am On Apr 14, 2013

Stop lying my friend! You want to tame rampaging LIARS, while you are a chief LIAR!

We all know you were frustrated out of Sahara Reporters simply because they would first check and verify your lies before deleting it from their site. Whereas on NL, you are allowed to propagate your ediotic lies!
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by FreeGlobe(f): 6:25am On Apr 14, 2013
Tolexander: My uncle told me about it in 2008. He told me about how he laughed on seeing a thread of OAU's aluta throughout a night on the site.
I started visiting the site as a guest and not a registered member. My younger brother told me he had registered and that it doesn't make sense not contributing to the thread.
I registered and rarely comment until one day when i came across one mr globe's goof on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/987622/most-commercialized-industrialized-non-capital-cities. .
I tried correcting the guy that day and he yabbed me. Since then i have become an ardent contributor.
when will you take my friend Mr. globe's name out of your mouth tho. you continue to build your cv and reputation on nairaland as first a bigot and second a LIAR!
You claimed you started using nairaland after the thread you quoted which is late 2012 but your post history says you have been an active hate, lies and yoruba bigoted poster as far back as early 2011. Apart from your other id's which are as old as nairaland itself.
The thread you quoted were blantant lies from your own imagination which were thrashed on that thread and after I see you find it hard to swallow your loss. Please learn to take Mr. globe's name out of your mouth especially in useless threads like this. grow up!
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 14, 2013
This is funny, but I first got to know about Nairaland when I was doing a google search on Abuja.
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 14, 2013
Pataki:

Stop lying my friend! You want to tame rampaging LIARS, while you are a chief LIAR!

We all know you were frustrated out of Sahara Reporters simply because they would first check and verify your lies before deleting it from their site. Whereas on NL, you are allowed to propagate your ediotic lies!
hmmm... i couldn't help but comment this early morning that he is a confirmed LIAR! SMDFH ....

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by adabeke12(f): 6:45am On Apr 14, 2013
i knew of nairaland by searching for nigerian breakfast ideas and landed in the food section abt 4 years ago, but never signed up only starred from afar. i tried signing up a couple of times but i think i forgot my username smiley lol
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 14, 2013
I just saw nairaland in my dreams and decided to register datz all!
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 14, 2013
berem: hmmm... i couldn't help but comment this early morning that he is a confirmed LIAR! SMDFH ....
You'v been a friend for sometime now so I consider the post above as a friendly fire.
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Pataki: 7:04am On Apr 14, 2013
berem: hmmm... i couldn't help but comment this early morning that he is a confirmed LIAR! SMDFH ....

I am on my mobile, hence I cannot find that exact post where he expressly spoke of his frustration from Sahara Reporters due to their constant post verification hence he had to join NL. Suddenly he has turned himself to claiming he is fighting against liars on the forum. Why didn't he state that here:

Sincere 9gerian:
Ok. I see you know me from Punch and SR abi. The username Ifeanyi-Democracy4ever is perfect for me because I dislike doing ANONYMOUS things. But for limitation of username space on NL, i would have maintained the same. I love democracy, even though we are yet to reap the full benefit of democracy in Nigeria. But with time, we'll get there.
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You'v been a friend for sometime now so I consider the post above as a friendly fire.
mtscheeew!
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 14, 2013
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 14, 2013
Pataki:

I am on my mobile, hence I cannot find that exact post where he expressly spoke of his frustration from Sahara Reporters due to their constant post verification hence he had to join NL. Suddenly he has turned himself to claiming he is fighting against liars on the forum. Why didn't he state that here:

Why do you always tremble and foam at the mouth whenever you see or hear Sincere 9gerian? Why are you so insecure? Can't you stay on the topic for once in your life? If discussing Sincere 9gerian will alleviate your anxiety and shore up your confidence, kindly create another thread for that purpose.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Tolexander: 8:04am On Apr 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
when will you take my friend Mr. globe's name out of your mouth tho. you continue to build your cv and reputation on nairaland as first a bigot and second a LIAR!
You claimed you started using nairaland after the thread you quoted which is late 2012 but your post history says you have been an active hate, lies and yoruba bigoted poster as far back as early 2011. Apart from your other id's which are as old as nairaland itself.
The thread you quoted were blantant lies from your own imagination which were thrashed on that thread and after I see you find it hard to swallow your loss. Please learn to take Mr. globe's name out of your mouth especially in useless threads like this. grow up!
mr globe! Aren't you through with your ban?
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by vizboy(m): 8:17am On Apr 14, 2013
I wont lie i saw nairaland in google when i was in a mission in search on how to make money online and since them. Men i got to tell i have grow attach to nairaland, i cant do without coming online to nairaland once in a day. Baba seun my hat goes off for you.
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by MrUzo: 8:24am On Apr 14, 2013
A sure front page candidate
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Pataki: 12:19pm On Apr 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Why do you always tremble and foam at the mouth whenever you see or hear Sincere 9gerian? Why are you so insecure? Can't you stay on the topic for once in your life? If discussing Sincere 9gerian will alleviate your anxiety and shore up your confidence, kindly create another thread for that purpose.

The best way to be sincere is not by lying! You are an unrepentant liar. And whilst this topic has nothing to do with the politics section, I find it distasteful that your penchant as being a mendacious oaf is turning your head to think you are fighting liars on this forum.

If you can lie in open statements as this, little wonder you have no conscience when you are foolishly defending the lies of our scumbag President.
Re: How Did You Get To Know About Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Don't you just hate it when people simply refuse to drop their response on the subject and move on?
Very irritating

(1) (2) (Reply)

Britney Spears News: Britney Spears Las Vegas Comeback / Model Arrested After Stripping Off Clothes And Dancing Unclad During A Live Game / What Is The Role Of A Husband And Wife In This 21st Century?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.