Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:05 AM

My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning (31384 Views)

My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? / I Killed 2 Scorpions In My Room This Morning / I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by coogar: 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
Even more reasons for them to lose their heads.

If it's not gonna be used. . .then why have it?!

sisi, you are harsh o!
a hungry man has no morals. grin cheesy
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by redfly(m): 11:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
Experienced same in Akure back in 2007
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by tellwisdom: 11:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
Wished it was me--If i no remove person jaw, na small e go remain angry

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by chessguru1(m): 11:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
deife: I'll be as brief as possible, Nairalanders. To tell you that kidnappers & ritualists exist & are on rampage is an understatement. What you need to be aware of is that they adopt different strategies to capture their victims. I'm going to share with you one approach so as not to become a prey.

I was at Law School busstop at about 6.30am today when I saw a cab & told the driver my destination. He told me to board. I noticed that there was a 'passenger' beside him & another one at the back. So I sat at the back.
Within 30 seconds of our journey, the young man beside me offered the driver #100 as transport fare. Immediately, the driver started shouting. The dialogue ensued between both of them:

Driver: How dare you offer me a hundred naira as transport fare? Aren't you the one that put that bag in the trunk? In fact you have a case to answer. Where did you get that huge amount of money from?

Passenger: (sobbing & genuflecting) please don't expose me. My boss died this morning. He was a Hausa man who ran a Bureau de Change business. He died after a brief illness. As soon as he died, my colleague made away with one of his vehicles. Because I don't know how to drive, I decided to make away with this money.

Passenger at the Front: How much is in the bag?

Passenger: 1.1 million dollars

Passenger at the Front: Oga driver, you know what? Let's strike a deal with the man. (Facing the Passenger at the back who at this point is already shaking like a jellyfish) Are you ready to share this money with the rest of us on this car?

Passenger: Yes sir!

[B]All along I was quiet.[/B]

Passengersadthe one who 'stole' the money) We need a herbalist or witch doctor to help us make the charms ineffective because the last time I tried to touch the money, I fell down.

Driver: (Cuts in) that's no problem. We will get a pastor or a herbalist to destroy the charms.

At this point, the passenger asked for my views. To be candid, so many things were on my mind. I felt this could be the 'major break' I had been trusting God for. On the other hand, I wasn't comfortable because if what the passenger said was anything to go by, & I partook in spending the money, I would have murdered Peace & Sleep.

Me: No true pastor will agree to be a part of this.

Before you could say Jack Robinson, the Passenger at the Front quickly offered to phone a herbalist that he claimed to know. Meanwhile the driver had taken the alternative route instead of going through the Toll Plaza. As soon as we got to a point, I told the driver to stop, I told him I wasn't interested, & immediately got out of the car & took a long walk.

To cut a long story short, when I got to work, I just hinted my colleague about my experience without going into details & guess what she said! She told me their modus operandi which tallied with what I experienced today.

So Nairalanders, I urge you to always take time to pray before you go out & be close to God. Put God first in all you do & be security conscious. May you not die untimely in Jesus' name & may God's grace be constantly available to you & your loved ones.
Are you new in lagos!! You where quite for what exactly? When you should have pretended that exact moment like you forgot something, and begged them to drop you, you dey follow strangers for inside lagos cab dey pull story. Sorry 4 be your name!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by repogirl(f): 11:47pm On Apr 18, 2013
Not a new thing at all, my sis encountered them twice in Abuja here. Immediately they start 'no be you get that bag for boot?' She tells the driver to park well so she can drop, and doesn't even bother paying them anything.
Pls be prayerful and thankful to God.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by supaeagles(m): 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
please explain to me what is the "ritualism/kidnapper" action that these taxi guys will now do next? Do they now drive you to a slaughter house?
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by isartha2000: 11:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
This happened to me once in 2008.It has always been the same story.They are both fraudsters as well as ritualist.God save us from them.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by chinedum45(m): 12:01am On Apr 19, 2013
If u do not want to b a victim of 419ers, never b interested in what they say
never envisage cheap money.,.work hard for any money u want

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by violent(m): 12:07am On Apr 19, 2013
Fifty men on the dead man's chest.
Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum

Someone wake me up to reality. Why in God's name are we thanking God that a would be pirate escaped Baba's mortar and pestle?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by buchibuchi: 12:24am On Apr 19, 2013
Thanks for the post

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by buchibuchi: 12:25am On Apr 19, 2013
chinedum45: If u do not want to b a victim of 419ers, never b interested in what they say
never envisage cheap money.,.work hard for any money u want
u hv a point there
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 19, 2013
Imagine trying to associate sharing stolen money with God! This is exactly why Nigeria is in this state,so if he wasn't afraid he would have taken a cut and gone ahead to give a testimony in Church sef. God is truly merciful.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by SisiKill1: 12:32am On Apr 19, 2013
I'm sorry if I come off a bit unfeeling but I can't understand why people are saying thank you for this post and acting like they've just been told some top secret.

I mean is there anyone out there who woulda have followed complete strangers to go make covenant over the sharing of a dead man's property if they hadn't seen this post?!!!

If there is then being kidnapped should be the least of your problems. ...you should be wondering who has cooked your brains with semo and fed it to dogs. undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by naijathings(m): 12:35am On Apr 19, 2013
emilyone: Op are you a learner?

the trick is called one chance, nothing new about it.

Na lie bro.. this is not the same as one chance.
one chance dem go still obtain you and na dem go use hand to push you commot from moto.
one chance is plain robbery while this one na washy wahsy e go finally end.
@OP... thank God you came back to your right senses instead of doing mental calculation of how much is $1.1M USD
when you change it to naira. many people sold their father's property with this type of ordeal.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by ylaa(f): 12:37am On Apr 19, 2013
this is an old story. this method is well known to everybody. even a fool will not fall for this.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by GooseBaba: 12:40am On Apr 19, 2013
tatiana009: Imagine trying to associate sharing stolen money with God! This is exactly why Nigeria is in this state,so if he wasn't afraid he would have taken a cut and gone ahead to give a testimony in Church sef. God is truly merciful.

Can you imagine..! Since some people god works in mysterious ways... My guy any moment is a moment for action.. Even if the thing no make sense..chai! See person life..the god effect erodes common sense..
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 19, 2013
Trick is so 1998. Thanks for sharing, for those who are not aware.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by logica(m): 12:56am On Apr 19, 2013
deife: I felt this could be the 'major break' I had been trusting God for.
Lol. This is the exact way religious Nigerians think; and end up in ritual yards.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by violent(m): 1:02am On Apr 19, 2013
Sisi_Kill: I'm sorry if I come off a bit unfeeling but I can't understand why people are saying thank you for this post and acting like they've just been told some top secret.

I mean is there anyone out there who woulda have followed complete strangers to go make covenant over the sharing of a dead man's property if they hadn't seen this post?!!!

If there is then being kidnapped should be the least of your problems. ...you should be wondering who has cooked your brains with semo and fed it to dogs. undecided

Are you saying it is ridiculous to loot and share a dead man's property?

Wait till you hear the testimony on Sunday!

"Praise the Lord, he has done it again! Even while i walked in the shadows of death and contemplated stealing another man's wealth, he was there with me, and rescued me from the hands of evil men who may have sold me for body parts!"

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by AjanleKoko: 1:04am On Apr 19, 2013
violent:

Are you saying it is ridiculous to loot and share a dead man's property?

Wait till you hear the testimony on Sunday!

"Praise the Lord, he has done it again! Even while i walked in the shadows of death and contemplated stealing another man's wealth, he was there with me, and rescued me from the hands of evil men who may have sold me for body parts!"

In spite of myself cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by playboy19(m): 1:07am On Apr 19, 2013
They are not ritualists or kidnappers as such. But congratulations, you have had an encounter with 419ers. If you were the greedy type, you'd be paying through your nose by now. This happened to someone i know few years ago. He came back telling me he was gonna buy my type of car for his gf and buy the latest one for himself within 2 weeks.

He kept postponing the cars' arrival until one day we found out he was being duped. Then out of our stupidity, we went to the police, not knowing that they're all in it together. The policemen at the station knew all the perpetrators and were even cracking jokes with them. So my brother, just thank your stars, else you'd be selling your family house by now.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by blackbeau1(f): 1:15am On Apr 19, 2013
i have been through this several times. they are not ritualists, just '419ers', trying to make some dough from you

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by gysl1973: 1:17am On Apr 19, 2013
@op, you must be very stupid, you wrote this gabbage here and only you still titled it Ritualists/kidnappers, do you need a CIA or FBI that they just common 419ner looking for their daily bread,

the thing even pain me say you no fall for this adam and eve game self, since you no fit differentiate common job men from Ritualists/kidnappers,
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by azpekuliar: 1:18am On Apr 19, 2013
emilyone: Op are you a learner?

the trick is called one chance, nothing new about it.

Who told you this is 'one chance'? You are a learner!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by gysl1973: 1:19am On Apr 19, 2013
black_beau: i have been through this several times. they are not ritualists, just '419ers', trying to make some dough from you

The OP must be mad, only em nai experience the thing, only em nai narrate the story, yet e still call am Ritualists/kidnappers story, wonder how em no take fall for the game with this he stupidity
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by wendieposh: 1:27am On Apr 19, 2013
They are not ritualists,more like fraudsters. I experienced this in 2010 only mine happened on the Express way & there was no way to alight from the cab. We went to a pastor's at Shangisha, the man kept asking for money for annoiting oil,bell,coloured candles etc,I just kept staring like I didn't understand them. He told me to drop money for prayers for the spirit of patience cos I was really disturbing the driver to take me back where he picked me up else I'd scream. When the saw that I was bad market,the fake pastor asked them to drop me off at the bus stop but I didn't go with them,just kept walking and asking for directions till I got to Berger. To think I had over a hundred thousand (office money) in my bag that I was to pay in the bank.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Rimbaldi: 1:38am On Apr 19, 2013
VERY OLD SCAM! THE TARGET WAS TO GET U INTERESTED IN THE DEAL, TAKE U TO THEIR BASE WHERE U WILL SWEAR AN OATH OF SILENCE AND RUSH HOME TO BRING ALL THE MONEY U CAN GET/BORROW BECAUSE THEY WILL STILL NEED MONEY TO BUY CHEMICALS TO WASH THE ENTIRE MILLIONS OF $. THEY WILL WASH QUITE A FEW IN YOUR PRESENCE TO CONVINCE YOU IT IS REAL. IF THEY WANTED U DEAD, THE MOMENT THEY DETOURED, HEAVENLY SLAPS WOULD HAVE STARTED RAINING ON U FROM ALL ANGLES, PLUS YOU PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN HYPNOTIZED OR SOMETHING.

@OP UNREGISTERED TAXI OR CAB = KABU KABU. YOU SEF BE LONGTHROAT, WHO SHARES HIS NEWLY-FOUND FORTUNES WITH COMPLETE STRANGERS? WHOEVER DOES THAT?
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by An0nimus: 1:41am On Apr 19, 2013
@OP Kidnappers/Ritualists will not go through all those theatrics to get to you chap.
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by BashToks: 1:44am On Apr 19, 2013
coogar:

that's suicidal!
i would not get into such unless i am the only passenger he's taking.

that's critical....
people shouldn't complain then when they get mugged in rickety cabs in nigeria.

next time, write your story clearly....
you got into an unlicensed taxicab - what do you expect from such arrangement?

By trying so hard to prove you're a smartass, you've successfully derailed the topic. What should have been people sharing tips and experiences is now a battle of who speaks english better. I think we all got the point when the Op said he/she took a cab with multiple passengers.
There are times when u try to correct horrendous mistakes and there are times when u just need a dose of chill out and shut the fck up!

22 Likes

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Nobody: 1:55am On Apr 19, 2013
I am sure that some members of this forum may even be doing 419 deals like this part time
Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by 4nez(f): 2:01am On Apr 19, 2013
Old trick in the book, experienced mine last year wen coming bck frm church on a sunday,entered dis kabu kabu n nxt tin, d lady beside me wanted to alight n d driver was just talkin abt mny in a bag, dollar dis dollar dat n one fool like dat beside d driver claimin pastor wit a bible, I just kept mute, d driver just packed one side n I just quietly came down n walked to d nearest bustop..God punish devil.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Ritualists/kidnappers At Lekki This Morning by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 19, 2013
deife:
At this point, the passenger asked for my views. To be candid, so many things were on my mind. I felt this could be the 'major break' I had been trusting God for. On the other hand, I wasn't comfortable because if what the passenger said was anything to go by, & I partook in spending the money, I would have murdered Peace & Sleep.

na wa for the christianity of today... this is the "break through" you have been "trusting God for"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Video Of Nigerian Woman Expressing Her Joy As She Becomes A Mrs / Nigerian Man Narrates How His Daughter Chose Him During Custody Battle / "My Husband Refused To Have Sex With Me For 3 Years" - Angry Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.