Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,622 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:35 PM

How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically - Religion (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically (341384 Views)

6 Signs That You Are Being Attacked Spiritually / Is Oral And Anal Sex Spiritually Hygienic In Christian Marriages??? / As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (197) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 7:09am On Mar 18, 2020
THE GAME CHANGER

"David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.”
(1 Samuel 30: 6)

That is the Focal Scripture of Streams of Joy Devotional today.

When David and his men were faced with the loss of their wives and children, they wept, until some of them turned around to stone him. David was in the bandwagon of men who were weeping, and soon, they turned against him. It was when David turned to God that he found a solution to the challenge that brought everyone to tears.

Friend, you may be in the midst of men who are weeping/gnashing their teeth because of challenges surrounding them and you, but God says, instead of being counted among those who know about the problem, be counted among those who are ready to seek solutions; instead of being counted among those who complain about issues, be counted among those who bring solutions.

Several men suffered the same thing, but David stood out among the rest because he became a channel for solution. When you only complain about issues, you will end up among those who will never be remembered; but when you bring solutions, you will write your name in gold, forever remembered by everyone who enjoys your solutions.

Be a solution bearer; seek solutions for challenges around you; seek solutions for challenges in your home, work place, city, nation, etc. Be the channel that will liberate your generation from every yoke of bondage they are stuck in. Pray that God will make you a channel to solve the problems around you.

Every challenge is a call for solution bearers. Be a solution bearer for every challenge around you; you were not born to complain about problems; you were born to solve them.

Declaration: I am a solution bearer, in Jesus name ,Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
CLOTHED WITH SOLUTION

“And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David.”
(1 Samuel 30: 7)

In our Focal Scripture, David asked Abiathar to bring him the ephod. The ephod was a priestly garment in Old Testament times. It was part of Abiathar’s clothing. What David needed to access heaven was someone’s garment. The solution David needed was someone’s garment. Abiathar was clothed with solution.

Friend, if you have been redeemed by Jesus, then you are a bundle of solutions. You have solutions that your generation needs; you have what it takes to turn things around; you have solutions to the challenges in your nation; you have solutions to the puzzles that men have been unable to unravel; you are a solution bearer; you are laden with heaven’s solutions for your generation.

Whatever challenges you see around you, look inwards and you will find solutions in you; there is an idea you have that will solve a national problem; there is a concept you have that will take men out of their current challenges; something in you is begging to be expressed; your generation needs to drink from your wisdom; there are solutions within you.

Abiathar released his ephod to David, and David accessed heaven and got a strategy that led to victory. Abiathar released the solution he had, and it saved a generation. If you express the solutions that heaven has deposited in you, you will save your generation. Your solutions are needed by your generation.

Discover the ‘ephod’ that heaven has clothed you with, and release solutions to your world. Your generation is waiting for solutions from you.

Declaration: I am clothed with solutions, in Jesus name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by Luchiana1(f): 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiHKs8CAta0
This is funny short & powerful, from Christ omega vision Drama
Laugh well, but pls kindly click the red subscribe icon for update.
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 12:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
IT'S COMING TO YOU

“6. Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well... 7. There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water...”
(John 4: 6-7)

Our Focal Scripture speaks of when Jesus rested at Jacob’s well because He was weary. Jesus eventually met a Samaritan woman at the well. His encounter with that woman opened the door for the salvation of the entire city. Jesus’ meeting with the Samaritan woman was obviously by divine arrangement. The meeting brought amazing results.

Because Jesus was tired, He stopped at the well. Weakness stopped Him, but it didn’t stop the woman from coming to Him. Jesus’ weakness didn't stop the amazing result that eventually came His way. What stopped Jesus didn't also stop what was coming to Him. The weakness that stopped Jesus’ journey didn't stop what was coming to Him.

Friend, hear God’s prophetic word: whatever stopped you cannot stop what is coming to you. The weakness and disadvantage that stopped you will not stop what is coming to you. You may think your location, family background, qualifications, etc is a limitation, but God says, it may stop you, but it won’t stop what is coming to you. You may be barred from certain opportunities, but it will still come to you. You were stopped so that it/they can come to you.

Whatever wants to stop you- policies, people, haters, rivals, economy, etc- will not stop what God packaged for you from coming to you. When your strength fails, God will cause your package to be delivered by grace. Whatever looks like a stop in your movement in destiny is a time out that won't change anything.

Focus on God and don’t rule yourself out of success when you are weak or disadvantaged. When God is involved, He will command your package to come to you.

Prayer : Lord, whether I’m weak or strong, cause my package to come to me, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2020
PURSUE

“And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue...”
(1 Samuel 30: cool

When David enquired of the Lord, he asked, “Shall I pursue after this troop”? David knew what he had lost, and he realized that the path to recovery was not meant to be a walk, but a pursuit. To pursue is to chase after something with some hostile intent; so David didn't propose to walk after the Amalekites; he proposed to chase after them. He planed to run to his target.

Friend, if you have discovered your targets in 2020, God says, run to them. Run towards the goals and targets you have set for yourself; addpassion to every mission you have embarked upon; if there be anything you want to achieve, don’t be slack about it, make it a pursuit; if there be levels you need to attain, don’t make it a walk as if you have all the time in the world: chase after it as if everything depends on chasing.

Pursue your goals with some degree of intent and speed; run towards the places you ought to have been in; if you have assignments to deliver on, don’t make it a walk, make it a pursuit; if you have business to do, don’t be slack about it, be fast about it; if you have desires that must become reality, don’t be slow in doing what you have to do, step up your game and increase your pace.

David pursued after the Amalekites, and he eventually caught up with them and took back his possessions. He pursued, and he eventually hit his target. If you pursue, God says, you will hit your target. If you add some urgency to your mission, you will succeed before your haters/rivals work against you.

Don’t blame anyone for any target you are yet to hit if you have not begun to chase yet. Chase your target and you will hit it big.

Declaration: I choose to pursue; I will catch what I pursue, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2020
YOU WILL OVERTAKE

"And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them..."(1 Samuel 30: cool

In our Focal Scripture, God promised David that he would surely overtake the Amalekites. The Amalekites took away the wives and children of David and his men; they were enemies, their movement and progress was not in David’s favour, and God empowered him to overtake. God gave David the sort of speed his enemies didn’t have.

Friend, God says, you will overtake every ‘Amalekite’ in your destiny. They may have started before you, they may even be ahead of you, but you will overtake. They may have been preferred ahead of you in the past, but you will be preferred ahead of them; God will give you speed to outrun your enemies; God will cause you to have an advantage over haters and rivals. God will cause you to overtake.

The Amalekites ran away before David returned, they began moving before David, and that meant that David was disadvantaged. If David did not overtake them, he would have lost his possession. Sometimes, there are people you must overtake if you must achieve your goals; and you must overtake them because they shouldn’t be ahead of you.

If there be any wicked one that has gone ahead of you, receive the grace to overtake; if there be any rival whose progress is to your detriment, receive grace to overtake; if there be any one ahead of you whose movement slows you down, receive grace to overtake.

David may not have had the energy to overtake the Amalekites, but God gave him grace to overtake. Receive divine empowerment to overtake.

Psalm 18: 37 says: “I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.”

Declaration: Over-takers’ anointing is upon me; I move ahead, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
RESTORATION

“...Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.”

Before David pursued after the Amalekites, God promised that he would recover all. David suffered losses before the pursuit, but God gave an assurance that everything that was lost would be recovered. By God’s promise, what was missing was going to be found in a matter of time; even if the things that David lost were beyond his reach, they were soon going to be within his reach.

Friend, God says, everything you have lost will be recovered; every opportunity you lost is coming back to you; every destiny helper you missed in the past is coming back; every possession you lost will be found in a matter of time; the relationships, higher levels, clients, etc you were denied in time past will come back to you miraculously.

The Amalekites escaped with David’s possessions, but God did not allow them to go beyond the reach of David. God caused David’s lost possessions to be in a place where they could be reached. God will cause everything you lost to be within your reach. You won't go far before you find them; you won't work hard before your lost time is restored.

David did not only recover his lost possessions; he took some spoils from the enemy's camp; he recovered more than what he lost; it was restoration with compensation. God says, for your losses, there shall be restoration with compensation. You will regain more than what you lost; you will be compensated hugely by God for everything you lost.

Your losses are not final; the God who is able to restore is still available to restore whatever it is that you have lost, no matter how long ago you lost it.

Declaration : Whatever I lost shall be recovered; I have restoration with compensation, in Jesus’ name! Amen

1 Like

Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 7:11am On Mar 26, 2020
PEOPLE WILL LEAVE

“So David went, he and the six hundred men that were with him, and came to the brook Besor, where those that were left behind stayed.”
(1 Samuel 30: 9)

When David and his men pursued after the Amalekites, they came to the brook Besor where two hundred of his men gave up and could not continue. Besor means ‘good news’. So David was at the brink of good news, and some people who should have helped him step into his good news walked away. David’s place of good news was where some men walked away.

Friend, as you run towards your good news, remember that some people will walk away from you. Some helpers of destiny may decide to play God in your life and walk away when you need them most; some employees will walk away when you are about to expand your enterprise; some clients may walk away when you need their patronage most; as good news beckons, some will leave.

The fact that some people left David did not mean that good news was no longer on the way. They walked away, but good news still became David’s lot. God says, whoever walks away will not stop the great things that God will make happen for you at the same time; the people you need may walk away when you need them most, but God will fill the gaps occasioned by those who walked away.

Some men walked away but David still recovered all, according to the word of the Lord. Those who walked away did not affect the word of the Lord. Don’t judge your journey on the basis of who has walked away or is planning to walk away; judge your journey by what God has said.

If God be for you, whoever has left you will not stop God from causing His word for your life to come to pass. If God be for you, whoever walks away doesn’t change anything.

Declaration: Whoever walks away from me will not stop God’s word from coming to pass in my life, in Jesus name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 9:12am On Mar 27, 2020
DON'T STOP

“But David pursued, he and four hundred men: for two hundred abode behind, which were so faint that they could not go over the brook Besor.”
(1 Samuel 30: 10)

When David and his men got to the brook Besor, two hundred men gave up the chase, but he continued with the remaining four hundred men. People opted out of the race, but David continued with what he wanted to achieve. People walked away from David, and it didn’t become an excuse to give up the chase. David continued even when men walked away.

Friend, God says, even if the whole world walks away from you, don’t stop; continue your pursuit no matter what is no longer available; continue making efforts even when people who promised to help you are no longer willing; keep working on your goals no matter the constants that become variables; stay on the grind no matter how many people who want to talk you out of it. Even if two hundred of your men literally walk away, keep up the pursuit.

Don’t shut down your business because major clients have walked away; don’t shut down your mission because some people you counted on have reneged on their commitment; don’t throw in the towel even if your hopes are dashed; don’t give up the fight even if the odds are not in your favour.

David ran with the four hundred men who did not walk away, and in a matter of time, he overtook the Amalekites and recovered all that they stole from him. He pressed on despite those who walked away, and he hit his target. God says, if you continue when men walk away, you will hit your target against all odds.

Don’t stop because some people or things are no longer available; do what you have to do, walk a tight rope if you have to, and you will hit your target.

Declaration: I won’t stop for anything; I move, I push, I press on, I will prevail, in Jesus name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 7:44am On Mar 28, 2020
SPIRITUAL SOLUTIONS

“13. Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14. But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst …”
(John 4: 13-14)

In our Focal Scripture, Jesus announced that anyone who drinks water from the well will thirst again. Thirst is a physical urge/challenge; water is the physical solution to thirst. So Jesus affirmed the futility of solving a physical problem with a physical solution. Jesus proffered spiritual solutions for physical problems.

Friend, if you apply physical solutions to your physical problems, the problems may remain or reoccur. If your response to health challenges is purely physical, you might end up in the cycle of challenges; if your go completely physical whilst dealing with marital, financial, academic, career, business, etc challenges, there is a tendency for repeat challenges.

Instead of fighting physical battles with purely physical strategies, try the spiritual option. Deal with physical challenges through prayer and God’s word. Instead of relying only on drugs, rely on God for healing.

Instead of counting only on advice, go for divine revelations. Use spiritual warfare to deal with physical roadblocks. Instead of adopting a physical approach in dealing with life’s issues, try the spiritual option and the results will amaze you.

Apart from saying that whosoever drinks water from the well will thirst again, Jesus said that whosoever drinks the living waters won't thirst again. Physical solutions to physical challenges won't stop challenges from returning; but spiritual solutions will work wonders.

Any challenge that remained after you tried a physical solution is only making a call for a divine solution.

Prayer :Lord, grant me spiritual solutions for my physical challenge in Jesus name !Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 7:50am On Mar 29, 2020
STRATEGIC MEN

“And they found an Egyptian in the field, and brought him to David, and gave him bread, and he did eat; and they made him drink water;”
(1 Samuel 30: 11)

In our Focal Scripture, David and his men found an Egyptian who gave them information on the location of the Amalekites. Two hundred of David's men quit the pursuit of the Amalekites; but he was soon rewarded with one who had precise information on the target. Two hundred tired men walked away, but David found one strategic man.

Friend, some people may have walked away from you, but God is sending you strategic men who have answers you need; God is sending you a strategic man who will matter more than whoever walked out on you; God will send you men with precise information on your target; God is sending you men who will give you directions on how to get to the top; God is sending you strategic men who will help your mission.

David and his men crossed over the brook, and they met someone who had all the information they needed. God says, the men that are coming your way will be so strategic that you won’t help but acknowledge that they are God-sent. God will send you a strategic man who has what you need.

It doesn’t matter how many people who have walked away from you, and it doesn’t matter what their motives were for walking away from you. God has multiple plans on how to make things work for you; God has the capacity to send you one man who will do what the multitudes around you have been unable to do. God can send you men who have definite directions you need.

Stop whining over the men who have walked away, and ask God to send you a strategic man who will serve heaven’s purpose in your life.

Declaration: I receive my strategic man, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
GIVE VALUE

“And they found an Egyptian in the field, and brought him to David, and gave him bread, and he did eat; and they made him drink water;”
(1 Samuel 30: 11)

When David and his men saw the Egyptian slave who gave the information they needed, they fed the man before asking for the information they needed. They saw someone who could help them, but they did not begin by demanding for value; they took the lead in giving value. They saw someone who could help them, and their first response was to give value before asking for value.

Friend, glean some wisdom: give value to people around you before demanding value from them. Give value to everyone you come across; give value to your clients, colleagues, subordinates, strangers, etc; give value to people who may not have asked for value from you; even if the person who needs value is lowly ranked, still give value.

The moment David gave food to that Egyptian slave, he was revived and gave them all the information they needed. They gave value, and received value in return. When you give value, people will give value to you. If your life can touch other lives positively, it will shock you how the persons you have helped can turn around and be of help to you.

Selfishness is when your relationship with people is driven only by the need to gain value through them. People may even begin to avoid you if they discover that all you want is to gain from them without reciprocating. You may end up losing or hurting profitable relationships with people if all that matters to you is what you can gain through them.

David’s men gave even when they were yet to receive; give, even when you have not yet received; give value even if none has been given to you.
Declaration : I choose to give value, in Jesus name ! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
NO MORE DRYNESS“...when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire;”(1 Samuel 30: 1)That is the Focal Scripture of Streams of Joy Devotional today.Our Focal Scripture tells of how the Amalekites invaded Ziklag through the south, and wrecked havoc. The south of Ziklag was a dry area. So the enemies of David invaded his abode through the place of dryness. Dryness was the entry point of the enemy against David.Friend, God says, beware of dryness. Spiritual dryness is an entry point for the enemy against you; spiritual dryness is a platform for the enemy to burn your destiny down to ashes; prayerlessness makes it easy for the devil to mess up your destiny; a disconnection from God’s word helps the enemy to disconnect you from your possessions in Christ. Your spiritual dryness makes you an easy prey in the hands of the enemy.When dryness opened the door to the enemy, the future of David (children) went into captivity. Spiritual dryness doesn’t only at endangering your present; it also endangers your future. When you sleep spiritually, you are giving the enemy freedom to mess up your future and potentials.If there was no dry area for the Amalekites to make their entry into Ziklag, maybe there wouldn’t have been an invasion. There are battles you will avoid as a Christian if you are truly alive in the Spirit. There are losses, setbacks, disappointments, pains, etc that may never come your way once you shut the door on spiritual dryness.Don’t be spiritually dry and turn around to blame the devil for attacking you. Take your victory in your hands; say no to spiritual dryness.Romans 13 vs. 11 says: “...knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.”Prayer : Lord, wake me up from every spiritual slumber, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2020
IT IS SETTLED

“After these things, when the wrath of king Ahasuerus was appeased, he remembered Vashti, and what she had done, and what was decreed against her.”
(Esther 2: 1)

In our Focal Scripture, king Ahasuerus remembered Vashti his deposed queen; he remembered how she was deposed; it seemed that he was beginning to have second thoughts about deposing his queen. Perhaps if it were left alone to Ahasuerus, he would reverse his decree and allow Vashti to come back.

Vashti was already deposed, and if she returned to her previous position, there would have been no vacancy for Esther. Vashti may have wanted to return, the king may have favoured her return, but a decree was already passed and she did not return. Vashti’s matter was a settled matter that was not about to return.

Friend, are there ‘Vashti’s that God Himself has already deposed in your life? Are there issues that heaven already settled concerning your destiny? God says, ‘Vashti’ will not return. Everything that is settled in your life will not come back to haunt you; every battle you have won will not come back to defeat you; every sickness you already overcame will not come back to bring you down again.

Look at every ‘Vashti’ that wants to stage a comeback in your life, and decree that they will not come back; that setback will not come back; poverty will not come back; disappointment will not come back; disgrace will not come back; rejection/delay will not come back; whatever God has settled in your life will not come back to mess up your life.

If God has settled it, it has no business coming back. What God has settled is settled, nothing missing and nothing broken.

Nahum 1 vs. 9 says: “...affliction shall not rise up the second time.”

Declaration : Whatever God has settled in my life is not coming back to defeat me, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 10:56am On Apr 03, 2020
THE KING'S DECREE

“Then said the king's servants that ministered unto him, Let there be fair young virgins sought for the king:”
(Esther 2: 2)

Esther was fair and beautiful; she was physically endowed with beauty; she had the potentials to be a queen in the land of her captivity; she had what it took to rule in her generation; but she lived with Mordecai. Despite her endowments, she was in obscurity; she was endowed but lacked opportunity for manifestation.

When the king’s decree eventually went forth, it became a platform for Esther to be made queen in place of Vashti. One decree came from the king, and it became an open door for Esther. The king’s decree brought Esther’s next level opportunity; the king’s decree showed forth Esther. The king’s decree became Esther’s platform for relevance.

Friend, a new decree is about to come forth from the king, and it will be for your manifestation. A new policy is about to come forth, and it will lift you higher; God will bring someone who will speak words and bring suggestions that will favour you; a new proclamation will show forth your gifting; someone’s idea is about to make room for you to attain greatness and relevance.

God says, where you are is not where you will end; your endowments and gifting must receive attention; your potentials and potentialities will receive opportunities; every divine deposit God placed in you will be blessed by the king’s decree. God will cause favourable policies to come into being for your sake.

The king did not have Esther in mind when he passed a decree, but his decree favoured her. The kings of the world may not have you in mind, but God will put ideas in their minds that will favour you.

Declaration: The king’s decree will make me relevant, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
PURGE YOURSELF

“...bring all these beautiful young women into the harem...Let them be placed under the care of Hegai, the king’s eunuch, who is in charge of the women…”
(Esther 2: 3 NIV)

Our Focal Scripture introduces Hegai, a man who was trusted with prospective queens. Being a eunuch, Hegai had lost his affection and sensibility towards women. For Hegai to midwife the next queen, something in him died. He put away some affections in order to function. He was dead to sensitivities and sensibilities, and he was able to handle great responsibilities.

Friend, God may not trust you with sensitive assignments until some things in you die. You may not find opportunity for lasting relevance until you lose the sensibilities and sensitivities that could truncate your assignment. You may not be a vessel unto honour until you put away everything in you that dishonours God.

The ladies in Hegai's custody needed to be preserved for the King, so Hegai’s sexuality had to die. If the destinies that must pass through you will be preserved, strange affections in you must give way; if God will manifest true greatness through you, then some attitudes, behaviours, lifestyles, etc must die.

Do away with everything in you that is antithetical to God’s plan for your life; do away with anything that comes in the way of your assignment in life; do away with insincerity, dishonestly, inconsistency, laziness, pride, lust, immorality, hate, bitterness, etc.

Greatness and relevance comes at a cost: some things must die for your relevance and greatness to live.

2 Timothy 2: 21 says: “If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.”

Declaration: I purge myself of strange affections and needless sensibilities, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 9:35am On Apr 05, 2020
WHERE ARE YOU

"Now in Shushan the palace there was a certain Jew, whose name was Mordecai..."
(Esther 2: 5)

Mordecai was a captive but he lived in Shushan the palace. Captivity didn't stop him from living in a royal environment. He stayed close to royalty, and it soon became his lot.

Friend, sometimes it is not about who you are but it is about where you are. Your environment can make or mar you. Where you are could determine if your dreams/visions will become reality. Your relationship circle could determine how far you would go in life.

You may not have all it takes to make it, but if you connect to people who make you better, you will hit your target. You may not have enough knowledge/intellect to play on the big stage, but if you tag along with knowledgeable people, they will make you sharper as iron sharpens iron.

Mordecai remained in the palace, though a captive, and one day, the king's decree raised him to become part of royalty. If you stay in the right environment, relationships, atmosphere, etc, your story will change for good. The choice of a right environment will pay off, sooner or later.

Don't let your circumstances limit your destiny; break out of your confines, choose the right environment and right people, and it will pay off in a matter of time.

Declaration: I choose to stay in the 'palace'; it will pay off someday, in Jesus' name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 4:40pm On Apr 06, 2020
RECEIVE THE WORD

“Now in Shushan the palace there was a certain Jew, whose name was Mordecai, the son of Jair, the son of Shimei, the son of Kish, a Benjamite;”

Mordecai was a descendant of Kish, the father of King Saul. Saul was the first king of Israel, he was chosen by God from the tribe of Benjamin. God spoke a word to Samuel, and that word was for the conferment of royalty upon one from the loins of Kish. Several years later, Mordecai, a descendant of Kish would later midwife Esther as queen.

God’s word concerning royalty in the house of Kish seemed to hang around even after Saul was no longer king. The word worked for Saul while he was in Israel, and several years later, the same word came through for Esther and Mordecai. God’s word for the house of Kish may have been forgotten, but God fulfilled His word again and again.

Friend, when you receive God’s word, it may not just be for you alone; the word you receive could cascade down your entire generation and bear fruit for those who didn't know when the word was spoken. The words you receive today will work for your future generations; the prophecies that are spoken of you today will continue to work for your unborn generations long after you are gone.

God’s word does not lose its efficacy with the passage of time. God’s word is long lasting; and when it is spoken, it has the capacity for a trans-generational impact. As you receive God’s word today, it will locate your next generation. The word of God that works for you will also work for your children and children’s children.

Keep receiving and confessing God’s word; it is valid for the future; it is potent enough to work for you and for those coming after you.

Declaration: Every word of God I receive will work for me and my future generations, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 8:14am On Apr 07, 2020
BREAK THE PATTERN

“Now in Shushan the palace there was a certain Jew, whose name was Mordecai...”

Mordecai brought up Esther whose father and mother had died. Esther came with a history of death in her family, but soon, she was in Mordecai's custody, and there was no more mention of death. ‘Mordecai’ means ‘warfare’. So ‘Warfare’ showed up and there was no more death; ‘Warfare’ entered, and the negative pattern of death was broken.

Friend, is there a negative, demonic pattern in your life? Pray down the fire of God upon it. Pray and dismantle the satanic patterns the enemy has enacted in your life; use warfare prayers to dismantle every satanic arrangement of the enemy against you; use warfare prayers to halt repeated negativity; use warfare to destroy every negative pattern around you.

Today, I pray for you: every pattern that is not of God, I command it to end now; every pattern that has confined you, let the fire of God descend and consume it; every negative pattern that has consistently brought you pain, regrets, delays, disappointments, I decree, it ends now; every war the enemy has started in your life, I command it to cease now. Negativity will not prevail.

You belong to the generation of pattern breakers; you belong to a generation that does not allow negativity to survive; you belong to a generation that cuts down limits, breaks boundaries, creates new records, dethrones negative patterns and sets up new, positive patterns that will stand the test of time.

Any suggestion of the enemy to abandon the place of warfare prayers is simply an arrangement to make you remain stuck in negative patterns. Use your warfare to say no to negativity. Break that pattern.

Declaration: I refuse every negative pattern; I am a pattern breaker; I thrive with warfare prayers, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
YOU WILL SEE BETTER

Mordecai worked at the King’s palace. He worked in an environment of royalty; he worked in a place where great things happened on a daily basis; he worked in a place where decisions that affected others were taken; he worked in a place where the inhabitants were in charge, where even the suggestions of servants could lead to a national policy.

Mordecai was eventually honoured and became a high ranking palace official. He began as a low ranked worker in the palace, but in a matter of time, he rose to a higher position within the palace. Mordecai’s path shone brighter and brighter; he didn't remain on the same level; he didn't stop where he started; he saw good, and then he saw better.

Friend, God says, you may have started by seeing good, but you will see better. Things will get better around you; your circumstances are about to change for good; you will break previous limits and rise to greater heights; you will make new, giant strides; you will break forth on all sides; you are on your way to your next level; you will break out of every confinement of the enemy.

God says, where you started is not where you will end; where your profitability, greatness, success, etc started is not where it will end; your path shines brighter and brighter; you move from glory to glory; you will outgrow your current level; you won't only see your promised land but you will enter into it and possess your possessions.

Look beyond the good you see today and start expecting something better.

Proverbs 4 vs. 18 says: “...the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.”

Declaration: After seeing good, I will see better; my path shines brighter and brighter, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 8:24am On Apr 09, 2020
UNLIKELY PLACES

Mordecai and Esther were both captives; they were slaves in a kingdom that was not bothered about their interests; there was no guarantee for their progress in their location; they were a disadvantaged lot that shouldn’t expect anything to work in their favour; they belonged to confinement, not to royalty.

Esther later became queen, while Mordecai was honoured by the king. Their stories changed in the land of their captivity. Things got better for them in a very unlikely environment. They rose higher in a place where no one expected them to rise; they made progress against all odds; the environment was not in their favour, yet God favoured them against all odds and in an unlikely place.

Friend, hear God’s prophetic word: you will be favoured in unlikely places. You will rise against all odds. Your environment may be unfavourable but you will rise all the same; policies and policy makers may not be friendly towards you but you will make progress; the economy may not be favourable for profit, but God will shock you with a new profit level that will make you shout and dance for joy.

Mordecai and Esther were both Jews, they were covenanted with God, and their environment could not stop them. If you belong to Jesus, then you belong to a generation that makes progress even when the environment says no. Your connection to, and covenant with Jesus puts you above your circumstances.

Look beyond your environment, forget those who are currently saying no to your progress plans, and ask God to favour you like He favoured Esther and Mordecai. If God be for you, your environment cannot stop you.

Declaration: In unlikely places and against all odds, I will make progress and hit new targets, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 3:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
FAVOURED BY THE PROCESS

“And the maiden pleased him, and she obtained kindness of him; and he speedily gave her things for purification…and he preferred her and her maids unto the best place of the house of the women.”
(Esther 2: 9)

Hegai was the man who was charged with preparing Esther before she could meet the king; he was the process she went through in order to get to the top; he was the mandatory protocol that needed to be observed before Esther or any other maiden could make progress and become queen. Hegai was the process between Esther and the king.

Hegai had lots of maidens to prepare for the king, but he preferred Esther above the rest. Hegai was the process, and he only favoured Esther. The process may not have been friendly and favourable to everyone, but it was favourable to Esther. Before she got the result, Esther enjoyed favour in the process.

Friend, it is not only the results that will favour you; God says, the process will favour you. Before you get what you need, people who are part of the process will favour you; the policies of men will favour you; the pathway to your goals and aspirations will favour you; the process that will bring your desired results will favour you; the selection process you are part of will favour you; every process will be favourable.

When a process is favourable, the journey to the result is pleasurable, and one gets expected results without struggles. God says, the journey and process that will bring your result will be pleasurable and favourable. You won't suffer to hit your target; you will hit it with ease; you will rise higher with ease.

Ask God to turn every process to work in your favour; ask God to make every pathway to your result to favour you.

Declaration: Every process must favour me, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 7:27am On Apr 12, 2020
INSIDER HELP

“And the maiden pleased him, and she obtained kindness of him; and he speedily gave her things for purification…and he preferred her and her maids unto the best place of the house of the women.”
(Esther 2: 9)

When Esther found favour in the sight of Hegai, he gave her what she needed for purification speedily. He gave her what he needed to give her faster than he ordinarily should. Hegai preferred Esther ahead of other maidens. The king didn’t know Esther at this point, but Hegai already treated her like a preferred candidate for the position of queen. Hegai was the insider that helped Esther.

Friend, God will position an insider to favour you above others. Concerning the opportunity you seek, God will cause an insider to favour you above others; concerning the applications you have made, God will cause an insider to work in your favour; God will position an insider that will make suggestions that will work in your favour.

God will raise an insider to speak on your behalf; God will raise an insider that will give you advantages that your fellow competitors don't have; God will give you an insider that will cause your matters to receive speedy attention; God will raise men that will cause the kings of this world to favour you; God will raise men who will use their positions to help you.

Hegai did not know Esther from anywhere; they were strangers to each other; so the insider who helped Esther was a stranger. God says, strangers are about to become interested in your progress, and they will not stop until you possess your possessions and become all that God has destined you to be.

Ask God to raise strangers as destiny helpers in the places where your matters are being discussed. Ask God to bless you with insider help.

Declaration : I have insider help, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 11:26am On Apr 13, 2020
LEAVE THE CROWD

“4. Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep. 6. And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him…”
(1 Samuel 30: 4, 6)

When David and his men were faced with the loss of their wives and children, their first response was to weep. They were warriors, but instead of going after the captors, they wept. David joined the men to weep. He joined the crowd to do what they did.

Soon, the same men David wept with spoke of stoning him. David joined the crowd to do what they were doing, and the crowd turned against him. The crowd’s response was not good, David joined in it and it worked against him. David moved with the crowd, and almost became a victim of the crowd.

Friend, glean some wisdom: don’t move with the crowd. Don’t join in the crowd of those who view everything through the binoculars of pessimism. Don’t join the crowd in confessing that all hope is lost, and that things are beyond redemption. Don’t join the crowd when their confessions concerning your nation are negative. Don’t be a part of the crowd that has lost the zeal for excellence.

When you move with the crowd, you might become a victim of the crowd. When you allow your uniqueness to be drowned in the negativity of the crowd around you, you just might be on the highway that leads to irrelevance and extinction.

Dare to be different; you mustn’t do/say what everyone is doing/saying; when others complain, pray; when others are hopeless, be hopeful; when others want to give up, push on; discard every crowd mentality.

Romans 12 vs. 2 says: “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

Prayer : Lord, I choose to be different; I won’t be a victim of the crowd, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 3:43am On Apr 14, 2020
CONNECT TO GOD

“And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.”

When David faced the loss of his wives and children as well as the possibility of being stoned by his men, he encouraged himself in the Lord his God. David could not find solace in his fellow men, and he turned to God. He faced the possibility of being stoned to death, adversity came against him, and he turned to God.

After he connected to God, David’s men didn't stone him. They dropped their stones, the threat to his life fizzled out when he connected to God. His communion with God spared him from danger; he drew closer to God, and though the men who wanted to stone him were near, they didn’t stone him.

Friend, deepen your connection to God. Draw closer to God each new day; don’t let your relationship with God remain on the same level from day to day; don’t allow the cares of this life to make you relegate God to the background of your life; don’t allow the challenges of this life to steal the attention you should give to God; don’t get too busy with what you need to do and forget to spend quality time with God.

Your connection to God will disempower the enemies of your destiny. When you connect to God more, some men who are gathered against you will be forced to drop their stones. Your connection to God will keep you out of the reach of those who want to put you out of circulation.

Remember, whenever the enemy wants to rob you of your communion with God, he is simply trying to make you vulnerable. Let nothing steal or reduce your relationship with God. Increase your connection to God.

Prayer : Lord, give me grace to deepen my connection to You; give me more of You, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 7:28am On Apr 15, 2020
Beautiful Morning :You're at a place of no retreat. You've weighed your options and it terrifies you. You've examined all possible alternatives and going forward is as difficult as going backward.You are worried , scared and afraid.I have news for you. Consider Isaiah 43 vs 2-3, it says, "When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end- because I'm God, your personal God".Do you believe?Goodday:
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 11:50am On Apr 16, 2020
REPAIR YOURSELF

“...David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.”

In our Focal Scripture, after the loss of his wives and children, David encouraged himself in the Lord. David faced the possibility of being stoned by his men, and he encouraged himself in the Lord. The word ‘encourage’ as used in that scripture, comes from the Hebrew word ‘chazaq’.

One of the meanings of ‘chazaq’ is ‘to repair’. So David repaired himself in the Lord. David may have suffered some psychological and emotional damage as a result of his loss and the insurrection by his men, but he repaired himself in the Lord. To repair is to fix damages; so David fixed the damage he suffered by connecting back to God.

Friend, life may have dealt deadly blows to you, circumstances may have wounded you beyond measure, people may have hurt you badly, haters may have bruised you wickedly, issues may have arisen to challenge your faith and confidence in God, etc, but like David, you can repair yourself in the Lord. You can repair any damage done to your emotions and psyche through God. You can break free from the scars of your wounds through God.

The moment David encouraged himself in the Lord, he fought back and recovered all that he lost. He repaired himself in the Lord and he moved on like someone who never even suffered any damage. He moved on like a warrior who was never even wounded in the first place. When you repair yourself in the Lord, you won’t look like what you have been through.

Ask God to repair you from any damage that people and circumstances have caused you. When you are repaired by God, you will be fit again to run your race.

Psalm 61 vs. 2 says: “From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”

Prayer: Lord, repair any damage in me, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 8:21am On Apr 17, 2020
ENCOURAGE YOURSELF

Our Focal Scripture tells the tale of when David and his men lost their wives, children and properties to the invasion of the Amalekites. In the midst of the losses, David’s men engaged in a mutiny.

David was surrounded by men who were enraged by their losses, they were all discouraged, but whilst other men wept, David encouraged himself in the Lord. When no one could encourage him, David encouraged himself.

Friend, when you find yourself in a season or position where no one can encourage you, encourage yourself in the Lord. When people around you are discouraged and have the tendency to discourage you more, encourage yourself. When everyone loses hope, stay hopeful. When everyone is pessimistic, stay optimistic; when others think doors have been closed, expect open doors; when others see the end of the road, push on and press on.

David refused to remain discouraged like his mighty men, and he later led them in a comeback battle where they recovered everything they lost. He refused to be discouraged, and he became the fulcrum of the comeback battle. When you refuse to be discouraged, you will be the harbinger of recovery and restoration.

You may not always find someone to encourage you when you're discouraged, so strive to encourage yourself. You may even be surrounded by men who are wounded in life’s race, and you would be wasting your time if you expect encouragement from them. Just like David’s men could not encourage him, sometimes, even your own men cannot encourage you.

Push yourself when no one can push you; believe yourself when no one believes you. Dare to encourage yourself when no one else can.

Prayer :Lord, when no one else can encourage me, I choose to encourage myself, in Jesus’ name! Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2020
MAKE HASTE

When David and his men were faced with the loss of their wives, children and properties, he encouraged himself in the Lord. The word ‘encourage’ as used in that scripture comes from the Hebrew word ‘chazaq’. One of the meanings of ‘chazaq’ is ‘be urgent’. So when David encouraged himself in the Lord, he was simply taking on some urgency.

Friend, one ingredient that will make for your success and excellence is urgency. Urgency is the perfect antidote to procrastination. Sometimes, all that will make the difference in your life is a little urgency in doing what others would rather postpone. Slow and steady won’t always win the race, but some urgency will make the difference. Sometimes, acting on time is the only way to hit your target and make the desired impact.

Make haste and implement the changes you have already decided on. If you have taken a decision, make haste and put it into action. Make haste and make those prayers you have been planning to make; make haste and make those calls you have been planning to make; hurry up with every vision that God has given you; make haste and run towards God wherever you have gone far from Him. Add urgency to your work and actions.

David didn’t postpone the return battle against the Amalekites. He went after them immediately and recovered all that he lost. He acted with urgency and there was recovery. If David delayed his response, maybe he would have lost his wives and children forever. Delay could have backfired on him. When you delay yourself, you are setting the stage for your destiny to be truncated.

Discard every spirit of delay and needless reluctance. Don’t postpone what can be done today.

Prayer : Lord, I choose to act with urgency, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 8:44am On Apr 19, 2020
PLAY YOUR ROLE

“And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David.”

In our Focal Scripture, David told Abiathar to bring the ephod. The ephod was a garment with which priests enquired of the Lord. Abiathar was a priest; he should have enquired of the Lord, but it was David who requested for the ephod. Abiathar made himself irrelevant in a crisis where he should intervene, and someone else did his job.

Friend, when circumstances demand that you take a step, rise to the occasion and do what is expected of you. When your intervention is needed, intervene promptly. When you need to play a role to make things easier, play it. When you have an idea that can make a way, bring it forth promptly before things get out of hand. Rise to the occasion and do what God has empowered you to do so that progress can be made.

Abiathar didn't do what he should do, and someone else did his job for him. When you fail to do what you should do, beware, someone else will do it and become relevant at your expense. When you fail to do what God has empowered you to do, He can empower someone else to do same.

David enquired of the Lord, he did what Abiathar should have done, and he got a result. Abiathar was not missed. His failure to play his role was overshadowed by the positive role David played. When you don't play your role, you may be overshadowed by someone else who is willing to act.

Abiathar was the priest among David and his men, he was indispensable, but when he failed to do his work, someone else did it perfectly. Don’t be misled by the fact that you appear indispensable to your team; when you fail to do your job, someone else will arise and do it well.

Prayer : Lord, I choose to play my role; no one else will take my place and do what I should do, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 9:09am On Apr 20, 2020
IMPROVE YOURSELF

David was anointed by Samuel as King of Israel. He had a King's anointing, but was not anointed for priestly assignments. Abiathar was the priest, and he was the one who should enquire of the Lord using the ephod. The priestly role was not for David; it was not David’s job description.

After David encouraged himself in the Lord, he took the ephod and enquired of the Lord. He reconnected to God after the insurrection among his men, he moved from pity to encouragement, he worked on himself, and he eventually he stepped into the priestly role.

Friend, if you work on yourself, you will do more than you are currently doing. If you improve on yourself, you will step into higher roles. If you grow your competence and abilities, you will step into special roles that may not originally have been yours. If you improve on your attitudes and work ethics, bigger opportunities will beckon on you.

The moment David encouraged and worked on himself, he found courage to do what he wasn’t trained for. You may never appreciate your potentials, potentialities, and endless possibilities you are capable of, until you improve on yourself and deal with your weak areas. Your strengths may not manifest until you work to weaken your weaknesses.

A little improvement may be all you need to step into higher roles. Don’t allow the perfection you have attained in some areas make you accept mediocrity in other areas. Work on yourself and you will step into bigger, better roles.

Proverbs 12 vs. 24 says: “The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute.”

Prayer : Lord, I commit to improving myself; may my improvement fetch me bigger roles, in Jesus’ name!Amen
Re: How To Conquer Barrenness/ Poverty Spiritually & Physically by bless4God(f): 9:04am On Apr 21, 2020
MORE THAN ENOUGH

“And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.”

When David called for the ephod, he enquired from God concerning two issues: David asked if he should pursue the troop and if he would overtake them. David asked two questions; he made two enquiries from God; he asked for two favours; he had two expectations.

God responded to David’s request by saying that David should pursue, overtake, and recover all. David asked two questions, but God gave him three answers. He made two requests, he asked for two favours, but God gave him three. David had two expectations, but God exceeded his expectations.

Friend, hear God’s prophetic word: God will exceed your expectations. God will give you more than you could ever ask or think; God will take you to levels higher than whatever levels you have desired of him; God will give you answers beyond the prayers and requests you have made.

God didn't limit David to the much that David asked; He answered a question that David didn’t even ask. God is not limited by your requests; He can do more than you can ever imagine. No matter what you ask or desire, expect more than enough.

Increase your expectations. Even when you have prayed, expect more than you prayed for. No matter your desire, expect God to give you more. The resources of heaven are more than enough to satisfy you; ask and you will receive more than you ever asked for.

Ephesians 3 vs. 20 says: “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,”

Prayer : Lord, exceed my expectations, in Jesus name! Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (197) (Reply)

"ONLINE DELIVERANCE WITH THE GOD OF ELIJAH"- / Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.