Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? (35040 Views)

Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back / How To Make Someone Stop Loving You Without Heart Break / Relationships: Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back As Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by Sparkle1(f): 10:14am On Apr 17, 2013
When I say suddenly, I mean out of nowhere, just like that, without any reason or explanations everything you've ever felt is gone. I was madly in love with this girl for a year and nine months.

In fact I was planning to propose to her on our second year anniversary when all of a sudden I woke up and all my feelings for her was gone. She didn't do or say anything wrong.

Nothing about her changed. Nothing about me changed. We didn't even have an argument. One minute we were talking about going on a vacation together and the next minute I stop picking her calls and started avoiding her.

It's been four months now since my feelings for her changed and I still can't make sense of it. She wants answers, she wants to know what she did wrong, why I all of a sudden ended things with her.

She thinks I met someone else but I didn't. I just stopped loving her and didn't want her anymore.

What happened to me? How can I find my way back to her? http://lindaikeji..ie/2013/04/dear-lib-readers-can-you-suddenly-stop.html?m=1

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 17, 2013
i can summarise all what you've just said in one word "Destiny". You don't need to struggle to love someone. You love with ease. I was once in it. I woke one morning and i told my ex baby gal that let's quit. Just like that!
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 17, 2013
Yes, if she suddenly f*cks up...

1 Like

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by Sicozone(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2013
To let go isn’t to forget, not to
think about, or ignore. It
doesn’t leave feelings of anger,
jealousy, or
regret. Letting go isn’t winning,
and it isn’t losing. It’s not about pride, and it’s not about how
you appear, and it’s not
obsessing or dwelling on the
past. Letting go isn’t blocking
memories or thinking sad
thoughts, and doesn’t leave emptiness, hurt, or sadness. It’s
not giving in or giving up.
Letting go isn’t about loss and
it’s not defeat. To let go is to
cherish memories, and
overcome and move on. It’s having an open mind and
confidence in the future. Letting
go is accepting. It’s learning and
experiencing and growing. To
let go is to be thankful for the
experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and made
you grow. It’s about all that you
have, all that you had, and all
that you will soon again. Letting
go is having the courage to
accept change, and the strength to keep moving. Letting go is
growing up. It’s realizing that
the heart can sometimes be the
most potent remedy. To let go is
to open a door, and to clear a
path, and to set you free.......but urs is gat sometin dark in it

12 Likes

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by HARDDON: 11:16am On Apr 17, 2013
huh? op? undecided
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by Scarpon(m): 11:16am On Apr 17, 2013
no something must be wrong somewhere

1 Like

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by ZACHIE: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2013
Are you lesbic?
How can you propose to her when you`re a Female?
Just wondering

11 Likes

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by Scarpon(m): 11:18am On Apr 17, 2013
maybe u are tired of the punnany and need a fresh one
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by adexsimply(m): 11:19am On Apr 17, 2013
av we got a les here?
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by 1stola: 11:19am On Apr 17, 2013
ZACHIE: Are you lesbic?
How can you propose to her when you`re a Female?
Just wondering

ARE YOU OKAY AT ALL
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by jjgirljay(f): 11:20am On Apr 17, 2013
You need to speck to her,she needs some closure to move on,it's can be very hurtful not knowing what went wrong. I advise you see her and explain,who's knows maybe she can help you understand WHY.

Do not force it as well,never love out of pity. Just let her know politely she's done nothing wrong.

I hope you find love again.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by steven042: 11:21am On Apr 17, 2013
once you can suddenly love,u can suddenly stop loving.but there must be a reason 4 that.
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by searay(m): 11:21am On Apr 17, 2013
Yes.
After all love does not exist. In practical terms, someone must be loved for something
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by Donrissy(m): 11:22am On Apr 17, 2013
Yes!!!! Are u a lesbian?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by sammynaijaguy(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2013
it does just stop like that its a gradual proccess
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by lipsyliscious: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2013
Nah she's nt a lesbian,she got d story 4rm linda Ikejis blog,so move on or ansa d question

3 Likes

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by Agybabe(f): 11:30am On Apr 17, 2013
It is possible. Love can grow cold and die. Self-experience. God is love, He doesn't die nor grow cold.
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by Mobsync(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2013
@Op, are u a lesbian? Ur profile says u're female while u're here saying u proposed 2 a female.
BTW, just thank God that ur feelings for her disappeared if not, na 14 years for prison oo.

1 Like

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 17, 2013
Eewo o. Just like that? And it's been four months? I think she is better off without you cos people like you are liable to turn a couple's dance into a singleton after 12yrs of marriage without any explanation. Yeah, explain the NOthing to her atleast.

1 Like

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by tpapi: 11:35am On Apr 17, 2013
Is very likely her rival has jarssed u up
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by latsholly(f): 11:35am On Apr 17, 2013
yes,its possible maybe d gal must ve done somtin wrong wivout ur knowledge n because of dat u feel uncomfortable within u.
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by 32D: 11:36am On Apr 17, 2013
@op no u cant suddenly stop loving someone u loved without a reason. d reason might be flimsy, his/her error might be trivial, there just has to be a reason. maybe she stopped being attractive, or maybe u even thought u loved her whereas u were merely infatuated. there just has to be a reason no matter how silly/flimsy/trivial it is, however dont force it. if u force it u will end up having either a broken or an unhappy marriage life...and i think a broken relationship is better than both....

2 Likes

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by timpaker(m): 11:42am On Apr 17, 2013
Yes, when the love attraction is misplaced, love fades and faints.
shikina
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by lipsyliscious: 11:42am On Apr 17, 2013
Mobsync: @Op, are u a lesbian? Ur profile says u're female while u're here saying u proposed 2 a female.
BTW, just thank God that ur feelings for her disappeared if not, na 14 years for prison oo.
didn't u c my post?,I said d op got it 4rm linda Ikejis blog,it didn't happen 2 her
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by decode55(m): 11:45am On Apr 17, 2013
My advice for your ex-babe:

Sh.it happens.. Get over it!
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by bigfat08: 11:46am On Apr 17, 2013
[size=15pt]I COULD HAVE STOP LOVING MY WIFE LONG TIME AGO BUT HAD TO LEARN NEW TRICKS TO GET OVER IT WHEN SHE MAKES ME F$$@#%%# ANGRY . WE HAVE 2 KIDS .[/size]

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by ZACHIE: 11:47am On Apr 17, 2013
1st ola:

ARE YOU OKAY AT ALL

You say?
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by kramer: 11:48am On Apr 17, 2013
@op... Please its only fair on the original writer that you include the source of your post.

http://lindaikeji..ie/2013/04/dear-lib-readers-can-you-suddenly-stop.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 17, 2013
Yeah its possible to stop loving somebody just like that
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by greall1: 11:55am On Apr 17, 2013
sure i can do it.
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 17, 2013
@ topic I think when you love someone you should love them for who they are and not have all these reasons to love the, because when these reasons cease to exist, you'll have nothing to love them for. In other words it is possible to stop loving someone but it's usually triggered by something that dies in the relationship and everything comes crashing down.
Re: Can You Suddenly Stop Loving Someone??? by stjudas(m): 11:55am On Apr 17, 2013
To love is a gradual process but when you suddenly love, you suddenly not love again. When there's no reason to love, there's no reason to hate. Maybe you never loved her..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Public Alpha Figures In Nigeria, The Red Pill / Guys: Can You Cry In Front Of Yours Girlfriend. / 7 Reasons Why You Should Get Married Early.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.